Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

My understanding is that DVC releases DVC room at certain points. For BWV looks to me they release dedicated rooms but no lock offs. I am looking to book a BWS 2 bedroom and there are no 2 bedrooms, even though there are both studios and 1 bedrooms available. I am very frustrated. I did see a few studios, 1 bedrooms and 2 bedrooms at BCV during March 2022 prior to March 20, 2022. Now they are either few and far between or have disappeared. Not sure what happened.

@snappy, are you looking for BWV or BCV?

As far as I know, BWV does not have any dedicated 2-bedroom villas; all of their 2-bedroom villas are lock-offs (a studio and a connecting 1-bedroom).

BWV does have dedicated studios, meaning they do not connect to a 1-bedroom. So at any given point in time, there could be studios available and 1-bedroom villas available, but that doesn't necessarily mean there are 2-bedroom lock-off villas available. Also, the rooms have to be in the same booking category in order to be booked as a 2-bedroom lock-off villa; a standard view studio will not be combined with a Boardwalk view 1-bedroom. But maybe you knew all this.

BCV has both dedicated and lock-off 2-bedroom villas.

Of course in room dining would end right when I change to YC…sigh. Oh well. I had my bags transferred from GF early this morning and successfully rope dropped AK. Have been here all day, just hitting Festival of the Lion King before leaving. I forgot to do online check in so quickly did it this morning at 10 or so and got my room ready text at 1.

Of course in room dining would end right when I change to YC…sigh. Oh well.
Well we hope you can provide us a first hand update as the rumor makes little to no sense given the relaxed Covid-19 regulations in Orange Co. And they have been operating In Room dining at the YC since it reopened last Summer.

Maybe you broke it like Splash Mountain or those unruly Beach Club guests have push the central kitchen over the edge.

Dave

Of course in room dining would end right when I change to YC…sigh. Oh well. I had my bags transferred from GF early this morning and successfully rope dropped AK. Have been here all day, just hitting Festival of the Lion King before leaving. I forgot to do online check in so quickly did it this morning at 10 or so and got my room ready text at 1.
Any elbowing penalties handed out? :rolleyes1

1622578772323.png

Just hit the private dining button on my phone at BCV. Says at this time, private dining is not available. I am totally guessing but assume this is a labor shortage thing. We‘ve seen folks shadowing servers to train at SAB the last 2 days but still havent opened the grill at HH, not to mention Yachtsman/CC. I just think they need every trained person they have to operate as-is.

kylenne, we were at AK a good part of the day as well. Did you take down EE early like splash the other day? Worked out perfectly for us though as we did FOP first, then dino was a walk on, then by the time we got to EE it was back in operation with virtually no wait. Finished the morning with safari after a healthy wait (45 mins or so), ate at Harambi and then caught the new bird show at 1130.

Why does everyone think I’m a ride killer!!! o_O I walked straight onto FOP when I got there then did Navi cuz I’m one of the 5 people who loves that ride, then the Safari. Everest was already down when I got off the Safari, for the record!!! And I didn’t throw elbows cuz I got there at 7!!!!!:rotfl2:

In seriousness though I just got into my room at YC and sadly I don’t see an in room dining menu anywhere, which is a bad sign I think. Looks like the rumors are true. On the bright side looks like I got another king room without requesting one! And this view is spectacular. I can actually see the Skyliner whizzing by. And the ugly Harmonious robot arms but hey you can’t win everything.

So three direct and one indirect reports about room service seem to be confirmation.

Wonder if it’s temporary and they moved people around with BC reopening for more important needs, or something else is up.

I'm in the same boat except my request is with David's. I just couldn't get over $24/point at DVC Rental Store. Looking for a 1-bedroom for the last week of April 2022. I will let you know if/when my request comes through. I also have a booking at Beach Club for the same time if I can't rent the points, but I'm willing to wait a while to see if it pans out.

I will say that I saw another thread (couldn't find it to quote exactly) where a DVC owner checked the request board at one of the rental sites and BCV was by far the one with the most people looking for points. Like there were a few looking for Poly points, 1 for BWV and then 20+ for BVC.

Editing cause my numbers above were way off and I found the thread: https://www.disboards.com/threads/dvc-rental-market-value.3838911/
Thanks for this info. I am thinking of also putting in a request for David's too - although I'm wary of no refunds. Completely understandtable for both the company and the owners but this past year has made me a little gun shy of being locked in. I guess that is what you get for the price being lower than DVC Rental Store.

Do owners rent their points out through different companies or do they stick to one? (like renting a home through both AirBnB and VRBO for example).

Rack rate for 2 rooms at BC/YC was more than we wanted to pay, so we booked at CBR. The rental agent did indicate that we might have better luck with Old Key West or Saratoga Springs.
Thanks for the info! I hope you have a great stay at CBR!

So three direct and one indirect reports about room service seem to be confirmation.

Wonder if it’s temporary and they moved people around with BC reopening for more important needs, or something else is up.

Make that another direct. I just tried the private dining button on the room phone and it played a recorded message that it’s not available at this time.

Thanks for this info. I am thinking of also putting in a request for David's too - although I'm wary of no refunds. Completely understandtable for both the company and the owners but this past year has made me a little gun shy of being locked in. I guess that is what you get for the price being lower than DVC Rental Store.

Do owners rent their points out through different companies or do they stick to one? (like renting a home through both AirBnB and VRBO for example).

David's has an exclusivity clause for owners - you aren't supposed to list your points with anyone else if you list those points with them. I don't think Timeshare Store or DVC Rental Store have an exclusivity agreement. But an owner could list some points through one company and some points through another company.

Why does everyone think I’m a ride killer!!! o_O I walked straight onto FOP when I got there then did Navi cuz I’m one of the 5 people who loves that ride, then the Safari. Everest was already down when I got off the Safari, for the record!!! And I didn’t throw elbows cuz I got there at 7!!!!!:rotfl2:

In seriousness though I just got into my room at YC and sadly I don’t see an in room dining menu anywhere, which is a bad sign I think. Looks like the rumors are true. On the bright side looks like I got another king room without requesting one! And this view is spectacular. I can actually see the Skyliner whizzing by. And the ugly Harmonious robot arms but hey you can’t win everything.

View attachment 579150

View attachment 579151
Awesome view! Enjoy. Is this a water view or garden view? Assuming water, but just checking. Thanks!

That’s so odd about room service. We were just there the week of May 16th and were able to order room service. We actually ordered breakfast one day, which was pretty good. Hopefully they’ll be able to offer it again soon.

Thank you for the info on the GF thread about your transfer. Do you mind if I ask what time you received your luggage at YC? With the long Uber waits, I think I am just going to have Disney transfer our bags. DD has some phobia about Uber anyway. TIA

Love the YC room photo!

They have completed or are in the process of removing all ceiling fans at all resorts during repairs or at refurb time. They became a safety issue aka liability.

Some guests were trying to swing from them (they were never designed or anchored for that) and Disney balloons kept getting wrapped up in them.

Dave
Ok, alright... it was me, but in my defense it was after more than a few Sunken Treasures.

~NM

Sunken Treasure- recipe by medicgirl177
1 1/2 shots Midori
1 shot Malibu Coconut Rum
1 shot orange juice
1 shot pineapple juice
Sprite or 7-Up to fizzy taste
1 shot Blue Curaçao
Over ice
Dress with Pineapple slice, cherry, or umbrella

Last edited:
Why does everyone think I’m a ride killer!!! o_O I walked straight onto FOP when I got there then did Navi cuz I’m one of the 5 people who loves that ride, then the Safari. Everest was already down when I got off the Safari, for the record!!!
Actually just a little DIS humor on you being a serial ride killer!!! We normally blame the individual that reports an attraction down first. So we will let the report about Everest being "already" down when you got off the Safari slide for now unless there is a repeat. 8-)

Oh and most importantly happy belated Birthday to you :bday:.

How busy was AK at 7 AM? Did you miss anything in the "A Celebration of Festival of the Lion King" show version and was it busy since there are only 2 shows per day?
On the bright side looks like I got another king room without requesting one! And this view is spectacular. I can actually see the Skyliner whizzing by.
That's a nice view from you room and a King room as a bonus. That's usually a side effect of not many conferences since most WDW travelers tend to travel in packs but those conference folks tend to be single guests per room.

Dave

Thank you for the info on the GF thread about your transfer. Do you mind if I ask what time you received your luggage at YC? With the long Uber waits, I think I am just going to have Disney transfer our bags. DD has some phobia about Uber anyway. TIA

Love the YC room photo!

I arrived here from AK at 4pm, 4:30 and my bags were waiting for me. The guy who picked up my bags at GF said that they typically get delivered to the Crescent Lake resorts between 3-5p. It was a pretty seamless process, except for initially they brought me the wrong luggage lol. Consequences of having a very common last name! But he came back with mine a few minutes later.

FWIW, I had zero issues getting a Lyft to AK at 6:30am, though I did opt for priority pickup. I’ve always preferred Lyft over Uber just because I get credit card benefits for Lyft.

Actually just a little DIS humor on you being a serial ride killer!!! We normally blame the individual that reports an attraction down first. So we will let the report about Everest being "already" down when you got off the Safari slide for now unless there is a repeat. 8-)

Oh and most importantly happy belated Birthday to you :bday:.

How busy was AK at 7 AM? Did you miss anything in the "A Celebration of Festival of the Lion King" show version and was it busy since there are only 2 shows per day?

That's a nice view from you room and a King room as a bonus. That's usually a side effect of not many conferences since most WDW travelers tend to travel in packs but those conference folks tend to be single guests per room.

Ha, I know it’s a gag, I just think it’s funny because in my family my gf is known as the ride killer...her family has a small world curse! I never got stalled on it until I rode it with her. Thanks for the birthday wishes, it was truly amazing. Just wish gf could be with me but hopefully Canada gets its act together by October so we can celebrate a belated 40th for her too during WDW’s 50th.

I’ll report in detail on the TPAS board but AK was light crowds until about noon. I actually got there at 6:50 and my Lyft and one other car were the first ones lined up, side by side. They held us until 7, then I got dropped offI walked into Pandora at 10 after and straight into the indoor FOP queue. They held us only a couple of minutes until 7:15 when they began the ride. Elbow jokes aside it was by far the least stressful Pandora rope drop I’ve ever done. A decent number of people but nowhere near the crushing crowds it normally is. Only saw a couple of people running. Which was honestly pointless that early.

Lion King was definitely a Cliffs Notes version of the show but still very enjoyable. I missed the aerial bits the most (idc about the tumble monkeys tbh). And the audience participation, though there is still a little. There are many fewer performances though so keep that in mind...after 12:30 the next isn’t until 3. And even the CM told me to line up at 2 for it. They weren’t going to allow people into the extended queue till 2 but these people decided to line up at 1:50 so I got in. I would say get there an hour and 15 minutes before to be safe.

Last edited:

View attachment 579150

View attachment 579151
Looks similar to my January room👍
Do you know where all the doors are ?
Those “corner” doors help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter