• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

What is the status of ceiling fans at the Beach Club? I have noted that in 2018 that there was talk of removing them from rooms there. But I haven't stayed at the Beach Club since 2015 and haven't seen posts about whether they are still there or not.

Thanks!

:goodvibes

When I stayed there in Nov. 2019 I didn’t have a ceiling fan.

did you break splash? is that why we couldn’t ride it Sunday morning? :)
When I was a kid my Dad would always blame the last person who used something if it should break. It didn't matter if something was on it's last legs and was destined for death anyway, if it broke it was your fault and he would get crabby about it 🤣

So yes, Kylenne did in fact break Splash Mountain if you are going by "Dad Rules".

She has to go get Dad's tool box and hand him stuff as he fixes it as he grumbles and curses. Fixing the broken Splash Mountain will also require at least 3 trips to the hardware store and copious amounts of duct tape and multiple fingers glued together inadvertently with super glue.

After about 45 minutes of frustration, the key here is to bring Dad a beer. Just make sure he doesn't super glue his fingers to the bottle.

We are going to have to keep an eye on Kylenne. She probably shouldn't go anywhere near Rise of the Resistance. Dad's gonna need a bigger tool box for that disaster.

~NM

Request from the group....

I saw a report in another thread about room service being discontinued. Specifically, this guest was at YC and said they got a recorded message on their phone that it would end this past Saturday, and mentioned Ale & Compass To Go ordering as an alternative.

Would appreciate any there now/upcoming reports from BC/YC/BCV that can confirm what's going on - thank you!

We tried and failed. We put in our request for Jan 2022 in March, I think it was. No one picked it up, and then just before the 7 month mark, the last 2 br was booked and we were SOL.

Our experience for VGC pre-pandemic was completely opposite. We put in the request for a 2br and had someone willing to rent within a week. But it appears that the pandemic has changed many things.

Can I ask what you ended up booking instead? This is our first time trying to rent points - I am lured by the idea of not having to share a bedroom and bathroom with my teens while on a long-awaited vacation!

We have a room at YC for the same week that I'm hanging onto just in case but I would really like to be in that location in a villa.

I saw a report in another thread about room service being discontinued. Specifically, this guest was at YC and said they got a recorded message on their phone that it would end this past Saturday, and mentioned Ale & Compass To Go ordering as an alternative.

Would appreciate any there now/upcoming reports from BC/YC/BCV that can confirm what's going on - thank you!
That was me that reported that. Hopefully someone else got the same message. I will confirm with the desk on my way To EPCOT in a few

Our family friend stayed at YC last week and called DH while he was there... he did make it a point to tell DH they are no longer offering room service. I didn’t know about it till I literally just mentioned to DH they are no longer offering room service at YC and he said “Yeah, ‘D’ told me last week while he was there!’ So I guess it’s true. 😒

Can I ask what you ended up booking instead? This is our first time trying to rent points - I am lured by the idea of not having to share a bedroom and bathroom with my teens while on a long-awaited vacation!

We have a room at YC for the same week that I'm hanging onto just in case but I would really like to be in that location in a villa.
Rack rate for 2 rooms at BC/YC was more than we wanted to pay, so we booked at CBR. The rental agent did indicate that we might have better luck with Old Key West or Saratoga Springs.

We recently put in a request for BCV for late April 2022 through DVC Rental Store. For those of you who have rented points through them before - do you recall how long it took until you had a confirmed stay? I was poking around on their site to see if there was any information about timelines and I saw that they indicated that it can often be difficult to get a Villa at BC because there is a smaller pool of owners there. I'm sort of kicking myself for not seeing that and going with Boardwalk Villa instead.

Would love to hear from anyone who has had past experiences renting from them and how difficult it was to rent points at the Beach Club.

I'm in the same boat except my request is with David's. I just couldn't get over $24/point at DVC Rental Store. Looking for a 1-bedroom for the last week of April 2022. I will let you know if/when my request comes through. I also have a booking at Beach Club for the same time if I can't rent the points, but I'm willing to wait a while to see if it pans out.

I will say that I saw another thread (couldn't find it to quote exactly) where a DVC owner checked the request board at one of the rental sites and BCV was by far the one with the most people looking for points. Like there were a few looking for Poly points, 1 for BWV and then 20+ for BVC.

Editing cause my numbers above were way off and I found the thread: https://www.disboards.com/threads/dvc-rental-market-value.3838911/

Does anyone know when they release the BC villas for general public to reserve? We are around 495 days out from our trip and I reserved rooms at YC, but would really prefer to get a 1 bedroom villa.

Does anyone know when they release the BC villas for general public to reserve? We are around 495 days out from our trip and I reserved rooms at YC, but would really prefer to get a 1 bedroom villa.

I don't have a definite answer (maybe somebody else does).

Sometimes you can get a DVC room on the Disney website (or by calling 407-W-DISNEY) because DVC owns a small numer of BCV points and those are turned into rooms which can be booked.

Sometimes DVC gets a few more points if a DVC member owns BCV points and wants to use those points for something other than a stay at a DVC-owned hotel. Those points get exchanged so it's sort of like they are given to DVC which can turn them into rooms which can be booked.

In general, DVC doesn't go by number of days. It goes by number of months. At 11 months out, someone who owns BCV points can book at BCV. At 7 months out, someone who owns points from any DVC resort can book at BCV.

I would be surprised to see BCV on the Disney website at more than 11 months out.

(The situation is different from new DVC resorts like Riviera. DVC still owns a lot of those points, which is why you see more availability for that hotel on the Disney website than you do for BCV.)

Rack rate on 1-bedroom villas tends to be pricey. I see one in January at $704 + $88.00 tax = $792 per night.

Last edited:
My understanding is that DVC releases DVC room at certain points. For BWV looks to me they release dedicated rooms but no lock offs. I am looking to book a BWS 2 bedroom and there are no 2 bedrooms, even though there are both studios and 1 bedrooms available. I am very frustrated. I did see a few studios, 1 bedrooms and 2 bedrooms at BCV during March 2022 prior to March 20, 2022. Now they are either few and far between or have disappeared. Not sure what happened.

Was it this post: https://www.disboards.com/threads/no-more-room-service-ever.3839313/page-2#post-63035478

Could well be another in-room phone scam or prank. Only the real front desk will know the true answer. Anyone at the YC/BC now that can swing by the front desk?
We are stay at Yacht Club right now and received a message on our room phone Sat that said all in room dining was ending as of Sunday but to go from Ale and Compass was still available
Dave

@natebenma - we have not had a ceiling fan in the BC rooms we have been in for a awhile now. I couldn’t believe that they removed them. :(
They have completed or are in the process of removing all ceiling fans at all resorts during repairs or at refurb time. They became a safety issue aka liability.

Some guests were trying to swing from them (they were never designed or anchored for that) and Disney balloons kept getting wrapped up in them.

Dave

Page1840-1841

I missed welcoming you back and wishing you a great time. I hope there were some glimmers of sunshine during your trip.

:cool2:

:welcome:

Hope your trip is (was) fantastic! Let us know how it all worked out for everyone when you have a chance.

::yes::

:welcome: back!

When is your trip?

:cool1:

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list for August. Which resort?

:dogdance:

When is your trip?

:goodvibes

That is great info. I didn't know that.

:thanks:

Hope your trip is (was) wonderful!

:woohoo:

The only advice we can offer is to keep looking, but as others have said, October is always popular in the fall at Yacht & Beach because of the Food & Wine Festival and Halloween Parties, and this year it will be even busier in October due to the 50th Anniversary at Magic Kingdom.

Please let us know if you do find a reservation here!

:magnify:
I did!! I reserved a room for part of my trip. They didn’t have availability for my entire stay so I have to switch to the Poly for my last two nights. But I get some BC time in!! I’m going to keep look for my entire stay. I just notice BCV has room for my entire stay. 🤔

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter