Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Just an FYI hearing that Disney will be raising Ticket Prices this sunday and it will be a tiered or dynamic pricing concept rather than the system we currently have.

Thanks! Any hunch on whether prices will increase or decrease for Fall Season (Nov 12-19). May have to buy tix tomorrow

Not a BC question, but you all are my favorites!
We are booked at POR for April 6-11. Thinking of driving down on 4/5 and staying somewhere between Jacksonville and Disney, maybe right at Disney. Any recommendations, or specific places to avoid? Coming down the dreaded I95 from Raleigh, NC.

Thanks!
You may want to post your query over on the transportation board: http://disboards.com/forums/transportation.16/

And another heads up!

It appears that the Big Thunder Mountain refurb has been pushed back. Originally scheduled for April to July, it is now listed as being down from 8/8 to 11/19 (BOO!!! During my trip - one of my favorite Disney rides)

I just changed a FP for one of my friends going in mid April.

Go get 'em!

Here's the thread if you want to read about- last pages

Big Thunder Mountain Refurb Changed

:cool1:

Boo on the BTM refurm in October.

I'm coming home ... well not quite ... staying at the Cabins but I'm bringing Lily for a Nanny/Lily WDW trip on September 21st for six nights. Since we spend the majority of time at Magic Kingdom, being a boat ride away makes it easy. I tried hard to get her back to Disney this Spring but with the new house and all that is involved, it just isn't working out. But for Jeanne's spring break in mid-March, we are going to Huntington Beach and will spend one or two days at Disneyland. Not the same for sure but it will feed some of her Disney cravings!!!

I am settling in ... it's tough living out of two suitcases but I'm keeping real busy with Jeanne and Lily. I miss my Disney job and being in Florida so much. It seems like my life there with Bob was years ago. It's so hard thinking about it ... so I am doing the best I can and keeping busy and trying not to dwell on the past.

I know the Dis meet is in October this year, but it worked out better for Lily and I in September. However, that doesn't mean I won't come myself in October for the meet.

Miss you all!!!!!!! Hugs, Teena
Hi Teena, glad to hear you are settling in and that you have a lovely trip with your sweet girl to look forward to. The BC lobby won't be the same when we are there without you!

Just an FYI hearing that Disney will be raising Ticket Prices this sunday and it will be a tiered or dynamic pricing concept rather than the system we currently have.

Thanks for the head's up. . .Based on prices increasing, I just bought my APs for our trip starting in July. I figure that the prices won't go down, only up!

We're staying BC at the end of April for a quick, bonus trip (three nights, four days)--first time at BC/YC after several stays at MK resorts. After I made our reservation, we asked my (almost elderly) parents to come along, as they've never been and it would mean a lot to my kids. While we are staying at BC, I could only manage to get my parents a room at YC. Since I'm unfamiliar with the size of the resorts, I'm wondering if someone can tell me how inconvenient this will potentially be, given we'll all be taking busses together and dining together, etc. My parents are not exactly spry anymore, to put it kindly, and they will be relying on me for most details. What are the chances the front desk would be able to move my parents to BC with us? Zero? Maybe? If not, am I going to drive myself nuts walking back and forth every time my mom can't figure out how to send use her new cell phone or show her how her MB works? o_O
I agree with pp. Keep checking to get both your reservations at the same resort. Though they are connected, I agree, it's a bit of walk, especially if you need to help them out often. And like pp said, 45-30 days out when packages are paid for (or cancelled) you should be able to score the ressie. Worst case, call reservations, I can't imagine they couldn't see if they could help you out. Good luck and enjoy.

'm coming home ... well not quite ... staying at the Cabins but I'm bringing Lily for a Nanny/Lily WDW trip on September 21st for six nights.
I'm glad to hear that you and Lily will be returning in Sept. We were going to book those dates with the bounceback deal. Then I got a magical deal for Oct 1st to 5th, which works out better. But I'm sorry that we will miss you by a few days. :(

I miss my Disney job and being in Florida so much.
The BC lobby just isn't the same without you. :(

I hope the construction of your new house is running on schedule so you can move in on time. It will be nice to have your own space again.

And another heads up!

It appears that the Big Thunder Mountain refurb has been pushed back. Originally scheduled for April to July, it is now listed as being down from 8/8 to 11/19 (BOO!!! During my trip - one of my favorite Disney rides)

Go get 'em!

We were bummed about this, since we are going in September.. but there will be new things open when we go, that are closed right now. So I keep thinking of it that way. Very excited for the new Soarin and Frozen ride!

Does anyone have an update on the renovations of the Beach Club Villas? I read on the first page that some of the fifth and fourth floor rooms were blocked off in mid-January, but was looking to see if anyone knew about progress since then. We are staying there in mid April and are a little concerned about the construction and noise/dust. Thank you!

And another heads up!

Go get 'em!

Boo! Is right. I will miss it in August and October. Darn.

I'm coming home ... well not quite ... staying at the Cabins but I'm bringing Lily for a Nanny/Lily WDW trip on September 21st for six nights. Since we spend the majority of time at Magic Kingdom, being a boat ride away makes it easy. I tried hard to get her back to Disney this Spring but with the new house and all that is involved, it just isn't working out. But for Jeanne's spring break in mid-March, we are going to Huntington Beach and will spend one or two days at Disneyland. Not the same for sure but it will feed some of her Disney cravings!!!

I am settling in ... it's tough living out of two suitcases but I'm keeping real busy with Jeanne and Lily. I miss my Disney job and being in Florida so much. It seems like my life there with Bob was years ago. It's so hard thinking about it ... so I am doing the best I can and keeping busy and trying not to dwell on the past.

I know the Dis meet is in October this year, but it worked out better for Lily and I in September. However, that doesn't mean I won't come myself in October for the meet.

Hugs to you. Sounds like a marvelous September plan for you and Lily. And of course so hoping you can make it in October as well. :grouphug:

Miss you too! Come closer to the Dis Meet... You're getting sleepy, sleeeeeepy, sleeeeeeepppppyyyyy, Book the Dis meet dates, Booook the dates, yes, that's it, booook 'em...

Really!?
Hmm... why would someone who doesn't have a trip booked be sad about BTM being closed for refurb??

Closer! Come closer to the Dis Meet... You're getting sleepy, sleeeeeepy, sleeeeeeepppppyyyyy, Book the Dis meet dates, Booook the dates, yes, that's it, booook 'em...

Me thinks that mentally you are committed to coming but you haven't booked yet? You better book a package now to lock in the ticket rates before the big price increase. You can always ditch the package if things don't work out...
Tick tock, tick tock! Saturday seems to be the last day to book before the price increase if you believe the scuttle butt.

~NM
PS Teena hang in there. You are almost settled... weeks away in fact. The house will be here before you know it! Just keep swimming!

Dang, so close yet so far. We leave to go home Aug 27. Will miss you by days :sad:. We have 2 ADRs booked for FW. Breakfast and a dinner at Trails End.

all while cutting services and entertainment. Sheesh.

And another heads up!

Go get 'em!

Noooooooooooooooo :sad2:

And another heads up!

Go get 'em!

Really!?
Hmm... why would someone who doesn't have a trip booked be sad about BTM being closed for refurb??

The only consolation for me about BTM is that in January I shared the Wildest Ride in the Wilderness with two dear friends.

WP_20160108_049.jpg

What fun we had that night!

I think Teena even determined that BTM would be ok for Lily- hopefully she will get a chance to ride in DL.

:goodvibes:

We are finally heading back home after having our four night vacation turn into a six night stay. We thoroughly enjoyed the bonus two days and had a great time. Because of our extra days we were able to have dinner at Trattoria al Forno on Wednesday and Cape May last night. Both were very good. We were also able to go over to Disney Springs for a hot fudge sundae at Ghiridelli's. And then we took the boat to Old Key West so that I could have my favorite fruity drink - the Sultry Seahorse at the Gurgling Suitcase Bar. It was as good as I remember it. Then we grabbed the DHS bus and walked back to the BC.

We had gone over to Disney Springs around 1pm and noticed that the DS bus was shared with all five Epcot resorts - BC, YC, BWI, Swan and Dolphin. I don't know if that is only during the slower daytime hours or not.

Star Wars fireworks - we saw them four times. Twice we had gone into DHS to see them. The third time we had walked up the path to DHS that goes past BWI and had a great view from the path. You only have to walk about 100 feet or so after the bridge and you have a great fireworks view and can hear the music, too. The fourth time we saw the fireworks was unintended. We were coming back from dinner at Trattoria and as we walked past the beach and turned to walk into the main door of the BC, the fireworks went off right over the Boardwalk. It is a very good view right from the beach near where they show the movies at night. You can't hear the music from there, though. By the way, the fireworks were really good and worth the extra trips to see them. :)

Bus to MK - we had gone to MK on Tuesday morning. The park opened at 9am that day when we got to the bus stop around 8:10am. The bus stop was mobbed with people waiting for the MK bus. We knew we would never make it onto that bus so we decided to walk to the YC to get the bus there. I had fully expected us to miss the next MK bus and catch the second one, but we were lucky enough to get on the next MK bus at YC. The YC crowd just about filled up the bus and by the time it got to the BC there was room for only about 15-20 people. I think this kind of crowding most often happens for the pre-park opening times, since we had no trouble getting on a MK bus yesterday that came an hour after park opening. We had never walked over to catch a bus at the YC when staying at the BC before, but I can see where it might be a good idea if you are trying to get into the MK before the park opens.

We got to the MK by 8:45am but they didn't have an opening ceremony that morning. I wonder if it is part of their cutbacks.

Last edited:
We are finally heading back home after having our four night vacation turn into a six night stay. We thoroughly enjoyed the bonus two days and had a great time. Because of our extra days we were able to have dinner at Trattoria al Forno on Wednesday and Cape May last night. Both were very good. We were also able to go over to Disney Springs for a hot fudge sundae at Ghiridelli's. And then we took the boat to Old Key West so that I could have my favorite fruity drink - the Sultry Seahorse at the Gurgling Suitcase Bar. It was as good as I remember it. Then we grabbed the DHS bus and walked back to the BC.

We had gone over to Disney Springs around 1pm and noticed that the DS bus was shared with all five Epcot resorts - BC, YC, BWI, Swan and Dolphin. I don't know if that is only during the slower daytime hours or not.

Star Wars fireworks - we saw them four times. Twice we had gone into DHS to see them. The third time we had walked up the path to DHS that goes past BWI and had a great view from the path. You only have to walk about 100 feet or so after the bridge and you have a great fireworks view and can hear the music, too. The fourth time we saw the fireworks was unintended. We were coming back from dinner at Trattoria and as we walked past the beach and turned to walk into the main door of the BC, the fireworks went off right over the Boardwalk. It is a very good view right from the beach near where they show the movies at night. You can't hear the music from there, though. By the way, the fireworks were really good and worth the extra trips to see them. :)

Bus to MK - we had gone to MK on Tuesday morning. The park opened at 9am that day when we got to the bus stop around 8:10am. The bus stop was mobbed with people waiting for the MK bus. We knew we would never make it onto that bus so we decided to walk to the YC to get the bus there. I had fully expected us to miss the next MK bus and catch the second one, but we were lucky enough to get on the next MK bus at YC. The YC crowd just about filled up the bus and by the time it got to the BC there was room for only about 15-20 people. I think this kind of crowding most often happens for the pre-park opening times, since we had no trouble getting on a MK bus yesterday that came an hour after park opening. We had never walked over to catch a bus at the YC when staying at the BC before, but I can see where it might be a good idea if you are trying to get into the MK before the park opens.

We got to the MK by 8:45am but they didn't have an opening ceremony that morning. I wonder if it is part of their cutbacks.

We watched the Star Wars fireworks in January from the path as well, just adjacent to the Boardwalk Community Hall / Quiet Pool. There's a small set of stairs that connect the vehicle path with the walking path and we plopped ourselves down on those steps and had a great view. Couldn't hear the music but did enjoy the sensational sound echoing off of the Swan Resort! Quick walk back to Epcot to catch Illuminations and the night was complete!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter