Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Here's a picture of the new refillable mugs that debuted at some of the resorts.

I'll be interested in seeing the ones for Yacht & Beach when they are out

View attachment 132059
It's the same across all properties. If you check out the food blog they have pictures from all angles which shows all the resorts. Yacht and Beach are symbolised by the lighthouse at the boat dock.

::yes:::goodvibes

:cool2::cool2:
[QUOTE="natebenma, post: :thumbsup2:goodvibes

Thanks so much for your review. We really don't have many detailed reviews of BCV stays, so I would love permission to add a link to your review to the trip report section on Page 1.

:cool2:[/QUOTE]You can absolutely use the review! Hope that it will help someone for future trips!:goodvibes:disrocks:

I think the new mugs look really cute. Donald looks more than a bit evil in the one being retired.

Watching Mrs. Doubtfire with my kids and I paused it to go get something to drink. My son asked if I was getting myself a buried treasure. I said "close. It's sunken."

Scott, I'm sorry about the house problems. I made a reservation for the BC for next August, but I'm pretty sure it's not going to stick.

page 308-309

I hope all of our Beach & Yacht Club pals (BCV too) had a great Halloween. Such a fun holiday.

Thanks for the birthday likes, everyone! I had a nice, laid back day. Lunch with my family, catching up on the Walking Dead, handing out candy to Trick-or-Treaters.

:cool1:

Hi all :D

I am joining in this thread again as we are staying at the YC for 2 weeks from 21st April! Please add us to the list!

A little info about me...I got so much wonderful info from this thread before our first ever stay there in May this year. This had always been our dream resort, and from the moment we stepped into our room we were hooked. Unfortunately, on our first morning my DH started with a very heavy cold (bordering on flu). After 4 days of him being sick and us being very limited in what we could do, I got it (very kind of him to share :( ). We then had 4 days of being totally confined to our room, apart from a trip to Centracare, while I enjoyed a bout of severe bronchitis. We managed to get out and about and have a lot of fun in the second week, but we were slower than usual. As a measure...we only had two cocktails the entire holiday! No Sunken Treasures either 8-) So, this time we are doing it all again, and hoping we get the fab room and view we did last time. As hotels go, if you are going to be sick and confined to your room then this is the one to do it in :P I am a teeny bit concerned about the room refurb timeline, but I will worry about that closer to the time when we have more info about it.

Looking forward to joining in here :) I know how lovely this thread is.

:welcome: back!!!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:cool1:

So sorry that you were both so sick on your past trip. I really hope this one more than makes up for that! A Sunken Treasure (or two) should definitely help.

:drinking1

Home and settled from our trip . We had an absolutely magical time. We were in room 1522 and loved it, I wasn't so sure about a ground floor room but we truly enjoyed it, it was along the path the the "secret door" was on and it was super convenient. All our requests we pretty much met, I requested full balcony, king bed and connecting rooms with my parents. Our room had a queen bed with pull out sofa, which was very comfy. We stayed one night at POR and while the grounds were beautiful and our room was nice it was so far away from everything. The one nice thing was the hot water was nice and hot while at the BC it didn't get very hot.
We did a lot of things this trip that we have never done before such as seeing Cirque de Soleil, Typhoon Lagoon, Family Magic Tour and getting a family photo shoot. We also met Teena and had a nice conversation with her !!! Here are some pictures:

Great pictures! Thanks so much for letting us know about your trip.

:cool2:

Getting ready to start the research myself on best areas to request and wondered if anyone had feedback on that? I know there is a link on the 1st page with all the room views but thought I'd just ask the experts too. We have standard rooms and have connecting on the reservation. 36 days!!! Cannot wait!

My suggestion is to figure out what is most important to your family. I don't think I would try to optimize on best possible view in a standard room. So what would make your vacation special? Do you want a daybed? Full balcony? If those aren't important, what would be the best location? Close to lobby/transportation/pool? Close to EPCOT? Upper floor or lower floor?

Remember, prioritize your room requests so the room assigner knows what you want most and try to limit your request to one or two things.

"Connecting rooms, please. Full balcony, if possible)."

:thumbsup2

Thanks for all of the useful information in this thread! :) DH and I will be staying at BCV for the first time December 15-17 followed by one night YC CL. We added on a day to our trip so we can see Star Wars opening night at Disney Springs. Of course, that means this trip is going to be a triple split-stay... but I'm really excited as all three resorts are new for us. :D

:welcome: to this thread!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1.

Sounds like a fun trip.

:goodvibes:

Wowza....LOOOOOONNNNNG time no post.

I hope you all are well. The last time I posted, we were in the process of selling our home, and it only wrapped up about 10 days ago! It was a complete nightmare from start to finish, and it zapped some of the fun out of buying our new home...but not all the fun. We are head over heels for our new home, and are in the process of looking for artwork to hang. Buying a house was a snap...selling it...possibly the most stressful thing I've ever gone through.

Unfortunately, we took a hit of close to 10K in selling the house, so at the moment, a 2016 WDW trip still isn't in the cards, and we're making peace with it. What's helping is that during the time we'd plan to go, it seems as if our favorite restaurant (Flying Fish) will be down for refurb, as will one of our favorite rides (Soarin'), and from the last time I read here, it looks like our very beloved Teena will no longer employed by the BC. For us...that means that most of our favorite things will not be available to us. This makes it a bit easier to take a year off, but of course, it's still sad.

I hope all my BC/YC friends are well. I don't always post all that much when there's no trip planned, but I will drop in and out from time to time. I'm very excited to see what the YC refurb looks like as it unfolds.

Dee....HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Teena...still thinking of you.

:wave2:

Thanks for the update and birthday wishes, Scott!

::yes::
Done!

Oh, forgot to mention this, it's really just a rant: I cannot believe that the first time we ever were seriously considering booking with the Bounceback offer, the entire months (with the exception of 10/1) of October and November are blacked out! Aaaargh!!! Darn those parties for making my beloved fall not-so-slow season anymore!

/rant :rolleyes1

:sunny:

Thanks so much for adding the pictures to the view thread.

What a bummer that the BB dates you want are blacked out!

:(
You can absolutely use the review! Hope that it will help someone for future trips!:goodvibes:disrocks:

Thank you!

:thumbsup2

Getting ready to start the research myself on best areas to request and wondered if anyone had feedback on that? I know there is a link on the 1st page with all the room views but thought I'd just ask the experts too. We have standard rooms and have connecting on the reservation. 36 days!!! Cannot wait!

I was perusing the Touring Plans site and noticed this room had s good view

A lot of the standard view rooms are pretty bad view-wise

Ladies I have to come to believe you are Disney Experts and I am a beginner. My TA is booking my ADR's next week and this is what we have come up with. I have a 4 will almost be 5 year old Princess traveling with us. We are easy going eaters and love everything. Am I missing anything we can't live without?

Ohana Dinner
Akershus Breakfast
Be Our Guest Dinner
California Grill Dinner

Kristi

Spent some time on Touring Plans and looks like the highest floor with Standard room is the 3rd floor? Traveling with my parents so we need connecting rooms- thinking this narrows us even more because each room I check says it's not a connecting room!

Spent some time on Touring Plans and looks like the highest floor with Standard room is the 3rd floor? Traveling with my parents so we need connecting rooms- thinking this narrows us even more because each room I check says it's not a connecting room!

From what I understand, you should not put too much trust in Touring Plans room descriptions. I'm pretty sure that there are standard rooms on the 4th floor- all of the ones along the front of the resort, overlooking the parking lot would be standard view. I also think there are more connecting rooms than Touring Plans indicates.

Request what you want in words, don't try to request a particular pair of rooms based on descriptions you see. That will give you the greatest possibility of getting rooms that have the attributes you want.

:goodvibes:

Last edited:
Since we are talking about rooms, are there any YC SV CL rooms that you can see the lagoon or SAB? or are they just looking at the parking lot or Swan and Dolphin?

:rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:

Since we are talking about rooms, are there any YC SV CL rooms that you can see the lagoon or SAB? or are they just looking at the parking lot or Swan and Dolphin?

:rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:

SV YC CL all overlooking parking-conference center-roofing. Book a GV or WV room CL if available if you would like anything other.

Activities Schedule for November 2015

Nov%202015.jpg

Thanks for the Activities schedule Dee. It's so exciting to see the flyer that actually applies to my visit! Hoping to watch "Inside Out" as I didn't get to see it in the theater. I mentioned it to DH and he said as long as he could watch from a beach chair with an adult beverage, he was all set! :drinking1

For those of you who have made room requests, how did you do so? I am trying to checkin online I only have the option to ask for large balcony, upper floor, near elevator, ground floor or lower floor? I would like to request a room with a daybed that is close to Epcot.

For those of you who have made room requests, how did you do so? I am trying to checkin online I only have the option to ask for large balcony, upper floor, near elevator, ground floor or lower floor? I would like to request a room with a daybed that is close to Epcot.
Call Disney reservation line and have your requests added to your reservation.

Thanks for the Activities schedule Dee. It's so exciting to see the flyer that actually applies to my visit! Hoping to watch "Inside Out" as I didn't get to see it in the theater. I mentioned it to DH and he said as long as he could watch from a beach chair with an adult beverage, he was all set! :drinking1
Wow! I was thinking the exact same thing.

It has taken me several months to read this entire thread!!!! I apologize if the info is front and center and I missed it or for my faulty memory. I have read this thread for years and have to say you guys really are the nicest and most patient group on the forum. Finally posting….

We are planning our third stay at the YC this December and are super excited to return this time for our son’s first visit, December 4-12. I am the “Disney person” in the family and am hoping DH will finally become a true convert after seeing all the fun our son will have. DS will be 22 months in December and this trip is 100% tailored to him. I am, of course, agonzinig over our room request. Any advice is hightly appreciated…

Are the ‘cribs,’ cribs? – There is a picture of a wooden mini crib, but does the YC also utilize pack and plays/ both? we would really like an actual crib, does that need to be a request? Since our son is a younger toddler, and I included the crib request in my reservation, do I also have to add it to our room requests or is this an automatic?

Disney reservations told me to call 10 days in advance to the YC and request the crib. Does this seem right?

This is our first trip with online booking as a possibility. I am really confused about whether to utilize this option. We would like a high floor and prefer a king bed. I am guessing I should not do online checkin in and just make sure my requests are listed on the reservation, correct? Also, is adding a non-connecting room too greedy?

We will fully take advantage of the balcony this trip when we put DS to bed. Is there anywhere to dock an IPod or Iphone for white noise? I can’t remember.

Also, can one of us run to the lounge, grab drinks and bring them back to the room? Do they let you leave the bar area with them?

Tarak –Thanks again. you responded to a post on another board about moving/getting a Haramony Babershop appointment. I decided I was going to call once a week until October and then more frequently to get an appointment. Well, the very first time I called there was an availability - for the day and time I was hoping to obtain. I think the system must have been down my initial change appointment call….

Thanks everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter