Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Hello All,

I will be staying at Beach Club, with 2 couples sharing a room.. With the photos of the rooms, it seems that the sink area to the restrooms, is open?
Is there any way to make the sink area more private? Do they have some sort of curtain you could close to make it more private, so that a few people could be getting ready or changing while someone else is in the restroom?
Has anyone ever brought something of their own to make a privacy screen?

Thanks!

Hello All,

I will be staying at Beach Club, with 2 couples sharing a room.. With the photos of the rooms, it seems that the sink area to the restrooms, is open?
Is there any way to make the sink area more private? Do they have some sort of curtain you could close to make it more private, so that a few people could be getting ready or changing while someone else is in the restroom?

Thanks!

No to both. There is no privacy curtain in the Beach Club rooms. These are available in Mods and Values if it is important to you

We are renting points to stay at BC in a 2 BR villa in April. Our plan is to get the earliest flight possible to MCO so that we will have basically a whole other day to enjoy at the world. Is DVC rental at the villas the same as a regular stay such as that you can check in and leave your bags with bell services and go enjoy the parks if your room is not ready?

We are renting points to stay at BC in a 2 BR villa in April. Our plan is to get the earliest flight possible to MCO so that we will have basically a whole other day to enjoy at the world. Is DVC rental at the villas the same as a regular stay such as that you can check in and leave your bags with bell services and go enjoy the parks if your room is not ready?

Yes!

Yes to leaving your luggage with Bell Services in the main Beach Club Lobby. You can leave it as early as you arrive.
The difference is that check in (when you are supposed to expect a room to be ready) at the Beach Club is 3 PM and check in at the Villas is 4 PM. In our experience, the Villas are seldom ready earlier than that. BCV runs over 95% occupancy, and the Villas take longer to clean than a single room.

Hello All,

Thanks!

When we were at the BC the 2 sinks were separate to the toilet and bath, which were in the same room, with a door. Not sure if they have changed this with the renovations that when on.

When we were at the BC the 2 sinks were separate to the toilet and bath, which were in the same room, with a door. Not sure if they have changed this with the renovations that when on.

I think this is exactly what the poster was stating. The toilet/shower (restroom) are together behind a door, and the 2 sink vanity is outside that door but open to the room without any way to close the vanity area off to the room for privacy to get dressed.

Yes to leaving your luggage with Bell Services in the main Beach Club Lobby. You can leave it as early as you arrive.
The difference is that check in (when you are supposed to expect a room to be ready) at the Beach Club is 3 PM and check in at the Villas is 4 PM. In our experience, the Villas are seldom ready earlier than that. BCV runs over 95% occupancy, and the Villas take longer to clean than a single room.

That's great news about the luggage. We are going during part of the spring break season - first week of April, but missing the 2 week Easter madness, thank goodness - so I know it will be a busy time and later check in is to be expected, but I'm glad we can leave our bags with them and head out to the parks. Thank you!

A couple of other questions:
We will be utilizing ME - do they take your luggage to bell services when you arrive at the resort or do we get it off of the bus and take it with us to check in?
When our room is ready, will they send us a room ready text or will we just need to keep checking back?
When the room is ready and we head back to the resort, do we go back to the check in desk to retrieve our luggage or do they bring it to the room?
And I saw the main Beach Club lobby part...is that where you check in regardless of whether you are staying in the main resort or in the villas? Or is that just where bell services holds all luggage?

I'm sorry for the many questions, this is our first stay onsite and I am a little overwhelmed in trying to figure it all out.

That's great news about the luggage. We are going during part of the spring break season - first week of April, but missing the 2 week Easter madness, thank goodness - so I know it will be a busy time and later check in is to be expected, but I'm glad we can leave our bags with them and head out to the parks. Thank you!

A couple of other questions:
1. We will be utilizing ME - do they take your luggage to bell services when you arrive at the resort or do we get it off of the bus and take it with us to check in?
2. When our room is ready, will they send us a room ready text or will we just need to keep checking back?
3. When the room is ready and we head back to the resort, do we go back to the check in desk to retrieve our luggage or do they bring it to the room?
4. And I saw the main Beach Club lobby part...is that where you check in regardless of whether you are staying in the main resort or in the villas? Or is that just where bell services holds all luggage?

I'm sorry for the many questions, this is our first stay onsite and I am a little overwhelmed in trying to figure it all out.

1. If you apply the yellow DME luggage tags to your luggage before leaving home, they will be picked up at MCO and put on a truck to the BC. They will automatically be delivered to your Villa about 3 hours after you check in. (not land). If you have Carry on bags, those will go under the DME bus you are on. You need to collect it and take it to Bell Services for storage.
2. They will send you a room ready text when your room becomes available
3. You can go straight to your room once you receive the text. If you have stored carry on luggage with Bell Services you have two choices. You can go to the Bell Services stand in the lobby and retrieve it yourself or once you are in your Villa you can call down and they will deliver it to your Villa. In either case we tip approximately $1 - $2 per bag handled.
4. I always check in in the Main Lobby. But last October they did have a CM in the Villa building lobby from 8 AM to 4 PM.
Enjoy

Hello All,

Thanks!

I just warned the boys/ men in my family when I needed some privacy at the sinks to stay out of the road. If the others are either in the beds/balcony they won't be able to see you so as long as you tell them to stay down that end of room you should be fine. Don't think there's anything else you can do really :)

So I stated planning thinking we would stay pop for 3 nights. The back to school deal came out. Thought POR. Darn unavailable for the deal. So is pop. Wait what? The yatch club is only how much? OK let's put the deposit there.

So in one phone call I went from POP to Yacht.

Oh boy am I excited!

So I stated planning thinking we would stay pop for 3 nights. The back to school deal came out. Thought POR. Darn unavailable for the deal. So is pop. Wait what? The yatch club is only how much? OK let's put the deposit there.

So in one phone call I went from POP to Yacht.

Oh boy am I excited!
It's that darn Disney math. It will get you every time :). Congrats! Hope you enjoy.

Hello All,

Thanks!
I don't know if you are flying in or driving, but maybe you could bring a spring tension rod, and hang a lightweight fabric/curtain on that. Although, now that I've said that, I think the opening in front of the sink area is too wide (there are tension rods in wide widths). You can also bring a tri-fold screen (depending on your method of travel).

Other than that, I'm not sure what you could do.

Hello All,

Thanks!
Note: This is not my picture, borrowed it from a FB group I'm in. She used command hooks to hang this curtain outside the sink area. This was in a YC room, but assuming the BC area looks the same (we've only stayed at YC!)
image.jpeg

Do they sell almond milk in the Marketplace? Don't like soy milk. Is the only coffee creamer liquid Ie no powdered stuff? Just thinking I might bring my own but I can't transport almond milk from the UK lol!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter