Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Hello everyone! I have a question...

I've never stayed at the Yacht Club before, this September will be my first time staying there (and first time for my little boy - he'll be 9 months when we are there!!) and I'm not sure what requests to put on the reservation.

We're currently booked in a Lagoon/Pool view room. I know for sure I want to request a lagoon view, and I'd LOVE if we could possibly see some of the fireworks from IllumiNations.

Does anyone have any tips for what requests I should make besides lagoon view and not pool view? Floor, location in the building, etc.? Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks a bunch!!

I *think* that at this point, when you book pool/lagoon view at YC, it means SAB itself, not the quiet pool. I know this because we have friends that we've converted to YC lovers, and twice now, they've booked GV and had a (lovely) view of the quiet pool. So, if you were to get a pool, view, rest assured, you'll be right out front facing the lagoon. If you want a fireworks view, I'd say to suggest, "Clear view of Epcot Fireworks."

Hope this helps!

Happy Mother's Day to everyone!

I am working on my last minute details before I come and I have a question and not sure where to get the answer. So, I thought you all might be as helpful as always. Does anyone know if you can use your MB to purchase your meals in Disney Springs?

Background: We typically always get the dining plan. But this year I heard so many things about it not being worth it, so I took it off. I know we won't have issues at the BC or the parks but we do have a planned dinner at Morimoto's and need to figure out if I need to physically carry a card or not. I am to less is more this year, not wanting to haul a bunch of stuff around now that the boys are older.

Happy Mother's Day to everyone!

I am working on my last minute details before I come and I have a question and not sure where to get the answer. So, I thought you all might be as helpful as always. Does anyone know if you can use your MB to purchase your meals in Disney Springs?

Background: We typically always get the dining plan. But this year I heard so many things about it not being worth it, so I took it off. I know we won't have issues at the BC or the parks but we do have a planned dinner at Morimoto's and need to figure out if I need to physically carry a card or not. I am to less is more this year, not wanting to haul a bunch of stuff around now that the boys are older.

Yes you can use your Magic Band at Disney Springs. That said, I always carry at least one credit card as it is not out of the realm of possibility that the computer system could be down. We also carry an ID and our Health Insurance card as well. It is better safe than sorry and they are easy to carry
Have Fun

Yes you can use your Magic Band at Disney Springs. That said, I always carry at least one credit card as it is not out of the realm of possibility that the computer system could be down. We also carry an ID and our Health Insurance card as well. It is better safe than sorry and they are easy to carry
Have Fun
Same here. It happened to us in 2015, the MB was recognized for the dining credit but we could not charge to the room (MDE problems). Luckily one of us had a credit card for the tip and autograph book. Also, if you want to order alcoholic drinks in Disney Springs, a photo ID will likely be required.

Here are the scheduled dates that I have listed at the front of the thread (Post 6 Gift Shops/Solarium)

March 25-29, April 14-17, May 5-8, June 16-19, July 1-4, Aug 11-14, Sept 1-5

:goodvibes

I sure hope they extend it later into September!

Ack! Has anyone stayed BC CL in the last few weeks? I just read that many of the CLs are cutting out evening cordials. Is this true at BC? it won't make or break our trip but I did sometimes enjoy an evening liquor in my decaf with a dessert. Any other cuts at BC CL besides the greeter? Turn down and chocolates still included? Can you get water for the room? Why do they keep making CL less special. Sorry hate to be a downer but wondering if I made a mistake splurging for CL. Tell me something good please....

ETA: Ok, after a goodnights sleep I have decided it will be great. No matter what changes have been made we will have a fantastic time.

Last edited:

Same here. It happened to us in 2015, the MB was recognized for the dining credit but we could not charge to the room (MDE problems). Luckily one of us had a credit card for the tip and autograph book. Also, if you want to order alcoholic drinks in Disney Springs, a photo ID will likely be required.

Thanks for the info and the excellent tips! I typically do the same thing, but my small "Park Purse" doesn't fit my phone anymore. However, I was doing some errands for my DS today and we went to a mall we don't usually go to AND there was a Vera Bradley Store. :cheer2:There was a Mother's Day sale AND since I am a mother too, I thought a gift for myself was in order. So now I have a cool "Park Bag" with room for IDs, CC and lipstick. :cool1: It was kinda icing on my cake for today: healthy loving family and nice surprises.

Hi, we were thinking of using Les Halles in france for breakfast a few times on our oct trip to YC, just wondering if anyone has done this? would you recommend it? I presume it won't take too long to get there.
And any recommendations would be much appreciated. It's just me and the wife!

Thanks, Glenn

Last edited:
Hi, we were thinking of using Les Halles in france for breakfast a few times on our oct trip to BC, just wondering if anyone has done this? would you recommend it? I presume it won't take too long to get there.

Thanks, Glenn

Hi Glenn,
We have done this before and it's so yummy! The walk to the International Gateway takes just about 5-10 minutes, depending on your pace. From there you just walk up to the bridge and over to France. Maybe a 15 minute total trip? Les Halles offers espresso in addition to their delicious pastry and Croque Madame options. A welcome relief from the resort coffee!!

Enjoy! Mary

Hi Glenn,
We have done this before and it's so yummy! The walk to the International Gateway takes just about 5-10 minutes, depending on your pace. From there you just walk up to the bridge and over to France. Maybe a 15 minute total trip? Les Halles offers espresso in addition to their delicious pastry and Croque Madame options. A welcome relief from the resort coffee!!

Enjoy! Mary

thank you Mary,
it really does sound like a great way to start the day, I think we may be spoilt for choice!!

Hi, we were thinking of using Les Halles in france for breakfast a few times on our oct trip to YC, just wondering if anyone has done this? would you recommend it? I presume it won't take too long to get there.

Thanks, Glenn

Hi Glenn,

Enjoy! Mary

I haven't gotten to this part in my trip report yet, but here is my early morning visit to La Halles on Marathon morning, January 10:

DSCF9853.jpg

DSCF9858.jpg

DSCF9873.jpg

DSCF9862.jpg

DSCF9864.jpg

DSCF9865.jpg

DSCF9866.jpg

DSCF9869.jpg

DSCF9871.jpg

DSCF9875.jpg

:drinking1

Thanks, Glenn

It's a must do for us at least a couple of times when staying at the BC, YC or BWI. It is a nice, peaceful walk and a great way to start the day. We've also used it on our last day if we have a late morning ME. We head there for breakfast and grab some extra food for the airport.

Thanks, Glenn

Like others have said this is an amazing way to start the day and a must do for us every trip ( more than once each trip). Great selections to be had and an excellent use of qs credit as you can pick several pastries (3)or a whole plain baguette with butter along with one pastry and one drink which my boys love to share between them ( we buy a 2nd drink oop).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter