Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Hey everyone! Little bit about us, we're a family of four who will be doing a split stay between BCV and AKL KV! Anyway, we were originally book for 2 nights at Pop Century, but I found that I could rent points for about $150 more to stay deluxe so that's what we're doing. We'll be there Nov 29th-Dec 1st.

I know absolutely nothing about BCV. Bear with me if these are repeat questions!

1. I'm having a total brain fart, are there different views with the studios? I'm looking at my reservation and I don't see a "view" selection.

2. How far of a walk is it to the SAB from the villa area? To Beaches and Cream?

3. What is the best option for a QS meal for an evening arrival?

Page 444
Hi! Happy Easter Everyone! :flower1:
I tried the FAQ post on page 1- so sorry if I missed this- but where are the places to refill the mugs at the YC? We were BC but moved- so I had marked down we can refill at BC Marketplace and Hurricane Hannah's- Is there also a place at the YC? I think we will probably be getting coffee for breakfast, and my son would need something other than coffee- juice maybe? (But we need some quick coffee in the am...that's for sure!! :coffee:) Then the afternoons- we would probably just be filling up at Hurricane Hannah's. Thanks so much!

I have never used refill mugs at either the Beach or Yacht Club, so I need to rely on information from others.

I would love to hear from guests who have used Ale & Compass to get drinks in their refill mugs.

Wood Nymph responded with some info about Ale & Compass, the lounge in the lobby of the Yacht Club. As she indicated, guests have had different experiences with refills there.

As far as I know, you can get coffee for your refill mug here in the morning hours, before the bar is "open" and operating as a lounge. If anyone has had trouble getting coffee there in the morning, please let us know.

As far as other drinks available at the bar, they should be able to fill a refill mug with soft drinks that they have, but I don't know if they will do this, or if it depends on time of day or later in the day, how busy they are.

I have no idea about juice- can you get this for refill mugs anywhere? I don't know if the Ale & Compass has any grab and go juice for sale, or just juice through the bar dispenser (do they sell that in the morning)? You could also get a few small bottles, or a larger container of juice to keep in the fridge in your room.

ETA- see MammaBerd's reply below. Milk and juice not included as a refill mug beverage.

:drinking1

Happy Easter everyone. I don't think I have posted here yet but we are headed to the Beach CLub for our first time 8/14 - 8/19. We are so excited. Well I guess I should say I am extremely excited; the rest of the fam doesn't really know anything about all of the Disney resorts. All that I have told them that it is definitely an upgrade from where we have stayed in the past. I don't want to build it up too much because I myself don't know know what to expect.. This will ony be our third time at WDW. First time, stayed offsite and that was over 12 years ago. Then in 2013 only my and my son went and stayed at POP and had an absolute blast. Now this time since the whole fam is going which includes 3 adults; I knew we would either have to get 2 rooms at POP to spread out or look at another resort. I also never dreamed we could afford Beach Club. *snip* It is a standard view so I would like any advice on what to ask for as far as room location. Definitely would prefer a full balcony and close to lobby. Also do you have any tips and tricks you can give this newbie? Any must do activities? Thanks in advance..

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1.

:cool1:

Speaking of Page 1, when you get a chance, read over Post 4 (Activities), Post 13 (FAQ) and Post 14 (Other Useful Info) for some ideas about activities, tips and tricks. My favorite tip is knowing the location of the "Secret" Exit/Entrance to the Beach Club near room 1501.

"Full balcony, please. Close to lobby if possible" is my suggestion for the room request you want.

Follow along and ask any questions you wish and we will try to help.

:goodvibes

:) Yes second week of April. Very much looking forward to going back - I stayed at BC last year and had a blast but I think my parents would prefer YC.

1F

:thumbsup2

My family will be going back to our favorite resort, BCV from 8/21 - 9/3.

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the list.

:woohoo:

Hey everyone! Little bit about us, we're a family of four who will be doing a split stay between BCV and AKL KV! Anyway, we were originally book for 2 nights at Pop Century, but I found that I could rent points for about $150 more to stay deluxe so that's what we're doing. We'll be there Nov 29th-Dec 1st.

I know absolutely nothing about BCV. Bear with me if these are repeat questions!

1. I'm having a total brain fart, are there different views with the studios? I'm looking at my reservation and I don't see a "view" selection.

2. How far of a walk is it to the SAB from the villa area? To Beaches and Cream?

3. What is the best option for a QS meal for an evening arrival?

:welcome: and thanks for the introduction.

:cheer2:

1. I don't believe BCV have bookable views, but I think as a room request, you can say things like "EPCOT side" or "quiet pool view"

2. I haven't stayed at BCV, so hopefully others can answer your question about distance/time, but would love to hear from others with estimates.

3. How late are you arriving?

I think your best bet is to grab something from the Beach Club Marketplace. I believe they are open until 11 pm, and have things like sandwiches, salads, soup and some grab and go items.

Depending on when you arrive, Hurricane Hanna's by the pool may be open.

I'll post the published menus in the next post.

Last edited:
Beach Club Marketplace Lunch/Dinner Menu
some grab and go options also available like premade sandwiches.

Soups/Salads
Caesar Salad with Chicken $9.79

Grain Arugula Salad - with vegetables, feta and lemon vinagrette $9.49

New England Clam Chowder $4.19

Soup of the Day $3.49 - $4.19

Flatbreads
Individual Cheese Flatbread $9.49

Individual Pepperoni Flatbread $9.99

Entrees
Turkey Sandwich - with Bacon, Brie, and Cranberry Spread on a multi-grain roll. Served with choice of Side Salad or House-Made Chips $10.49

Ham and Gruyere Sandwich - served with mustard sauce on a multigrain roll. Served with choice of Side Salad or House-Made Chips $9.49

Roast Beef Sandwich - with Gravy, Horseradish Cream, and Cheddar on a sub roll. Served with choice of Side Salad or House-Made Chips $9.49

For Children Ages 3-9
Cheese Pizza $5.99

Turkey Sandwich $5.99

Hurricane Hanna's Menu

Entrees

1/3 lb Angus Cheeseburger - served with French Fries or Apple Slaw $10.19

Hanna's 1/3 lb. Bacon Angus Cheeseburger - with smoked Cheddar and Hanna's Steak Sauce. Served with French Fries or Apple Slaw $10.99

Grilled Chicken Sandwich - with arugula and sun-dried tomato goat cheese $10.19

Pulled Pork Sandwich - with cider vinaigrette and apple slaw. Includes french fries or apple slaw. $9.49

Lobster, Shrimp and Scallop Roll - on Parker House Bread with Citrus Mayonnaise. Served with French Fries or Apple Slaw $11.29

Chopped Field Greens Salad - with Chicken, Blue Cheese, dried cranberries, and Orange Vinaigrette $9.69

Vegetarian Falafel Flatbread - with hummus, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, and soy Tzatziki sauce $10.29

Chef Salad - with field greens, turkey, ham, and smoked gouda $10.19

For Children Ages 3-9
Grilled Chicken Sandwich - served in a Sand Pail with Carrots and Grapes, includes choice of small Lowfat Milk or small bottled Water. $10.19

Turkey Sandwich on Goldfish Bread - served in a Sand Pail with Carrots and Grapes, includes choice of small Lowfat Milk or small bottled Water $8.79

Cheeseburger - served in a Sand Pail with Carrots and Grapes, includes choice of small Lowfat Milk or small bottled Water $8.79

Chicken Nuggets - served in a Sand Pail with Carrots and Grapes, includes choice of small Lowfat Milk or small bottled Water $8.79

I tried the FAQ post on page 1- so sorry if I missed this- but where are the places to refill the mugs at the YC? We were BC but moved- so I had marked down we can refill at BC Marketplace and Hurricane Hannah's- Is there also a place at the YC? I think we will probably be getting coffee for breakfast, and my son would need something other than coffee- juice maybe? (But we need some quick coffee in the am...that's for sure!! :coffee:) Then the afternoons- we would probably just be filling up at Hurricane Hannah's. Thanks so much!

I recently did some reading up on the mugs, and milk and juice are not included for the Rapid Fill mugs. So, you may decide it isn't worth it to get one for your son.

BCV refurbishment- looking for news and PICTURES!!!

Is there anyone at BCV now, or who will be checking in soon, who can check on the progress of the BCV room renovations? Are they doing one floor at a time or completing a wing, top to bottom before moving on to another wing?

So far the only direct confirmation we have had is that some rooms on the 5th floor have been completed and are open for guests- including rooms 539, 540, 547. But I suspect more rooms have been done.

@to be tink provided a sneak peak of a few completed rooms here but we haven't had any pictures posted from guests staying in a renovated room.

Looking forward to seeing more!!!

Page 444

I have never used refill mugs at either the Beach or Yacht Club, so I need to rely on information from others.

I would love to hear from guests who have used Ale & Compass to get drinks in their refill mugs.

Wood Nymph responded with some info about Ale & Compass, the lounge in the lobby of the Yacht Club. As she indicated, guests have had different experiences with refills there.

As far as I know, you can get coffee for your refill mug here in the morning hours, before the bar is "open" and operating as a lounge. If anyone has had trouble getting coffee there in the morning, please let us know.

As far as other drinks available at the bar, they should be able to fill a refill mug with soft drinks that they have, but I don't know if they will do this, or if it depends on time of day or later in the day, how busy they are.

I have no idea about juice- can you get this for refill mugs anywhere? I don't know if the Ale & Compass has any grab and go juice for sale, or just juice through the bar dispenser (do they sell that in the morning)? You could also get a few small bottles, or a larger container of juice to keep in the fridge in your room.

ETA- see MammaBerd's reply below. Milk and juice not included as a refill mug beverage.

:welcome:

:cool1:

Speaking of Page 1, when you get a chance, read over Post 4 (Activities), Post 13 (FAQ) and Post 14 (Other Useful Info) for some ideas about activities, tips and tricks. My favorite tip is knowing the location of the "Secret" Exit/Entrance to the Beach Club near room 1501.

"Full balcony, please. Close to lobby if possible" is my suggestion for the room request you want.

Follow along and ask any questions you wish and we will try to help.

:goodvibes

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the list.

:woohoo:

:welcome: and thanks for the introduction.

:cheer2:

1. I don't believe BCV have bookable views, but I think as a room request, you can say things like "EPCOT side" or "quiet pool view"

2. I haven't stayed at BCV, so hopefully others can answer your question about distance/time, but would love to hear from others with estimates.

3. How late are you arriving?

I think your best bet is to grab something from the Beach Club Marketplace. I believe they are open until 11 pm, and have things like sandwiches, salads, soup and some grab and go items.

Depending on when you arrive, Hurricane Hanna's by the pool may be open.

I'll post the published menus in the next post.

1. Early on for the BCVs there were bookable views; quiet pool, woods, and Epcot view. These have gone by the wayside as most of the non quiet pool views have been overtaken by trees thus defaulting to woods view. For the higher floors, mainly 4 and 5 there are some limited Epcot views where you can get a glimpse of SE and higher Illuminations fireworks. I have pictures of views from both sides if you want to see them for comparison sake.

2. 5 minute walk from the villas to Stormalong bay and/or Beaches and Cream. One of the entrances to Stormalong bay is just outside of Beaches and Cream. There are 3 other entry points for SAB if my memory serves me correctly. From the main lobby of BCV you can either proceed past the marketplace [more of an indoor route] through the main lobby, past Cape May Restaurant and you reach your destination. You can also stay outside, past the Solarium which will bring you to the front entrance of the BC resort. Through the lobby, past Cape May.......

3. Agree that the Marketplace is the best [closest option] for QS. If you're feeling adventurous and want to explore, there's a pizza window over at the Boardwalk and a QS alternative at the Dolphin Resort [Picabus].

Thanks so much for the tips! :thanks:That's great that Ale and Compass has coffee! Yes- I don't remember seeing juice at POFQ when we were there- I was just HOPING that there were kid options that aren't soda. We will have milk in the room for sure and maybe juice. Maybe we just use his for at Hurricane Hannah's. It's different that there isn't a food court, I am not even sure where we pick up our mugs! We decided to add the dining plan after a few restaurants that we are going to increased their prices... glad I did because a few days later the dining plan went up! So- we are actually saving about $200 using the dining plan. The mug is a bonus for him... I'll make up for it with coffee!! :hyper: Thanks for all your helpful tips!! I have read and re-read the page one tips- so useful- I am so happy I was warned about the buses to Disney Springs! And the secret door! You guys on here are helpful and so funny- thanks for making me feel welcome already! 32 days to go!!

Page 444

I recently did some reading up on the mugs, and milk and juice are not included for the Rapid Fill mugs. So, you may decide it isn't worth it to get one for your son.

:thanks: MommaBerd! It's hard to find lots of information! I appreciate! I was saying in the last post- at the food courts- it's sort of easy to figure where to go and what is there! Do you know if we can get a mug at Hurricane Hannah's or do you think we will have to go to BC Marketplace? I am so excited for this trip- a big part of the fun of it will we checking out the resort and everything there! I have nice long breaks planned everyday... 32 days, so excited!! I have been reading all about the Flower and Garden Festival, too- many new things for us this trip! :daisy::flower2::rose:

Page 444

Hi Dee,

We had no issue using our refillable mugs for coffee at Ale and Compass in March. In fact, we just went over to the coffee urns, filled up our cups and added our milk or cream. There was no milk out at the back station but the baristas had milk available behind the counter if you asked for it. There were no soft drinks available at Ale and Compass that I could see. Hope this helps!

Susan

Hi Dee,

We had no issue using our refillable mugs for coffee at Ale and Compass in March. In fact, we just went over to the coffee urns, filled up our cups and added our milk or cream. There was no milk out at the back station but the baristas had milk available behind the counter if you asked for it. There were no soft drinks available at Ale and Compass that I could see. Hope this helps!

Susan

You can pick up your refillable mugs at Ale and Compass. If you don't see them on display then they will be behind the bar. There are lots of mugs at the BC Marketplace, so if they don't have your color at Ale and Compass you can pick it up there.

They also sell beverages at the YC gift shop. You should be able to buy milk and juice there.

I didn't realize there was a separate entrance for BCV. Is it a separate registration desk from the main lobby of the hotel?

And our flight lands at 7pm. We've used ME before and I think we'll get our bags ourselves so I'm hoping to be at BCV by 9pm. Who knows, maybe we'll just want an ice cream from beaches and cream and then call it a night.

I didn't realize there was a separate entrance for BCV. Is it a separate registration desk from the main lobby of the hotel?

And our flight lands at 7pm. We've used ME before and I think we'll get our bags ourselves so I'm hoping to be at BCV by 9pm. Who knows, maybe we'll just want an ice cream from beaches and cream and then call it a night.

There has been a CM stationed in the BCV lobby during normal business hours. But I don't think they are there later in the day. You will most likely have to check in at the BC lobby with your late arrival time. :)

BCV lobby has a one person [CM] staffed concierge /checkin counter which operates from 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM. You can check in here if you like, but I would recommend the BC main lobby which handles all checkin and guest services for BC and BCV.

ETA...Wood Nymph beat me to the punch!

BCV lobby has a one person [CM] staffed concierge /checkin counter which operates from 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM. You can check in here if you like, but I would recommend the BC main lobby which handles all checkin and guest services for BC and BCV.

ETA...Wood Nymph beat me to the punch!
You confirmed the hours of the CM. I wasn't exactly sure what time they left the BCV lobby. :)

For YC guests asking about refillable mugs - you can also refill your mug at Beaches and Cream. Much more limited selection though and honestly, probably quicker to walk to BC Marketplace. One evening after Hurricane Hannah's refill spot was closed, I decided to save the time and go there since we just wanted soda. You go in the right side door and wait in line with people ordering to-go items. The CM don't actually take your mug though. They ask what you want, fill a cup and pour it into your mug for you. There was only one family in front of me and I was surprised at how long it took. Plus, no Coke Zero, our preferred soda pick.

I'm curious if what I've been reading is accurate. We're set to arrive at BC in one month (yay!). Out of curiosity, I went on Trip Advisor to take a peek at recent reviews and photos of the rooms. There are a handful of reviews in the last few weeks that say that the BC lobby smells like seafood. I really hate the smell of seafood. Even if I really liked to eat seafood, I wouldn't want the lobby of a deluxe hotel to smell like it. We've stayed at GF and Contemporary, and part of what I loved about GF particularly was the lobby smell. The notion that the BC lobby smells like seafood seems plausible to me, since Cape May is there or at least nearby, yes? So, BC experts: is this true? Should I prepare myself to hold my breath everytime we walk through? :fish:Hoping not!

Last edited:
I'm curious if what I've been reading is accurate. We're set to arrive at BC in one month (yay!). Out of curiosity, I went on Trip Advisor to take a peek at recent reviews and photos of the rooms. There are a handful of reviews in the last few weeks that say that the BC lobby smells like seafood. I really hate the smell of seafood. Even if I really liked to eat seafood, I wouldn't want the lobby of a deluxe hotel to smell like it. We've stayed at GF and Contemporary, and part of what I loved about GF in particularly was the lobby smell. The notion that the BC lobby smells like seafood seems plausible to me, since Cape May is there or at least nearby, yes? So, BC experts: is this true? Should I prepare myself to hold my breath everytime we walk through? :fish:Hoping not!

Not true - I love the smell of the BC lobby! The only time I smelled seafood was when actually walking right by Cape May Cafe at dinner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter