Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

This is the first time I have been on this thread for years. But now that I am back in Florida, I really would love to meet up with all the great friends I made while working at the Beach Club. I miss all our conversations so much.

I am substitute teaching at elementary schools near my house but try to work only 2 or 3 days a week.

So, if any of my friends are visiting WDW and want to meet up, just send me a message here or on facebook "Teena Gerew Slingluff" and I can perhaps join you at the parks for a few hours. I don't normally hit the parks in the summer ... way too hot for this old lady. I am going tomorrow for an hour just to ride the cast preview of Ratatouille (sp?) or the Rat Ride as I call it. But once the weather goes below 85, I am more than ready to hit the parks.

For those who know Lily, she just started 5th grade. Here is a picture from the first day of school in Vegas. She flies here by herself whenever she has off from school a few extra days. Her next visit will be the last week of October.

Hope to hear from my Y&B pals!!

View attachment 601476
Teena!!!! I can't believe Lily is in 5th grade!! I don't get to the boards that often anymore, but I sure am glad to read that you are back in Florida!! Hope to get back to Disney one of these days, but walking into BC and not seeing you will seem strange!

We had a one night stay at the Beach Club at the end of a weeklong Poly trip. I gotta say, our room was looking kind of worn out and the bed had a pretty substantial dip in it. Not my best Disney stay. Our last two trips there were club level and I don't remember having any issues with those so maybe they just aren't paying as much attention to the normal rooms?

We had a fantastic dinner at Ale and Compass. Great food and very good service. Lobby of the Beach Club is just so nice to relax in. My brother in law started calling it the Sofa Ride.

Having our first stay (rented DVC points) at Beach Club starting this Thursday. Excited to walk into Epcot for Food and Wine, and to visit the pool we've ogled for years on the boat to Hollywood Studios.

Another resort will be checked off the list :)

Mr. Coffee machines (or knock off brand), basket style filters and it could be a 12 or 4 cup pot. If a 4 cup and you want a 12, call housekeeping and they will bring the 12 cup.

Coffee is provided, but you will only initially get two packages. Since there is no daily housekeeping, they will not be replenished unless you, again, call housekeeping and request more.

We always take our own coffee/filters--then again, not a fan of the coffee provided by Disney. :flower1:
Thank you, This was exactly what I came looking for. Bring my own coffee and basket-type filter (not cone). Thanks Again.

I have a question? It probably it should be directed at DVC but it is about Beach Club. The question is, I have family that would be coming with us to Disney next fall but they are only staying a week. We are there for two. Would it be better to rent a DVC 2 bedroom or stick with separate stays at the resort?

I have a question? It probably it should be directed at DVC but it is about Beach Club. The question is, I have family that would be coming with us to Disney next fall but they are only staying a week. We are there for two. Would it be better to rent a DVC 2 bedroom or stick with separate stays at the resort?
I assume by better you mean cheaper? Tough one to answer. How many total people are we talking about? Really none of my business, but is one 2BR BCV villa okay with the crew for a week?
The 2BR accommodations are nice and have a full kitchen and laundry, sleeps 8 and there is plenty of room. Now if you need or want separate time from them, then I would go with 2 individual rooms either on the BC or BCV side.

I assume by better you mean cheaper? Tough one to answer. How many total people are we talking about? Really none of my business, but is one 2BR BCV villa okay with the crew for a week?
The 2BR accommodations are nice and have a full kitchen and laundry, sleeps 8 and there is plenty of room. Now if you need or want separate time from them, then I would go with 2 individual rooms either on the BC or BCV side.
Two couples and thanks that was what I thought too.

There is a hot tub at the Beach Club quiet pool, and the BCV and YC quiet pools, too. The quiet pools aren't usually busy, and you can often get the hot tub to yourself. :)
That’s why we usually like the quiet side in the evening. Helps the relaxing.

thanks !!

Hi! I was wondering if anyone heard anything about Yachtsman Steakhouse opening on Tuesdays/Wednesdays as things pick up?

It is a family favorite for special occasions and those 2 evenings are the only ones we have available. Also hoping Daryl is still there! Thanks.

It is possible to show me on this picture? I do not see the laundry icon. Thanks

View attachment 606648

I think the laundry room is next to room 409. If you look to the right of 409 on that map, there's an area which doesn't have a room number. And if you look next to room 420, I think that little purple thing is the elevator.

The laundry facilities are on the fourth floor of the villa wing, across from rooms 414 / 416. And as @Best Aunt indicated just before room 409 in the hallway. If you reach room 409 you just missed it.

Dave

Thanks for the answers. I know the BCV rooms are in a separate building. Which room number sections would be the closest to the main Beach club building (i.e. Cape May)? Also, is there a concierge desk in the BCV building?

Last edited:
Also, is there a concierge desk in the BCV building?

is there a concierge desk in the bcv building?Yes.

is there someone working at that desk? Before covid, the answer was “sometimes.” Not sure what’s happening now.

beware the bcv studios near the elevators. You hear whirring elevator noise inside the rooms.

Page 1922-1924

Sorry for getting so far behind here and the delay welcoming new friends.

Tried searching for the answer but haven't been able to find it so I will just ask......We are arriving Sunday for our first Yacht Club visit (Yay!) My kids would like hot tea in the morning in the room, what is the best way to do this?

Thanks in advance :earsboy:

:welcome:

I hope you are having a great trip.

:goodvibes:

We are booked at Beach Club June 2-6, 2022! I'm so excited, but also completely second guessing myself. Given that we will be going for the first time in a decade I've had this YOLO attitude about the budget; right up until the last week or so. With the addition of Genie+ and IAS I keep thinking how we could move hotels and save money (or more accurately, put it toward Genie+, etc.) I keep telling myself to go with my gut, which is to keep the Beach Club booking...I've saved for this, just do it!

I'm really enjoying seeing everyone's pictures and comments. I think I'm just going to have to start a slide show of Stormalong Bay pics on my computer screen so I make myself remember one of my main reasons for booking this resort.

Thanks for letting me vent!

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest List we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

:cool1:

We had a one night stay at the Beach Club at the end of a weeklong Poly trip. I gotta say, our room was looking kind of worn out and the bed had a pretty substantial dip in it. Not my best Disney stay. Our last two trips there were club level and I don't remember having any issues with those so maybe they just aren't paying as much attention to the normal rooms?

We had a fantastic dinner at Ale and Compass. Great food and very good service. Lobby of the Beach Club is just so nice to relax in. My brother in law started calling it the Sofa Ride.

:welcome: to posting on the thread.

Thanks for your comment.

:thumbsup2

Having our first stay (rented DVC points) at Beach Club starting this Thursday. Excited to walk into Epcot for Food and Wine, and to visit the pool we've ogled for years on the boat to Hollywood Studios.

Another resort will be checked off the list :)

Enjoy your trip!

:cool2:

Thank you, This was exactly what I came looking for. Bring my own coffee and basket-type filter (not cone). Thanks Again.

:welcome: (back)?

When is your trip?

:goodvibes

Which floor is the laundry room on in the Beach CLub Villas ?

TIA

When is your trip?

:dogdance:

Hi! I was wondering if anyone heard anything about Yachtsman Steakhouse opening on Tuesdays/Wednesdays as things pick up?

It is a family favorite for special occasions and those 2 evenings are the only ones we have available. Also hoping Daryl is still there! Thanks.

When is your trip?

:woohoo:

is there a concierge desk in the bcv building?Yes.

is there someone working at that desk? Before covid, the answer was “sometimes.” Not sure what’s happening now.

beware the bcv studios near the elevators. You hear whirring elevator noise inside the rooms.

I just wanted to note, that we had a studio directly across the hallway from the elevator (316) and never heard a sound from the elevator or other guests for that matter. The room had a larger balcony although it was connected (separated by a vinyl rail) to the next room over, but we never saw another group out there.

We had requested first floor, pool view, near elevator--we received two of the three and ultimately happy with the studio.

I’ve been meaning to post a few things about our trip 2 weeks ago. We were in room 3067. I was nervous because it is almost directly across from the single elevator & next to the ice machine room. We were pleasantly surprised that we never heard the elevator & only rarely heard the ice machine. Although a few times it was early, maybe 7ish but not often enough to be bothersome. I had originally booked rack rate & then changed to Disney’s 25% discount. A week before, I found the room for about $2000 total for the week on Priceline with a VIP deal. It was nonrefundable for that price, but by then we were sure we were going. I saved about $2K over the Disney discount & $3K over rack rate so
I was pretty happy.

I didn’t think crowds were as light as reported, but certainly not bad. The weather was hot as it usually is in September. It rained almost every day & the humidity was high. We go this time most years but we thought it was the rainiest week we’ve had in a long time.

We only went to SAB once, in the early afternoon. And as usual, even tho there weren’t many people in the pool, most of the chairs had items on them. We were able to find 2 chairs in the shade, but mostly there were single chairs. The quiet pool was great, until the clouds & thunder rolled in.

We took the boats to Studios & even back from Epcot. We usually always walk to & from Epcot, but with the heat & humidity, I just couldn’t do
it every time. No issues with the boats at all, everyone complied with the mask rules. Only took buses to MK, caught it right there a few times & waited about 30 minutes once. Coming back from Boo Bash on the 12th, we had a private company motor coach. The driver wasn’t very friendly & the bus smelled nasty, but it got us back to the hotel quickly. That was the only time we didn’t have a Disney bus, but there we saw private motor coaches in many bus stops at MK. We did Boo Bash twice, hoping to avoid crowds both on the buses & in the parks. That didn’t really work out. The buses were full going & SRO returning to Y & B on the 14th. Boo Bash was more crowded than a regular after hours event too. I looked for bus times on the app several times while we were heading to the bus stop & never saw the times show up.

I really had intended to do the ceramics painting this trip. But maybe next time. :rolleyes: Mobile ordering for breakfast worked great from Ale & Compass. But we also just ran down for pastries & juice a couple times with no waits. I changed several of our ADRs while we were there & even changed times day of too. We usually stay club level but after 4 trips this year, we’re getting used to doing without it.

Beaches & Cream take out window has a roped off area. Although we never saw big crowds there.

2D9675DC-BB34-47A1-8BB6-D4A11CB52BFD.jpeg

Views from room 3067. It has 2 queens, shower/ tub combo. Desk & chair, sofa/ daybed & no connecting room.

2E83457E-0BF9-4D19-9C01-8C270C036E1D.jpeg4B1F7CEC-B93C-4C0E-9022-2999C12675A6.jpeg795A6463-017D-4689-960C-998581C947A0.jpeg

It is a waterview. But really limited as far as views of the water. If I was paying full waterview price, I would be pretty disappointed. But for the discounted price I paid, it was fine! Wedding gazebo is to the left. And a direct view of the Epcot fireworks! Sorry, no pictures of those. And we did get boarding passes for ROTR both our days, once on iPad with hotel wifi; once on iPhone with data.

We did see more dogs this trip than ever before. But we heard no barking or anything like that. But we did see dogs every day, including a family who had their dog in the sitting areas of SAB.

Oh, we did do online check in, got our room ready text as we were driving from the airport about 10am. Our magic bands didn’t open the door but my phone did. We stopped at the front desk on the way to the park, for them programmed & had no issues after that.

We’re at CR next weekend for the 50th anniversary. We’ll miss YC, but walking to MK won out for this trip. We took 5 trips this year, so we need to lay off awhile. I’m planning to retire in early April, so our next trip probably won’t be til after that, maybe right after Easter. Hope we can last that long, lol!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter