Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

We used Uber multiple times while there in October & it was great!! We used it twice to go to MK in the mornings and it worked out perfect. Our cost was a little more but we had to use Uber XL because there were 6 of us, but it wasn't too much more than a regular car.
Uber is sounding better and better all the time. Can I ask you, did you take the uber to the contemporary and walk to the MK?

With all my ch-ch-changes to my summer trip, I find myself debating another change. I currently have 7/28-8/5 booked at BWI CL. 7/28-29 we are booked in a suite since there regular CL rooms are booked solid. 7/28-29 is available at YC CL...I can get it on Orbitz for the 30% off summer promo plus 15% off plus the ebates cash back. This would save me a bundle. I mean we have to switch rooms at BWI anyway....WWYD SAB peeps? After driving from NJ, a night swimming sounds great, plus I can literally walk over to BWI in the morning to confirm all of our check in details. Decisions.....
Stay at YC and for a night and save the $. But I am a YC fan. :)

Renting points at BCV 11/19-11/23, couldn't get our last 3 nights so have to do a split but that's OK. We've stayed at BWV 4x but this will be our first time at the Beach Club, very excited :goodvibes

Ack! While I'm relieved to read that your room did not smell like seafood, I am totally bummed to hear that the resort halls did. I truly can't bear the smell of seafood--makes me feel sick to my stomach, and might be the kind of thing to bum me out while there instead of fully enjoying the resort. I suppose we won't be hanging out in the halls for too long, but still. :crazy2: Really hoping it's not a chronic problem--we arrive next week.
The Beach Club is a large resort and the vast majority of the rooms aren't anywhere near Cape May Cafe. The guest who said he smelled seafood was in an area right above the restaurant. The majority of the guest rooms are located on the other side of the lobby, far away from the restaurant. We usually stay on the Epcot side of the resort and have never smelled seafood in the halls.

The Beach Club is a large resort and the vast majority of the rooms aren't anywhere near Cape May Cafe. The guest who said he smelled seafood was in an area right above the restaurant. The majority of the guest rooms are located on the other side of the lobby, far away from the restaurant. We usually stay on the Epcot side of the resort and have never smelled seafood in the halls.

Good to know. I looked on Touring Plans resort map and unfortunately the magical deal we have for this trip is limited to standard rooms, almost all of which are near or over the restaurant. Fingers crossed it's not an issue for us--I've really been looking forward to this resort!

Good to know. I looked on Touring Plans resort map and unfortunately the magical deal we have for this trip is limited to standard rooms, almost all of which are near or over the restaurant. Fingers crossed it's not an issue for us--I've really been looking forward to this resort!

I have found the Touring Plans resort map to be very inaccurate when it comes to things like that.

The good majority of the rooms over Cape May are waterview / garden view rooms and a couple of deluxe rooms. Also, Over Cape May would only be floors 3 & 4 as the 5th floor over Cape May are all Club Level.

Truly, I would not be too worried about this. We have been going to BC for 15 years and have never had this particular issue. If there is an issue with the smell with your assigned room, kindly ask for a room change at the front desk.

We were at the YC for our first visit with an infant in December. He was 22 months. You can ask for either a crib or pack 'n play. We requested a King and had the perfect amount of room for the three of us. We rely on Disney transportation for everything. (live downtown Chicago so we are used to mass transit and our son loves it - still talks about the monorail, bus to MK, etc, on an almost daily basis). Two best ease of travel trips:

On the bus, I would usually carry our son or put him in a carrier while my DH dealt with the stroller. Then when we got to the parks it was so much easier to get through security. I would put DS in stroller with no bag or leave him in carrier, and push empty stroller and walk right in while DH went through security lines with bags. This worked so well for us. One less line for our son, and somehow the stroller going through security even if prepared ahead of time, took more time. (this was immediately before they implemented tighter security practices though)

ANOTHER HUGE TIP - use an umbrella stroller with a basket. Honestly, this was the BEST decision we made and dramatically impacted our trip in positive ways. Not to go 100% off topic. But all day long we saw tons of parents struggling with strollers, kids, bags and the buses, etc. (actually witnessed a massive fight between two families on the bus back to the YC/BC about their strollers, bags and the kids taking seats on the bus) We NEVER had any issues. We took a nicer umbrella stroller that folded up in seconds easily, extremely light and we would just pop on and off of transportation with ease. We could also navigate even tighter spaces/crowds with ease. We were stopped numerous times by other parents telling us they wish they had done the same and wanting to know our our stroller make and model. This worked for us because naps we not in the stroller but back in the room. (for the record, if renting a stroller, our "stroller" is the city mini GT at home which we LOVE, but does get really heavy quickly. We were so happy we left it at home). Our stroller "footprint" was much smaller and it did make a huge difference.

Look into Uber Family. I thought I read that was now an option in Orlando.

At SAB there were always tons of buckets and shovels laying around so thankfully we didn't bring anything from home.

We brought all of DS snacks from home. Usually he shares our meals, but the few times we had to get him something for dinner separately, we ended up at the Boardwalk Bakery. Check out the kid menus in the area since I was surprised they offered different options. (Mac and Cheese at Boardwalk, but not the Marketplace, etc). I could not find whole milk anywhere.

Let me know if you have any other specific questions.

THANK YOU NATEBENMA for highlighting my cab question in another post!

Thank you for all the tips for traveling for an infant!

What was the name of the umbrella stroller you used. We plan on bringing an umbrella stroller on the plane with us and renting a city mini gt while we are there. I still have to buy an umbrella stroller but looking for ones that reclines as well.

THANK YOU NATEBENMA for highlighting my cab question in another post!

Thank you for all the tips for traveling for an infant!

What was the name of the umbrella stroller you used. We plan on bringing an umbrella stroller on the plane with us and renting a city mini gt while we are there. I still have to buy an umbrella stroller but looking for ones that reclines as well.

don't forget to bring a rain cover too!

page 460-461

Annnnnddddd, I'll be at the YC SV CL (2 rooms) 7/28-29 then heading over to BWI CL 7/29-8/5 [then HRH CL 8/5-12] C'mon summer!!!!!!!!!!!

Can I tell you how fabulous that trip sounds to me!?!

:woohoo:

Can someone please add us to the BOG list for July?
July 1-10 at BCV
(and soooo excited!)

Will do!

:cool1:

Staying at the Beach CLub for our first ever family Disney Vacation 5/26-6/2 and couldn't be more excited!!

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

Please let us know if you have any questions about the resort or your upcoming trip.

:thumbsup2

Renting points at BCV 11/19-11/23, couldn't get our last 3 nights so have to do a split but that's OK. We've stayed at BWV 4x but this will be our first time at the Beach Club, very excited :goodvibes

:welcome:

I'll add you to the list.

:cheer2:

Annnnnddddd, I'll be at the YC SV CL (2 rooms) 7/28-29 then heading over to BWI CL 7/29-8/5 [then HRH CL 8/5-12] C'mon summer!!!!!!!!!!!
Sounds fantastic! You seem to really like CL rooms. I have never really considered them before but, as we tend to slow down with each passing trip, I was curious to read why it is important to you to pick that category. Then, it might be risky for us to try one... As we might become addicted too.

split stay at AoA then BC CL have a 4 day hopper staying 8 nights total hope it all works out arrive mon at aoa just eating at food court plane lands at 7. Tuesday Disney springs dinner at boathouse Wed Be our guest dinner. Thursday move to BC no park dinner at Captains grill Friday 2 reservations can't decide either sci fi or 50's saturday breakfast at 955 be our guest dinner at 745 coral reef sunday no park no dinner might rent a car monday hollywood brown derby go home tuesday so this where I am torn park for mk day makes sense done on wed but on friday saturday and monday you pick a different one in am for your fastpassess? hope it all works out lol

Can anyone confirm the current situation with tubes at SAB? The "official" post at the beginning of this thread states "Single and Double tubes for the lazy river and pool are now available in the water up for grabs without a rental fee." However, I have seen many other websites with Disney info still saying that there is a rental fee (that information may well be out-dated, but I just wanted to confirm). Thanks in advance!

They were out and available to grab and use as you wished when we were there in March.

Just wanted to show off the start of my new collection at work. Absolutely loving the new designed princesses, they don't all look the same, and it helps me get thru my Disney blues :).

@Ninja Mom ....what do you think?

Disneyprincesses_zps77swsuex.jpg

Last edited:
Sounds fantastic! You seem to really like CL rooms. I have never really considered them before but, as we tend to slow down with each passing trip, I was curious to read why it is important to you to pick that category. Then, it might be risky for us to try one... As we might become addicted too.
It's so easy to get spoiled. It's myself, hubby, and our 5 kiddos: 15, 11, 9, 8, & 7. I've got two on the autism spectrum, and really the CL is all about somewhere other than the room to chill and have a snack. If there's any issues you've got CMs right there to help. Many will ask if it's worth the $, and worth is subjective. In 2014 we stayed in a 2BR villa, I loved the space BUT I spent way too much time cooking and cleaning. So I'll take the CL anyday. It just makes the trip a little more magical. My kids call it the snack room, and they love it. Last summer we were at BC CL for 8 nights, and that lounge was invaluable during those afternoon T-storms. We have breakfast in the lounge and are usually not on our way to the parks until 1030am, we do some rides and head back to swim in the afternoon. Around 5-6 we hit the lounge for beer/wine/apps and back to the parks for a bit longer. Before bed we grab desserts and another drink (or 3). It really works for our "go with the flow" type vacations :)

It's so easy to get spoiled. It's myself, hubby, and our 5 kiddos: 15, 11, 9, 8, & 7. I've got two on the autism spectrum, and really the CL is all about somewhere other than the room to chill and have a snack. If there's any issues you've got CMs right there to help. Many will ask if it's worth the $, and worth is subjective. In 2014 we stayed in a 2BR villa, I loved the space BUT I spent way too much time cooking and cleaning. So I'll take the CL anyday. It just makes the trip a little more magical. My kids call it the snack room, and they love it. Last summer we were at BC CL for 8 nights, and that lounge was invaluable during those afternoon T-storms. We have breakfast in the lounge and are usually not on our way to the parks until 1030am, we do some rides and head back to swim in the afternoon. Around 5-6 we hit the lounge for beer/wine/apps and back to the parks for a bit longer. Before bed we grab desserts and another drink (or 3). It really works for our "go with the flow" type vacations :)
This is how our vacation is planned for this coming trip. (Three weeks to go) Yeah!!!! We are doing CL with no dining plan. Did you use the dining plan. If not how did it work out?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter