Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

There are a couple of community rooms in the lobby area of the BCV which sort of serve the same purpose as a Community Hall. In these rooms is an assortment of seating (Sofas and club chairs) and a POOL TABLE! I highly recommend stopping by this area, especially if you have kids, as this would be a relaxing place for the parents to watch as the kids try their hand at pool. This area is open to the public and not just limited to BCV guests so check it out. Another good use for this area is if you need something to do with the kids and it's raining and the pool is closed. Be sure to keep it in mind as it is a hidden +Plus+ area of the resort.

The ping pong table at the BC/YC/BCV resort was located outside near the lake around the Storm Along Bay slide entrance the last time I saw it. I know I was surprised to see it there as it was sort of hidden away. Sometimes I wonder if that thing has legs and it wanders around the resort at night, popping up in different places.

~NM

Sort of serves the same purpose is a good description. Although I may have misunderstood I thought Community Halls were a DVC member perk paid for by annual dues. Community Halls have scheduled activities like Arts & Crafts, rental movies, games, etc. More than at the BCV. There is a nice Community Hall at the BWV. The extra spaces at BCV are really nice

Work on 3rd Floor
We checked into the BC on April 15th and had a room on the third floor new the work area. The rooms closest to the Epcot side of the resort on the third floor were finished. That would include the rooms near the quiet pool. They were working on the rooms overlooking the volleyball area. They hadn't started work yet on the third floor section that was between the lobby elevators and the YC end of the resort/

It's a real life mystery! We need answers! Maybe I need to make a quick trip there to investigate!

I'll have to take Amara there (the mini-me in my avatar). I could leave her in the store for probably an hour, smelling everything.

The new BC closets are amazing. In fact, I'm planning to redo our master bedroom closets at home using the new Disney Closet packages now found on Shop Parks. Trying to decide now what kind of closets I want: BC, GF, AKV, Poly, etc. I'm just sorry we couldn't afford the Disney Home Makeover package, but the charge for converting access to our home via our Magic Bands was going to be cost prohibitive - especially when you factor in installing all those light-up MB touch points and add in the finger scanner.

How much do you think it would be to switch my car to magic band accessible? :rolleyes1

~Cari~ pluto:

Or my garage! My MIL would no longer be able to just pop by without calling first. Well, she could, but she wouldn't get farther than the driveway.

Have you ever wondered what the Beach and Yacht Club public spaces look like at 6 am? I can take you there!

Check out the latest installment of Antics of the Orange Banded Monkeys. Link to the trip report is in my signature.

:goodvibes:
Awe, wish I had been there!

Anybody at the boardwalk resorts 11/11-15 please say hey! I'm the mom with the pink mb with a green and blue pass holder slider:)

When Disney releases discounts for June does anyone know if it usually includes garden view rooms ? I know the travel agent we have is only for standard rooms. I really would rather have a garden view room.

We are staying at YC CL for marathon weekend and just saw the refurb started. So we get there in just under three months. I know there aren't any exact dates for completion but based on the BC refurb what do you think will be done by the time we get there?

When Disney releases discounts for June does anyone know if it usually includes garden view rooms ? I know the travel agent we have is only for standard rooms. I really would rather have a garden view room.
Your travel agent only sells standard rooms? I didn't know they could break it down like that. :confused3

Usually all of the room categories are included in the discounts. Actually, it's often easier to find a garden view room with the discounts because the standard rooms get snatched up so quickly.

~Cari~ pluto:

We are from Canada so we won't get our Magic Bands until check-in but we are suppose to receive our luggage tags and booklet before our arrival date.

I just heard back from our TA who said she mailed the tags and booklets out to us from the States this past week. Since we check in on Friday, I'm thinking that with having Canada's Thanksgiving this weekend with no mail delivery on Monday, they may not arrive in time for the six of us. Can anyone tell me how far in advance Disney mails these out to visitors or TA's. I can't seem to remember how long before our trips did they arrive and now I'm wondering if our TA might have sat on these for awhile. I will be so disappointed if they don't arrive in time because four of our members have never been to Disney and I wanted them to experience all that Disney has to offer.

Thank you for any help!!!

The Yacht Club refurb started this morning. The Regatta Club has moved down to the Presidential suite for the next 3 months. We had a wonderful stay. I think it is beautiful just the way it is!

Yah! If I remember correctly - BC took just under a year or so for just about all rooms to be rehabbed, no? Sooo, time will tell but YC or BC for last week of August 2016? We are total YC fans but were not happy with the condition of ALL our rooms last August and will jump ship to BC if necessary. Can't wait to watch the progress though. A good day!

Your travel agent only sells standard rooms? I didn't know they could break it down like that. :confused3

Usually all of the room categories are included in the discounts. Actually, it's often easier to find a garden view room with the discounts because the standard rooms get snatched up so quickly.

~Cari~ pluto:

Virgin Holidays in the UK often only sell specific room types.

We are from Canada so we won't get our Magic Bands until check-in but we are suppose to receive our luggage tags and booklet before our arrival date.

I just heard back from our TA who said she mailed the tags and booklets out to us from the States this past week. Since we check in on Friday, I'm thinking that with having Canada's Thanksgiving this weekend with no mail delivery on Monday, they may not arrive in time for the six of us. Can anyone tell me how far in advance Disney mails these out to visitors or TA's. I can't seem to remember how long before our trips did they arrive and now I'm wondering if our TA might have sat on these for awhile. I will be so disappointed if they don't arrive in time because four of our members have never been to Disney and I wanted them to experience all that Disney has to offer.

Thank you for any help!!!

We have been getting our luggage tags 30 days before our trip, or immediately if we provided ME data after that.

Good news is you don't need luggage tags to use ME. Just give the CM working your claim tickets and they'll get your bags for you, no problem.

As for getting on ME without the ME form, and without MB, I'm not sure. I would call ME myself and ask them. It may be something they can email and you can print out. Or they may work off your ID. Since we are in the US we always have our MB and that's what we board with.

~Cari~ pluto:

No, all room categories are not always included in discounts. The room categories included in a given discount depends on bookings and what they need to fill. It is not at all unusual to see a specific category left out. So it is really going to be impossible to predict if the June discount will include Garden View or not.

Thanks for your advice. I will call ME today so maybe they can email me some paperwork to show at the ME desk. I'm also going to print off my Disney web page which shows our reservation numbers so I will have something to show we belong at the BC but it sure is :worried:disappointing that my TA prrobably had these in her possession for quite a while before she finally mailed them out to us.

~Cari~ pluto:
Yes it is only standard rooms with the discount and club level but we didn't want to pay for club level. The way I have figured it up our travel agency is about 30% off in June. I'm not sure if that is the same discount Disney usually has or not?

Thanks for your advice. I will call ME today so maybe they can email me some paperwork to show at the ME desk. I'm also going to print off my Disney web page which shows our reservation numbers so I will have something to show we belong at the BC but it sure is :worried:disappointing that my TA prrobably had these in her possession for quite a while before she finally mailed them out to us.
I had a confirmation for ME but it had the wrong dates. My agent called several times to get the dates corrected and I called them also. They kept sending the same old wrong dates on the confirmation. But everything worked out fine and we didnt have any trouble. ME is pretty easy to deal with and you wont have any trouble.
I think Disney is the one who sends the confirmations out but your travel agent should of emailed you a confirmation for ME.

No, all room categories are not always included in discounts. The room categories included in a given discount depends on bookings and what they need to fill. It is not at all unusual to see a specific category left out. So it is really going to be impossible to predict if the June discount will include Garden View or not.
Huh, I guess I never noticed that before. Sorry.

~Cari~ pluto:

Huh, I guess I never noticed that before. Sorry.

~Cari~ pluto:
As Angi said, it's really hard to know what will be included in discounts. That said, availability can change during the discount offer. It's worth checking online frequently, and if you see what you're looking for, book it. I've had luck this way in the past. Edited to add: Above is referencing booking direct with Disney during one of their offers.

Last edited:

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter