Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

focusondisney

DIS Veteran
They like it with a little sugar. They loved having croissants and tea in the morning on our Disney Cruise 3 years ago and asked if we could do that at DW.... I told them the tea was a definite but the Croissants we would have to see.

The market at Ale & Compass has croissants. My DH had them almost every morning.

jennb529

Dreaming of Disney!
We are booked at Beach Club June 2-6, 2022! I'm so excited, but also completely second guessing myself. Given that we will be going for the first time in a decade I've had this YOLO attitude about the budget; right up until the last week or so. With the addition of Genie+ and IAS I keep thinking how we could move hotels and save money (or more accurately, put it toward Genie+, etc.) I keep telling myself to go with my gut, which is to keep the Beach Club booking...I've saved for this, just do it!

I'm really enjoying seeing everyone's pictures and comments. I think I'm just going to have to start a slide show of Stormalong Bay pics on my computer screen so I make myself remember one of my main reasons for booking this resort.

Thanks for letting me vent!

GraceMonica

DIS Veteran
Arrived at Beach Club today. We drove down a day early and stayed at my brother's house. Best decision ever. We spent the morning at disney springs and then the afternoon at animal kingdom. My sister in law gave away her shift today so she could spend the day with us and my brother got us into animal kingdom with his guest passes so we could eat dinner at yak and yeti.

Our room at the beach club wasn't available until after 4pm. We got the text as we were getting onto the safari. I quickly got on touring plans room views to look to see where we are and if I got a full balcony which was the only thing I really wanted.

I was so freaking pleased when I pulled up the view! We got into the room around 6pm. The last time I was here was before they redid all the rooms, so it's like staying at a new resort! I love the blue head boards. The beds are nice and comfy. There was a little rain storm around 7pm so DH and I sat on the balcony to enjoy it.

Epcot forever jut started blasting off as I am typing this. I love this resort and its location.

Tomorrow we are going to explore Batuu!

Here is a view from our GARDEN VIEW room at night.
20210917_194924.jpg

The next few days are gonna be lovely.

Last edited:

zdad59

They call me "ThePrince of Planning"
Only a couple of days before vacation starts.....FINALLY !! I'm hoping that everything I'm hearing about low crowd levels is true. We start with 3 days at the Royal Pacific Resort at Universal, then we UBER to Beach Club for 5 days. The plan is to NOT commando the parks and relax. The only rope droppy thing we'll do is get to HS early our first day there to we can queue up for ROTR. EPCOT evenings with relaxing dinner strolls is the plan.

Does BC have a jacuzzi or hot tub on the quiet side? We're used to Wilderness Lodge that does. We like to decompress in the evening with a little hot tub time.

Here's my final, completely OCD itinerary..... (I need to delete the "Make ROTR ressies" item)

Dave006

DIS Veteran
As always double check on RoTR on Sept. 23 and beyond for the latest update on the Standby queue vs VQ. We just don't know what / how Disney is going to manage this as they prepare for Oct. 1st.

Dave

ocalla

DIS Veteran
This is the first time I have been on this thread for years. But now that I am back in Florida, I really would love to meet up with all the great friends I made while working at the Beach Club. I miss all our conversations so much.

I am substitute teaching at elementary schools near my house but try to work only 2 or 3 days a week.

So, if any of my friends are visiting WDW and want to meet up, just send me a message here or on facebook "Teena Gerew Slingluff" and I can perhaps join you at the parks for a few hours. I don't normally hit the parks in the summer ... way too hot for this old lady. I am going tomorrow for an hour just to ride the cast preview of Ratatouille (sp?) or the Rat Ride as I call it. But once the weather goes below 85, I am more than ready to hit the parks.

For those who know Lily, she just started 5th grade. Here is a picture from the first day of school in Vegas. She flies here by herself whenever she has off from school a few extra days. Her next visit will be the last week of October.

Hope to hear from my Y&B pals!!

View attachment 601476
Teena!!!! I can't believe Lily is in 5th grade!! I don't get to the boards that often anymore, but I sure am glad to read that you are back in Florida!! Hope to get back to Disney one of these days, but walking into BC and not seeing you will seem strange!

Chavaleh

Mouseketeer
We had a one night stay at the Beach Club at the end of a weeklong Poly trip. I gotta say, our room was looking kind of worn out and the bed had a pretty substantial dip in it. Not my best Disney stay. Our last two trips there were club level and I don't remember having any issues with those so maybe they just aren't paying as much attention to the normal rooms?

We had a fantastic dinner at Ale and Compass. Great food and very good service. Lobby of the Beach Club is just so nice to relax in. My brother in law started calling it the Sofa Ride.

Chuck96

Mouseketeer
Having our first stay (rented DVC points) at Beach Club starting this Thursday. Excited to walk into Epcot for Food and Wine, and to visit the pool we've ogled for years on the boat to Hollywood Studios.

Another resort will be checked off the list :)

dgbg100106

Missing the Tag Fiary
Mr. Coffee machines (or knock off brand), basket style filters and it could be a 12 or 4 cup pot. If a 4 cup and you want a 12, call housekeeping and they will bring the 12 cup.

Coffee is provided, but you will only initially get two packages. Since there is no daily housekeeping, they will not be replenished unless you, again, call housekeeping and request more.

We always take our own coffee/filters--then again, not a fan of the coffee provided by Disney. :flower1:
Thank you, This was exactly what I came looking for. Bring my own coffee and basket-type filter (not cone). Thanks Again.

bookbunny

I LOVE POP Century & Beach Club!!!
I have a question? It probably it should be directed at DVC but it is about Beach Club. The question is, I have family that would be coming with us to Disney next fall but they are only staying a week. We are there for two. Would it be better to rent a DVC 2 bedroom or stick with separate stays at the resort?

PCFriar80

DIS Veteran
I have a question? It probably it should be directed at DVC but it is about Beach Club. The question is, I have family that would be coming with us to Disney next fall but they are only staying a week. We are there for two. Would it be better to rent a DVC 2 bedroom or stick with separate stays at the resort?
I assume by better you mean cheaper? Tough one to answer. How many total people are we talking about? Really none of my business, but is one 2BR BCV villa okay with the crew for a week?
The 2BR accommodations are nice and have a full kitchen and laundry, sleeps 8 and there is plenty of room. Now if you need or want separate time from them, then I would go with 2 individual rooms either on the BC or BCV side.

bookbunny

I LOVE POP Century & Beach Club!!!
I assume by better you mean cheaper? Tough one to answer. How many total people are we talking about? Really none of my business, but is one 2BR BCV villa okay with the crew for a week?
The 2BR accommodations are nice and have a full kitchen and laundry, sleeps 8 and there is plenty of room. Now if you need or want separate time from them, then I would go with 2 individual rooms either on the BC or BCV side.
Two couples and thanks that was what I thought too.

zdad59

They call me "ThePrince of Planning"
There is a hot tub at the Beach Club quiet pool, and the BCV and YC quiet pools, too. The quiet pools aren't usually busy, and you can often get the hot tub to yourself. :)
That’s why we usually like the quiet side in the evening. Helps the relaxing.

thanks !!