Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

think everyone, well maybe some of us [including me] were over on the RunDisney Marathon Weekend 2017 thread as waivers came out yesterday. We're less than three weeks away so things should calm down soon! I'll try to do a better job of multi-tasking!

Not a criticism at all- I can always bump it if I feel like it, but I prefer when it happens naturally with relevant posts or chatter.

Thanks for giving some of the reasons behind the radio silence here!

:goodvibes

Not a criticism at all- I can always bump it if I feel like it, but I prefer when it happens naturally with relevant posts or chatter.

Thanks for giving some of the reasons behind the radio silence here!

Sorry, didn't mean it to come across as criticism...I'm sarcastic by nature so it was just "tongue in cheek" commentary. Not to be confused with "foot in mouth". Time to go snow blow! :woohoo:

Sorry, didn't mean it to come across as criticism...I'm sarcastic by nature so it was just "tongue in cheek" commentary. Not to be confused with "foot in mouth". Time to go snow blow! :woohoo:

I meant my comment (that there were no posts) was not a criticism.

I love sarcasm and tongue in cheek comments!

Snow still coming down here, so no snowblowing for us yet.

:cold:

I can't believe that YC will be putting in more shower units. I'm going with, it's a just a concept room. Even though my kids have been showering since very young, bathtubs are too useful for most families and making either option an un-guaranteed request isn't smart. I love the curtains and like campaign-style furniture (the brass trim), which had a big renewal a few years ago. It's a nod to the British military while they were scooping up their colonies so it reflects what Naval captains might have had on their ships. I've always liked (real) brass and it's a very nautical material. Since pictures rarely do justice, I'll wait and see for myself - if we get to stay there and have a rehabbed room.

All of the recent work on the resort rooms have reduced the theming so the above is to be expected. I think that they're wanting hints and trying to create a feeling rather than using obvious decor elements. I've never been a theme person and like the direction. They can't please everyone. Right now, my only hope is that they get started next month!

Dee- on Thursday at 7am at my 10 months out date, I called WDW hoping, but not expecting, to modify my 2 rooms at YC. to a cash res 2 BR villa at either BC or BW. Only deluxe studio was available at BCV (anyone looking for that should call immediately!), but I was able to get a 2BR at BW! So, please remove me from your list (10/15-22) :(
However, I am just thrilled to be on Crescent Lake for F&W!! And this thread is so great, I will still be popping in from time to time. Thanks to everyone who posted when I was trying to decide between BCV and BWV. I had a feeling it wouldn't really be up to me and that availability would be the determining factor. Thanks again!

Not having a bath tub whilst on vacation would make me annoyed. Due to some long term health issues I sometimes need a good long soak in a bath to ease my aching joints enough to actually climb into one of those beds at the end of a park touring day.
It's also a bonus if I can relax in the bath with a glass of wine for a while.

I can't believe that YC will be putting in more shower units. I'm going with, it's a just a concept room. Even though my kids have been showering since very young, bathtubs are too useful for most families and making either option an un-guaranteed request isn't smart. I love the curtains and like campaign-style furniture (the brass trim), which had a big renewal a few years ago. It's a nod to the British military while they were scooping up their colonies so it reflects what Naval captains might have had on their ships. I've always liked (real) brass and it's a very nautical material. Since pictures rarely do justice, I'll wait and see for myself - if we get to stay there and have a rehabbed room.

All of the recent work on the resort rooms have reduced the theming so the above is to be expected. I think that they're wanting hints and trying to create a feeling rather than using obvious decor elements. I've never been a theme person and like the direction. They can't please everyone. Right now, my only hope is that they get started next month!
I agree. To me, it makes sense to add a stand up shower in a concept room. They probably wanted to feature their ideas for a new, fancier shower. It's easier to do that in a stand up shower configuration.
I don't think we need to worry about tub rooms going away or being fewer.

I have another question for guests who have stayed recently or are there now-

Are they still leaving cans of insect repellant in the rooms? Are there stations available at the parks?

We had both on our October trip.

We were not bothered by mosquitos or other bugs.

Not important info, but I am just thinking of this now. How were the lovebugs at Disney this year? I don't even remember when the season for them is.

Thanks!

Are they still leaving cans of insect repellant in the rooms? Are there stations available at the parks?

When we were there in November, there was no insect repellent in our room, but there were stations in the parks. One of my sons is a mosquito attractor (and he gets HUGE whelps when they bite him), but he never encountered a one (or they never encountered him) during our 10 day trip.

Not important info, but I am just thinking of this now. How were the lovebugs at Disney this year? I don't even remember when the season for them is.

Thanks!

We just returned last week from an eight night YC stay. There was repellent in the room every day. We've stayed on property at least once a year since 1995, and this was one of the best ever! The YC was great.

Thanks!

Out of three rooms I saw at the BC, one had the insect repellent on the desk; the others did not.

There were unattended repellent stands at the parks.

The one evening that I did not wear socks, the mosquitoes feasted on the top of my feet, not covered by my shoes. I am still suffering from those darned itchy bites, almost a week later! >:( It is, however, my own fault...there was a reason why the spray was there!

Last edited:
There was Cutter Insect Repellant on the desk at the Yacht Club a week ago but surprisingly enough, there was none at Pop Century a week before :rolleyes1

I agree. To me, it makes sense to add a stand up shower in a concept room. They probably wanted to feature their ideas for a new, fancier shower. It's easier to do that in a stand up shower configuration.
I don't think we need to worry about tub rooms going away or being fewer.

This is just the Plumber in me talking but, if they are going to do a stand up shower in some of the units i will feel sorry for the quests who have to listen or hear them chipping out the concrete so they can put in the new piping, the drain system from a tun to shower is a little it different , uless the leave the drain where the current one is.

I have another question for guests who have stayed recently or are there now.....Not important info, but I am just thinking of this now. How were the lovebugs at Disney this year? I don't even remember when the season for them is.
There are 2 love bug mating seasons in Florida: May and Sept with a typical length of 4-5 weeks.

2016 was a light year based on the car windshield test we had on both of our trips this year: May and Sept.

Dave

What is the name of the greeter in the lobby of Beach Club? He was about 60ish gentleman. Does anyone have a picture. I totally dropped the ball....he was amazing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter