Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

There was some discussion a couple weeks back about texting concierges during the day for those staying CL. I just saw over on the CL thread that the service was offered as recently as Feb at the Poly so it might be something to keep an eye out for as Disney might still be experimenting with it.

Mail is going to be the death of me trying to keep this trip secret! I got a fancy mailer today saying "So Many Wishes Are About To Come True. Walt Disney World" which I snatched out of my sisters hands and went "Ugh, they're always sending me ads!" Now to catch the next one in a couple days since I changed the dates a couple days after I booked and made a new reservation!
I'm lucky enough to be able to grab the mail at the bus stop before my kids get off the bus. But come summer I don't know what I'm gonna do to keep it a secret, especially come Magic band day. I'm hoping those come while they are still in park and rec day camp.

Hello everyone! So excited to try out BC for the first time over Labor Day. Quick question for the BC vets - is it a close enough walk to Epcot that I'll be wishing I had Park Hopper tickets to "hop" over there for a quick bite (or cocktail) during Food & Wine, even on a day when we went to another park? :thanks:

I made an ADR for cape may breakfast. Where in proximity to the restaurant would uber be dropping us off?

Uber will drop you off at the main Front Entrance to the Beach Club. Cape May is a short walk across the main lobby to the restaurant.

Hello everyone! So excited to try out BC for the first time over Labor Day. Quick question for the BC vets - is it a close enough walk to Epcot that I'll be wishing I had Park Hopper tickets to "hop" over there for a quick bite (or cocktail) during Food & Wine, even on a day when we went to another park? :thanks:

Yes, in my opinion. It is a short, pleasant 5 - 7 minute walk to the International Gateway in WS. Especially during F & W Hoppers are wonderful. On a 7 night trip we often end up at Epcot on 5 nights for something to eat.

The lounge in May 2015 was just two doors down from our room. I'd heard they eliminated one room on the floor to expand the lounge during the renovation; can someone confirm that?

And yes, the lounge has a balcony.

ETA Beaten to the punch! Thanks, Nate, that layout is super helpful and much appreciated! :thanks:

Wow-Nate and Jenn you are the best! Thank you very much for your awesome replies!!

what are everyones thought on the yacht club room renovations being done by the end of october??
I would think that they will be done by October. :)

Thanks so much for the floor plan. I am working on my room request. I would love a room with 2 Queen Beds and a Daybed. Ideally on an upper floor...with any luck we might get a new room. Touring Plans says that 4153 is a Garden View. Your map shows it as a Water View. We have a reservation for Garden View. Any room suggestions?
Thanks again!!
Most people request gazebo view when they have a garden view reservation. You would be able to see the lagoon from your balcony if you looked sideways. ;) It is also nice and quiet.

Absolutely get a park hopper. We usually walk into Epcot at least once a day. We enjoy the concerts and the food and beverage options. We also like to hop in to see Illuminations. Plus we can use the monorail to trail between MK and the resort.

Wow, and look how many rooms overlook that rooftop! Thats really awful! Cant they put some artifical grass or something! WOW. Hoping I dont get a view like that. Im in a "garden view". Is that the same as standard?
No, a standard view is not the same as a garden view. The standard view can be over the large, flat roof. The garden view will overlook something green, such as gardens, trees, grass, etc.

page 825-826

Finally decided to go ahead with summer plans and will be doing a split stay this year starting at the Yacht Club CL July 13-19 before heading to the Wilderness Lodge for the rest of the trip.

Here's your official

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list on Page 1.

:cool1:

If you click on the links to "Read More," pricing for services is displayed, as well as additional information.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/spas/beach-club-resort/ship-shape-health-club/

Thanks for that reminder! That is a really bad habit of mine. I never think to look on the Disney website for information. Shame on me!

:sad2:

what are everyones thought on the yacht club room renovations being done by the end of october??

I have heard "fall" and "end of year" for completion of the YC room renovations. I am not willing to commit to either estimate at this point in time.

:goodvibes

Please add us to the Be Our Guest list for our first stay at BC CL May 6-14!!! So excited! And we'll be celebrating DH's 40th birthday as well :cake:

Will do!

What a wonderful way to celebrate the milestone birthday.

:woohoo:

Thanks so much for the floor plan. I am working on my room request. I would love a room with 2 Queen Beds and a Daybed. Ideally on an upper floor...with any luck we might get a new room. Touring Plans says that 4153 is a Garden View. Your map shows it as a Water View. We have a reservation for Garden View. Any room suggestions?
Thanks again!!

Although Touring Plans has the option of requesting a particular room, we always advise that you make your room recommendation in words and not request a particular room or rooms. That way, the room assigner knows what is important to you.

If the daybed is important, then you should probably make that your first request, followed by either new room or location.

"Daybed, please. Renovated room, if possible"

The map I posted is quite old and at the time, there were only standard or water view rooms designations. I believe the rooms were reclassified in 2011, with the garden view label added.

There is a thread on the Resorts Community/Photo forum called Yacht Club Room Views with pictures guests have provided of the views of rooms from the various categories. Check it out to get an idea of what some of the garden views look like.

:thumbsup2

Wow, and look how many rooms overlook that rooftop! Thats really awful! Cant they put some artifical grass or something! WOW. Hoping I dont get a view like that. Im in a "garden view". Is that the same as standard?

No, garden view will look out on something green. A courtyard or trees. See my comment in the above response about the Yacht Club Room View thread.

::yes::

I made an ADR for cape may breakfast. Where in proximity to the restaurant would uber be dropping us off?

:welcome: to the thread!

As others have replied, you will be let off near the front entrance. When you get into the lobby head to the left and you will find the check-in stand for Cape May.

Enjoy!

:thumbsup2

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

:dogdance:

YES! YES! YES! on Hoppers!!!

The walk is so easy and convenient to the International Gateway of EPCOT.

We also often hop to EPCOT from another park on our way back to the resort. Take the monorail from MK to EP, stop off at some of the attractions or get a snack. If you spend the morning at HS, take the boat to EP for lunch and then back to the resort for an afternoon pool break. Then MK for night activities.

Love the hopper!

:cool2:

I'm sorry if this has been covered, but the thread is huge! Is TP good about getting room requests? I am really hoping for a full balcony at BC.

I'm sorry if this has been covered, but the thread is huge! Is TP good about getting room requests? I am really hoping for a full balcony at BC.

You can try putting "Touring Plans" in the Search box at the top of the thread to see some of the discussions. If I recall correctly, many have had success with their requests but others have found that the room descriptions listed in TP are not always accurate.

My usual advice would be to make sure you add "Full balcony, please" to your room reservation with Disney's Central Reservations Office.

When you arrive at the resort, if you find that your assigned room does not have a full balcony, before getting settled in the room talk to the front desk to see if there is another room available that does.

You can add a request for a full balcony when you do online check in on your MDE account. Approximately 50% of the rooms at the BC have full balconies and we have pretty much a 50% success rate of getting one. ;)

You can try putting "Touring Plans" in the Search box at the top of the thread to see some of the discussions. If I recall correctly, many have had success with their requests but others have found that the room descriptions listed in TP are not always accurate.

My usual advice would be to make sure you add "Full balcony, please" to your room reservation with Disney's Central Reservations Office.

When you arrive at the resort, if you find that your assigned room does not have a full balcony, before getting settled in the room talk to the front desk to see if there is another room available that does.

Thanks! We booked garden view and my fingers are crossed!

No, a standard view is not the same as a garden view. The standard view can be over the large, flat roof. The garden view will overlook something green, such as gardens, trees, grass, etc.

What Wood Nymph said. The view really didn't bother me that much. I knew what I'd get booking that category & it was already a splurge booking CL. If I had a trip where I wasn't doing parks I'd book garden view to look at something nicer but I really was only in the room late afternoon/early evening. That view I posted of the pool really was the view if you looked out at an angle. You could turn your chair & see at least the trees near the pool but like I said I really didn't use the balcony that much. I might have enjoyed it more in the evening with a glass of wine if it wasn't for the noise from the pool. At that time of day after spending time in the parks I'm ready for a little quiet.

What Wood Nymph said. The view really didn't bother me that much. I knew what I'd get booking that category & it was already a splurge booking CL. If I had a trip where I wasn't doing parks I'd book garden view to look at something nicer but I really was only in the room late afternoon/early evening. That view I posted of the pool really was the view if you looked out at an angle. You could turn your chair & see at least the trees near the pool but like I said I really didn't use the balcony that much. I might have enjoyed it more in the evening with a glass of wine if it wasn't for the noise from the pool. At that time of day after spending time in the parks I'm ready for a little quiet.

True! I never look out my window or spend any real time on the balcony either. Ive had a couple stays looking at a parking lot and it didnt bother me at all...but a dirty roof top? They really need to bring a power washer out there! It just bothers me! Ive been reading some reviews of YC (I think trip advisor) that mousekeeping hasnt been great lately and not making up the rooms until late in the day, not cleaning thoroughly etc... I just laugh. I can not leave my room in the morning without the beds being made and everything organized. Im a clean freak (which is a big reason I love Disney so much!). The only reason I know mousekeeping has been in my room is if I check the trashcans. If I were in one of those rooms pictures, I would feel the urge non stop to hop over the balcony railing and start scrubbing the rooftop!

I was on SW website at 6:00 and dates had not been released. I kept refreshing and still at 6:15, no dates. I checked back at 6:30 and they had posted. The flights I selected were $156 and $135, which I thought was great. However, I was buying 4 tickets and by the time I typed in all the info and double checked it, when I clicked to complete the transaction, I got an alert that said the rates on flights selected had changed! I've only flown SW twice before and never had this happen in the middle of a transaction. I thought if you were able to select flights, that's what the price would stay until the transaction was completed. So I went back and was able to choose the same non-stop flights and they had jumped to 195 each way! Instead of paying $1165 for all 4 flights, I ended up paying $1560. I was not a happy camper, but I've just now looked and those same flights are now $220 each way! I searched for 1 and 2 persons instead of 4, and prices were the same. There were only 3 non-stop flights, so I guess I'm just lucky I was able to get the non-stop flight I wanted. I will keep checking to see if the price comes down later on.
I had the exact same thing happen to me with Southwest 2 years ago. Middle of the transaction prices went up. It was odd and frustrating!

I had the exact same thing happen to me with Southwest 2 years ago. Middle of the transaction prices went up. It was odd and frustrating!
It won't help at all with those minute to minute frustrations, but a great app for tracking flight costs over time and predicting whether they will go up or down in the future is Hopper. It's been a lifesaver for a compulsive flight price checker like myself. You can set it and forget it - the app will send you a push notification if there's a deal. I have my dates plugged in there for my Aug/Sept trip and am patiently waiting!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter