Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Note: This is not my picture, borrowed it from a FB group I'm in. She used command hooks to hang this curtain outside the sink area. This was in a YC room, but assuming the BC area looks the same (we've only stayed at YC!)
View attachment 182535

That is exactly what i was thinking, but i wasnt sure about the size of that opening, and if there was wallpaper involved.. Thats all i need is to rip the nice new wallpaper when trying to get the hooks off the wall!! ;) Thanks for the Picture!

We checked out of Yacht Club this afternoon. Asked for and got a late 1pm check out. Later that 1 pm we were told a fee equal to half the rack rate would be charged and checkout would be extended until 4 pm. :scared1:

As we checked out, we received our first Happy Anniversary from the CM. No buttons on check in or any kind of acknowledgment we were celebrating.

All the CMs were very friendly. A special shout out to Robin at Ale and Compass. Have a great day off today and we will miss you!!!!

We had booked a standard room and indeed had the rooftop view at the very back end of the resort. The walk reminded me of the hike in Kidani over at Animal Kingdom but since we are ticking off snacks, it kept the steps/calories up to offset the great food.

We loved the pool and the location by Epcot. If Boardwalk Inn were not available I would choose Yacht Club over Beach Club simply due to the noise factor. Beach Club is WAY more rowdy. We were told they were between conventions and it was slower and quieter. The chance of conventions is the deciding factor in putting Boardwalk first.

Overall an enjoyable stay!

Relaxing at AKL for the rest of the week!

Happy Monday.

Liz

We will be staying at the Yacht Club in September. What are the toiletries (soap, lotion, shampoo, etc) we will find in our room (Garden or Woods view)? Are they generic or brand name? Do they replace used up items daily? Just curious to know and also we don't want to bring more health/beauty products then necessary.

We will be staying at the Yacht Club in September. What are the toiletries (soap, lotion, shampoo, etc) we will find in our room (Garden or Woods view)? Are they generic or brand name? Do they replace used up items daily? Just curious to know and also we don't want to bring more health/beauty products then necessary.

We had a standard view and had H2O Grapefruit scented toiletries. They were replaced daily. DH used both shampoo and conditioner and like the scent.

I'm not sure if it varies by room type or not. Hope this helps!

Liz

I don't know if you are flying in or driving, but maybe you could bring a spring tension rod, and hang a lightweight fabric/curtain on that. Although, now that I've said that, I think the opening in front of the sink area is too wide (there are tension rods in wide widths). You can also bring a tri-fold screen (depending on your method of travel).

Other than that, I'm not sure what you could do.
Or use a net curtain wire and a couple of command suction hooks or campers washing line and some fabric just an idea. I really wish these rooms had something to give a little privacy..

For the folks there now, have they started to put in rocks near the new fencing along the beach?
That's been happening at Poly and GF

For the folks there now, have they started to put in rocks near the new fencing along the beach?
That's been happening at Poly and GF

We just checked out of Yacht Club and there is a rope mesh type fencing all along the edge of the water. I didn't see any sign of construction. No special precautions were mentioned at Yacht Club although we got a stern lecture about native wildlife when we checked into Animal Kingdom Lodge.

Hope this helps!

Liz

Hello All,

I will be staying at Beach Club, with 2 couples sharing a room.. With the photos of the rooms, it seems that the sink area to the restrooms, is open?
Is there any way to make the sink area more private? Do they have some sort of curtain you could close to make it more private, so that a few people could be getting ready or changing while someone else is in the restroom?
Has anyone ever brought something of their own to make a privacy screen?

Thanks!
You might want to consider the temporary paper pleated shades that come with a peel off strip at the top, which exposes an adhesive band going across the top fold. They can be easily attached to the ceiling, covering the opening. Though you will have to use a few of them to block off the space, they weigh virtually nothing, collapse into a very trim size, and are not expensive. The adhesive strip will not damage any painted surface. They can be placed side by side or even overlap, if you are extremely concerned about privacy. When you no longer need to block off the area, just take them down and place them in the closet, till next time.

I have used these as temporary shades at windows and they are great. They are available at places like Home Depot or can be ordered directly from the manufacturer.
http://www.redishadeoutlet.com/store/rs_light_filtering_original.html

Last edited:
All the CMs were very friendly. A special shout out to Robin at Ale and Compass. Have a great day off today and we will miss you!!!!

Glad you had a great stay at our favorite resort! Robin at Ale and Compass is awesome. We have a great "drinking" story involving her that we tell at parties. Diane is a favorite of ours too. Did you by any chance see her?

Is there anyway to see the convention schedule for upcoming events?

I'd be interested to know this too. I recently plugged in a room request on the main WDW site for our days at YC, and saw there was NO availability at all, whereas BC and BWI for the same dates had availability in almost all room categories.

Glad you had a great stay at our favorite resort! Robin at Ale and Compass is awesome. We have a great "drinking" story involving her that we tell at parties. Diane is a favorite of ours too. Did you by any chance see her?

We did meet her! She was a hoot and shared some great stories. I think Ale and Compass is my favorite WDW lounge. I like small and not having to yell to be heard!

We both really enjoyed the stay but I'd be nervous if there was a convention going on.

Liz

We did meet her! She was a hoot and shared some great stories. I think Ale and Compass is my favorite WDW lounge. I like small and not having to yell to be heard!

We both really enjoyed the stay but I'd be nervous if there was a convention going on.

Liz

We like that Diane is quiet, and just really pleasant to talk to. I'm glad she's still there. We will look forward to seeing her next month!

We like that Diane is quiet, and just really pleasant to talk to. I'm glad she's still there. We will look forward to seeing her next month!

This might not be the same person then. She is normally in Crews Cup but filled in while Robin was on break. Quiet is not how I'd describe her! She was great to talk to though.

Liz

Diane is still there. She had moved over to Disney springs to work in the Hangar bar but decided she preferred ale and compass so returned there :). We have gotten to know her over the years. Lovely lady :)

Years ago, before we bought DVC, I told DW we were staying at POR but to keep it a secret from DSS (her disabled son that lives with us who is now 34 going on 7. lol). Then, I just drove us up to the Beach Club, "surprise". Basically, I had her keep a fake secret just to spring the real surprise on them both. It worked pretty well. I have no problem keeping things a secret or waiting. I guess I just know it's coming eventually and worry about other stuff instead. :)
have you looked into a tension rod and shower curtain?

I wish I knew what her schedule was. We've spend many a happy, quiet evening chatting.
Us too. She was off Monday and Tuesday of our last week but I don't think she has same days off each week. I love chatting with her. She always strikes the right balance between being chatty and giving you space to enjoy family time :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter