Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

The pictures of test rooms at CSR and Pop both have no carpet. It seems to be going that way.

It's going to be interesting to read reviews after it's all done. I am wondering if it's going to make it louder in the rooms below since carpet tends to dampen sound.

Question about SAB - thinking about ordering some stuff from garden grocer next trip, including a six pack or two of Jai Alai beer in cans - $12 for a six pack or $7 or so plus tip for the same beer from Crew's Cup. Can I take unopened cans to SAB in a cooler and drink them from the can by the pool? Alternatively, can I take a cooler with beer to the pool and pour into a cup? If no coolers allowed can I just stick a few in a backpack? I know that I had to get a to-go cup for drinks from Crew's Cup in the past. Thanks much.

Yes. You can bring a cooler and cans to the pool. Just no glass.
Have Fun

Has anyone tried the spireside candles? Just saw their website and they have disney smelling candles and more specifically a beach club candle!
Another candle company walter and rosie candles company has a beach club candle too.

Has anyone tried either of these candles?

Last edited:
The pictures of test rooms at CSR and Pop both have no carpet. It seems to be going that way.
Interesting. I have not seen those pictures. I'm curious as too why the switch. I'm sure easier to clean, just looks a little cold. I guess I'll find out in July.

Regarding the lack of carpet: I just stayed in a 1-bedroom at Boardwalk Villas. There was no carpet in the living room area. When I got there and made a phone call (to have my luggage brought up to the room), I could hear my voice echo. However, I never heard the people on the floor above me. I was on the ground floor, so there was no guest room below mine. I did not like the flooring. It has a grain in it, I guess so you won't slip, but it feels awful under your feet.

Just saw this thread. Poster was at YC during construction & their trip was impacted. Watched the video & I am shocked they were left in their room.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/help-yacht-club-resort-issue.3594701/unread

I just tried to help out the OP on that thread. Some real meanies saying "Let it Go," and "Get over it" so snidely! The video is INSANE. It was SO inappropriate. I love me some BC/YC....but that was a really lousy move to put people in that room based on what they're charging.

I have some good news and I have some bad news...

The good news: I have the April activities calendar

The bad news: I am currently trapped with a cat on my lap, so I can't scan it in and post it until he leaves.

:cat:

Same....well...the cat part. I'm working on lesson plans and Grace is approving/disapproving.

Last edited:
Question about SAB - thinking about ordering some stuff from garden grocer next trip, including a six pack or two of Jai Alai beer in cans - $12 for a six pack or $7 or so plus tip for the same beer from Crew's Cup. Can I take unopened cans to SAB in a cooler and drink them from the can by the pool? Alternatively, can I take a cooler with beer to the pool and pour into a cup? If no coolers allowed can I just stick a few in a backpack? I know that I had to get a to-go cup for drinks from Crew's Cup in the past. Thanks much.
I'm not sure what the "rules" are in terms of bringing your own alcohol to the pool(s) but we've taken our own beer (ordered thru GG just like you intend) to SAB in our backpack and drank them without any issues in the past.

We have been going to the Y&B every summer for the past 8 years and every trip we order from GG. We order beer and wine and we also order a cooler from them. We have never had an issue bringing the cooler into the pool area.

My issue with the refurbed rooms at the YC is that the ceiling fans are being removed. The ceiling fans provide great relief during the very hot and muggy summers. With the motion detectors on the room thermostats and no ceiling fans, it will be interesting to see how guests' comfort and sleeping will be affected.

Planning our first trip to BC for August -- thanks to a great discount! Have already stayed at Pop, ASMo, ASSp, POFQ (x3), and last year Wilderness Lodge. Looking forward to trying an Epcot resort this time! I'm trying to catch up on the ton of information in this thread and feeling overwhelmed. But I'm sure I'll get through it all eventually!

Just a couple quick questions though, that I'm hoping people don't mind! I'm sure it's in here somewhere but can't find it quickly!

Transportation -- Is there really no bus from BC to HS? My options are walking or boat? And how long does the boat take to get there--and is it often full at morning and park close times?

Daybed -- Do most of the rooms have a daybed? Or are they hard to get? (We have a standard view booked if that matters) And if we are lucky and get one, are they the same size as a regular twin bed? We've got two teenage boys and need their own sleeping space!

Thank you!

Planning our first trip to BC for August -- thanks to a great discount! Have already stayed at Pop, ASMo, ASSp, POFQ (x3), and last year Wilderness Lodge. Looking forward to trying an Epcot resort this time! I'm trying to catch up on the ton of information in this thread and feeling overwhelmed. But I'm sure I'll get through it all eventually!

Just a couple quick questions though, that I'm hoping people don't mind! I'm sure it's in here somewhere but can't find it quickly!

Transportation -- Is there really no bus from BC to HS? My options are walking or boat? And how long does the boat take to get there--and is it often full at morning and park close times?

Daybed -- Do most of the rooms have a daybed? Or are they hard to get? (We have a standard view booked if that matters) And if we are lucky and get one, are they the same size as a regular twin bed? We've got two teenage boys and need their own sleeping space!

Thank you!

I believe there is a bus as well as boat.

I think daybeds my not be a guarentee unless you have 5 because some rooms showed sleep 4 and some showed sleep 5 when we searched. Not sure if that was a glitch or what it swaps to when they have too many with 5.

Thank you!

:welcome: to the thread!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15

:woohoo:

This certainly is a long, overwhelming thread. I try to keep the first page up-to-date with the latest news and common questions. I recommend you start with the first page, especially Post 1, Post 13 (FAQ) and Post 14 (Other Useful Info). Then maybe catch up on the most recent pages

True. No bus from BC to HS, unless there is inclement weather and the boat can't run. It can take up to 15 minutes for a boat to arrive, then I think the ride time to the Studios is about 20 minutes. And unfortunately, yes, in the morning sometimes the boat is full so you have to wait for the next one. Same at park closing. The walk is about 25 minutes, at a moderate pace.

I am not really sure of the percentage of rooms that have daybeds at the resort. You should add a request on your reservation by calling Disney's Central Reservations Office, or have your travel agent do that if you booked that way.

"Room with a daybed please for two teenage boys"

Fire away as you have other questions!

:goodvibes

I believe there is a bus as well as boat.

I think daybeds my not be a guarentee unless you have 5 because some rooms showed sleep 4 and some showed sleep 5 when we searched. Not sure if that was a glitch or what it swaps to when they have too many with 5.

I think you're correct. They actually put my family of 5 in a room without a day bed a few years ago at the YC. I ended up with a rollaway because when I went back down to the desk they didn't have any rooms available that slept 5.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter