Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Just for clarification, No to the in-laws because you need a magic band with proof you are staying at the BC to enter the pool area. So your son could enter, but your in-laws could not.

Two part question: We are staying in September, family of 5, We've never stayed at the YC before. We have a SV booked. Two questions: Should I bother doing on-line check in? I can't see the benefit (we should be checking in around 3:30pm) bc it seems it benefits the hotels, not us, when I've done it in the past. My requests never seem to be met until I actually go back down and speak with front desk. And (not at a Disney Resort) when we do not do on-line check in, and check in in person, we've been upgraded in the past. Just looking for feedback on pros/cons. Or, if I do end up doing on-line check in, should I request being near elevators (we don't necessarily need to be near an elevator, but the hike seems long if you're not). How many "secret entrances" and stair cases are there for us to use if we are on a far wing? (We're not afraid of stairs, just hate the winding hallways if we can be outside). Just wondering what to request if we do on-line check in (high floor?) . We won't need to request daybed since there are 5 of us, and I assume every room has balcony. I know with SV, it's up in the air, so just trying to figure out. Thanks in advance!!
I really think it depends on when you are traveling and how busy they may be. I never used online check-in, until this past November and I loved it, so I am using it again this trip. I got all of my requests, and a text that my room was ready while waiting in line for DME. Knowing my room was ready before arriving at the resort was really great. I also had my TA make requests on my reservation and used Touring Plans Room Request Fax, and got the room I requested - this was for POR. We are staying at BC in September this year, so I am not sure if we will get as lucky as last time, but it won't hurt to do online check-in. I like the fact that they know when to expect your arrival with online check-in. If we have any issues with our room assignment, I will just go to the front desk.

Two part question: We are staying in September, family of 5, We've never stayed at the YC before. We have a SV booked. Two questions: Should I bother doing on-line check in? I can't see the benefit (we should be checking in around 3:30pm) bc it seems it benefits the hotels, not us, when I've done it in the past. My requests never seem to be met until I actually go back down and speak with front desk. And (not at a Disney Resort) when we do not do on-line check in, and check in in person, we've been upgraded in the past. Just looking for feedback on pros/cons. Or, if I do end up doing on-line check in, should I request being near elevators (we don't necessarily need to be near an elevator, but the hike seems long if you're not). How many "secret entrances" and stair cases are there for us to use if we are on a far wing? (We're not afraid of stairs, just hate the winding hallways if we can be outside). Just wondering what to request if we do on-line check in (high floor?) . We won't need to request daybed since there are 5 of us, and I assume every room has balcony. I know with SV, it's up in the air, so just trying to figure out. Thanks in advance!!

I have only done online check in once (CBR), and we still had to go to the front desk to check in, when 4:00 pm or so rolled around and we hadn't received a text. I think it was maybe because the floor/buildings I had requested were not available, but they ended up upgrading us to a preferred room, ground floor, garden view. Not sure why they couldn't have just done that without us going in, but I guess there are some people who complain when they get an upgrade (??). At both the BC and Poly I have not done online check in and it was easy and quick in person, our room requests were met exactly, and our rooms were available right away at 6:30 am (and both were at busy times of the year).

Where would be the best place to just lay around the main pool that was not what you would call the busy area. I understand about the quiet pools, but I would rather not go to those pools. Do you have any suggestions on what area to be able to lay back, relax, and maybe read a book.

Where would be the best place to just lay around the main pool that was not what you would call the busy area. I understand about the quiet pools, but I would rather not go to those pools. Do you have any suggestions on what area to be able to lay back, relax, and maybe read a book.
You can wander around and try to pick a peaceful area. If you are there during the afternoon pool parties it's really hard to find anyplace quiet.

Apologies if this has been addressed before- My husband, son and I will be staying at Yacht Club next month. My in-laws will be staying at the Swan. Is there any way for my in-laws to take my son to Stormalong Bay while my husband and I visit the parks? I'm not looking to break any rules! I've got a water-slide obsessed 5-year old and an opportunity for some time alone in the parks with my husband while his grandparents can watch him- if we can figure out if this is allowed...
There is a kids playground at the Swan and Dolphin pool, which they don't have at the YC. It will be easier for your in-laws to watch your son at the Swan/Dolphin pool, too.

The upper deck might be a good option. There's also a somewhat quiet spot on the back side of the "bubbling bay" section of the pool. Another option may be to set up a lounge chair on the beach section across the way from Stormalong Bay.

There is a kids playground at the Swan and Dolphin pool, which they don't have at the YC. It will be easier for your in-laws to watch your son at the Swan/Dolphin pool, too.

It has a great slide too - my kids love the pool at the Swan/Dolphin. And Picabu or The Fountain is a great place for kid friendly food.

This was our best pool view room to date. Makes me want to go back in April but we are trying out gf for the first time
D5CFBF6D-B5A0-4FF5-A61D-D7D11B4B0D9C_zpsecbmf72f.jpg

I know about 50% of the rooms at BC have full balconies, but is that split the same no matter the room category? We have a standard view booked but a balcony is very important to us so we would consider upgrading if it would increase our chances.

We arrive at the BC later today :). We have early ressies before park opening, can we drive our car or would we still have to pay for parking even though we are staying onsite? Trying to decide if we should drive, cab or uber? Ressies at MK

We arrive at the BC later today :). We have early ressies before park opening, can we drive our car or would we still have to pay for parking even though we are staying onsite?

Parking is free at the parks if you are staying On Site.

Trying to decide if we should drive, cab or uber? Ressies at MK

Personally, I would take the bus. If you drive, Uber or cab it you will have to park or be dropped off at the Ticket and Transportation Center then monorail or boat over to MK. The bus will drop you off right at the front gate of MK. Buses start rolling at 6:30AM for pre park opening ADRs.

Parking is free at the parks if you are staying On Site.

Personally, I would take the bus. If you drive, Uber or cab it you will have to park or be dropped off at the Ticket and Transportation Center then monorail or boat over to MK. The bus will drop you off right at the front gate of MK. Buses start rolling at 6:30AM for pre park opening ADRs.

Thanks! My concern is that the busses will be super full that early or we may miss the reservation if the busses aren't there on time? We usually visit WDW in Late August/Early Sept when parks are empty, this will be our first time at SPring Break and we know it will be brutal with crowds. Last time we took a cab to the contemporary and walked into MK, avoiding the TTC.. I've heard for early ressies when it's crowded you you have to be at the bus stops and hour earlier than busses roll, so 5:30? Might be too early

This was our best pool view room to date. Makes me want to go back in April but we are trying out gf for the first time
Wow, that is a gorgeous picture. Thanks for posting it. :)

I know about 50% of the rooms at BC have full balconies, but is that split the same no matter the room category? We have a standard view booked but a balcony is very important to us so we would consider upgrading if it would increase our chances.
Club level rooms tend to have about 70% full balconies. And without a formal count, which I swear I am going to do someday, it seems to me that there are more garden view rooms with full balconies than lagoon view rooms, but that is only a guess. And I would guess that standard view rooms are 50/50, since they are mostly on the third and fourth floors. But there is no guarantee so just make a request for full balcony and cross your fingers.

I've heard for early ressies when it's crowded you you have to be at the bus stops and hour earlier than busses roll, so 5:30? Might be too early
The buses start running at 6:30am, so there is no need to be there earlier than that.

just looked it up- 28. I threw in 5 tip because while you don't tip on uber I knew the driver couldn't pick up at mco. They can drop off but not pick up.
Great! Thanks. Seems worth not having to be on a bus yet again. Last year we had many stops on DME on the way to MCO and we seemed to wait awhile at Caribbean Beach. I'm going to keep this in mind for August! I love the fact that you can check your luggage in at the hotel and not carry it back to MCO with you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter