Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Looking at the menu posted on the Disney site, it appears Crew's Cup (Yacht Club) has gone back to lounge vs. serving the Yachtsman menu as overflow/walk-up? I ask because the posted menu seems a bit unusual ... mostly apps but a single prime rib entree? Anyone been recently to confirm this is, in fact, the current menu? I'm really hoping it goes back to lounge and also brings back the burger and some other more casual entrees. But the option to enjoy just the onion rolls and a beverage works for me too! We know about (& enjoy) Ale & Compass lounge but really love Crew's Cup.

Looking at the menu posted on the Disney site, it appears Crew's Cup (Yacht Club) has gone back to lounge vs. serving the Yachtsman menu as overflow/walk-up? I ask because the posted menu seems a bit unusual ... mostly apps but a single prime rib entree? Anyone been recently to confirm this is, in fact, the current menu? I'm really hoping it goes back to lounge and also brings back the burger and some other more casual entrees. But the option to enjoy just the onion rolls and a beverage works for me too! We know about (& enjoy) Ale & Compass lounge but really love Crew's Cup.

We haven't here been since 2014 but back then they had a burger, a caprese type sandwich (so good) and I think I recall prime rib sliders at one point?

Edit - I googled out of curiosity and here was the menu from 2019. Very different and I hope it comes back!

https://www.wdwmagic.com/dining/crews-cup-lounge/menus/dinner/jun2019.htm

Very interesting, thanks! I realize I’m not positive if we had a “full” balcony or not. It was a small table and two chairs, enough room to maneuver around but not a ton of it. Given that we had the blinds on the door issue I’m thinking though that perhaps there may be a true full balcony that is bigger? Not sure, though. When you say the YC rooms had a perfect view of the Epcot fireworks, I’m curious if it was different than the view we had. We could see any of the fireworks that went high in the sky clearly, though perhaps just bits of the lower-aimed ones. It really was a great view, but the section of the BC that was opposite the courtyard from us did partially obstruct, I suppose.
We could see all of the high fireworks from the YC but nothing was obstructed. With the new show, I don't what can be seen. From what I see from the bloggers, most of the fireworks are high in the sky. A lot of the new shows are lasers. The balconies at YC club are big enough to walk on with room on each side of the chairs and table. They are in my view a little bigger.

I'm sure this has been asked before, but I can't find it. In YC CL lounge, is there a place to fill water bottles, or do they have plastic water bottles available to take?

Does anyone have a room recommendation for std club level room? We would prefer not to share the giant balcony, and would really like the extra bed.
I also have std CL booked, what’s this shared giant balcony you speak of? It’s my first time staying there.

First Look: More Character Dining to Return at Walt Disney World

70097323-2EE5-4167-94C6-CCBF25D25695.jpeg

Across Walt Disney World, some of our guest-favorite restaurants are gearing up to welcome popular pals back, including Stitch for breakfast at ‘Ohana at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort, Minnie and her friends for breakfast at Cape May Café at Disney’s Beach Club Resort, and Winnie the Pooh and friends at The Crystal Palace in Magic Kingdom Park for both lunch and dinner.

Get ready for some hugs, laughs, and lasting memories because here are the places getting character dining back soon!

Over at Disney’s Beach Club Resort, you’ll find Cape May Café, a New-England inspired spot serving up some tasty eats in an all-you-care-to-enjoy buffet! On October 4, the Cape May Café Minnie’s Beach Bash Breakfast will be making its exciting return. Have some fun with Disney friends as you enjoy your morning favorites at this feast, including the mouthwatering Salted Caramel “Beach Buns.” And what breakfast is complete without the famous Mickey and Minnie Waffles? Fuel up for your day the right way with these unforgettable characters and dishes.

I also have std CL booked, what’s this shared giant balcony you speak of? It’s my first time staying there.
I'm not sure exactly what they call it, but basically three or more rooms share one giant balcony. It is over the front check in of the hotel, the room location is great though as it is right next to the lounge.

First Look: More Character Dining to Return at Walt Disney World

70097323-2EE5-4167-94C6-CCBF25D25695.jpeg

Across Walt Disney World, some of our guest-favorite restaurants are gearing up to welcome popular pals back, including Stitch for breakfast at ‘Ohana at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort, Minnie and her friends for breakfast at Cape May Café at Disney’s Beach Club Resort, and Winnie the Pooh and friends at The Crystal Palace in Magic Kingdom Park for both lunch and dinner.

Get ready for some hugs, laughs, and lasting memories because here are the places getting character dining back soon!

Over at Disney’s Beach Club Resort, you’ll find Cape May Café, a New-England inspired spot serving up some tasty eats in an all-you-care-to-enjoy buffet! On October 4, the Cape May Café Minnie’s Beach Bash Breakfast will be making its exciting return. Have some fun with Disney friends as you enjoy your morning favorites at this feast, including the mouthwatering Salted Caramel “Beach Buns.” And what breakfast is complete without the famous Mickey and Minnie Waffles? Fuel up for your day the right way with these unforgettable characters and dishes.
Thank you for posting this. We arrive at the BC on 10/15 and were hoping it would be back by then!!

You could always check out the Ale & Compass on the YC side for breakfast. Only a few hundred feet from Cape May. Also, not sure I saw a reference to a price increase, but I wouldn't doubt it.

That will be our back up plan. Taking a trip with my nephew, and most of our go to breakfast places are still not open, or have an extremely limited menu (looking at you Kona Cafe).

I'm sure this has been asked before, but I can't find it. In YC CL lounge, is there a place to fill water bottles, or do they have plastic water bottles available to take?

When we stayed at the YC CL in February they would fill your water bottle if you asked them. They would also volunteer to fill your water bottle if they saw you filling your water bottle from the large container of ice water that they had on the counter. :)

When we stayed at the YC CL in February they would fill your water bottle if you asked them. They would also volunteer to fill your water bottle if they saw you filling your water bottle from the large container of ice water that they had on the counter. :)

Good to know, thank you! I was hoping they had a large water bottle filler so I didn't have to bother someone to fill it for me!

We stopped in there this evening and what you saw posted is what they have on their paper menu sitting on the tables in the lounge.

Hi Donna here, I am new here and going in January 2023. The question is, we normally stay at the Yacht Club but got a good rate for the Beach Club. Asking you nice folks do they have any rooms that are not handicapped that have a stand-up glass-enclosed shower as the Yacht club has. Thank you in advance.

Can't lie, I'm kind of disappointed. I was looking forward to a nice, not so expensive breakfast at Cape May in October.
Same here. October 7 for us, so we just miss it before it goes back to character dining.

I am hoping maybe they do a split breakfast like Trattoria used to have where you can just go for the breakfast with no character interaction and pay less. But I don’t see it happening.

Hi Donna here, I am new here and going in January 2023. The question is, we normally stay at the Yacht Club but got a good rate for the Beach Club. Asking you nice folks do they have any rooms that are not handicapped that have a stand-up glass-enclosed shower as the Yacht club has. Thank you in advance.
The Beach Club still has the tub/shower combo with a shower curtain instead of the glass shower doors in most of their rooms.

shower.tub 4579.JPEG

I didn't read the whole thread, can anyone tell me if maid service is now available every day at Yacht Club? We haven't been back in 3 1/2 years. Thx!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter