• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Electricity was off yesterday from 11 - 2 and we had a message that it will be off today 11:30 - 2:30. The Marketplace will be closed. I don't know why. I'all see if I can find out.

Thanks for the info.

Hope it has not been too disruptive for you.

:headache:

Good morning everyone! Checking into the BC Friday morning! Just wondering what the current situation is with the bus stops at both YC & BC - back to normal or still a temporary location?

We just received an updated message. Today's power outage will not affect guest rooms but the Marketplace will be closed. Quick Service is available at Hurricane Hannah's.
The outage did affect guest rooms, the lobby and marketplace. We didn't have power today from 1130-1pm (quiet pools were closed) as we were wrapping up our 6 day stay...

According to management the planned outages today and yesterday were a requirement from the Fire Dept following the unplanned outage the other evening for several hours that left a lot of things at the resort inoperable until 8-9am - I'm guessing the backup systems didn't quite do the trick for life safety during the overnight outage and the FD wanted to check things out.

Well we are back from our 2 nights at the Yacht Club. I did the online check in and requested upper floor, near elevator. We booked a standard view room.

Isabel checked us in and she was great. Of course our room was not ready. We brought all our luggage over ourselves from the Swan. Since dh computer belongs to the gov. he has to watch them lock it up. He likes that there is a separate locked cage in the luggage room.

Later when we got our room, which number I have to look up. We were so surprised and happy that we had such a great view and upgrade. I dont know if its classified as a garden or water view. But we looked right over the water at crescent lake and right to our right below was the wedding chapel area and the english looking garden. So, so beautiful. Our room did have a connecting door. Those things always freak me out.

We got to swim in storm along bay twice but it was late at night. One time dh and I were the only ones in our pool area.

We ate at Cape May. I liked the turkey and wild rice soup that they had. They were having a wedding reception next door at Ariels I think and we were hearing a live singer who seemed pretty good. . Good as always. I sent ds with my ap and photo id to get some breakfast at the marketplace. They let him have it even though its against the rules. I just cant see myself lugging the wheelchair there that early in the morning.

All the bus drivers were always nice and offered the ramp if I need it.

On our check out day we saw them setting up for another wedding at the chapel for 30 people,

We let them transfer our luggage back to the Swan but left the computer locked up at the Beach Club till later since the swan doesnt really have a dedicated locked area, just the large locked room.

Someone was asking the lifeguard how warm the water temp was. Shw said it was 83 degrees I think and she has to check it every 30 min??

We got a room with no picture of captain creepy on the wall, yay!! Ds was complaining that there was no clock in the room too. Dh didnt like the rocks all around the beach area. The new reality. We saw a bunny dart in front of us when we were walking.

It was nice to stay there for the 2 days but we could only afford it with the ap discount.

The weather during our trip was AWESOME!!! Warm, but not face-of-the-sun hot like our typical summer trips.

It poured on our arrival day, but only while we were inside. It started sprinkling while we were in the queue for Haunted Mansion and then had stopped by the time our ride was over.

:goodvibes

Here you go!

Check out our photobomber.

View attachment 203210

:love:

Such a nice picture!

Are the magical deals usually only during off times or has anyone ever gotten one for a peak time? I'm hoping we can go back spring 2018. March or April would be ideal but I really really want to stay at BC. Has anyone gotten any kind of 30% off or more during the wider spring break season in the past year or two? It seems like people are always saying there were no general public rooms/discounts available during those times at BC.

I would be willing to move what month if it means a room I can afford at BC. We rented points at the Poly last time, and it was great (availability at 6 months which seems unheard of at bcv), but it definitely made me nervous to have a reservation I couldn't cancel in case of a random work conflict etc. I'd do it if it was our only chance for BC in early spring though.

Are the magical deals usually only during off times or has anyone ever gotten one for a peak time? I'm hoping we can go back spring 2018. March or April would be ideal but I really really want to stay at BC. Has anyone gotten any kind of 30% off or more during the wider spring break season in the past year or two? It seems like people are always saying there were no general public rooms/discounts available during those times at BC.

I would be willing to move what month if it means a room I can afford at BC. We rented points at the Poly last time, and it was great (availability at 6 months which seems unheard of at bcv), but it definitely made me nervous to have a reservation I couldn't cancel in case of a random work conflict etc. I'd do it if it was our only chance for BC in early spring though.

We are going March 8-13th and then June 20-29th with the deal :) We are staying June 14-20th at the Poly because we couldn't get the deal for the Beach Club at that time.

page 712

Busy page!

Just got $200 off the two-day room only reservation at YC for late January using the Disney special rate I saw on their website this morning. That will pay for a couple of meals.
Kate's dad

:woohoo:

Are all the balconies at BC Villas full-sized balconies or do we run the risk of getting the smaller balconies even with a villa?

:welcome: to the thread.

Sammie answered your question- yes, all are full balconies. Some of the balconies are larger than others, though.

Let us know if you book a trip to the resort.

:thumbsup2

Got a great rate thru work at YC Sept 16-23. Perfect area to be if F&W starts around the same time next year. I've stayed at BC but never YC. I can't wait to swim in Stormalong Bay again!

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1.

:cool1:

We are heading back to YC in May!!!! May 10th-15th to be exact. :banana:

Yes, we just got back, but you know, it's the YC! We just can't stay away!

:welcome: back!!!

I'll add you to the list.

We're coming back for one night to visit the Food and Wine booths we missed last month because of the heat. We're staying garden view on Sunday, Nov. 13th with an AP rate.

:welcome: back!

:cool2:
WooHoo Just booked our Girls Trip For BC May 25th- June 4th. Doing my Disney Happy Dance!:dancer:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:cheer2:

Glad you're having fun Dee!! My sister & her family are there now too & she thinks it's pretty crowded. They're still having a great time tho.

So I was on the Southwest website late Monday night & found an incredible deal for December - $109 to MCO & $60 back to Buffalo!! Those rates have been unheard of for years around here........ And we have those annual passes just sitting there waiting to be used again....... Plus there was a nice discount on a garden view room.......And I wanted to book a bounceback rate for our trip in May........ Sooooo.......we will be back at YC Dec 11 - 15!!! :cool1: Totally unplanned, spontaneous trip (for us anyway, we usually plan at least 8 or 9 months in advance)! Only 52 days away! Now I have to plan dining & fastpasses.

Yes, my DH totally indulges me, I'm really a lucky gal!! :goodvibes

WOW!!!

:santa:

Page 713- another page with lots of new or changed trips.

Good thing I am here- we almost slipped to Page 2 today!

:sad2:

Used the Spring AP rates to upgrade to a 1 BR suite with club level access at BC for our 2017 Princess Half trip!

First time doing Club level!

Cool!!!

I'll update the list.

:woohoo:

Please update us from BCV to BC 02/03 to 2/10

Our first split stay... we'll be starting our trip at the Poly 01/29 -02/03 . First time staying there . We are 98 days!!!!!!

Will do!

:thumbsup2

Good News Everybody, We shall be checking in on the 8th of Nov for a few nights, at the YC CL, we were going to do coronado springs buniness level but we were able to find the Yacht Club discounted

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:cool2:

Long time lurker but first time actually posting here. DH, DD and I will be checking in to the Beach Club next Friday, Oct. 28th until Monday, Oct. 31st. This will be our 3rd Beach Club visit and we absolutely love it there! And we're super excited for our first Food & Wine Festival as well as seeing Hanson for Eat to the Beat!!!!

Thanks for coming out of the shadows.

Have a fantastic trip. STARTING TOMORROW!!!!

party:

My boyfriend and I will be checking into the YC on January 21 until January 23rd! We added a few nights onto our trip (staying at Poly for the first 5 nights) and decided to use the opportunity to stay at an Epcot area resort for the first time! We love walking around the BC/YC and the Boardwalk after our Yachtsman dinners and cannot wait to spend the last 2 nights of our trip there :goodvibes

:welcome: to the thread!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

Please let us know if you have any questions about the resort.

Thanks for posting this.

::yes::

\

Have I missed something? I thought BC is done. Now what?

This could be for anything from just some new paint in the hallway to new countertops in the lobby. This is not for room refurbishments.

Not sure exactly, but there are a couple of things in the works including construction of a poolside shower room and expansion of Ale & Compass to include a quick service counter, I believe.

Last edited:
We have rented points and are staying at BCV January 9th - January 15th. We will be traveling with a 6 year old and a 10 month old (wish us luck :) ). We have a one bedroom villa. We do not arrive at MCO until 9:30 at night. I am hoping to ship from amazon prime diapers, baby food and that type of thing. I know that BCV receives packages a bit differently than other places. Anyone have any advice on the best way to do this? This is stuff we will need the first full day we are there. Also looking for advice on garden grocer. Thanks very much.

We have rented points and are staying at BCV January 9th - January 15th. We will be traveling with a 6 year old and a 10 month old (wish us luck :) ). We have a one bedroom villa. We do not arrive at MCO until 9:30 at night. I am hoping to ship from amazon prime diapers, baby food and that type of thing. I know that BCV receives packages a bit differently than other places. Anyone have any advice on the best way to do this? This is stuff we will need the first full day we are there. Also looking for advice on garden grocer. Thanks very much.

There is some information on the different options for receiving groceries and other items at the resort in either Post 13 or 14 (I can never remember which)- search this thread for Garden Grocer or Amazon Prime/Pantry/Now

Please note that any packages that are SHIPPED to the resort by any service other than USPS like FedEx or UPS, will be delivered to the Convention Center at the Yacht Club. You will have to pick up the package yourself and it will be subject to a weight-based delivery fee. Hours at the mail office are limited as well, especially on the weekend.

Amazon Now is a fairly new service that offers in person delivery of things you order. This type of service, like Garden Grocer, delivers to Bell Services, I believe.

There is some information on the different options for receiving groceries and other items at the resort in either Post 13 or 14 (I can never remember which)- search this thread for Garden Grocer or Amazon Prime/Pantry/Now

Please note that any packages that are SHIPPED to the resort by any service other than USPS like FedEx or UPS, will be delivered to the Convention Center at the Yacht Club. You will have to pick up the package yourself and it will be subject to a weight-based delivery fee. Hours at the mail office are limited as well, especially on the weekend.

Amazon Now is a fairly new service that offers in person delivery of things you order. This type of service, like Garden Grocer, delivers to Bell Services, I believe.

Thank you. It looks like Amazon Now might be the way to go for this.

We did Garden Grocer for the first time for this past trip (Beer, Water, Snacks, Etc) and it was a great option. YC/BC only accepts deliveries from this kind of service between 4:30-5:30pm so you are only allowed to pick their evening delivery option but that worked out just fine for us. Bell Services will hold (putting cold stuff in a fridge/freezer) until you call to have it delivered - if you have alcohol you must be in your room to accept the delivery otherwise they'll deliver it all just like your luggage.

Is there anyone who has stayed in both the post-reno BC and the post-reno BCV? I'm reading a lot of reviews that say the new BCV mattresses are not great, but we loved the new BC mattresses when we stayed there just after the renos were finished. Anyone slept on both? Are they the same mattresses or different ones? Are the new BCV ones really that uncomfortable?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter