• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Just made a December 6-16th 2022 reservation at Yacht Club CL WV with Dreams. As soon as CL opens, she will secure the request. Put me on the list!!! Hoping the pandemic will subside by then.
Well....the fire was lit. I just made a BWI Deluxe Club Level reservation for 11/30/2022-12/7/2022. We haven't yet renewed our AP's. I think that we're coming up on the 30 day window. In good conscience I'm not gonna renew now....we'll repurchase next year, assuming things look A LOT better in Florida.

Yacht Club Question:
We are going Aug 19 (arrive at midnight) through the 23rd. I have a cabana at Stormalong Bay reserved. The only way we could get it was for the full day from 10am - 7pm. However, there are only 2 of us ... and we are pretty sure we will not spend all day there. The debate is now whether to cancel the cabana or keep it. The price was $299 plus tax and then there will be a tip. We are thinking grabbing a chair at the pool might not be too terrible for a Friday mid day. And, we have Boo Bash tickets for 7pm on that date. Thoughts? Suggestions?
My other concern would be weather closing the pool for a period of time.
We were there 7/27-8/2 and always found lounges even at midday. I’m thinking when you’re there might not be as busy because of school being back session in many areas.

Yacht Club Question:
We are going Aug 19 (arrive at midnight) through the 23rd. I have a cabana at Stormalong Bay reserved. The only way we could get it was for the full day from 10am - 7pm. However, there are only 2 of us ... and we are pretty sure we will not spend all day there. The debate is now whether to cancel the cabana or keep it. The price was $299 plus tax and then there will be a tip. We are thinking grabbing a chair at the pool might not be too terrible for a Friday mid day. And, we have Boo Bash tickets for 7pm on that date. Thoughts? Suggestions?

As someone who has booked a cabana with only 2-3 people a few times - I do admit I always feel a tad bit silly because it’s certainly not necessary - just a nice luxury. I’ve also rarely used the actual full amount of time. Definitely debatable if it’s ‘worth it’ - but hey, it’s vacation (or at least that’s what I say).

One nice thing about the cabanas - they are really convenient to the YC side of things with that ‘back’ entrance. Otherwise you have to walk over to the HH entrance or the one by B&C, since they haven’t been using the entrance that’s a little closer to YC. That’s nothing earth-shattering, just a small observation.

Personally, I like a cabana / pool day on a party/event night - it’s a nice chance to chill, not have to worry about anything, have someone bring you a few drinks, etc. Although if you want to save the $ and just grab a lounger for 2 (which shouldn’t normally be a problem), I’d totally get that too.

So there’s my non-answer answer. :-)

Enjoying our YC stay. After whining about our woodsy view, the only time we go out to the balcony is to spray sunscreen on :rolleyes1 We swam at SB, or actually floated in the lazy river. Love the skyliner, as we used it to go to DHS yesterday. Been walking to Epcot every evening for F&W. I don't usually sleep well in hotels/motels, but I'm sleeping pretty well on this trip. I must say, these are some of the fastest elevators I've been on, and I do appreciate it :beach:

Enjoying our YC stay. After whining about our woodsy view, the only time we go out to the balcony is to spray sunscreen on :rolleyes1 We swam at SB, or actually floated in the lazy river. Love the skyliner, as we used it to go to DHS yesterday. Been walking to Epcot every evening for F&W. I don't usually sleep well in hotels/motels, but I'm sleeping pretty well on this trip. I must say, these are some of the fastest elevators I've been on, and I do appreciate it :beach:

We loved the Skyliner, too! We rode it several times last week while we were staying at the BC. We are at the Poly now and are missing the Skyliner.

Yacht Club Question:

i don’t think you’ll have any trouble finding chairs if you decide to cancel

People who have had Amazon ship to the hotel, any advice? The customer service line told me to put my name, checkin date, and reservation number on the front of the pacakge. How can I have Amazon do that? Amazon has told me they can't put my name, reservation, and checkin date on the address label. They are telling me to add that information to the "delivery instructions." The delivery instructions are only for Amazon drivers though, not for the hotel. Any advice?

People who have had Amazon ship to the hotel, any advice? The customer service line told me to put my name, checkin date, and reservation number on the front of the pacakge. How can I have Amazon do that? Amazon has told me they can't put my name, reservation, and checkin date on the address label. They are telling me to add that information to the "delivery instructions." The delivery instructions are only for Amazon drivers though, not for the hotel. Any advice?

Are you having it "shipped" (FedEx, UPS, USPS), or "delivered"?

If shipped - I have shipped boxes to the hotel several times. I have shipped them myself from a FedEx location. I never put my reservation number or check in date on the package. For the shipping address, I have done it like this:
Hold for guest [my name]
Name of hotel
Street address of hotel
City, state, zip of hotel

I have never had an Amazon package delivered by a local driver, so I can't help you if you're doing it that way.

I ordered a non-grocery item from Amazon to BC on our last stay. All I did was change the delivery address (according to my Amazon delivery history) to:

BEACH CLUB RESORT
1800 EPCOT RESORTS BLVD
ORLANDO, FL 32830-8443

When it arrived I got a text and e-mail from the Ricoh Business Center in the YC convention center, which handles guest packages.

Super easy (once I actually found the business center). And a nice $5 charge for the convenience. :upsidedow

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter