Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Update on room. Our second day/night we stayed at YC all day. Got back to room around 7:15. Dog barking. Continued on and off for several hours. After calling twice over two hours, at 10:15 DH went to front desk. They promptly offered room change. They had security trying to figure out which room the dog was in but couldn’t since the barking was on and off. DH was not going to put up with dog barking

as an aside the manager told me there is a new group doing room assignments. Implication from what said was that been ‘out sourced’ and the prior disney assignors were no longer involved

That stinks you had to change your room. Did they at least give you some compensation for having to change rooms so late?

I also think it’s ridiculous they didn’t know which rooms had a dog in them. Or maybe there were so many in that area they just couldn’t pinpoint exactly which one of many was the barker? I guess I shouldn’t be surprised they have outsourced room assigning now too. I am getting more & more disillusioned with Disney every day.

Headed down for a quick two night stay (July5-7) at YC. First deluxe property. Figured I'd splurge for our 25th wedding anniversary :hug: :blush: . Have park reservations (AP) for HS both days and figure we can hop to MK or EP to catch the fireworks if we want, but probably leaning on it being a really chill resort type vacay and couldn't think of a better one than YC/BC and SAB and all the dining options of the Boardwalk area. Wish Yachtsman was open - had a really great experience there last time and would be a no brainer for our anniversary dinner. I have Le Cellier and Cali Grill being looked for on TP's ressie finder - good meals and times there as well. I figure I can get Shula's or Il Mulino (never been) fairly easy too. All this a surprise to DW so far - I'll have to tell her eventually we are going to Disney (so she can pack appropriately)- but the plan is for her not to know where we are staying until we get in the ME lines...:blush:

Headed down for a quick two night stay (July5-7) at YC. First deluxe property. Figured I'd splurge for our 25th wedding anniversary :hug: :blush: . Have park reservations (AP) for HS both days and figure we can hop to MK or EP to catch the fireworks if we want, but probably leaning on it being a really chill resort type vacay and couldn't think of a better one than YC/BC and SAB and all the dining options of the Boardwalk area. Wish Yachtsman was open - had a really great experience there last time and would be a no brainer for our anniversary dinner. I have Le Cellier and Cali Grill being looked for on TP's ressie finder - good meals and times there as well. I figure I can get Shula's or Il Mulino (never been) fairly easy too. All this a surprise to DW so far - I'll have to tell her eventually we are going to Disney (so she can pack appropriately)- but the plan is for her not to know where we are staying until we get in the ME lines...:blush:

:welcome: to the thread, and

button.jpg

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15

:love:

Room request question here. We are staying at BC in July and our cousins are also booked at BC BUT they arrive there two days prior to us. We both have garden view rooms booked. Is there a way to reserve adjoining rooms even though we arrive two days later than they do. We check out on the same day. Any info on how to go about doing this is appreciated!

Room request question here. We are staying at BC in July and our cousins are also booked at BC BUT they arrive there two days prior to us. We both have garden view rooms booked. Is there a way to reserve adjoining rooms even though we arrive two days later than they do. We check out on the same day. Any info on how to go about doing this is appreciated!

Actually is no way to reserve adjoining rooms at all. Everything is just a request. You can call CRO & have them note you’re “traveling with” the other family & request to be near each other. You would need their confirmation to do this.

Just booked our first stay at the Yacht Club for Epcot's 40th anniversary (and following our first sailing on the Disney Wish). I've always wanted to stay here so I'm very excited! Check-in Oct 2, 2022, check out Oct 8, 2022. Just my DH and I, and we will be celebrating our 9th wedding anniversary.

Can anyone tell me which (if any) character references there are around Beach Club? Ex. statues, paintings, etc.? Is it very "Disney"?

Can anyone tell me which (if any) character references there are around Beach Club? Ex. statues, paintings, etc.? Is it very "Disney"?

If you walk from BC to BCV, there is a statute of the Little Mermaid.

Other than that, I don't pay much attention.

I think every resorts gets less "Disney" with each refurb. But maybe that's just the guest rooms and not the public areas.

Like the PP said there is the little mermaid DVC statue, which we always found creepy, there are definitely some pics in the Atrium with some hidden mickeys in them, also some on the carpet around the resort. I’m kind of blanking on what‘s in the lobby.

I didn't think it was very disney-y when we went other than hidden mickeys on the carpet. But it's very nice and has an excellent pool and an excellent location, which is why we are staying there again.
Easy access to Epcot and HS is great. And the boardwalk had some great food last time we were there.

Staying at the BC for the first time Aug 15-21. We have been to WDW many times and this has been our dream resort for years. 50th Birthday and A covid-postponed high school graduation celebration! Can’t wait !!
My family just stayed earlier this month. It wasn't a dream resort for us. We actually booked it on a whim when we learned that CR was going to be under construction. We loved every minute of the BC.

Enjoy and wishing you a great trip.

I know someone just asked not too long ago but does anyone know where I can find the phone # to call & have a room request added to my reservation? Is it just the regular phone # for the Yacht? I want to make sure our TA added a request to our ressie. We check in a week from tomorrow & can't wait!!!!

I know someone just asked not too long ago but does anyone know where I can find the phone # to call & have a room request added to my reservation? Is it just the regular phone # for the Yacht? I want to make sure our TA added a request to our ressie. We check in a week from tomorrow & can't wait!!!!
If you go to my Disney app. Go to check in now it will open and review things like credit card on record pin some other things and it also will tell you if a room request was made or not and if you want to make any changes .

Update on room. Our second day/night we stayed at YC all day. Got back to room around 7:15. Dog barking. Continued on and off for several hours. After calling twice over two hours, at 10:15 DH went to front desk. They promptly offered room change. They had security trying to figure out which room the dog was in but couldn’t since the barking was on and off. DH was not going to put up with dog barking

as an aside the manager told me there is a new group doing room assignments. Implication from what said was that been ‘out sourced’ and the prior disney assignors were no longer involved
I thought that there was one section of rooms reserved for dogs?
Yacht Club used to be our favorite resort, even during the time that the (much needed) last refurbishment kept getting delayed. When they finally redid the rooms we were so excited to try them out. Then the dogs allowed policy changed and we never went back. We find it so off putting. We have two neighbors with dogs that bark off and on at all times of day/night and many dog owners in our neighborhood that don't pick up after their dogs. It's so rude. I don't want to deal with that on vacation. BUT I keep reading on various forums that the dogs aren't an issue. "You won't even notice they're there".
I was finally ready to just ignore my concern about the dogs and make Yacht Club part of our next stay. Now I'm worried again.

Just call the regular CRO number. They will add your requests to your reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter