Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Ok. I know my daughter would want a full balcony, but she just doesn't realize what her view could be with a standard room.:rolleyes:

Great maps. Thanks Natebenma! Ya, looks like if I were to get a first floor room, it would only be through a courtesy upgrade. And am I correct in saying that the normal size balconies are only on the 2nd and 4th floor?

No, I don't think so. I believe there are some on the 3rd floor as well. Maybe not as many as on the other floors, but there are both Juliet and regular (full size) balconies on all floors of the Beach Club. First floor has patios.

:goodvibes

Got it! Got it! Just waiting on confirmation # but our DVC rental through David's is a go! Helps to take away the sting of the awful prices for our flights. Feb break will be in Disney!

Congrats! It's a bit early to book February flights though :) Keep checking in the fall!

Congrats! It's a bit early to book February flights though :) Keep checking in the fall!

Unfortunately, not out of Upstate NY during President's vacation week. EVERYONE flees the frozen tundra. I *might* be able to save a bit, but for the prime flights, they stay high.

Unfortunately, not out of Upstate NY during President's vacation week. EVERYONE flees the frozen tundra. I *might* be able to save a bit, but for the prime flights, they stay high.

Oh. Well, hopefully you can get southwest and rebook if it goes down :) Good luck!

Recent Club Level guests, at both BC and YC- so, is the welcome cocktail still offered or is it gone?

:drinking1

For anyone who has gone to the BC in Aug/Sept with the magical deal. The rooms are standard. Do you think they give you the worst views/locations because of the great deal the rooms are? Wonder if you get a better location when you book with Disney directly?

Recent Club Level guests, at both BC and YC- so, is the welcome cocktail still offered or is it gone?

I am wondering this too. I think with the online check-in that you miss a lot. I love the check-in process - its part of the excitement of getting there. I love chatting with the CMs. I am not going to do online check-in. Do most of you guys do online check-in?

For anyone who has gone to the BC in Aug/Sept with the magical deal. The rooms are standard. Do you think they give you the worst views/locations because of the great deal the rooms are? Wonder if you get a better location when you book with Disney directly?
The standard rooms are the cheapest, so at the Beach Club, your chances of a awful room view is high. But that is the trade off. But at the Yacht Club, the standard room views seem to be much better. I am POSSIBLY planning a trip in early February. We wanted a deluxe. Animal Kingdom Lodge was and still is our first choice, but with the deal I got at the Beach Club, I doubt Disney will release a deeper discount, so I went ahead with that resort.

I do on-line check in, and have always checked-in. Even changing the room they already had assigned to me at POR and at POFQ. No big deal.

Our first room on that exact August deal but at the YC actually looked right down the Friendship Boat dock with a full view of the Boardwalk across the water on the third floor :)

I've also read here on the thread of others experiencing similar pixie dust with the same travel bookings. I seem to remember one person actually being put into one of the best suites in the YC when being booked on the standard room/deal.

It always hinges on the needs of the hotel in any particular moment. If the deal has resulted in a lot of rooms booked or a convention being in house, the category may very well be oversold & someone will be moved, upgraded or accommodated - it could just as easily be You as anyone else arriving for their trip. ;)

It's how ROH works... (Run of House)

Last edited:
Thanks everyone, I am glad the rooms at the BC are recently renovated, so if we get a not so great view, we will deal with it. We are going to be there for 10 nights, so it would be nice to get a good view but we got a great deal on our room, so I will not complain either way.

We were told it's been gone for several months at Yacht. They offer beverages (wine/beer/soft drinks) instead.

Confirmed with resort manager in a chat we had in the lobby...

I am wondering this too. I think with the online check-in that you miss a lot. I love the check-in process - its part of the excitement of getting there. I love chatting with the CMs. I am not going to do online check-in. Do most of you guys do online check-in?
Hi, we did both in the past. We almost always ended chatting with the CM (we had to pickup room cards before and now the magic bands because we are not from the USA) and enjoying it. We are not doing on-line check-in this time.

Excited about our Disney trip and our stay at Disney's Beach Club Resort!! This will be our first time at the Beach club. Any suggestions or tips? It will be my family of 7, including 2 teen DD, 2 elementary DD, and our Kindergarten DS...

We paid off our Yacht Club vacation for Jan. 2 thru Jan. 9, 2017 trip today. This will be our 3rd trip in about 6 months to WDW. Thank goodness for AP's. :) Also, thank you to all of those that have contributed to this thread. It has been very informational/helpful for us 1st timers at YC/BC. We may never go back to our "home" resort after this. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter