Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

so did you have to carry your mug around all day? Did you bring it with you or buy it there? I'm trying to figure out the best way to lug around water without it being a pain in the neck.

I've never done online check-in, but am thinking of doing it for our trip in August. I did put in a room request through Touring Plans, and my #1 request is a day bed, so my boys can both have their own beds. If we check into our room and we do not have a day bed, can we go down to the front desk and ask to switch to a room with a day bed? I know when we go to the front desk upon arrival, I can usually check with them about our requests, and they have been able to move us in the past. If we check in online, will I miss that opportunity to switch to a different room if needed and if possible? I wasn't sure how this all works and if covid precautions make switching rooms harder.

I've never done online check-in, but am thinking of doing it for our trip in August. I did put in a room request through Touring Plans, and my #1 request is a day bed, so my boys can both have their own beds. If we check into our room and we do not have a day bed, can we go down to the front desk and ask to switch to a room with a day bed? I know when we go to the front desk upon arrival, I can usually check with them about our requests, and they have been able to move us in the past. If we check in online, will I miss that opportunity to switch to a different room if needed and if possible? I wasn't sure how this all works and if covid precautions make switching rooms harder.

I would not wait for the notification that your room is ready, I would go straight to the front desk when you arrive to make this request. It's not guaranteed, but I have always had luck saying "we are happy to wait longer for a room with a daybed" to a real live CM when I'm actually there.

I’ve switched rooms at Pop for location reasons on my last 2 trips after getting my room ready notice. If your request type is available, they will probably help you out.

I think I'm interpreting your question differently from other people.

I assume you meant: if you do online check-in, and you get your room assignment before you get to the hotel, and you go straight to the room (bypassing the front desk) - what happens if you open the door to the room and see that it's not what you want? Can you go down to the front desk and ask them to move you? Will the front desk say that it's a problem because once you entered the room, they have to worry about whether you might have contaminated it with COVID germs?

If the room request is super important to you (and it sounds like it is because it has to do with beds rather than location or view), I personally would take a second to see how long the line at the front desk is when I get there. If the line isn't super long, I would get in the line. Then, as PP said, the cast member can see what type of room has been assigned to you. If it's not what you want, you can ask the cast member if you can wait for what you want rather than taking what's immediately available.

Even if COVID germs aren't a worry, you could have a long walk to the room followed by a long walk back the front desk if the room is not what you want.

Also - I'm not sure which resort you are in. Beach Club is notorious for guests having issues getting their magic bands to open their room doors. If you stop at the front desk, they will take your magic bands and supposedly do something which is supposed to assist in the door-opening process. I haven't heard of Yacht Club having as many problems. (The rumor was that the Beach Club general manager decided that only 1 magic band per person would be usable, to cut down on people giving extra magic bands to their friends so the friends could enter Stormalong Bay. That didn't make sense because Yacht Club and Beach Club have the same general manager. But that's what the rumor was.)

I think I'm interpreting your question differently from other people.

I assume you meant: if you do online check-in, and you get your room assignment before you get to the hotel, and you go straight to the room (bypassing the front desk) - what happens if you open the door to the room and see that it's not what you want? Can you go down to the front desk and ask them to move you? Will the front desk say that it's a problem because once you entered the room, they have to worry about whether you might have contaminated it with COVID germs?

If the room request is super important to you (and it sounds like it is because it has to do with beds rather than location or view), I personally would take a second to see how long the line at the front desk is when I get there. If the line isn't super long, I would get in the line. Then, as PP said, the cast member can see what type of room has been assigned to you. If it's not what you want, you can ask the cast member if you can wait for what you want rather than taking what's immediately available.

Even if COVID germs aren't a worry, you could have a long walk to the room followed by a long walk back the front desk if the room is not what you want.

Also - I'm not sure which resort you are in. Beach Club is notorious for guests having issues getting their magic bands to open their room doors. If you stop at the front desk, they will take your magic bands and supposedly do something which is supposed to assist in the door-opening process. I haven't heard of Yacht Club having as many problems. (The rumor was that the Beach Club general manager decided that only 1 magic band per person would be usable, to cut down on people giving extra magic bands to their friends so the friends could enter Stormalong Bay. That didn't make sense because Yacht Club and Beach Club have the same general manager. But that's what the rumor was.)

Yes, you assumed correctly! I like your idea to check with the front desk upon arrival to see what we've been assigned. That way, we can ask to make changes if necessary and we won't have been to the room yet.

I would not wait for the notification that your room is ready, I would go straight to the front desk when you arrive to make this request. It's not guaranteed, but I have always had luck saying "we are happy to wait longer for a room with a daybed" to a real live CM when I'm actually there.

Yes, in this case, definitely go to the front desk on arrival (yes, you can go to the front desk even if you do online check-in) as I've heard reports that they really don't want to reassign a room if you've set foot in the first one since it basically takes that first room out until it can be sanitized again.

This happened to my family. We wanted a daybed. We had a standard view booked with on-line check-in on June 4th. We arrived. Room wasn't ready. Dropped bags with Bell Services went to MK. Notified while on AO that the room was ready. When we returned and went to the room, there was no day bed. Went to front desk and was told no rooms available with day bed. So, a roll out was brought.

My DS slept on the rollout and said it was comfy enough for him that we wouldn't need to change rooms. Plus, we were upgraded to a water view and had a patio that overlooked the quiet pool. So, all in all it wasn't like WDW didn't give us some pixie dust even though our family did want a sofa and day bed combo.

I would just like to let you know further that our family had a wonderful trip even with the roll-out. So, I'm thinking you will have a great trip too. I tell my family (and myself) any time we go to WDW: first thing you need to pack is your patience; and, second thing you need to pack is being flexible. You just never know what Bert Blyleven curveball you are going to get while at WDW. And trust me, you are going to see a curveball.

This happened to my family. We wanted a daybed. We had a standard view booked with on-line check-in on June 4th. We arrived. Room wasn't ready. Dropped bags with Bell Services went to MK. Notified while on AO that the room was ready. When we returned and went to the room, there was no day bed. Went to front desk and was told no rooms available with day bed. So, a roll out was brought.

My DS slept on the rollout and said it was comfy enough for him that we wouldn't need to change rooms. Plus, we were upgraded to a water view and had a patio that overlooked the quiet pool. So, all in all it wasn't like WDW didn't give us some pixie dust even though our family did want a sofa and day bed combo.

I would just like to let you know further that our family had a wonderful trip even with the roll-out. So, I'm thinking you will have a great trip too. I tell my family (and myself) any time we go to WDW: first thing you need to pack is your patience; and, second thing you need to pack is being flexible. You just never know what Bert Blyleven curveball you are going to get while at WDW. And trust me, you are going to see a curveball.

Thank you for sharing your experience. I did not know that a rollout was an option. I'm glad your son found it comfortable. It gives me peace of mind that we'll have an additional bed one way or the other.

Page 1860-1862

I hope you are able to get into a room at the villas, but glad to have you staying here in April. I'll pencil you in on the Be Our Guest list and you can let us know if you are able to change resorts to BCV, or BWV.

:thumbsup2

:welcome:

What a fantastic surprise!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

:cool1:

Excellent!

I'll add you to the list.

:goodvibes

I"ll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

::yes::

Smart move reserving the room(s) at YC, so at least you are in the area you want to be in.

When is the trip?

:goodvibes:

Awesome view from your room!!!

Now that the trip is over can you (or have you) shared the room number?

King bed, end of hallway. Was there a daybed or chair with ottoman? Any other comments about the room?

:thanks:

Agree, not bad for BCV. What room was this?

:thanks:

Headed to YC in August. It's been 11 years since we stayed there and can't wait to see it again :rainbow:

We just returned from our stay at the Yacht Club -- we had a Water View King. Room #3059. The room itself was great, and we even caught some test fireworks from Epcot! But we were right by an ice machine and HOLY COW was it loud. I can sleep through just about anything, but we could hear that thing right through our door. 5:00am and people would be up filling their giant coolers. I've never slept worse in a Disney hotel. We were only there 3 nights and didn't want to bother with moving, but if I'm ever assigned this room again, I would ask to move. Just wanted to share!
IMG_0056.jpg

We just returned from our stay at the Yacht Club -- we had a Water View King. Room #3059. The room itself was great, and we even caught some test fireworks from Epcot! But we were right by an ice machine and HOLY COW was it loud. I can sleep through just about anything, but we could hear that thing right through our door. 5:00am and people would be up filling their giant coolers. I've never slept worse in a Disney hotel. We were only there 3 nights and didn't want to bother with moving, but if I'm ever assigned this room again, I would ask to move. Just wanted to share!
View attachment 586059
View attachment 586061
View attachment 586060
Nice view :umbrella:

We had a different experience at probably the same time at Yacht (June 13-22).
  • Housekeeping refreshed towels, took out trash, and refreshed the bathroom/toiletries every other day
  • Quick calls to housekeeping brought us extra cups, plates, tissues, etc
  • On the 4th day, they changed the bed linens
  • The fellow vacuuming in the hall told us to put trash bags outside our room in the morning and he'd take care of them
A strange occurrence was around day 8 - the housekeeper took the extra coffee/tea Keurig pods that they dropped off earlier in the week and replaced the regular coffee remaining with decaf.

We used the "secret entrance" in Beach Club and noticed trash in the hallways, etc. Definitely weren't as conciencious as the YC building we were in!

You were there the week after we were, with a little overlap. June 8 - 15 (sandwiched between a night at CB on the front end and Gran Destino at the end)
:) I'm glad you had a better experience than we did!! My previous visits to YC were better - this time was rough!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter