Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I have another question for guests who have stayed recently or are there now-

Are they still leaving cans of insect repellant in the rooms? Are there stations available at the parks?

We had both on our October trip.

We were not bothered by mosquitos or other bugs.

Not important info, but I am just thinking of this now. How were the lovebugs at Disney this year? I don't even remember when the season for them is.

When we were there the week after labor day I noticed the love bugs everywhere, especially at Epcot. They were gone last week. Similarly in Sept we had spray in our room (poly CL) but I dont remember seeing it in our Dec room (YC CL). We noticed stations all around the parks in sept but in dec we only did the xmas party so I can't really speak to it. But both trips I had zero bites and saw no mosquitos, and didnt use the repellent.

This is just the Plumber in me talking but, if they are going to do a stand up shower in some of the units i will feel sorry for the quests who have to listen or hear them chipping out the concrete so they can put in the new piping, the drain system from a tun to shower is a little it different , uless the leave the drain where the current one is.

I am NOT a plumber (nor do I play one on TV....:rolleyes1) but, I noticed in the picture that there is a step-up into the shower. Could this be a work-around for the drain you were mentioning? Keeping the same drain and just routing a pipe between new and original?

I understand this could well be a concept room and only some of the pictured decor could make it through testing to actual room refurb but this room has similar elements to the new room pics at CSR. The wood style tile? plank flooring (which is in use in the entryway at GF), enclosed closets, walk-in style shower, keurig coffee makers, upgraded room/bed lighting. It would make sense as both of the resorts are convention hubs and are considered more "adult" in style and theming. My bigger concern is there was no daybed in that test room.:sad1:

I am NOT a plumber (nor do I play one on TV....:rolleyes1) but, I noticed in the picture that there is a step-up into the shower. Could this be a work-around for the drain you were mentioning? Keeping the same drain and just routing a pipe between new and original?

I understand this could well be a concept room and only some of the pictured decor could make it through testing to actual room refurb but this room has similar elements to the new room pics at CSR. The wood style tile? plank flooring (which is in use in the entryway at GF), enclosed closets, walk-in style shower, keurig coffee makers, upgraded room/bed lighting. It would make sense as both of the resorts are convention hubs and are considered more "adult" in style and theming. My bigger concern is there was no daybed in that test room.:sad1:

I think the issue with the daybeds at the Yacht and Beach resort is that the rooms are not all the same sizes. There are rooms that won't currently fit a daybed and unfortunately, that most likely will not change with the refurb. I hope they can find a way to add daybeds to more rooms, but I'm not sure it will be possible.

::yes::

Love the concept room. Doesn't feel very yacht like, but love none the less. We ended up picking beach club with a split stay at the poly this year, since yacht CL wasn't in the magical deal. Can't wait!

More questions for anyone just back or there now.

What are the current pool hours at Stormalong Bay?

How are the pool conditions (temperature, crowds)- I know that is a very subjective question.

TIA

:fish:

I'm not a fan of the "no carpet in the rooms" look as this just makes the rooms feel more sterile and way less warm. This design has all the ambience of a hospital room. The rooms will probably be noisier as well since the sound absorbing carpet is gone. Yeah sure, there is still the bedding and the drapes but every little bit helps.

The microwave in the room is a plus but I can't see them becoming available for every room. I love the hand held shower attachment as well as the rain shower head. As far as the absence of the tub in the room perhaps if a large/deep utility room sink was substituted for the double sinks in the bath area... You could dip and scrub the kids in that utility sink and eliminate the need for a tub entirely. The large family size of the utility tub would make those group tooth brushing sessions all the more enjoyable with synchronized spitting contests. Housekeeping would be streamlined as only 1 sink would need to be skipped during the daily cleaning. Then just think of all the money that would be saved on vacuum cleaner replacement bags because there aren't any rugs! The downside is that the "Swiffer" market will be experiencing a run so buy stock now while prices are still low!!

I wish they would mount the TV up a little higher on the wall. That dresser invariably becomes the family dumping ground and someone almost always blocks the remote receiver with a bag of junk they dragged home from the park.

Now can we talk about those bug antennae reading lights projecting off of the headboard? How am I supposed to jump up and down on the bed without crashing into those things? They don't look strong enough to hold up a soggy bathing suit in need of drip drying so what use are they, really? And who reads books in bed anymore these days? Everyone is attached to an electronic device and the last thing you need to do is shine a bright light on the screen! NOPE! The only thing the bug antennae headboard lights are good for is interrogating perpetrators. "Who heated up the Clam Chowder from the Marketplace and let it explode all over the MICROWAVE?!?? THIS is why we can't have nice things in the room! That mess is going to take 10 'Swiffers' to clean it up. Housekeeping will be here for 10 extra minutes!!!!"

Nope, there is not a highly decorated Mousekeeping tip envelope that can atone for those problems...

So let's recap:

No rugs: Enjoy that feeling as you get up in the middle of the night and stick to the unwashed floor. The dust bunnies will be outpacing the bed bugs/lovebugs/VW bugs in their accumulation in the dark recesses of the room.

Sterile decor: You have to love a hotel where you can wake up and think "Did I just have a colonoscopy???"

Cubist closet: Try cramming your suitcases on one of those shelves. Extra minus points: Even fewer places to hide when playing Hide and Go Seek.

Hand held shower attachment: Makes drenching family that sneak in to use the toilet when you are taking a shower that much easier.

Absence of Beach Club triangular bed table shelf: This loss of the "Teen cell phone confiscation shelf of shame" is a major design faux pas. We will just have to make our own out of legos purchased at Disney Springs.

Unfortunately I think the trend is away from guest comfort and more towards streamlining daily room maintenance. It's only a matter of time before Disney completely gives up and requests that guests bring their own leaf blowers to service their rooms. Expect to see the Disney room of the future of around 50 square meters with only hooks in the wall to hang an equatorial hammock, now available for purchase in Epcot! That should make having a colonoscopy every time you stay in a Disney hotel room that much easier...

~NM

I am not that impressed by the concept room photos, though the bathroom looks nice. Have any other resorts tried the carpetless floor? It does not appeal to me as a parent. I seem to spend a fair amount of time sitting on the floor. The whole look is very stark/dark. Curious if all the rooms are supposed to be finished by summer 2017? I am planning a trip, and actually would love another stay in the old rooms!

Snap- a week from now and my kids will find out we are going to the Beach club for 2 weeks next October, we managed to book flights on Thursday and I've hardly slept since then with excitement. Both kids are going to be completely surprised especially when they find out my dh booked it in June 3 days after we got back this year! It's been really hard keeping the secret

Snap- a week from now and my kids will find out we are going to the Beach club for 2 weeks next October, we managed to book flights on Thursday and I've hardly slept since then with excitement. Both kids are going to be completely surprised especially when they find out my dh booked it in June 3 days after we got back this year! It's been really hard keeping the secret

Oh, I just love this! It's almost like letting the surprise out is more of a gift for you than a gift for the kiddos!

I just wanted to say that we did enjoy eating at the BC and YC this week even though we couldnt stay there this time and I so miss Teena, especially at the holidays!

This is the first time we were seated in that side room at Cape May Buffet dinner. Our server was sweet as anything but honestly I wish there was some kind of window in the room or something. I just felt so claustrophobic.

We had the Candlelight breakfast package and it was the first time I actually found Captains Grille to be over half full for breakfast. We had a nice and quiet waiter. I think I posted before about the waiter we had last time in Oct.. I dont want to type his name here but I actually complained about him on our guest survey last time. Honestly this guy never shuts up and constantly yaks away. I prefer quiet when eating. Well he was serving the table next to us this time on friday and I got to hear how he used to be a NASA tour guide. He needs to tone down his decibel level. Just wondering if anyone else has had him did you actually enjoy his constant chit chat and chatter while you were trying to eat your meal???

It was nice seeing the trees, chocolate carousel and christmas village as usual. Gets you in the christmas spirit for sure.

Hopefully in May we might be able to stay a few days if they have an ap discount.

Last edited:

Gonna be a lot of cheer at your place as well!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:santa:

Yeah, that appears to be the work around, otherwise its a labor intense process, to chip out the drain where they lay and put in new piping, but here in IL where I am Licensed , its wouldnt be too bad, just the base of where the old tub was a would of had to been leveled back out and then the drain from the tub would screw out and could be re fitted for a shower

We had the Candlelight breakfast package and it was the first time I actually found Captains Grille to be over half full for breakfast. We had a nice and quiet waiter. I think I posted before about the waiter we had last time in Oct.. I dont want to type his name here but I actually complained about him on our guest survey last time. Honestly this guy never shuts up and constantly yaks away. I prefer quiet when eating. Well he was serving the table next to us this time on friday and I got to hear how he used to be a NASA tour guide. He needs to tone down his decibel level. Just wondering if anyone else has had him did you actually enjoy his constant chit chat and chatter while you were trying to eat your meal???

We have not had him, we have had a woman while we have been there twice for the Christmas Brunch and the woman went above and beyond. Just awesome job, last year it was a free round of Mismoas for a group, (yes we were all over 21) and she had brought out a little cake for my sister as Christmas is her birthday and we were celerbating a little early as she had to be in her role at the Contempoary later that day.

Have any other resorts tried the carpetless floor? It does not appeal to me as a parent. I seem to spend a fair amount of time sitting on the floor.

The BCV rooms don't have carpet, at least as far as it looks from the post-reno pics. Not sure if I'm going to like that or not either, but I'll let you know in a couple of weeks. Twelve days until check in...

I'm not a fan of the "no carpet in the rooms" look as this just makes the rooms feel more sterile and way less warm. <snip> That should make having a colonoscopy every time you stay in a Disney hotel room that much easier...

~NM

Ninja Mom, you're awesome. Please don't stop being you. You totally win the Internet today. That's the best room review I've read in ages...Thanks!

The BCV rooms don't have carpet, at least as far as it looks from the post-reno pics. Not sure if I'm going to like that or not either, but I'll let you know in a couple of weeks. Twelve days until check in...

The BCV studios have both. Flooring as you enter, in the kitchenette and bathroom area which then transitions to carpeting as you enter the living area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter