Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

So I just reviewed my email confirmation, I'm in a GV CL room for December :) Even better! I see some rooms opened up at YC for the end of July....hmmmmm a YC/BWI split maybe :sail:

That IS awesome!!! All of the BC CL GV rooms have full balconies.

::yes::

With all my ch-ch-changes to my summer trip, I find myself debating another change. I currently have 7/28-8/5 booked at BWI CL. 7/28-29 we are booked in a suite since there regular CL rooms are booked solid. 7/28-29 is available at YC CL...I can get it on Orbitz for the 30% off summer promo plus 15% off plus the ebates cash back. This would save me a bundle. I mean we have to switch rooms at BWI anyway....WWYD SAB peeps? After driving from NJ, a night swimming sounds great, plus I can literally walk over to BWI in the morning to confirm all of our check in details. Decisions.....

page 457-458

Hi! We just finalized our trip and will be staying at Disney's Beach Club Oct 1st - October 8th.

I have stayed at the beach club many times but this is my first time with an infant. He will be 1 year old when we go in fact we will be celebrating his actual 1st birthday while we are there (Oct 5th)

I had two quick questions. Would you suggest I book a room with a King Bed and have a crib brought in for extra space. It is only myself, husband and baby

also there are a couple of instances where we would need to take cabs to dinners etc. Can the taxi concierge arrange taxis for us with a car seat for the baby??

we are trying to decide if we should rent a car and bring our own car seat or if the hotel can arrange cabs with car seats the handful of times we will need it????

thank you for your help

and any other beach club trips for traveling with the baby would be a big help feel like such a rookie planning this trip so many extra things to consider

:welcome: back!!!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

Sure, requesting a King bed room sounds like a good idea, maybe say "King bed room with room for crib, please"

:cool1:

Not sure about the question of taxi travel with an infant, but I'll bold that in your original question and hopefully others have the info you are looking for.

"There are a couple of instances where we would need to take cabs to dinners etc. Can the taxi concierge arrange taxis for us with a car seat for the baby??

we are trying to decide if we should rent a car and bring our own car seat or if the hotel can arrange cabs with car seats the handful of times we will need it????

thank you for your help"

Just returned from an 8 night stay at the Beach Club Resort from April 1-9. We had a fantastic time. Thought some of you may be interested in our experience and hopefully I can answer a few questions along the way.
*snip*

I have tons of other general comments about our experience and Disney World in general. I did a TON of research before our trip and I think it paid off. Thanks to all of you on this board for helping me out in our journey.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for your excellent, detailed, honest review of your stay. So glad to hear you had a fantastic trip!

May I add a link to your post in the resort review section on Page 1, Post 16?

:cool2:

We will be staying BC October 2-5 and then moving to a one bedroom villa the 5th through the 8th. I just thought I'd add a few details to my information on the list. :)

Got it! Thanks!

:thumbsup2

Can't answer your questions because I haven't stayed at Disney World before, but just wanted to share that I'll be at the BC Oct 3-7, celebrating my daughter's birthday. Her birthday is the 5th too, and she'll be 5!

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

:woohoo:

With all my ch-ch-changes to my summer trip, I find myself debating another change. I currently have 7/28-8/5 booked at BWI CL. 7/28-29 we are booked in a suite since there regular CL rooms are booked solid. 7/28-29 is available at YC CL...I can get it on Orbitz for the 30% off summer promo plus 15% off plus the ebates cash back. This would save me a bundle. I mean we have to switch rooms at BWI anyway....WWYD SAB peeps? After driving from NJ, a night swimming sounds great, plus I can literally walk over to BWI in the morning to confirm all of our check in details. Decisions.....

Hello, Chocolate Junkies...

Should I have the devil's food cake or the fruit?

:hug:

Hi! We just finalized our trip and will be staying at Disney's Beach Club Oct 1st - October 8th.

I have stayed at the beach club many times but this is my first time with an infant. He will be 1 year old when we go in fact we will be celebrating his actual 1st birthday while we are there (Oct 5th)

I had two quick questions. Would you suggest I book a room with a King Bed and have a crib brought in for extra space. It is only myself, husband and baby

also there are a couple of instances where we would need to take cabs to dinners etc. Can the taxi concierge arrange taxis for us with a car seat for the baby??

thank you for your help

and any other beach club trips for traveling with the baby would be a big help feel like such a rookie planning this trip so many extra things to consider

It's been a few years (4/5) since we needed a car seat but we found it no problem to just ask bell services to order us a cab and inform them we needed a carseat. Sometimes it meant we had to wait a little longer other times the cab out front had a car seat or booster in the boot. We tended to only use Mears cabs. Hope this helps :)

Chocolate Lovers Kitchen Sink: 3 scoops chocolate ice cream, 3 scoops cookies and cream, 2 scoops vanilla, 4 brownies, 4 oreos, 2 milky ways, caramel syrup, chocolate syrup, chocolate chips, white and dark chocolate shavings, and a WHOLE CAN OF WHIP CREAM!!!!! It was amazing.

The walk to the YC bus stop from the BC would be about 5 minutes at most. I think it would be worth doing if you are intent on getting to the MK early.
Thank you so much for the information!! Going to order the Chocolate Kitchen sink for sure!! And, we will be starting are walking early by heading to the YC bus stop!!

We were at the YC for our first visit with an infant in December. He was 22 months. You can ask for either a crib or pack 'n play. We requested a King and had the perfect amount of room for the three of us. We rely on Disney transportation for everything. (live downtown Chicago so we are used to mass transit and our son loves it - still talks about the monorail, bus to MK, etc, on an almost daily basis). Two best ease of travel trips:

On the bus, I would usually carry our son or put him in a carrier while my DH dealt with the stroller. Then when we got to the parks it was so much easier to get through security. I would put DS in stroller with no bag or leave him in carrier, and push empty stroller and walk right in while DH went through security lines with bags. This worked so well for us. One less line for our son, and somehow the stroller going through security even if prepared ahead of time, took more time. (this was immediately before they implemented tighter security practices though)

ANOTHER HUGE TIP - use an umbrella stroller with a basket. Honestly, this was the BEST decision we made and dramatically impacted our trip in positive ways. Not to go 100% off topic. But all day long we saw tons of parents struggling with strollers, kids, bags and the buses, etc. (actually witnessed a massive fight between two families on the bus back to the YC/BC about their strollers, bags and the kids taking seats on the bus) We NEVER had any issues. We took a nicer umbrella stroller that folded up in seconds easily, extremely light and we would just pop on and off of transportation with ease. We could also navigate even tighter spaces/crowds with ease. We were stopped numerous times by other parents telling us they wish they had done the same and wanting to know our our stroller make and model. This worked for us because naps we not in the stroller but back in the room. (for the record, if renting a stroller, our "stroller" is the city mini GT at home which we LOVE, but does get really heavy quickly. We were so happy we left it at home). Our stroller "footprint" was much smaller and it did make a huge difference.

Look into Uber Family. I thought I read that was now an option in Orlando.

At SAB there were always tons of buckets and shovels laying around so thankfully we didn't bring anything from home.

We brought all of DS snacks from home. Usually he shares our meals, but the few times we had to get him something for dinner separately, we ended up at the Boardwalk Bakery. Check out the kid menus in the area since I was surprised they offered different options. (Mac and Cheese at Boardwalk, but not the Marketplace, etc). I could not find whole milk anywhere.

Let me know if you have any other specific questions.

Does anyone know if the daybeds are in every room at Beach Club? Also, do you know if housekeeping places bed rails upon request on daybeds? I've been seeing conflicting info on both. Thanks!

Does anyone know if the daybeds are in every room at Beach Club? Also, do you know if housekeeping places bed rails upon request on daybeds? I've been seeing conflicting info on both. Thanks!
Not all of the rooms have daybeds. Families of five get priority for daybeds. Other guests can request them, but it is not guaranteed.

You can request bed rails for the beds, including the daybed. :)

No, not all rooms have a daybed. But if you're a party of 5, you will get precedent over smaller parties. And they will bring you a roll away if for some reason they couldn't get you in a room with a daybed.

When we've requested bed rails they have always just been delivered to our room. Never been installed.

The last time we ordered The Kitchen Sink, we requested that the coffee flavored ice cream be omitted. None of us like that. They just replaced it with vanilla or chocolate. :)

I didn't know Disney allowed Uber. Can someone provide a phone number for them? That sounds like a great idea! The older I get, the less patience I have waiting for the bus. lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter