Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Question about Stormalong Bay and the Magic Band access: How exactly does the entrance work to the pool? Is it a gate that requires just one band to open the gate or is the entrance similar to a FP turnstile? And then, do we have to wear our MBs while in the pool? Concerned about decorating my MB with paint/markers before I arrive only to have my work disappear in the pool...
I painted our Magic Bands with nail polish, we wore them swimming and they lasted while we were there for 2 weeks.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    45.1 KB · Views: 36
So, I get a PIN code and felt I needed to extend the offer to my sons + one lovely GF of Younger DS. Positive response from DS and his GF. So, now we are booked YC CL end of May after their college finals are complete. I will let you know firm dates once I know for sure. Excited about trying new YC CL (the discount was 30% off at YC and only 20% at BC). I am not even going to ask about opinion if room renovations will be done by then!

How very exciting! Happy Planning!!

Maybe it was because February isn't very busy? We did have DVC bands on our Magic Bands so maybe they just looked at those and assumed we were good to go in?
So interesting. We've also been scanned every time (dozens of times) since MB was required for SAB entrance. (And had to flash KTTW card on prior trips). I wonder if some days the MDX system is not fully functional, and they might not be able to scan. btk: Do you recall if CM was holding the scanner in hand?

Anyone ever stay in room 3681 at the BC. I'm checking out standard room views and this looks good

Any other recommendations?

Getting ready to start the research myself on best areas to request and wondered if anyone had feedback on that? I know there is a link on the 1st page with all the room views but thought I'd just ask the experts too. We have standard rooms and have connecting on the reservation. 36 days!!! Cannot wait!

Here's a picture of the new refillable mugs that debuted at some of the resorts.

I'll be interested in seeing the ones for Yacht & Beach when they are out

Resort Mugs 2015.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for all of the useful information in this thread! :) DH and I will be staying at BCV for the first time December 15-17 followed by one night YC CL. We added on a day to our trip so we can see Star Wars opening night at Disney Springs. Of course, that means this trip is going to be a triple split-stay... but I'm really excited as all three resorts are new for us. :D

page 306-307

I got a pin code! Good for January 2 - June 7.I didn't have a trip booked, but we are thinking mid April at YC. I'll take that 30% room discount!

So, I get a PIN code and felt I needed to extend the offer to my sons + one lovely GF of Younger DS. Positive response from DS and his GF. So, now we are booked YC CL end of May after their college finals are complete. I will let you know firm dates once I know for sure. Excited about trying new YC CL (the discount was 30% off at YC and only 20% at BC). I am not even going to ask about opinion if room renovations will be done by then!

That is awesome news!!! Please let us know when your plans are finalized.

I am excited for you. I also love that you are traveling with your college-age sons to Disney. I hope that we are able to do that in the future.

::yes::

At Yacht Club now in room 4089. Great view of the fireworks and bay. A few maintenance issues though - the ceiling fan has a serious click to it that I'm hoping they fix tomorrow and the AC is leaking into the carpet by the door. Imagine those issues will be taken care of in the refurb.

Thanks for the live update. I hope your trip is great!

:goodvibes:

Yesterday I got in my head that I wanted to take a quick trip to disney for my birthday in March.

A Quick, cheap trip....
The cheap part didn't last long and now I'm booked! (I was able to use the RO discount...which is how I justified this!)

March 10-13 at YC!

I stayed at the BC three years ago with my parents and sister for my 21st birthday.
Now I'll be staying at the YC for my 24th with my Husband! Wowweeee a lot has happened in three years!

Since it is such a short trip, I want to feel like I'm immersed in the magic...so naturally, being within walking/boating distances of two parks fits that bill!

:welcome: back!!!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:woohoo:

Our granddaughter is due January 5th. Our reservation for BCV's start on January 6th. I was told that's a little early.

I blame my son for poor family planning.....

Congratulations to your family!!! Looks like the start of 2016 is going to be pretty fantastic for you.

:thumbsup2

Well, we got home Monday night from our F&WF long weekend - it was lots of fun but a long weekend never seems long enough!

Room 4641 was just perfect for us. Of course, I would've loved a full balcony, but the view was great and made us so happy. *snip*

Wow!!! Those are beautiful pictures of gorgeous views! I'm glad to hear you had a great trip.

If you have a chance, could you add your pictures and a brief room description to the Beach Club Room Views thread?

Beach Club Room Views

:goodvibes:

View attachment 131802 Just got back from a FABULOUS split stay BCV studio and Poly studio!:thumbsup2

*snip*

Thanks so much for your review. We really don't have many detailed reviews of BCV stays, so I would love permission to add a link to your review to the trip report section on Page 1.

:cool2:

View attachment 131802 Just got back from a FABULOUS split stay BCV studio and Poly studio!:thumbsup2 We were PLEASANTLY surprised with the room condition! VERY CLEAN:cheer2:, no complaints and when we were there the carpets/hallways did not have any odor! Only saw 1 food tray hanging around in the halls which was good! We had "magical" connections between the time we landed at MCO on DME to the time we arrived at BC, 3rd stop, first CBR, BWI, and then BC, was 1 hr 5 min! :PinkbouncHad a great lunch at Boardwalk bakery and got a text at 1:30PM that our room was ready which was SUPER!:goodvibes VERY HAPPY with studio 560, HUGE BALCONY overlooking pool, lovely view of canal too, was one of the villas on our "requests"! CM's checking in/out were very nice and efficient! Stormalong Bay was BEAUTIFUL :beach:and relaxing as always and was very convenient as we had friends staying at the Dolphin. F&W was fabulous, but we avoided Fri,Sat,and Sun. CAN'T WAIT to experience the BCV when renovated, think they will be REALLY NICE! Was impressed with the cleanliness of the villa pool and both early mornings witnessed staff cleaning the pool and surrounding pool area very diligently. Asked a front desk CM about renovation "timeline" and all she could say was she heard early 2016. HOPE that anyone staying at BCV will have a great stay as we did and your mind is "eased" a little about condition !:dance3: THANKS TO ALL on this board who provided great tips to make our trip more enjoyable!:flower1:For all planning trips, ENJOY!:goodvibes

Thanks so much for this report! Don't hear a whole lot about BCV, and a lot of what is said about the condition seems negative lately. I'm guessing that by the time our June 2016 stay comes around, the resort will be in the middle of its refurb, but it's nice to know we've got a shot at a nice room whether we get a refurbished one or not.

Wowza....LOOOOOONNNNNG time no post.

I hope you all are well. The last time I posted, we were in the process of selling our home, and it only wrapped up about 10 days ago! It was a complete nightmare from start to finish, and it zapped some of the fun out of buying our new home...but not all the fun. We are head over heels for our new home, and are in the process of looking for artwork to hang. Buying a house was a snap...selling it...possibly the most stressful thing I've ever gone through.

Unfortunately, we took a hit of close to 10K in selling the house, so at the moment, a 2016 WDW trip still isn't in the cards, and we're making peace with it. What's helping is that during the time we'd plan to go, it seems as if our favorite restaurant (Flying Fish) will be down for refurb, as will one of our favorite rides (Soarin'), and from the last time I read here, it looks like our very beloved Teena will no longer employed by the BC. For us...that means that most of our favorite things will not be available to us. This makes it a bit easier to take a year off, but of course, it's still sad.

I hope all my BC/YC friends are well. I don't always post all that much when there's no trip planned, but I will drop in and out from time to time. I'm very excited to see what the YC refurb looks like as it unfolds.

Dee....HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Teena...still thinking of you.

Found a builder and house we love. Shooting for it to be ready July 15. Bittersweet.

Tonight is trick or treating ...I'll make sure Dee hass plenty of pictures of our princess!!!

Wow, you ladies don't let the grass grow under your feet, do you! Congratulations...look forward to hearing about the building progress!

Found a builder and house we love. Shooting for it to be ready July 15. Bittersweet.

Tonight is trick or treating ...I'll make sure Dee has plenty of pictures of our princess!!!

I'm happy to hear that you found a house you love. :) We'll have to stop by in Jan to hear all about it.

That will be fun to be with Lily on Halloween. :)

Wow!!! Those are beautiful pictures of gorgeous views! I'm glad to hear you had a great trip.

If you have a chance, could you add your pictures and a brief room description to the Beach Club Room Views thread?

Done!

Oh, forgot to mention this, it's really just a rant: I cannot believe that the first time we ever were seriously considering booking with the Bounceback offer, the entire months (with the exception of 10/1) of October and November are blacked out! Aaaargh!!! Darn those parties for making my beloved fall not-so-slow season anymore!

/rant :rolleyes1

:sunny:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter