Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

So excited that I'll be doing my 3rd Yacht Club trip in October. Just wondering there will be 5 of us in a standard view club level room. Are the pull down beds the same as the ones over at the Poly? Just checking because I have slept on that one and had a fine weekend but if it isn't I'll have to tell at least 2 girls to get their own room.

Question about the Beach Club pool- How deep is the water that the slide drops you into? Also, are floaties allowed in the pool? (specifically the round ones that a kid can wear on their upper arm)

Thanks!

I don't know the exact depth but it is not that deep. I've seen a lot of adults standing up in the water where the slide dumps you off and it seems waist or just above waist high on most of them. So I'm going to guesstimate around 4 - 4.5 feet.

I would say your right. when I was there in 2014 I remember that I could stand at the end to wait for my kids and I am only a whopping 4'9'' so the 4-4.5 feet sounds about right, maybe closer to 4'6''?

We are returning this summer for our third trip to YC/BC. Like last summer, we could only get a part of our week there, so we are splitting our stay with the Poly. Happy to be there for at least part of our stay. Thankful those summer deals finally came out. :)

Could you add us to the list for June 11-15? Thanks so much!!

I would say your right. when I was there in 2014 I remember that I could stand at the end to wait for my kids and I am only a whopping 4'9'' so the 4-4.5 feet sounds about right, maybe closer to 4'6''?

I'm a bit taller but still not tall and it sounds right to me, too. I could stand up after going down the slide but it wasn't shallow for me.

I'm a bit taller but still not tall and it sounds right to me, too. I could stand up after going down the slide but it wasn't shallow for me.
FWIW, their lifeguards are amazing. I was walking by when a kid came out of the chute and looked like he was in distress. In my (number redacted) years of existence, I have NEVER seen anyone move as fast as the CM watching that pool. She was at that child's side before he could make up his mind whether or not he wanted help. I was so impressed I found a manager to make sure he knew he had a real star on his team!

I need some advice. I was booked in a Studio at the Beach Club Villas. Today, a special summer promo came out. I moved us to the Beach Club, Deluxe Club Level Room. I am second guessing this change. We always stay CL when we stay here, but this time we wanted to try the Villas. Initially, we booked to save some money and my hubby wanted a balcony. He does not want the Juliet balcony. I initially called to make the change because I goofed up and had 2 guests and not 4 and it looked like it was the same price as the Studio. It was $697 more to move over to the hotel, Club Level. I know these rooms are not on the 5th floor. Can anyone tell me more about the Deluxe CL rooms? Do they all have a patio or full balcony? Is it worth the making the change? We usually only get to do breakfast at the concierge and maybe snacks here and there. It is really not worth the extra $700 or is it? We love the convenience of the concierge. I am so confused. I have a 20 year old and a 17 year old and having the extra day bed will be nice any you are not guaranteed the day bed with a garden view room. The studios have that extra bull down bunk. HELP! Any advice. Should I keep the Deluxe CL room or go back to the Villas? The balcony question is key.

So excited that I'll be doing my 3rd Yacht Club trip in October. Just wondering there will be 5 of us in a standard view club level room. Are the pull down beds the same as the ones over at the Poly? Just checking because I have slept on that one and had a fine weekend but if it isn't I'll have to tell at least 2 girls to get their own room.

The back of the couch flips down. They are comfortable.

The back of the couch flips down. They are comfortable.

Awesome sounds like the one I slept on at the Poly.

It'll be interesting to say the least but good to know it will be the same as the Poly. I'm sure everyone will try to put the only guy on it (everyone has been made aware there is a guy sleeping in the room and if they don't like it they can get their own room because he paid for it all) but I don't think he should be forced to sleep on it since he's paying. I think I'll put my and him together, my friends who were roomies on our CP in the other bed, and my cousin on the fold down. I don't think she'll mind the fold down.

page 837

Thanks to everyone who has responded to my questions. Another thanks to those who supply the pics and reports. :flower3:

We have made a switch to our trip. Instead of BC CL from Aug 5th to 8th, we are staying at YC CL from Aug 4th to 7th. (Yay, summer discount!)

Since we are staying CL and will likely be partaking in the evening snacks and appetizers, we would like some advice on where to go to get evening QS at BC or YC. I imagine we may head over to Epcot one or two evenings and dine there, but there may be a night or two we may want to stay at the resort. What QS meals do you enjoy at BC or YC?

Jody

I'll make the adjustment to your listing.

There are some great suggestions in the following response and others.

At the Yacht Club, they are currently testing a Fresh Express offering- either pickup or room delivery at the Yacht Club. There is a menu posted on Page 1 (Post 1). Not sure if that will continue.

Also, QS offerings at the YC Fittings & Fairings gift shop are expected soon- May?

Personally, with all of the great QS options in EPCOT and the ease of getting there, we often have meals there and sometimes bring it back to our room. The Tangierine Café in Morocco, QS in Japan and Sunshine Seasons are our favorites.

::yes::

If you are looking for QS meals on the dining plan there's not a ton of options at the resorts - we've enjoyed some decent sandwiches/flatbreads from the BC QS place but it has a pretty limited menu. You can walk over to Boardwalk Bakery, but I'd probably just walk to Epcot and get fish & chips or something from Les Halles since we prefer those places. Hurricane Hanna's is QS on the dining plan and is a relaxing place to grab a drink and food but frankly the food isn't all that good -- I'm not particularly picky but didn't finish my burger last time we ate there. If you are going to pay out of pocket I think the best option for something that doesn't require reservations is Crew's Cup Lounge -- good food and drinks but fairly pricey.

Thank you for the excellent suggestions.

:thumbsup2

We have reservations booked for the last week of August. The last time we stayed at YC we had a nasty encounter with a man at the pool. He and his family took the last row of chairs. When we took the chairs in front of them he got very ugly and aggressive about how we were blocking his view of his kids in the pool. There were no castmembers around, so rather than get into a physical altercation we left the pool. My spouse is worried we'll encounter that attitude again. It was a Sunday in June. Is late August better? Alternatively, would it help to avoid Sunday? Any chance they've installed some sort of cabana I can rent?

I am so sorry to hear that happen. I have to say that this is an unusual occurrence. Yes, late August should be less crowded than June in the parks and pools but this was not a function of the time of year, time of day or day of the week. You just happened to encounter a jerk. That can happen any time and any place, but nothing even close to this has happened to me in many trips to Stormalong Bay.

I can understand your husband not wanting to repeat this unpleasant experience but you should be fine. There are also a few less crowded nooks and crannies at the pool by going over a few of the bridges.

Good luck and enjoy your time at the pool.

:fish:

Is there any way to find out now what time and days of the week the BC does the campfire and outdoor movies the first week of June? Or about when do they publish a schedule for this? Thank you.

I am usually able to get a copy of the activities schedule in the first few days of the month. Sometimes guests who are staying club level can get a calendar emailed to them, so if someone gets one to me sooner, I will post it.

To get an idea of the times in previous years, go to Page 1, Post 4 and there is a link with an archive of past schedules.

:goodvibes

@natebenma can I be added to the 'be our guest' list? We'll be at the BC 5/25-5/31 :)

:welcome: back!

Absolutely!

:woohoo:

I just noticed you have a trip report going for your Jan trip. I'll check that out when I get a chance although I am hopelessly behind here, on my trip report and generally everywhere!

:rotfl2:

page 838

Good Evening :) Requesting a small change to my details ..... can you change my room from BC 2 BDRM VILLA to BC CL Lagoon/Pool view (The Parents) BC CL Standard Room (The Kids) ? ALL the other details stay the same :)
Thanks so much!

PS.... my details where in NOV 2017 Chimo2u

Will do!

:goodvibes

Just booked our Summer Vaca!

Heading off to WL in 13 days, but since summer discounts came out I had to grab ours. In July, we are staying a few days at BWCL, going to Orlando to visit relatives, and then staying YCCL 7/23-7/28. I'm hoping I'll be able to add a AP discount to these dates, but just in case I have it booked. I go a few times a year, so I like to switch up resorts, but the YC/BC is my "home" resort. lol Can't wait to see the new rooms and float in the lazy river at SAB!

I'll add you to the list.

:cool1:

dee, I keep meaning to ask if you can add a day to me on the be our guest list? so now we are beach club club level deluxe room june 11-16:yay:

Got it! Will do.

:cool2:

Just saw this thread. Poster was at YC during construction & their trip was impacted. Watched the video & I am shocked they were left in their room.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/help-yacht-club-resort-issue.3594701/unread

Yikes! Thanks for sharing. The guest should not have been placed in that room or they should have been moved as soon as construction started around them.

I haven't commented over there yet. If I do, I will emphasize what others have said- if you find yourself in a room with unacceptable conditions, visit (don't call) the front desk to discuss your options as soon as possible.

:headache:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

I have not done a fabulous job keeping up to date. A few people have posted pictures of the newly renovated rooms at the Yacht Club but I don't remember if I have seen many pictures of the new daybed. Here is a picture from one of the YC Club Level king bed rooms. Daybed looks big. Not sure what it is like when it is pulled out.

YC daybed.jpg

ETA: I just posted a picture of the YC daybed in a renovated room on Page 841 of this thread.

:woohoo:

We are returning this summer for our third trip to YC/BC. Like last summer, we could only get a part of our week there, so we are splitting our stay with the Poly. Happy to be there for at least part of our stay. Thankful those summer deals finally came out. :)

Could you add us to the list for June 11-15? Thanks so much!!

Happy to add you to the list.

:dogdance:

Hi Dee. Would you add me on to the "Be Our Guest" list? Dec 3-10 in YC CL, can't wait ;)

I'm so excited I put the wrong hotel! Beach Club CL

Will do!

:cool1:

I need some advice. I was booked in a Studio at the Beach Club Villas. Today, a special summer promo came out. I moved us to the Beach Club, Deluxe Club Level Room. I am second guessing this change. We always stay CL when we stay here, but this time we wanted to try the Villas. Initially, we booked to save some money and my hubby wanted a balcony. He does not want the Juliet balcony. I initially called to make the change because I goofed up and had 2 guests and not 4 and it looked like it was the same price as the Studio. It was $697 more to move over to the hotel, Club Level. I know these rooms are not on the 5th floor. Can anyone tell me more about the Deluxe CL rooms? Do they all have a patio or full balcony? Is it worth the making the change? We usually only get to do breakfast at the concierge and maybe snacks here and there. It is really not worth the extra $700 or is it? We love the convenience of the concierge. I am so confused. I have a 20 year old and a 17 year old and having the extra day bed will be nice any you are not guaranteed the day bed with a garden view room. The studios have that extra bull down bunk. HELP! Any advice. Should I keep the Deluxe CL room or go back to the Villas? The balcony question is key.

I have some info about the Beach Club Deluxe rooms on Page 1, Post 12. There is also a thread that has pictures of some of the rooms, although probably all are pre-renovation.

I do not believe that they all have full balconies so that could be an issue.

::yes::

Last edited:
Question about SAB - thinking about ordering some stuff from garden grocer next trip, including a six pack or two of Jai Alai beer in cans - $12 for a six pack or $7 or so plus tip for the same beer from Crew's Cup. Can I take unopened cans to SAB in a cooler and drink them from the can by the pool? Alternatively, can I take a cooler with beer to the pool and pour into a cup? If no coolers allowed can I just stick a few in a backpack? I know that I had to get a to-go cup for drinks from Crew's Cup in the past. Thanks much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter