Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

And another heads up!

It appears that the Big Thunder Mountain refurb has been pushed back. Originally scheduled for April to July, it is now listed as being down from 8/8 to 11/19 (BOO!!! During my trip - one of my favorite Disney rides)

I just changed a FP for one of my friends going in mid April.

Go get 'em!

Here's the thread if you want to read about- last pages

Big Thunder Mountain Refurb Changed

:cool1:

Uh oh! My 4 year old has been watching YouTube videos of this ride and would have finally been tall enough in Nov. The Mine train will have to suffice...

We have officially booked our Beach Club vacation for August 10 - August 18. It's my first stay at the Beach Club, so I am very much looking forward to it! I adore the Boardwalk, but I wanted to try something a little different and figured Beach Club was the way to go. We will also be spending one night at All Star Sports, as it was cheaper to fly out first thing on the 19th than the 18th.

I'm so excited to be here with all of you! :banana:
We are going in May and doing the same. All Star Sports first night then heading BC in morning.

Just bought our AP's to keep for when we go back next year!! (Already have the AP's for this year). We figure the price is going up REAL SOON, so why not get them now!!

We don't renew them after they expire. Its usually close to a year before we go again. We went in Dec 2015 and we will be going again Nov 2016. This way we get 2 visits with each AP. We did the math, it works out to saving us about $150 each by buying the AP's then by buying 2 - 8 day park hoppers!!

:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

Does anyone have an update on the renovations of the Beach Club Villas? I read on the first page that some of the fifth and fourth floor rooms were blocked off in mid-January, but was looking to see if anyone knew about progress since then. We are staying there in mid April and are a little concerned about the construction and noise/dust. Thank you!

No update, but I will tell you we were at BW last year during their redo, and while there was noise around mid-day, I did not notice dust and it was quiet in the evenings and early mornings. The only part that we didn't enjoy seems to be part of what they have changed - the halls were not shut off and they redid the carpet outside our room and there was some navigating to get over and around the carpet rolls. Luckily our kids are big and no strollers to navigate over that!

I have 2 questions. From the map it looks like there is only 1 laundry room at BC. Is it hard to get machines to do laundry with only 1 laundry room? My next question is can you swim in SAB after it closes?

Does anyone have an update on the renovations of the Beach Club Villas? I read on the first page that some of the fifth and fourth floor rooms were blocked off in mid-January, but was looking to see if anyone knew about progress since then. We are staying there in mid April and are a little concerned about the construction and noise/dust. Thank you!
I walked over to the villas building and asked the concierge about the construction. He said that they are working on the fifth floor right now. I also walked around the villas pool area but I didn't see any signs of construction in any other area.

I have 2 questions. From the map it looks like there is only 1 laundry room at BC. Is it hard to get machines to do laundry with only 1 laundry room? My next question is can you swim in SAB after it closes?
There are two laundry rooms. The other one is near room 1530.
You can monitor the laundry rooms at the website

http://www.laundryview.com/disneyworld/

The website will tell you how many washers and dryers are available so you don't have to make a trip down there unless there is availability.

SAB is locked up at night and you can't get in once it is closed.

Last edited:

FWIW - rumor of new ice cream shop on the Boardwalk (from DVC News site) :mickeybar:

Disney's BoardWalk entertainment district lost its primary ice cream service venue when Seashore Sweets' closed earlier this month. But if rumors are true, a replacement is already in the works.

Website WDWMagic.com published rumors that Brooklyn-based Ample Hills Creamery will open a location on Disney's BoardWalk later this year.

Ample Hills is reportedly a favorite of Disney Chairman Bob Iger. According to the story, Iger became so enamored with the product that he has aided Ample Hills' owners in an advisory capacity, and cleared hurdles allowing them to secure licensing for Star Wars-themed ice cream products.

Ample Hills Creamery ice cream is hand made from natural and organic ingredients.

The new ice cream parlor will reportedly fill the space formerly occupied by the ESPN Club's video arcade, adjacent to the BoardWalk Bakery. Other rumors suggest that the Seashore Sweets' space will be converted into a lounge and waiting area for diners at Flying Fish Cafe and perhaps Trattoria al Forno.

FWIW - rumor of new ice cream shop on the Boardwalk (from DVC News site) :mickeybar:

Disney's BoardWalk entertainment district lost its primary ice cream service venue when Seashore Sweets' closed earlier this month. But if rumors are true, a replacement is already in the works.

Website WDWMagic.com published rumors that Brooklyn-based Ample Hills Creamery will open a location on Disney's BoardWalk later this year.

Ample Hills is reportedly a favorite of Disney Chairman Bob Iger. According to the story, Iger became so enamored with the product that he has aided Ample Hills' owners in an advisory capacity, and cleared hurdles allowing them to secure licensing for Star Wars-themed ice cream products.

Ample Hills Creamery ice cream is hand made from natural and organic ingredients.

The new ice cream parlor will reportedly fill the space formerly occupied by the ESPN Club's video arcade, adjacent to the BoardWalk Bakery. Other rumors suggest that the Seashore Sweets' space will be converted into a lounge and waiting area for diners at Flying Fish Cafe and perhaps Trattoria al Forno.
They closed the Arcade a couple of days ago. That must be where the new ice cream parlor is going to go. It is next to the bakery.

Thanks for sharing this.

More background on the story:

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2015/12/08/force-is-delicious-with-new-star-wars-ice-creams/

You can order the Star Wars flavors online @ four pints for $36.00 + shipping.

Last edited:
Just been playing around on the Disney website and notice for the Beach Club garden view club level rooms it now says "Views of Disney's Beach Club Resort Gardens or Parking Area", I'm pretty certain when I stayed in the GV CL room before it just say views of the resort gardens. Do you think this is an error or have their just added more rooms to the GV CL category with a view of the parking lot? I have a GV CL booked for April 2017 as I loved it so much before, disappointed if I end up with a view of the parking lot.

There are two laundry rooms. The other one is near room 1530.
You can monitor the laundry rooms at the website laundry view.com/something (I need to look it up). The website will tell you how many washers and dryers are available so you don't have to make a trip down there unless there is availability.

SAB is locked up at night and you can't get in once it is closed.
Aww that stinks about SAB being locked up. What time does it close in June?

Just been playing around on the Disney website and notice for the Beach Club garden view club level rooms it now says "Views of Disney's Beach Club Resort Gardens or Parking Area", I'm pretty certain when I stayed in the GV CL room before it just say views of the resort gardens. Do you think this is an error or have their just added more rooms to the GV CL category with a view of the parking lot? I have a GV CL booked for April 2017 as I loved it so much before, disappointed if I end up with a view of the parking lot.
They have made modifications to various areas of the website. lately. The regular Standard View says "Views of Disney's Beach Club Resort Gardens, Rooftop or Parking Area," while the regular Garden/Woods View states "Views of Disney's Beach Club Resort Gardens." It previously stated that Garden/Woods View had view of gardens or woods, I believe.

They have made modifications to various areas of the website. lately. The regular Standard View says "Views of Disney's Beach Club Resort Gardens, Rooftop or Parking Area," while the regular Garden/Woods View states "Views of Disney's Beach Club Resort Gardens." It previously stated that Garden/Woods View had view of gardens or woods, I believe.

I just went to the Disney website to check on the Beach Club info, and as you said, here are the listings for BC CL SV and BC CL GV

Standard View - Club Level

Views of Rooftop or Parking Area

2 Queen Beds and 1 Day Bed or 2 Queen Beds or 1 Queen Bed and 1 Twin-Size Sleeper Chair and 1 Day Bed or 1 King Bed

Sleeps up to 5 Adults

Garden View - Club Level

Views of Disney's Beach Club Resort Gardens or Parking Area

2 Queen Beds and 1 Day Bed

Sleeps up to 4 Adults

This room type is unavailable for the
dates, party size or offer selected.

As shoreward indicates, for the standard rooms, Standard Views is listed with views of Gardens, Rooftops or Parking area and standard rooms, Garden or Woods Views lists views of Beach Club Gardens.

Several things seem odd to me here.

1) Standard views list gardens view
2) Garden or Woods View category does not list woods view as an option
3) Club level garden rooms are listed with 2 Queens and 1 daybed but occupancy is listed as 4 adults

Some of the Club Level room views may have been re-categorized, but I would not be happy if I was paying more for a garden view room than a standard and I got a parking lot view.

I'm thinking that this is just an "uncharacteristic" mistake of info on the Disney website. :laughing:

Going to go see what the Yacht Club listings look like now.

:goodvibes

Last edited:
CMs have been complaining about the slow Disney website the past few days. They claim that Disney is performing a massive update to their website.

The changes to room categories might be part of the changes.

Can't wait to get away from this cold NY weather! I am really looking forward to hanging out at Stormalong Bay with my family. 55 more days! Not soon enough.

We have a CL Lagoon/Pool View room at the YC. Does anyone know if there are views of the fireworks at HS or Epcot from those rooms?

Last edited:
I just went to the Disney website to check on the Beach Club info, and as you said, here are the listings for BC CL SV and BC CL GV

Garden View - Club Level

Views of Disney's Beach Club Resort Gardens or Parking Area

2 Queen Beds and 1 Day Bed

Sleeps up to 4 Adults

This room type is unavailable for the
dates, party size or offer selected.

As shoreward indicates, for the standard rooms, Standard Views is listed with views of Gardens, Rooftops or Parking area and standard rooms, Garden or Woods Views lists views of Beach Club Gardens.

:goodvibes

Maybe they are chopping down the woods and converting those areas to parking lots. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter