Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

It won't help at all with those minute to minute frustrations, but a great app for tracking flight costs over time and predicting whether they will go up or down in the future is Hopper. It's been a lifesaver for a compulsive flight price checker like myself. You can set it and forget it - the app will send you a push notification if there's a deal. I have my dates plugged in there for my Aug/Sept trip and am patiently waiting!

Yapta is supposed to do this also, but it misses some of the price drops. Other times it catches the price drops but doesn't tell you about them until hours later. I don't know how often it searches. Maybe by the time it searches, the price has dropped and gone back up again, so at the time of search it looks like there was no change. (JetBlue has been crazy for my flights for the past two months. It's been at $510 EACH WAY for a 2 1/2 hour flight. Then it will drop by hundreds, but just for a few hours; I think it goes right back up after they sell a few seats. I've continued to watch it just out of curiosity.)

It won't help at all with those minute to minute frustrations, but a great app for tracking flight costs over time and predicting whether they will go up or down in the future is Hopper. It's been a lifesaver for a compulsive flight price checker like myself. You can set it and forget it - the app will send you a push notification if there's a deal. I have my dates plugged in there for my Aug/Sept trip and am patiently waiting!

I just downloaded Hopper and put in my dates, but it didn't show any SW flights. Do you know if it watches SW also?

Yapta is supposed to do this also, but it misses some of the price drops. Other times it catches the price drops but doesn't tell you about them until hours later. I don't know how often it searches. Maybe by the time it searches, the price has dropped and gone back up again, so at the time of search it looks like there was no change. (JetBlue has been crazy for my flights for the past two months. It's been at $510 EACH WAY for a 2 1/2 hour flight. Then it will drop by hundreds, but just for a few hours; I think it goes right back up after they sell a few seats. I've continued to watch it just out of curiosity.)
Good to know! I'll have to keep an eye out for those kinds of issues. Now I'm feeling the compulsion to check flights every minute returning. Oh well, at least I get to think about our vacation every time. :yay:

Only 86 days till our next trip!!! I was worried that I wouldn't be as excited since we were just there but that is not the case at all!! In fact my husband and I are thinking of coming back in late Feb/early March for an anniversary trip. As of last week the bounce back offers were only through Dec. 2017, when do you think they will be offering for 2018? I am thinking of trying out the YC possibly CL for that trip. We are a little reluctant going without our daughter, but I have read so many people who enjoy a kid free trip and we will have the APs!!!

"It's been at $510 EACH WAY for a 2 1/2 hour flight."
Wow thats crazy imo for such a short flight! We are 1.5 hour flight, I bought our tickets for $69 each way nonstop, pp. on Southwest. I watched fares for a bit, and when I saw $69, I booked like a mad person. The fare is sitting at $70 still. I think fares are so airport specific, and time of flight or distance doesn't always seem to be the biggest influencer anymore.

:-) That's not a bad price for those of us coming from Canada....

"It's been at $510 EACH WAY for a 2 1/2 hour flight."
Wow thats crazy imo for such a short flight! We are 1.5 hour flight, I bought our tickets for $69 each way nonstop, pp. on Southwest. I watched fares for a bit, and when I saw $69, I booked like a mad person. The fare is sitting at $70 still. I think fares are so airport specific, and time of flight or distance doesn't always seem to be the biggest influencer anymore.

I booked at $150 down and $260 back, which is expensive but I had JetBlue credits to use up. Since I booked, the return has dropped as low as $202 but no lower, so I didn't do too bad on guessing when to book. If somebody thought they should book round trip, though, the prices never dipped at the same time for both flights, so they would have overpaid by a lot.

Some people drive from Canada to Upstate NY and fly from there - I guess it's cheaper, although I'm sure the decision depends on how long the drive would be.

Only 86 days till our next trip!!! I was worried that I wouldn't be as excited since we were just there but that is not the case at all!! In fact my husband and I are thinking of coming back in late Feb/early March for an anniversary trip. As of last week the bounce back offers were only through Dec. 2017, when do you think they will be offering for 2018? I am thinking of trying out the YC possibly CL for that trip. We are a little reluctant going without our daughter, but I have read so many people who enjoy a kid free trip and we will have the APs!!!
I believe the usual bounceback history is that it is room only offers for same year up until about early August then it goes to free dining for the next year until about October and then room discounts come back but they are for the following year. So in June, it would still be room only for 2017. This could always change, but that's the deal the last few years.

I did grab a picture of the carpet. I liked it.

20170310_111331_zpsj7hs4lyo.jpg
20170310_111331.jpg

I believe the usual bounceback history is that it is room only offers for same year up until about early August then it goes to free dining for the next year until about October and then room discounts come back but they are for the following year. So in June, it would still be room only for 2017. This could always change, but that's the deal the last few years.

Thanks!

In fact my husband and I are thinking of coming back in late Feb/early March for an anniversary trip. As of last week the bounce back offers were only through Dec. 2017, when do you think they will be offering for 2018?

The room only bounce back offers for 2018 should get released around the middle of October if Disney keeps to their prior patterns. Disney usually releases the January-February resort discounts in early October. And we have been very lucky at getting Annual pass discounts for dates in January and February. Our Beach Club stay in Feb 2016 was booked with the AP discount. :)

page 827-828

We are officially booked for 8/23-8/30 at the BC. Celebrating DD's 16th birthday. Woo hoo! :yay:

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

:cool1:

:woohoo:

Let us know if you go ahead with your Feb/March trip!

My husband and I had an amazing time on our couples trip in October. So much fun, in fact, that he asked me on Saturday if we are going to do it again this coming fall.

:scratchin

Would you all happen to know what floor(s) are done being refurbed at YC?

:welcome: to the thread!

We rely on info from guests' observations for updates on the room renovations at the resort. The latest we have heard is that work is currently proceeding on parts of the 4th and perhaps some of the 3rd floor. As horselover noted, the rooms on the 5th floor are completed.

I try to keep the first post on Page 1 updated with news about the work as we receive it.

Do you have an upcoming trip booked at the Yacht Club?

:goodvibes

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter