Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I'm staying at beach club for marathon weekend in January. Very excited!!!! We have stayed in a DVC studio at BCV but never a standard room. They look lovely!

Got it!

I'll update the list.

:cool1:

I'm very excited to be staying at BCV for the first time in Oct. Two of the kiddos and I will first be at the Swan for 2 nights (DH, MIL, and the 2 older kids will be at universal's cabana bay) before we all get back together in a 2 BR villa on Oct 21. Staying until the 30th. Our longest WDW trip yet and first time to take MIL. We are also meeting up with my sister/BIL/their kids, who will be staying at the Swan, for 5 nights.

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

Sounds like a fantastic trip!

:woohoo:

Wow! I did not know this! For years I have been upset that DVC at the BC (our favorite resort) did not accommodate 5 in a 1 BR or studio. I might have to re-think the idea of DVC now.
Also can we be added to the list? Our dates are BC 8/15-8/23. So excited !!!

Sure thing!

Ill add you with my next update.

:cool2:

Well it's official! WE'RE COMING HOME! We just booked our next Disney Adventure, getting a 2BR villa at our home resort, BCV! We'll be there from 5/22/17 to 5/27/17. Total case of wanting more points, but it's not in the cards for the immediate future. It'll be our first trip as parents, as we are expecting our Disney Princess to be joining our family at the end of this summer. This is also the first year that my wife and I have not gone to Disney since we started dating, but the birth of our daughter IS about the only thing that would prevent us from hopping on a plane right now (My wife is banned from travelling now....believe me, I thought about a solo trip, but I do want to live and my wife would literally shoot me if I did!) Totally excited! A couple of questions for this wonderful group of people...

1. Joining us on this trip will be my wife's family, including her Mom and Dad, her brother and his family (wife and two kids, ages 5 and 9 mos.), and her sister and husband. More may join, who knows? I would like to keep our group together as much as possible, but obviously I can't fit everyone in our villa. I thought about renting points from David's,but just how flexible can they be? As a DVC member myself, I know how difficult it can be to change dates and other things around, but I know the ramifications using my own points. What worries me is the cash layout for my wife's family, especially in light of the fact that we still aren't sure of the size of our party with the exception of ourselves. Should we just reserve rooms in the main hotel knowing we can adjust to the variables? Thoughts??

2. As is our usual custom, my wife and I always like to stay at a different resort before our DVC stay to just unwind and truly relax before the madness of going to the parks daily sets in. These days are usually spent playing golf (me), hitting the spa (my wife), lounging by the pool and heading to Disney Springs for a nice meal and some shopping. Now with a 9 month old in tow, we may have to adjust things somewhat, but we still would like to essentially relax on that weekend before. If you look below you'll see where we've stayed in previous years, but I'm open to suggestions. I'm leaning to our old reliable, Port Orleans Riverside, due to costs savings plus boat access to Disney Springs (We used to stay out late night staying here, but that's not happening in the immediate future!), but we are looking to knock off another hotel off our Disney list of stays and thinking about the Yacht Club. We've never stayed since we own at BCV, but would it be enough of a difference from the Beach Club that we would experience another different adventure staying there?

3. Last, but certainly not least, as new parents we are beyond excited to begin sharing our love of WDW with our daughter (even if she is too young to remember right now), but any tips staying at BCV and the parks in general when caring for an infant would be greatly appreciated. I pretty much know all of the tips and strategies that most WDW vets have, but I must admit, I don't know all of the little tips and intricacies that one needs to be aware of when going to WDW with children. A little nervous, help a new father relax!

Been waiting along time to say this, but put us on the Be Our Guest List!

:welcome: back!!!

That is fantastic news, both about your daughter and about your trip.

:grouphug:

I'll add you to the list.

:banana::banana::banana:

1. Don't know much about DVC, but there is certainly a lot more flexibility when making changes to resort reservations through Disney.
2. Have not stayed at YC yet (I'll correct that in October), but if you are trying to tick off resorts, I think it would be different enough.
3. No experience with travelling with to Disney, or elsewhere, with infants. There are a few trip reports that deal with traveling with newborns and toddlers, so if you have time you may want to check some of those out.

Congratulations, again!

:goodvibes

Hello All! My family will be arriving at the BC in mid August. What is the best way to go about trying to make sure we have a full balcony? I do know that not all of the BC rooms come with a balcony. I have heard about faxing requests. If this is the best way is there a specific number we should fax our request to? Any information on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

- manooly

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:cool1:

I have heard that most resorts do not pay attention to faxed requests. Best way to request a full balcony is to add your request by phone to Disney Resort Reservations. I posted the phone number a day or so ago, or it is on Page 1, Post 14. You can do that now, and followup about a week before your trip to make sure your request is listed. You can also indicate you would like a large balcony if you do the online checkin.

If you get to the resort and your room does not have a full balcony, go to the front desk, in person, and ask if there is a room currently available that has a full balcony. If there is not and you are willing to be flexible and move after a day or so to a room with a full balcony, let them know that.

ETA- Hopefully answered at the same time I was posting.

::yes::

32 days away till our family of 4 and 2 extra kids= 6 total arrive at BCV. We are driving down from the south suburbs of Chicago. Plan to drive 15 hours the first day(leaving home at 12midnight). First night staying in Valdosta Ga. Was wondering how many tolls we will hit once we enter Florida? We plan on buying a sunpass at first welcome center. Also does anyone know how much each toll will cost?

Relatives of ours that live in Port Pierce Florida are going to join us one day at Disney. Can we bring them in to Beach Club? Can they use the pool with us for the day?

32 days away till our family of 4 and 2 extra kids= 6 total arrive at BCV. We are driving down from the south suburbs of Chicago. Plan to drive 15 hours the first day(leaving home at 12midnight). First night staying in Valdosta Ga. Was wondering how many tolls we will hit once we enter Florida? We plan on buying a sunpass at first welcome center. Also does anyone know how much each toll will cost?

Will you be driving 95 to 4? If so, no tolls.

Relatives of ours that live in Port Pierce Florida are going to join us one day at Disney. Can we bring them in to Beach Club? Can they use the pool with us for the day?

I don't think non-guests can use SAB. You need a wristband to get in. I believe they are very strict about it. We have friends that are staying at Bonnet Creek and we wanted to spend a pool day with them. We are going to have to go over to their resort since they are not allowed in SAB.

If coming on I-75 to the turnpike, you will have 1 toll plaza. Total according to their website is currently 2.90. This is IF you are going to take 429 to Disney. 429 is a toll road as well and using Sunpass you would have 1 additional toll of 1.37 (according to site).
If you take the Turnpike all the way to I4 you would have additional tolls, but I don't know the amount. It is very easy (less busy) to take 429 West (sign will say Tampa), take exit 8 (Western Way), and go that way to Disney. If you want more directions this way, just ask. It will save time, gas, and aggravation. I now live in Winter Garden and avoid I4 whenever I can.
Sarah

I don't think non-guests can use SAB. You need a wristband to get in. I believe they are very strict about it. We have friends that are staying at Bonnet Creek and we wanted to spend a pool day with them. We are going to have to go over to their resort since they are not allowed in SAB.
Ok, thanks.

If coming on I-75 to the turnpike, you will have 1 toll plaza. Total according to their website is currently 2.90. This is IF you are going to take 429 to Disney. 429 is a toll road as well and using Sunpass you would have 1 additional toll of 1.37 (according to site).
If you take the Turnpike all the way to I4 you would have additional tolls, but I don't know the amount. It is very easy (less busy) to take 429 West (sign will say Tampa), take exit 8 (Western Way), and go that way to Disney. If you want more directions this way, just ask. It will save time, gas, and aggravation. I now live in Winter Garden and avoid I4 whenever I can.
Sarah
Thanks, looks like we will take 75 south to Flordia Turnpike 429 to exit 8 . Thanks for confirming this

They are very strict about checking Magic Bands for everyone at the entrances to SAB, and those not staying at YC or BC will not be allowed in. However, I've read that guests not staying at YC/BC have been able to use one of the quiet pools as long as they are with YC/BC guests. It's been a while since I read that, so the policy may have changed.

They are very strict about checking Magic Bands for everyone at the entrances to SAB, and those not staying at YC or BC will not be allowed in. However, I've read that guests not staying at YC/BC have been able to use one of the quiet pools as long as they are with YC/BC guests. It's been a while since I read that, so the policy may have changed.

There are no lifeguards or other CMs monitoring the quiet pools so as far as I know what you wrote is possible

Is there anyone at the resort now who can confirm the current location of the movie on the nights it is outside. How about the campfire?

Thanks!

Amenities available at All Disney Deluxe Resorts for Concierge Guests:

Nightly Turndown Service
High Speed Internet Access (access fees apply)*
Bathroom Amenities (shampoo, conditioner, hand/body lotion, bath & facial soap)
Complimentary Fax Assistance
Complimentary Health Club Access**
2 Adult-Size Spa Bathrobes (in-room use, additional robes can be requested)
Club Level Check-In from 7am - 10pm
Club Level Assistance from 7am - 10pm (tickets, dining, recreation, special events)
Advanced Itinerary Planning
Refreshments throughout the day in Concierge Lounges
Secured Access to Club Level Floors
USA Today Newspaper***
Coffee Maker with Coffee & Tea Assortment, Safe, Hair Dryer, Refrigerator (not stocked) and iron/board available in all club level and regular resort rooms
VCR and/or DVD Players in suites (upon request at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa)****
Library of Disney Movies at Concierge Desk****
CD/Clock Radios in Suites*****
Discovery Wildlife Excursion******

:goodvibes

The Yacht Club had USA Today, Wall Street Journal, and New York Times available everyday (except Sunday) last week. I seem to remember the NYT on Sunday.

I wrote a quick summary of our trip on the Club Level board. It was a blast!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter