Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Also the ale and compass lounge will do it as well, but, this is an after 3 pm option as they aren't open until then. The captains grill will do it if the lounge isn't open. For the record, a waitress will come out to the host stand and take your order. I tipped her as I would if I were seated in her section

I would certainly do that. This is great to know. As many times as we have been to BCVs, and as many pages of the thread I have read over the years never realized they would do this. Thank you so much! This will come in handy for our upcoming trip. No wonder we love this thread!

:disrocks:

Whatever you posted is showing up as a broken link, so not sure what it is.

I'm not sure why that is. It's showing up for me. I copied the link from a different DisBoards thread. In any case, I downloaded the image and put it on my own Photobucket. Hopefully you can see this?

upload_2016-6-2_10-28-48.jpg

I'm not sure why that is. It's showing up for me. I copied the link from a different DisBoards thread. In any case, I downloaded the image and put it on my own Photobucket. Hopefully you can see this?

upload_2016-6-2_10-28-48.jpg

Yup. Thanks!

The new parking garages are open at Disney Springs. I'd say for your party, driving has the edge over taking the bus. You won't be faced with the possibility of having to wait for a scooter spot in case the line for the bus is long. Also the buses tend to run at odd schedules due to the traffic back ups. Both cars and buses have to deal with any traffic so that factor is a tie so to speak.

Another thought is that Disney Springs will get very crowded at night, ESPECIALLY on the weekends so having your vehicle available to whisk you away when it's time to go will be a welcome sight.

Just an FYI for people planning trips to the Springs, Josh from Easy WDW http://www.easywdw.com/easy/ says that the best time to go to Disney Springs is in the morning when things start to open up. It's way less crowded than at night and there tends to be better availability for tables if you are walking up to places like The Boathouse or
Jock Lindsey's Hangar Bar. Another consideration is that traffic is less congested during the morning/noon time hours.

Ultimately the best time to go to Disney Springs is the time that works for you. If you go in the evening hours on a weekend be sure to install a "cow catcher" like they have on trains on the front of Mom's ECV so she can plow through the crowds to get where she is going. I kind of like that strategy for getting through the crowds and I think the cow catcher might cut down on the jerks that try to suddenly cut off the ECV.

Good luck and have a great trip!

~NM
Thanks so much!

The notice that is being sent to Epcot resort guests for dates of Sunday June 5 to Thursday June 9th is one telling guests that due to demolition at Hollywood Studios it may become noisy DURING THE LATE NIGHT HOURS.

Although many of us are crushed that Disney is not choosing to demolition Stitch's bad adventure in the Magic Kingdom, we will just have to make due with the fact that in 17 or 18 years Star Wars and Toy Story lands will finally be opening at Holly-Walled Studios.

~NM

I thought & then I read a post that stated the noise is not from DHS demolition work, but rather testing the new Starwars Fireworks display. Where did you get the information NM?

We got back on Monday night from a great trip! We stayed at the YC, and when we got there all their systems were down and there was literally nothing they could do, but the staff could not be more wonderful. He went through our plans for the gave and gave us contingency plans in case anything didn't work and we ended up getting upgraded from a garden/woods to a lagoon view (4133). Our room was nice and it was so nice to have that balcony to sit on in the morning or evenings and watch the boats go by! The location couldn't be beat! The first couple days the resort was quiet and it picked up as the weekend came. The kids loved SAB, especially the sandbar area and the Flying Jib!

We had excellent luck with buses, not so much with boats, but the Uber ride from DHS to YC was $5.50 and worth it after a long or hot day! We will definitely be back!

We just returned from our first stay at the Beach Club after many Disney trips. I can say that I may never stay anywhere else. I loved everything about this resort. Thank you to all the great tips on this board to help me prepare for a wonderful trip.

We were in a standard room, 3720, which had a full balcony overlooking the roof above the resort's main entrance. There was also a pull out day bed sofa which was great since we are a family of five. The only drawback was the looong walk down the maze of hallways to our room, but really was not a very big deal at all.

The pool was so much fun, and we just wished we had planned more time to be there. We loved the movies on the beach watching the Star Wars fireworks show over the Boardwalk. Walking to Epcot and Hollywood Studios was the best, and the bus service to the other parks was great. There was one day we waited almost 20 minutes for a MK bus, but our usual wait was within 5 minutes.

Natebenma, I am happy to report that our tentative plans are now definite AND we added a night! Now staying 11/16 - 11/23. Thanks for adding us! I am now kind of "worried" about the refurb if it holds off until Novemmber. We are staying CL and I would hate to be in the middle of that. But, it is what it is I suppose.

I thought & then I read a post that stated the noise is not from DHS demolition work, but rather testing the new Starwars Fireworks display. Where did you get the information NM?

Somewhere in all my reading I thought I read that they were demolishing some of the buildings. You can use this link http://my.sfwmd.gov/ePermitting/PopulateLOVs.do?flag=1 to search for the Reedy Creek Improvement District construction permits. Generally speaking the demolition permits are included in the Construction permits for existing structures or areas.

Here's a hint to help you search this site. The Hollywood Studios construction project is referred to as "H 1 Site Development". Be sure to remember that demolition plans are included in the Construction permits.

Disney is not required to reveal much information publicly about their construction plans, unlike other private/public entities, because they were granted special accommodations by the Florida State Legislature. Disney does have to publicly file permits for the South Florida Water Management district.

The Theme Park Tourist site, in an article dated May 16th, talks about how DHS is ramping up demolition. Of special note here would be the demolition of the massive Lights, Motors, Action stadium.

I believe that Disney generally does not "warn" people of fireworks testing because most people would hear that noise and associate it with fireworks. A building implosion is an entirely different matter, if that's what is going on. Like I said, we won't be informed of Disney's Construction/Demolition plans. We will just have to wait to hear the boom and figure out if it was fireworks or a building.

~NM

Last edited:
Somewhere in all my reading I thought I read that they were demolishing some of the buildings. You can use this link http://my.sfwmd.gov/ePermitting/PopulateLOVs.do?flag=1 to search for the Reedy Creek Improvement District construction permits. Generally speaking the demolition permits are included in the Construction permits for existing structures or areas.

Here's a hint to help you search this site. The Hollywood Studios construction project is referred to as "H 1 Site Development". Be sure to remember that demolition plans are included in the Construction permits.

Disney is not required to reveal much information publicly about their construction plans, unlike other private/public entities, because they were granted special accommodations by the Florida State Legislature. Disney does have to publicly file permits for the South Florida Water Management district.

The Theme Park Tourist site, in an article dated May 16th, talks about how DHS is ramping up demolition. Of special note here would be the demolition of the massive Lights, Motors, Action stadium.

I believe that Disney generally does not "warn" people of fireworks testing because most people would hear that noise and associate it with fireworks. A building implosion is an entirely different matter, if that's what is going on. Like I said, we won't be informed of Disney's Construction/Demolition plans. We will just have to wait to hear the boom and figure out if it was fireworks or a building.

~NM

Thanks for the info!!
I would be very surprised if any company, including Disney, imploded a building after dark at night. I do understand they are different and try to minimize disruption during park hours, but it would be a safety issue, I would think. I have also experienced middle of the night fireworks testing in the MK area one year. Training/testing a new show after hours makes more sense to me.
Thanks Again

Yesterday at the pool, Dwayne " the rock" Johnson walked by.... I was like wow that guy looks like the rock, no shirt and all! A cm just confirmed he's here at the beach club!!!

That's so cool! I was at the Grand Floridian a few weeks ago (5/13/16) and I saw Prince Harry (white t-shirt) and Prince William (pink long sleeve) leaving the resort!! It was so exciting!! In the last pic you can see Harry (behind the palm tree) turning his head and looking back at us!!!!!!!

IMG_6462.jpg IMG_6463.jpg IMG_6464.jpg IMG_6465.jpg

I was thinking he escaped from the "Fantasy Closet" that the women of the Beach/Yacht Club thread keep in their virtual dreams. Then again He may be there to participate in the night implosion of DHS buildings.

~NM

Who left the door unlocked??? Hope they got it secured before Johnny Depp and Matthew McConaughey escape. Oh, well, as long as the endless Grey Goose Slushie Machine is still there it is all good.

:drinking1

Yesterday at the pool, Dwayne " the rock" Johnson walked by.... I was like wow that guy looks like the rock, no shirt and all! A cm just confirmed he's here at the beach club!!!

Awesome!!!

:cool2:

That's so cool! I was at the Grand Floridian a few weeks ago (5/13/16) and I saw Prince Harry (white t-shirt) and Prince William (pink long sleeve) leaving the resort!! It was so exciting!! In the last pic you can see Harry (behind the palm tree) turning his head and looking back at us!!!!!!!

Cool!

:thumbsup2

Hi All,

Considering a stay at Yacht Club from 8/23 - 9/1. From reading the first posts, it looks like there was to be construction/rehabs starting that week. However, when I'm previewing the reservation on Disney's site, I'm not seeing the rehab notice that comments say was posted in May.

Has the rehab been pushed out further?

One other question at this point (I'm sure I'll have more) - we will have a rental car with us. How far out is the self-parking or is it only valet that is available here? Most of the property maps I've seen only show the buildings, not the parking.

Thanks!

There is self-parking, right out in front of the main building, next to the bus stop. It's not far at all, and is very convenient!

I think someone posted that the YC refurb had just been pushed back to November,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter