• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Hi, This will be our first stay at BC. Been following along for a while. Any news on the spa reopening ? Hoping to make this stay at the world a little less frantic. For once, lol. It‘s just me and DH. Thanks

Which resort & area is that please? We’re there for 2 days next week so just wondering what to expect.

Sorry for the late reply - I never ended up checking back in to the thread with an update! It was room 2024 - like another poster replied to you, it was the YC in the block of rooms closest to the Dolphin. They were painting and power washing (luckily we weren't in the room for the power washing!!!) We checked out yesterday morning and moved to Gran Destino for the night and we arrived back home today, but the lifts were still parked outside those rooms when we left.

Home now after a patchwork trip: One night at Caribbean Beach, followed by seven nights at Yacht Club, and one final night at Gran Destino.

Oh YC...what can I say? After this trip I think we'd break up!! But is it the resort's fault or covid protocol's fault...not sure.

We stayed 6/7 at CB and moved to YC on the morning of 6/8, left our luggage with bell services and waited for a boat to Hollywood Studios...and waited. And waited. And then gave up and walked over to the Skyliner. When we returned midday we got the room ready text as soon as the Friendship Boat docked. Great timing, we were so hot and tired!! Walked into the room (Room 2024) and painters were sitting on our balcony, loudly talking (yelling) back and forth. We had a nice view of the pond and trees, very private, except the lifts sat outside our room all week and were still there when we checked out yesterday morning (6/15).
No mousekeeping all week - twice we were able to ask a housekeeper in the hall for fresh towels, a new roll of toilet paper, and trash removal. One day I practically begged her to run a sweeper over the floor. She did, but we all had to cram outside on the balcony to eat our Ale and Compass takeout.
Four people in one room for seven days with no housekeeping was rough. We left so much trash behind from our Instacart order of water/gatorade/diet coke. I felt bad, but if they'd done regular trash pick up it wouldn't have been that way. We kept it contained with the brown bags from orders at the Market, A&C Lounge, and Disney bags from park purchases so it wasn't all over the place (i can't stand a messy room!)
It was so hot outside, so multiple showers and towels getting misplaced and mixed up...it just made for a rough time having to track people down for fresh towels and to get the old damp ones taken away.
Our room neighbors had a small baby/toddler and left a bag of used diapers outside one day. Yuck. Thankfully those were removed!!!

One night there was a pretty rough storm and power was out in our wing of the building. Our 15 year old went to get snacks from the Market and said people were in the lobby complaining and shouting, and I felt bad for Disney b/c it wasn't their fault! I'm not sure how long it was out - we were at Epcot when it hit (safe under cover at Spice Road Table...our kids were in Japan and when there was a break in the rain they ran for it and went back to the resort. The power was out when they got to the room. It was back on by the time DH and I returned, although it did flash off again for about five minutes or so again later that evening)
We were told lighting hit the laundry area by the Admiral Pool, and both were closed in the days afterward. We didn't check to see if they were open by the time we left.

Boats were hit or miss, but that will be improving in the coming weeks as they increase capacity and take down the awful plastic barrier things (it made the boats SO HOT because it blocked the breeze). We had no problem with buses.

And even though it was annoying to have the painting lifts outside all week, it wasn't THAT big of a deal...and the painters were needed - but they were needed inside as well. Our room felt damp and grimy...it needed a deep clean and some repairs done to the bathroom.

Moving to the Gran Destino Tower yesterday morning felt like moving into a palace.

Positives - because I do NOT like to be a negative nelly:

1. Ale and Compass Lounge!! I hope you all have the joy of Ricardo as your server b/c he's wonderful. You can get the burger form A&C and it. is. worth. it. Good drinks, too! I had the How Dare You? based on name alone, and I would recommend it on its own merit, lol.

2. Ale and Compass Restaurant Take Out via Mobile Order - Who knew braised short ribs were good from a take out container??? Probably even better on a plate, so I'll also suggest...

3. Ale and Compass Restaurant. We had "breakfast" here at 11:10 one day. The shrimp and grits was the clear winner (followed by that Vermont Cheddar burger again...my 17 year old had it three times over the course of the trip: from the lounge, at this "breakfast", and from the night we did A&C takeout.)

4. Stormalong Bay - we finally got to use it! We swam for a couple of hours mid-afternoon, from around 1 - 3pm on Monday 6/14. Lots of chairs, not too crowded in the area we were in (right in the center split of Yacht/Beach Club in front of Beaches and Cream). My oldest hung out there the day before on his own from about noon to 2 and he had the same experience. We never saw a line throughout the week. What a fun pool! (although the sand bottom creeps me out, LOL!)

5. Buses - we had zero issue with bus availability. No long waits except the day our 17 year old went back to the resort by himself instead of coming to Epcot with us after Homecomin' brunch at Disney Springs. We made it to Saratoga Springs by bus, and then to Epcot by bus by the time he was just boarding a bus to YC from Disney Springs. But I call that karma for him not joining us in the park, LOL!!

As a seasoned visitor this was probably the hardest trip we've ever been on. I am so excited for everyone with upcoming trips who get to experience the more "normal" disney-ness. I'm sure most of the inconveniences from this visit will fade away and it will be smooth sailing in the coming months and any complaints I might have had with this trip won't be an issue for any of you!!

Actually, I need to make sure that wherever I read that was fact and not just someone speculating (although it does make sense). I read it in passing so may have not read it correctly.

I also read this, and it wasn’t someone speculating. The article said it was due to the new barges in the lake and also there had evidently been problems with the kites.

I need to find where I read it, but I think I read Disney confirmed the jet ski / kite part would not be returning given the new Stargate obstructions in the lagoon.

Sorry - double posting for some reason!
Well obviously it's all those Purple Hooters you were drinking, :drinking1

~NM

Hi, This will be our first stay at BC. Been following along for a while. Any news on the spa reopening ? Hoping to make this stay at the world a little less frantic. For once, lol. It‘s just me and DH. Thanks

None that I heard, but if it’s still not open by the time you go, Mandara Spa at the Dolphin is open and I had an amazing time there a couple of weeks ago. Prices are cheaper than the Disney spas and they usually have groupons also.

None that I heard, but if it’s still not open by the time you go, Mandara Spa at the Dolphin is open and I had an amazing time there a couple of weeks ago. Prices are cheaper than the Disney spas and they usually have groupons also.
Thanks! Plans include cabana, spa, SAB....because the planning is some of the fun!

I believe I saw a post where you could order a burger or chicken strips from the servers at SAB, but now I can’t find it. Can anyone confirm?
Confirming as well over memorial weekend and the first week of June, we walked up to the bar and ordered from bartender (there was a bit of a line). Bartender said they just started doing it & you could get a grilled chicken sandwich, chicken strips or a burger. All came with fries and are about 9-10 dollars. Kitchen packed it up in a bag and to-go boxes and bartender called out your name when they got it from the kitchen. It took about 5-10 minutes.

Is the lack of Mousekeeping a Covid thing or is it due to an employee shortage? Or both? Wonder if it will be better in August :scratchin If not, I will feel right at home with debris on the floor and unmade beds :coffee: :laughing: I have to say I really appreciate the Mousekeepers, they've always done a wonderful job during all our stays :laundy: :flower:

Last edited:
Hey everybody!

I'm back!

:wave2:

My husband and I were in Mexico last week. It felt great to get away after so many months of quarantine and stress.

Highlight of the trip- snorkeling with whale sharks!

Dee.JPG

(The one on the right is me)

DSCF1048.JPG

DSCF1050.JPG

DSCF1071.JPG

To keep this on topic...

My son and his best friend/college roommate, who has been living with us on and off since March 2020, were at WDW and Universal during the same time. It was my son's first time back to Disney since his 8th grade class trip six years ago. His friend had been to 4 of the 6 worldwide Disney parks, but this was his first time in Florida!

spoiler alert: He loved it!

Time to knock off #6!

They made a quick pilgrimage to my happy place to send me this picture:

Disney.jpg

Last edited:
Page 1853-1854

Now, on with the show!

We're headed down to the BCV tomorrow (late). Can anyone update on the status of SAB - i.e. what can we expect now with lines/availability/etc (I know things are changing fast)? Also - any word on Hurricane Hanna's? From what I understand, the bar is available, and you can get food orders from bar servers, but the counter service side is still closed?

Sorry I didn't have a chance to :welcome: you prior to your trip. Hope you had a great one!

:goodvibes

Hi, Dee.

I just made some changes to our August trip. We will now be at the Beach Club from August 1st-9th and the Poly from August 9th-14th. Originally we were booked at the Beach Club for our entire trip because I could not get a room at the Poly, but after obsessively checking several times a day, a room opened up at the Poly for our dates.

Only 72 more days! We can't wait!

Thanks!

Got it!

Sounds like the best of both worlds. I have only stayed one night at the Poly, in a villa, but I love the vibe of that resort!

::yes::

Wow, I've spent the last few days devouring all the information on this thread as we've booked our first stay at BC for September 2022. I was already excited but now even more so!

:welcome: to this forum!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15

:cool1:

Hoping this helps alleviate anxiety about SAB because I was very concerned about being able to get in. We just returned from YC today - 15 of us total across a turret suite and three other rooms. We did not see any lines or waiting for SAB the whole week we were there. Yes, they provide towels. We had 2 cabanas for 3 days because I panicked about lines for SAB. The cabanas are fine, best part of the cabanas are the CMs, who made it better. Hurricane Hannas does serve grill food if you order through a server but I would say the food is mediocre at best, got it the first day but no-go after that. Chairs at SAB are no longer socially distanced, we weren’t thrilled with that for my elderly parents but it is what it is. No way Jose is on the B&C menu still. I‘lol probably get flamed for this but we thought B&C was totally over rated. Meh, more like diner food. Trying to answer people’s questions to be helpful.

Thank you so much for sharing the details about your trip.

:thanks:

Just booked 8/15-19.…so excited to be back. It’s been 4 long years & a few cancelled trips due to COVID. I was surprised by the cut backs to mousekeeping. Do you think by Aug daily room cleaning will be back? We have 5 in the room including 3 teenage boys so we will definitely need fresh towels & toiletries daily. I know I can call for them but would love to not have to. I love coming back from the parks to a cleaned room. Since we only have a 4 night trip will we only get mousekeeping once? I think I read it’s every other day…is that right? I know this is minor & will not impact our trip. I just want to be prepared. Thanks!

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the list.

YC or BC?

:dogdance:

We are headed to beach club Aug 15-21! We tried to add Aug 14 but BC is booked solid ! We got one night at YC Aug 14 before we head to BC :)

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

Are you continuing to check to see if there are any openings? Couldn't hurt!

Here is a short update on our May 2nd to 7th trip to the Yacht Club.

*snip*

As always, :thanks: for your detailed and helpful review!

:thumbsup2

Has anyone who has a YC reservation for the end of July/early August been contacted by Disney with an offer to move resorts? I know that this has happened with some June reservations (general consensus seems to be that the offer was to move to Boardwalk with $ off per night) but curious if anyone has had this happen for a July or August reservation yet.

:welcome: to this thread!

I'll add you to the list.

:woohoo:

I haven't heard of any offers for guests to change resorts lately, but if you do get one, or see any reports of this, please let us know.

:car:

Are (smallish) coolers permitted in the SAB area?

When is your trip!

As others have indicated, coolers are ok at the pool. Just nothing in glass, please!

:drinking1

My partner and I had a great trip to MK this past May and we weren't sure we would make it back again this year. But last night I got the food festival on the brain and we decided what the heck, let's do a long weekend and visit Epcot. An hour later, we had plane tickets, a park reservation for us and our little one, and a three night stay reserved at Beach Club for November 13 to 16! Excited to be coming back to our fav WDW resort. Guess I need to start paying attention to this thread again lol

My partner and I had a great trip to MK this past May and we weren't sure we would make it back again this year. But last night I got the food festival on the brain and we decided what the heck, let's do a long weekend and visit Epcot. An hour later, we had plane tickets, a park reservation for us and our little one, and a three night stay reserved at Beach Club for November 13 to 16! Excited to be coming back to our fav WDW resort. Guess I need to start paying attention to this thread again lol

BC is so nice for long festival weekends at Epcot.

Cabana rental question. When we get a midday thunderstorm, do we have to leave the cabana? In the past they clear the pool deck but I wasn’t sure if we could put the sides down and hang inside the cabana or not . Thx

Currently booked at Pop for 10 nights but stalking BC. Nothing is available for my dates currently. I'm willing to pay rack rate :faint:. BC is my favorite resort!
If you’re open to a split stay, play with the dates when looking for availability and check daily. I struggled with availability booking our upcoming trip. For example, there were instances where I could book 5 nights, but not four. There were times I’d view availability and there was nothing open, but then the next day I could book two rooms (needed two). Ultimately, I found what I needed, though it required a phone call to drop nights from the first half of our split stay.

Page 1855

Anyone know SAB operating hours now?

:welcome: to posting on this thread!

When is your trip?

:goodvibes

When I was there in April the buses to Disney Springs did not start running until 10:30. I was told it was because the temperature checks at Disney Springs weren’t open until then. I believe the temperature checks have ended so maybe this has changed.

Thanks for that info!

:thanks:

Anyone know the best way to make a request for a daybed at BC? We really need one. Thanks!!

When is your trip?

The advice you have been given to call is good. Sometimes I suggest including the reason that the daybeds are needed for your party- For example: Teen children of opposite gender. Unrelated adults. Child who thrashes in bed.

Couldn't hurt!

Hi, Dee,

Can you please add us to the BOG list? Finally got our dates nailed down. This is our 7 year old Grandson's FIRST DISNEY TRIP!:love: and oh yeah, and his parents are coming along too.... :rotfl2:

2 rooms - Yacht Club, Garden View - Feb 5 - 12, 2022 - Gramma, Grampa, DD, DSIL, and DGS

Will do!

What a fun age for a first trip. He will have so much fun! (as will you)

:dogdance:

We are about to experience our first stay at the Beach Club Villas June 9-13, and I've loved reading through all of the great info on the thread! A few questions/clarifications for the Beach Club experts out there...

1: We are staying in a studio, and I read that there is a laundry room free to BCV guests. However, we are not DVC members and have reserved our studio directly through Disney. Will we have access to this laundry room, or do you have to be a DVC member?

2: Our studio is a wheelchair accessible room with a roll in shower. Tons of great photos here and elsewhere of the rooms, and I even found one showing the roll in shower. However, no pics of the whole bathroom setup. Would anyone here be able to speak to the bathroom arrangement in the accessible studios? Are the sink, shower, and toilet all in the bathroom together, or are the areas separate to allow more than one person get ready at a time in the morning?

3: I saw in the beginning posts information about the pool showers, specifically that they reopened in the fall of last year and then closed again in November. Did I miss any updates to this? We have a very late flight on our checkout day and I'm trying to figure out if we will be able to use the pool, then shower and change after. Or are the lockers and changing areas at least available?

So sorry for the belated :welcome:

Hope you had an absolutely magical trip!

:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter