Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Thanks to everyone who answered my questions about on-line check in (not sure we should do it). I still have unanswered questions maybe someone can help me with: I wasn't sure what to request on on-line check in if we do it. I just don't want to be far away from an exit (stairs are fine) bc we don't like walking a country mile in the long wings; Can someone tell me, for YC, are there several stairways or "secret exits"; are there maps anyone can point me to? Should I just call or fax in this request? We don't necessarily need to be near the lobby or elevator, but we would like to be able to enter/exit through a stair way so that we can walk outside rather than in a long windy corridor. Thank you in advance!

Thanks to everyone who answered my questions about on-line check in (not sure we should do it). I still have unanswered questions maybe someone can help me with: I wasn't sure what to request on on-line check in if we do it. I just don't want to be far away from an exit (stairs are fine) bc we don't like walking a country mile in the long wings; Can someone tell me, for YC, are there several stairways or "secret exits"; are there maps anyone can point me to? Should I just call or fax in this request? We don't necessarily need to be near the lobby or elevator, but we would like to be able to enter/exit through a stair way so that we can walk outside rather than in a long windy corridor. Thank you in advance!

This may help you with where the exits are [From page 1 of this thread].

http://web.archive.org/web/20110709015441/http://www.disneyzone.net/ycresort.htm

Thank you. Is the one elevator near housekeeping only for housekeeping? And are the black boxes (abutments near end of wings) stairwells?

I believe this accessible by guests but also think this might put you out on the grass near the woods close to the utility path between the Dolphin and YC. Exits by rooms 1011 and 1067 would put you out on the walkway that abuts Crescent Lake. Exits by 1072 and 1105 will get you to the Quiet Pool.

I believe this accessible by guests but also think this might put you out on the grass near the woods close to the utility path between the Dolphin and YC. Exits by rooms 1011 and 1067 would put you out on the walkway that abuts Crescent Lake. Exits by 1072 and 1105 will get you to the Quiet Pool.

Thank you! This was the info I was looking for. Few last questions: Are guests able to enter a stairwell from outside? (Is this allowed)? And would I be able to request "near an exit" rather than just "near lobby" or "near elevators" do you know?

Thank you! This was the info I was looking for. Few last questions: Are guests able to enter a stairwell from outside? (Is this allowed)? And would I be able to request "near an exit" rather than just "near lobby" or "near elevators" do you know?

Yes, guests can enter these "exits" from the outside. I would call and ask to have your reservation note that you would like to be close to an exit. I don't think this is an option for the online check-in process.

Hi there, we are planning on staying at BC for the first time in any Epcot Resort! We've never even visited Epcot resort area, so we are very excited. My kids are now 7 & 4, so they should have a blast in the famous pool as well.

I tried to search web for the equipment available at Shipshape Fitness (gym), but can't find the information I'm looking for. My husband is a gym nut, and he is wondering if Shipshape Fitness has some decent dunbells......not the lighter ones, but the ones like 50-60-70lbs dunbells. If anyone knows please let me know!!

Thanks!

Hi there, we are planning on staying at BC for the first time in any Epcot Resort! We've never even visited Epcot resort area, so we are very excited. My kids are now 7 & 4, so they should have a blast in the famous pool as well.

I tried to search web for the equipment available at Shipshape Fitness (gym), but can't find the information I'm looking for. My husband is a gym nut, and he is wondering if Shipshape Fitness has some decent dunbells......not the lighter ones, but the ones like 50-60-70lbs dunbells. If anyone knows please let me know!!

Thanks!

Yes, Shipshape Fitness has a rack of dumbbells. I know for sure that they go up to at least 50 lbs. but don't recall if they had anything beyond that.
I know I wasn't using them! :sad2: Just thought I would weigh in! :rolleyes1

Thanks!

:welcome: to the thread!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1 of this thread. October?

:woohoo:

Speaking of Page 1... In Post 5, Amenities, there are some pictures of the Shipshape Fitness Club. Not sure if you have seen them, or if you can tell if the weights are what he is looking for. Make sure you check out the link to more pictures. Pretty sure I see weight benches.

:yay:

page 445-448

:welcome: back!

Of course!

:cool1:

Thank you so much for posting your experience. The only consistent thing is inconsistency!

:lmao:

Thank you as well. I look forward to hearing your success with this service.

:thumbsup2

Thank you so much for your comments!

May I add a link to your comparison to the review section (Post 16) on Page 1 of this thread?

:goodvibes

That's how I feel about the area, too! Beach Club/Yacht Club are my favorites, but if I couldn't stay there, I would go for location at the BW.

May I include your comparison to the review section as well?

Wishing you a fantastic trip!!!

:thumbsup2

Will do- have a great time across the pond.

:cool2:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list on Page 1.

I'll add you to the list.

Your post made me smile. My first trip report was titled "3rd Annual We are NEVER going to Disney in the Summer Again!"

We were at All Star Music in 2008 during Tropical Storm Faye. My son was sick from dehydration and then it rained for 4 days straight. I think my sneakers are still wet from that trip! When we were in the plane on the way home, my DH uttered those fateful words. Then a few months later, when Disney offered the Pay for 4, Stay for 7 deal, we were back, this time at BC. And have returned to Florida (at least I have) every summer since.

:lmao:

You can include my Board Walk/Beach Club comparison.

NateBenMA - Yes you can use my comparison. Thanks for updating me off BoG list as well. It was like I jinxed myself by talking about BWI! LOL
If you want to add these thoughts to my comparison you may:
I'm noticing how the feature Clown pool is actually at BWV and not BWI.
I was a bit upset to see the reformed BC rooms as looking more "high end hotel" and less "Disney Deluxe", but now that I'm looking at photos of the BWI rooms, I'll take the less magical BC rooms any day! (BWI rooms have dark spindle post bed, green carpet and pink sofa. I'm not really a hotel snob, but YUCK!) Oh well, a gaudy room at Disney is better than sleeping in my own room at home! ;-)

I've been pinching myself because I cannot believe I will be spending next week at Disney and staying at the YC. We will be there from 4/3 to 4/9! Thank you all for this wonderful thread!
have a magical trip and make sure to post pics :):)

Yes, Shipshape Fitness has a rack of dumbbells. I know for sure that they go up to at least 50 lbs. but don't recall if they had anything beyond that.
I know I wasn't using them! :sad2: Just thought I would weigh in! :rolleyes1

Thanks! I'll have him go and take a look, but if 50lbs is the heaviest they have then that may not work out....Oh well, he can take some time off :)

:welcome: to the thread!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1 of this thread. October?

Speaking of Page 1... In Post 5, Amenities, there are some pictures of the Shipshape Fitness Club. Not sure if you have seen them, or if you can tell if the weights are what he is looking for. Make sure you check out the link to more pictures. Pretty sure I see weight benches.

:yay:

Yes, I checked out the pictures and Dumbbells in the rack didn't seem heavy enough for him. But if they have bench press equipment, that is something he can do!

Our trip is Oct 23rd to Nov 1st......very excited!

Yes, I checked out the pictures and Dumbbells in the rack didn't seem heavy enough for him. But if they have bench press equipment, that is something he can do!

Our trip is Oct 23rd to Nov 1st......very excited!

Did you see benches in this link? I think this is a weight bench, but then again, my workout is at the pool:

To see more photos of the Ship Shape Health Club (taken by spacy9), click here! Ship Shape Health Club

Online check-in for BCV is in 6 days and I'm starting to get REALLY excited. I've been trying to figure out what requests to put in for the best shot at a refurbed room. I'm thinking woods view? I'd like canal view, but I'm having a hard time picturing where the newer rooms are.

Just wanting to say thanks again for all of the info available on this thread! I also appreciate the efforts to collect more info specific to BCV. I'll be happy to share my pics and room view stuff once my trip is over.

Quick question - I feel as if I read this answer somewhere, but it is escaping me...We are staying at YC and we have a breakfast planned at GG. Are we able to go in though the International Gateway entrance and go to Future World through the UK, Canada side? But the other way is closed off until 11am? Is that a memory that is accurate?

You are correct! Before 11am you can get into France, back to the bakery area and pass through to Future World via the International Gateway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter