Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

So...We typically don't use online checkin because I do like to talk to the folks at the front desk and check our room assignment in case we might want to change it. However, we are arriving later, prob 4-6pm time frame, and were thinking we might as well use it since with the limited inventory and high occupancy at BCVs, the likelihood of being able to make a change once we arrive is slim. Our experience in the past has been that we typically get the least desirable rooms the later we check in. Any advice? We already contacted member services to put in our requests and called a couple of days ago and confirmed them with "the resort". Anything else? And do we avoid selecting any options on the online checkin since we already had our requests noted? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

TY in advance!

Does anyone know if I am able to call Disney to make room requests if I booked through a travel agent?

You have to have your travel agent call and make the requests for you, unless you are staying CL and then you can email IPO and have them add the requests. I'm pretty sure you can call and double check that they were added, though, just for peace of mind.

You have to have your travel agent call and make the requests for you, unless you are staying CL and then you can email IPO and have them add the requests. I'm pretty sure you can call and double check that they were added, though, just for peace of mind.

Thanks! When I booked, I had asked my TA to request a full balcony, close to lobby. When I went to check in online, it shows my requests as upper floor, close to elevator, and it won't let me change them. The full balcony is our number 1 request so I'm concerned it didn't get noted.

So...I think several things are coming into play. Food and wine falls into the first half of the month and the EPCOT resort area is extremely popular for that. For the villas, rooms were booked up at the 10 month mark and I have had a one day add on waitlisted since before Christmas that hasn't cleared yet and may not. In addition, you have rooms blocked off for the Yacht Club refurb, which reduces the overall inventory of rooms. Finally Jersey week is bigger than you think. Seems a majority of folks we meet at YAB are from NJ and speaking from experience, any time you can book an off peak trip without taking kids out of school, it is an attractive option. Not sure if you have actually called the resort. I did see. Report where folks had success calling when no inventory was available on line.

Thanks everyone. We are in the villas and I know those are competitive in the fall. We booked that about 10 mos out. I didn't think it would be this tough to get a cash room. Will keep checking.

So...We typically don't use online checkin because I do like to talk to the folks at the front desk and check our room assignment in case we might want to change it. However, we are arriving later, prob 4-6pm time frame, and were thinking we might as well use it since with the limited inventory and high occupancy at BCVs, the likelihood of being able to make a change once we arrive is slim. Our experience in the past has been that we typically get the least desirable rooms the later we check in. Any advice? We already contacted member services to put in our requests and called a couple of days ago and confirmed them with "the resort". Anything else? And do we avoid selecting any options on the online checkin since we already had our requests noted? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

TY in advance!

Just an FYI, even if you do Online Check In you can still go to the Front Desk and speak to a CM about your room assignment. All rooms are assigned 2-3 days out, whether you do Online Check In or not, so it makes no difference. The good thing about Online Check In is the possibility of Bypassing The Front Desk all together. If you do get to Bypass The Front Desk and don't like your room assignment you can always speak to the Front Desk about moving.

Sorry you're disappointed about the afternoon tea. I'd imagine it's because a lot of people use the solarium during the busy summer months. We often bring lunch there from the marketplace and while it's not the same as afternoon tea you could do something similar so you get to enjoy the ambience of eating in the solarium :)

Haha well the 9 year old cooks and earns his keep occasionally although he is also known to dramatically exclaim "why is it always me" when asked to do things:charac2:I may have offered him the phone number for child services!!:confused3:rotfl2:

It's truly wonderful:thumbsup2. So far the youngest son will do pancakes and toast and the oldest son will stretch himself to a burger and chips (fries) if pushed but I eagerly await the day when he decides to be more adventurous in his cooking efforts:goodvibes. I've told him he needs to start cooking more now he's 18 but so far
He's using exams as his reason for not doing so :rolleyes1
I can't read this as I'm colour blind! The dark text isn't an issue.

@luvpoohandcompany

I was going to respond to your post but @wifey beat me to it. Your text is coming through as a neon green and hard to read (and you have good posts)! I thought it was just the screen on my phone but my pc is having the same issue.

Any chance you can change your text color for your future posts? :flower:

@luvpoohandcompany

I was going to respond to your post but @wifey beat me to it. Your text is coming through as a neon green and hard to read (and you have good posts)! I thought it was just the screen on my phone but my pc is having the same issue.

Any chance you can change your text color for your future posts? :flower:

Will do. Sorry I'll try to go back and edit the colour on that post now :thumbsup2

Has anyone seen this notice that they're handing out at the Boardwalk? I wonder if YC and Swolphin will be affected as well?

upload_2016-6-2_10-28-48-png.172862

TY in advance!

You can do online check in without having it affect the requests you made through member services. You just have to skip that option. The online check in mostly confirms your arrival and departure times, your credit card on file, and gives you an option of receiving a text or email with your room number.

Picked up a stay at BCV Jan 2-5 at the 7 month mark for DD & myself. Waiting to be able to waitlist Jan 5-6, but we know Marathon week-end will be super busy, so currently we are at SSR for our last night.

So excited! Loved BC & have been longing to return since our August stay last year. :banana:

Is November really popular this year? We have a reservation but other family want to come and only club level suites are available. It is the tail end of food and wine but I'm still surprised. Maybe more rooms will open up?

Good luck getting a response here, I posted a similar question a cpl days ago

It appears to be your lucky day Poooo! Please give us some time to answer questions as we like to be as helpful as we can. Sometimes we all get busy but the people that contribute to this thread are sincerely interested in helping each other. This thread has the reputation of trying to be as helpful and friendly as possible. :sunny: :grouphug:

Also keep in mind that if your question has gotten lost without a reply, try reposting it again. Sometimes it's one of those questions that we just don't have a good answer for and other times it's because someone who knows a good answer just hasn't gotten caught up with the post yet.

:thumbsup2

Here are all the helpful replies to zemra406's question in case you missed them. ;)

November hs really become more and more popular over the last couple years. I wouldn't count on roons opening up. Bit it never hurts to keep checking as people do cancel reservations.

There really are not many slow periods any longer. Good luck!

So...I think several things are coming into play. Food and wine falls into the first half of the month and the EPCOT resort area is extremely popular for that. For the villas, rooms were booked up at the 10 month mark and I have had a one day add on waitlisted since before Christmas that hasn't cleared yet and may not. In addition, you have rooms blocked off for the Yacht Club refurb, which reduces the overall inventory of rooms. Finally Jersey week is bigger than you think. Seems a majority of folks we meet at YAB are from NJ and speaking from experience, any time you can book an off peak trip without taking kids out of school, it is an attractive option. Not sure if you have actually called the resort. I did see. Report where folks had success calling when no inventory was available on line.

I think the above replies really hit the nail on the head as to why it's hard to book a room, especially during the busy season. I find that you have the most luck booking a room when you try to make the reservation 11 or 12 months away from the time that you plan on staying. DVC reservations are their own hot mess so those wishing to get the scoop on that kind of reservation should try the DVC boards here on the Dis.

Here's to being HELPFUL!
~NM

Whatever you posted is showing up as a broken link, so not sure what it is.

The notice that is being sent to Epcot resort guests
for dates of Sunday June 5 to Thursday June 9th is one telling guests that due to demolition at Hollywood Studios it may become noisy DURING THE LATE NIGHT HOURS.

Although many of us are crushed that Disney is not choosing to demolition Stitch's bad adventure in the Magic Kingdom, we will just have to make due with the fact that in 17 or 18 years Star Wars and Toy Story lands will finally be opening at Holly-Walled Studios.

~NM

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter