Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Reporting from the tragic express after an amazing week at the BC, pool showers were open, self serve water in both lobbies, Pluto & goofy were in bc lobby when we left, such a nice surprise to end our trip with. All CMs we encountered were excellent, mousekeeping checked on us almost daily to see if we needed anything. The one day we found we were out of coffee & shampoo we called down and it was delivered within 20min. We were there from Friday 6/18-Saturday 6/26 and the crowds at both the resort/pool/parks seemed to increase daily. Happy to answer any questions!
I'm debating if I should have water delivered to our room along with groceries. Did you mean there are complimentary water bottles in the lobby?

They sell packs of water in the marketplaces. I believe it was 8 smaller bottles for about $4.50.

I'm debating if I should have water delivered to our room along with groceries. Did you mean there are complimentary water bottles in the lobby?

I don't think there are complimentary bottles available in the lobby.

In the past there has a dispenser with a spigot and plastic cups so you can pour a cup of water, often flavored with fruit or lemon/lime slices. I believe this is what is currently available.

:drinking1

My DW and I stayed earlier this month. DW bought bottled water from Instacart and we had bell services deliver it to our room (along with other groceries). We bought a case of 16 oz. bottles and then we bought a larger bottle (a gallon-sized?). We used the large bottle of water to fill our coffee maker in the morning and it worked out really slick. I read on a different thread that the local water can have a funny taste so I thought bottled, filtered water would be important for good tasting coffee in the morning.

Some thoughts on the trip which I've never posted previously but since things are not 100% back yet...

We missed house keeping considerably. It was NOT every other day as advertised. The third day they came and made the bed (no sheet change) and refreshed the room. Two other times they took towels and gave us more toiletries and nothing else was touched.

SAB was PACKED yesterday. No capacity limits and even a few extra lifeguards watching from various points which we had never seen before. Showers back to normal operations - towels, soap, etc. but Hurricane Hannah's grill and mug station still not operational.

We had awful waits for the buses almost the entire week. Springs, MK, AK - didn't matter. Long 25-40 min waits. The wait times were posted in the app and on the board at the bus stop. They are sitting every seat on the bus, but limiting the number of people standing. Masks were enforced by some drivers and not others once you were on the bus (when sitting). We always made the bus but several times saw groups turned away for capacity reasons (including on magical express). Only occasionally did the YC bus go to BC as well (springs and AK). Numerous rides had people staying at the dolphin.

Magical express - this may have been reported but we had to call to arrange for our departure pickup and time. It is no longer printed on the paperwork. It was as if I had not arranged it (I did months ago).

Off topic, but we really really missed fast passes. Dramatically changed our park experiences without them. The non headliner rides usually moved quicker than the posted times, but the main attractions took forever. Plus, the waits never went down for them. The weather did not help and we had nonstop technical difficulties as well. We have never had that many ride issues and DH wondered if the weather was an issue (not rain or lightening related but rather rides overheating). Slinky down numerous times, seven dwarfs, pirates (that's usual), test track, jungle cruise, rise, rock in roll - pretty much the entirety of HS the two days we were there went down at some point. Usually, if we don't have a FP we would ride either first thing or last thing. BUT, this trip the majority of days it started raining between 2:00-4:00 and did not stop the remainder of the day so evening rides were out. frustrating. Plus, in the past they would have handed out recovery FP which they now only do if you are actually on the ride when it breaks down.

We had a great YC stay but honestly could have skipped most of the parks this trip. It was our first time visiting in June and likely our last. Talking to CMs many said they have not had rain like this in previous Junes but it really impacted our trip.

Last edited:
I don't think there are complimentary bottles available in the lobby.

In the past there has a dispenser with a spigot and plastic cups so you can pour a cup of water, often flavored with fruit or lemon/lime slices. I believe this is what is currently available.

:drinking1
I’m guessing it would be impolite to refill water bottles here?

I’m guessing it would be impolite to refill water bottles here?

My personal opinion is that if a public water container has a nozzle, and you are putting your water bottle up to it, so that the nozzle is sitting inside your water bottle (and you have been putting your mouth directly on your water bottle to drink out of it) -- yuck. That will get your germs all over the public water container.

I would think that if you try to hold your water bottle under the nozzle, without putting the nozzle inside your water bottle, the water might spill all over the place.

And even if it's a pitcher of water which you can pour into your water bottle, I personally think that's impolite. You don't know when they will refill that pitcher. You are preventing others from taking a sip of water in the provided cups.

Others may disagree.

No bottles in lobby. There is a drink dispenser with fruit infused water & small glasses. I would 100% order water to the room and/or get a refillable mug. We got the stainless steel one this trip & it kept drinks so cold!

Staying at BC July 5-10 - first time at this resort and first time to Disney in 4 years. If we early check in from app can we go straight to the parks morning of the 5th? Or do we need to pop in to BC to get magic bands first?

Staying at BC July 5-10 - first time at this resort and first time to Disney in 4 years. If we early check in from app can we go straight to the parks morning of the 5th? Or do we need to pop in to BC to get magic bands first?
Do you have old bands/cards still linked in your MDE? We did, and went straight into Epcot after dropping or bags off at bell services.

You don't need MagicBands to get into the parks. You can use Disney MobileMagic in your MDE account to load your park ticket. I used my cellphone to enter the park by opening the MDE app. :)

We’re doing a split stay 7/17-7/21 Pop and 7/21-7/25 BC with two rooms. I’m super excited, especially because it will be my adult DS’s GF‘s first trip. I love getting to share in “first visits“.
Anyhow, I want to share that our BC stay was at rack rate. It’s been a hard pill to swallow as I’ve never not stayed with some type of a discount (or DVC). I’ve diligently checked for discount availability 1-2 times a day. Today I was able to update both BC rooms to the Summer Offer, saving 15% on both rooms! For those in a similar situation, don’t give up hope!

We have a breakfast ADR at Cape May Cafe next week. Does anyone know if valet parking is available for everyone at BC yet or is it only for handicapped guests still? Thank you.

No mousekeeping all week - twice we were able to ask a housekeeper in the hall for fresh towels, a new roll of toilet paper, and trash removal. One day I practically begged her to run a sweeper over the floor. She did, but we all had to cram outside on the balcony to eat our Ale and Compass takeout. Four people in one room for seven days with no housekeeping was rough. We left so much trash behind from our Instacart order of water/gatorade/diet coke. I felt bad, but if they'd done regular trash pick up it wouldn't have been that way.

We had a different experience at probably the same time at Yacht (June 13-22).
  • Housekeeping refreshed towels, took out trash, and refreshed the bathroom/toiletries every other day
  • Quick calls to housekeeping brought us extra cups, plates, tissues, etc
  • On the 4th day, they changed the bed linens
  • The fellow vacuuming in the hall told us to put trash bags outside our room in the morning and he'd take care of them
A strange occurrence was around day 8 - the housekeeper took the extra coffee/tea Keurig pods that they dropped off earlier in the week and replaced the regular coffee remaining with decaf.

We used the "secret entrance" in Beach Club and noticed trash in the hallways, etc. Definitely weren't as conciencious as the YC building we were in!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter