Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Are the refillable mug stations at Beach Club still letting you just show a pic of your mugs or do you have to have the mugs with you to get refills now?
Not sure what you are asking here so I will answer with this , I do not think a picture will do as they now have a chip in the mug to be read for your length of stay .

Not sure what you are asking here so I will answer with this , I do not think a picture will do as they now have a chip in the mug to be read for your length of stay .
Understood. Early on in Covid they weren't letting you fill your own mugs so they had a person standing there and you would show them a pic of your mugs and they would give you a large paper cup with the drink of your choice instead of filling the mugs. Is that still going on? It made it much easier than having to go up to the room and get the mugs after returning from the parks. I heard some resorts stopped doing this but wanted to know about beach club specifically.

Understood. But early on in Covid they weren't letting you fill your own mugs so they had a person standing there and you would show them a pic of your mugs and they would give you a large paper cup with the drink of your choice. Is that still going on? It made it much easier than having to go up to the room and get the mugs after returning from the parks.
I think once it went back to self serve that ended but I checked out the day after and went to poly, which oddly enough was still not allowing self serve and the picture was still fine lol.

I think once it went back to self serve that ended but I checked out the day after and went to poly, which oddly enough was still not allowing self serve and the picture was still fine lol.
Thank you I did not know that they were doing that , clever .

I’m so glad YC has the Freestyle ones. I love all the sugar free options.
That is true. I forgot about all those different options. I generally like the taste from the regular machine, but you’re right about the calorie/sugar, etc. options.

That is true. I forgot about all those different options. I generally like the taste from the regular machine, but you’re right about the calorie/sugar, etc. options.

The only thing the Freestyle adds are the flavorings - the basic options are the same. I despise them as the flavors the person before you remains. And with the Disney cups on that timing chip, you can't run it for a couple of seconds to clear it.

The only thing the Freestyle adds are the flavorings - the basic options are the same. I despise them as the flavors the person before you remains. And with the Disney cups on that timing chip, you can't run it for a couple of seconds to clear it.
As someone who drinks diet sodas, I like being able to get something other than Diet Coke or Light Lemonade. When we stayed at CBR, it was great having the Freestyle machines so I could switch things up. I’ve never tasted the drink from the person before, but maybe that’s just me.

As someone who drinks diet sodas, I like being able to get something other than Diet Coke or Light Lemonade. When we stayed at CBR, it was great having the Freestyle machines so I could switch things up. I’ve never tasted the drink from the person before, but maybe that’s just me.

I drink only diet and am perfectly fine with Diet Coke and Coke Zero. No need for a zillion other things and flavors.

I just want to confirm- if you have a one night reservation you can swim in SAB all day the day of check in and check out, right? So if my brother’s family checked in on a Friday, which is our pool day, they could swim all day even if they can’t get into their room until after 3, right?

Update on room. Our second day/night we stayed at YC all day. Got back to room around 7:15. Dog barking. Continued on and off for several hours. After calling twice over two hours, at 10:15 DH went to front desk. They promptly offered room change. They had security trying to figure out which room the dog was in but couldn’t since the barking was on and off. DH was not going to put up with dog barking

as an aside the manager told me there is a new group doing room assignments. Implication from what said was that been ‘out sourced’ and the prior disney assignors were no longer involved

Oh Yacht Club I have fallen in love! Got here Friday and our early check in was oN point at noon. Our friend also got early check in and connecting rooms! Storm along bay pool wait staff Katie, who was at Sanaa, was AMAZING! Quick call to housekeeping got us extra coffees and towels and toilet paper. Beautiful, clean resort- no smell, no trash in the hallways- our garden view room overlooks the quit pool. Storm along Bay is not too crowded. All my worries were for naught!

Oh Yacht Club I have fallen in love! Got here Friday and our early check in was oN point at noon. Our friend also got early check in and connecting rooms! Storm along bay pool wait staff Katie, who was at Sanaa, was AMAZING! Quick call to housekeeping got us extra coffees and towels and toilet paper. Beautiful, clean resort- no smell, no trash in the hallways- our garden view room overlooks the quit pool. Storm along Bay is not too crowded. All my worries were for naught!
I'm glad you are loving it. We are also traveling with friends and requesting early check in, how did you request connecting rooms?

Page 1857

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1. Late July or early August?

:cool1:

The good news is, the smallest balconies at the villas are standard size. They don't have any of the small standing-only Juliet balconies, or if they do, there are other balconies available for that room.

Here are pictures from one of these rooms:

Room 455 extra-large balcony

As others have suggested, you can request "Extra-large balcony, please"

:thumbsup2

:welcome:

When is your trip?

You can do either. I don't have a Keurig at home, but what I do when I am on vacation is purchase a box of K-cups with a special flavor to enjoy on my trip.

:goodvibes:

I don't know the answer to your question, but :welcome: back!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list for next June.

:dogdance:

As many of you know, I run on Dunkin' (my first job, in fact). I need a cup of hot, black coffee in the morning. I usually get up earlier than my family or travelling party. I move the coffee maker into the bathroom so the sound is muffled while others are sleeping, then I take my coffee and go out on the balcony or slip out of the room to explore.

If I don't want to run the coffee maker in the room, the night before I will stash some coffee in the fridge for an iced coffee in the morning, to get me by until I can find a cup of hot coffee. For that I need cream, sweetener and ice, so that is more work.

During a couple of stays at the All-Stars, when there were no coffee makers in the room*, I took matters into my own hands. For one trip, I joined a group that passed along a microwave and/or coffee maker from guest to guest. For other trips, I purchased a small, inexpensive coffee maker and packed that. *thankfully, coffee makers are now supplied at the value resorts!

The caffeine struggle is real!

☕
Thanks for the help. We'll be heading to BCV in early August.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter