Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Is there anyone here right now who would be able to help us try to jump start our rental? We called Enterprise because our car wouldn't start this morning, but they are asking $50 to jump it and then we would have to drive to the airport to change it out. Kind of kills a whole day. I thought I'd try my luck here and see if anyone would be willing and able. Thank you!

We aren't sure if that's what it is, honestly, but the rental place isn't being super helpful at the moment. We have an Armada and they're offering a sedan in its place, which we won't be able to fit everything in to head home.

Last edited:
Is there anyone here right now who would be able to help us try to jump start our rental? We called Enterprise because our car wouldn't start this morning, but they are asking $50 to jump it and then we would have to drive to the airport to change it out. Kind of kills a whole day. I thought I'd try my luck here and see if anyone would be willing and able. Thank you!

We aren't sure if that's what it is, honestly, but the rental place isn't being super helpful at the moment. We have an Armada and they're offering a sedan in its place, which we won't be able to fit everything in to head home.

probably too late, but maybe somebody with AAA could help? You need to be a member to call but it doesn’t have to be your own car.

I know that you've got this handled, but I wanted to make others aware that WDW is helpful when people have car trouble. This is from their website:

Roadside Assistance
Car Care One, a mobile service unit, provides basic roadside services to automobiles, SUVs and small trucks up to one hour after park closing. Please call (407) 824-0976 for assistance.
Services include:
  • Complimentary Towing Service to Car Care Center or, if the center is closed, to a destination within 3 miles of Walt Disney World Resort
  • Fuel Assistance
  • Battery Jump Start
  • Flat Tire Assistance, including inflation of flat tire
  • Winch Out (vehicle stuck in mud)
Guests requiring help more than one hour after park closing should reach out to Resort security for support.

I know that you've got this handled, but I wanted to make others aware that WDW is helpful when people have car trouble. This is from their website:

Roadside Assistance
Car Care One, a mobile service unit, provides basic roadside services to automobiles, SUVs and small trucks up to one hour after park closing. Please call (407) 824-0976 for assistance.
Services include:
  • Complimentary Towing Service to Car Care Center or, if the center is closed, to a destination within 3 miles of Walt Disney World Resort
  • Fuel Assistance
  • Battery Jump Start
Guests requiring help more than one hour after park closing should reach out to Resort security for support.

Definitely helpful! We’ve never had car issues here before, so we’ve never really thought about the “what if”

Roadside Assistance
Services include:
  • Fuel Assistance
  • Battery Jump Start

Wow!!!

Thanks for sharing this awesome info- I didn't know that.

:car:

I posted this on the Here on Now thread:

We returned home last night (Oct 30th) from our stay at the Yacht Club. We took Southwest Airlines out of Chicago Midway on Sunday morning, Oct 25th. Midway was empty and everyone wore masks. Orlando airport was also empty, including the Magical Express area in the airport. Our bus was half full and we were the second stop, after Pop Century.

In short, our experience at WDW felt very safe. We noticed that mask compliance was excellent for the most part, especially at our resort. We also noticed that when people were eating and drinking with masks off they tended to be stationary and sitting. But we mostly left the parks by noon because it was so very hot while we were there. So that reduced our exposure.

In general, the parks had low crowds. For example, we went to Epcot on Thursday when park hours were 11am to 7pm and we have never seen it that empty. There were 17 people in the American Experience 11:45am show, for example. We went back in the park around 4pm and Soarin', Living with the Land, Spaceship Earth and Test Track were all walk ons. When we were there Sunday afternoon and evening, it was a lot more crowded.

What I missed most from the pre-Covid days was seeing people's faces, talking to strangers, and feeling free to interact with the people around us. Instead, it was as if people were dangerous and you had to stay away from them. You couldn't see people's smiles.

Bottom line for us was that Disney did a very good job at minimizing risks from Covid. But success relied on people volunteering to comply with the rules. We got lucky and had a great experience. But we also were very careful, too. We haven't decided if we will be back again during the Covid restrictions. We have annual passes that expire in May, so we can wait awhile.

We enjoyed our stay at the Yacht Club. We told the manager that we were impressed at how good mask compliance was in the resort area. People were wearing masks even when they were walking around the Boardwalk with no one anywhere near us. We had breakfast every morning at Beach Club marketplace because they have a bigger selection of foods, and most mornings it was almost empty. Some mornings we were the only ones eating breakfast at the outside tables.

The Yacht Club bus depot had two lines set up for MK and AK. You stood to the left for MK and the right for AK with "stand here" markings on the sidewalk. We had great luck with buses. The park buses were fairly empty , when we went to MK on Tuesday and Friday morning and AK on Wednesday morning. The most people we ever had on a bus we took was ten people. But we got lucky with the parks we chose and the times we went. Some people had to wait for a second bus to MK.
I really missed being able to see others’ faces, smile, and chit chat with CMs and other guests. That part of the mask wearing affected our trip more than the physical discomfort of wearing them.

Page 1719

Is the Beach Club Resort undergoing renovation or is it just closed because of the Covid shutdown? We are presently booked at Beach Club for end of May, 2021, in a deluxe room. If we wait for Disney to move us, is there a chance we could move to Yacht Club in a deluxe room (do they have deluxe rooms?)? Has anyone stayed in deluxe rooms at both Beach Club and Yacht Club, and how do they compare? Or has anyone been offered an upgrade to a 1 bedroom at at a DVC resort like Bay Lake Tower, Wilderness Lodge, or Riviera?

As others have mentioned, BC resort is closed because of the lower number of guests due to COVID.

The Deluxe Rooms at the YC have always confused me. My current information shows that room 3201 and room 4201 are classified as deluxe (at one point I believed 3209 and 4209 were deluxe, but I am not sure about these rooms). So the availability of deluxe rooms there is very limited.

So... with BC currently having no scheduled opening date, I would call and see if you can be switched to a YC deluxe room- kick it up the line if the person you speak to initially can't help you.

I'll pencil you in on the Be Our Guest list.

:cool1:

I'm not so sure that they are never coming back. I don't think there has been any word from official sources, and the first person who tweeted about it was apparently did so without any official confirmation. But if they do come back, you can always put the information back.

You are totally correct- I took down the info based on unofficial news. I was in a slashing mood last week. But, as always, I save the info in a conveniently retrievable location so I don't have to rebuild from scratch.

:car:

The Minnie Vans were crazy expensive. Good idea but simply no sense in spending that money when so many other options.

:welcome: back to posting on the thread!

Do you have any upcoming trips in the works?

:goodvibes

BCV vs BWV

GADisneyDad14-you made the leap from BWI club level to Yacht Club and have talked very fondly of the resort. With 19 stays at the Boardwalk what can we expect in terms of differences? I am researching but also like first hand experience.

Thanks for the question.

::yes::

Well I'm not the person you asked, and I'm DVC so I don't stay in the regular hotel rooms, but I've stayed at both BCV and BWV several times.

*snip*

I'm happy at either one. And if I stay anywhere else, I end up wishing that I was at either one.

Thanks for sharing your feedback!

:thumbsup2

Oh gosh, I’m not really a BWI person so I’m probably the wrong person to answer. And if you’ve had 19 stays at BWI, you and I may be wired differently so not sure anything I have to say has any value. :-)

*snip*

Thank you for giving your views on the different villa resorts.

:thumbsup2

When I get a chance I will add both of these above posts to the review section.

We walked past Beaches and Cream tonight and saw a family of five at a table made up of a four top and two top. And we saw two tables together for a group of eight. So it can be done. :)

The bathroom in our YC resort room has the tub/shower with sliding glass doors. I never thought I would like the rain shower, but it is very nice. The one disadvantage to the glass doors is that I can't set up the clothes line without standing in the tub. And the refrigerator is small. But otherwise, I really like the YC room.

I am not a beer drinker, but since I discovered the German grapefruit beer, I started to pay attention to the beer for sale at the two resort marketplaces. If you don't see your favorite beer at one marketplace then check the other one. They didn't have the German beer or Fat Tire at the BC. The BC had New Moon and Coors Light but the YC didn't have them. At least they didn't have it when I looked. :)

We were at the Beach Club for breakfast and walked to the BC bus stop to catch the bus for MK. It was 8:30am and the park opened at 9am. As anyone who has ever stayed at the BC or BCV knows, the MK bus 1/2 hour before park opening usually has so many people in line that they often have to send a second bus. Not today. The MK bus arrived empty and there was only ten of us getting on the bus this morning. There are not very many people here at all.

We always appreciate live reports, especially when it includes detailed beer info!!!

:thanks:

Page 1720-1722

We did order food. The options are pretty limited. The food from HH is all cold food. The only hot food options were cheeseburgers or grilled chicken sandwiches which came from Martha’s Vineyard I believe, which is what we opted for.
We were in cabana 2. Max occupancy for them is 6. They are still only booking full days as of now.

A difference we noticed from our last cabana visit was that they are no longer filling the fridge with drinks. They are happy to bring you drinks at your request but we were told with covid they are now required to throw away anything left in the fridge after the guests leave so they are providing drinks as you need them. And the attendant generally stays right in the area and was super accessible.
For those of you who are regular visitors to Y&B, be prepared to see many unfamiliar faces. The lifeguards are all being pulled from the closed water parks. The servers at the pool are from mainly Yachtsman and the regular servers at SAB are still on furlough or have been let go. We do see a few familiar faces with a few of the coordinators and people who man the gates but many of those are being pulled from different locations as well. I must say it is a little strange.

Btw, if any one is here and so inclined, stop by and say hello. It is just hubby and I celebrating our 30th and you can’t miss us. We always sit on the Beach Club side of SAB at a table with Beaches and Cream behind us. We have the fancy plastic wine and champagne glasses.

I literally logged in to say the same thing. Was so nice to finally meet you. My bad...I knew our trips overlapped early and didn’t get a new password to log in to post soon enough. I will totally look for you again on the BOG board. I can tell you now, we will be here in April and around the same week in October 2021. That has become our recent travel pattern. When we are here we usually spend a week plus because we drive from the mid-Atlantic region. Would love to spend some real quality time with you and your “others” whoever they may be or any others who have a fondness for Y&B

Thanks for the info about the cabana service. Very helpful.

I'm not sure if I have you on the Be Our Guest list for April and Oct so I'll check and add you if needed.

Happy Anniversary!!!

:love::love:

We checked in Monday. If you see a woman wearing as Goofy hat , Goofy mask, and Goofy tshirt following or between 2 ECV’s- that’s me! Yesterday I was using a rollator because I twisted my back loading the car on Monday. Pop usually has on his jet an veteran hat, and Sis has a different outfit and mask for every day.
We have a handicapped room with roll in shower and I’ll post more details (like room number, location, and photos) once we leave. There is plenty of room for 2 ECV’s, the rollator, and a wheelchair, although we changed our setup for bathroom breaks using the wheelchair.
Last night we had the foot long chili dog from the marketplace at A&C. I was thinking skinny hot dogs, but they were huge! If youwant me to check for something in particular at the market, ljust ask. They do have an assortment of the Make a Wish collection already.
Sarah

Hope your trip is absolutely magical!

Checked in yesterday. Had emailed the GM email our room request (I typically do this and see better results), we didn’t get the view of Epcot/Spaceship Earth, but a view of the quiet pool river so still very nice, but the best part is we were upgraded for free from a studio to a one bedroom. It was such a nice surprise when we got to the room after our room ready text about noon. It’s been so nice after being at pop the first 3 nights.

Have a wonderful trip!

:woohoo:

All this makes me wonder what my neighbors will hear us doing in Dec and March.
:scared: 🤫🤷‍♀️

:welcome: back to posting here. So are your upcoming trips in Dec and March at YC, BCV or elsewhere?

:cool2:

I posted this on the Here on Now thread:

*snip*

Once again, thanks for the awesome feedback!!!

::yes::

Page 1718

Many thanks, but can someone explain the Be Our Guest list please? Thanks

I don't believe I have you on the Be Our Guest list, so I will add you for September. Yacht Club?

I have kind of lost track on the cabana info, but I think it is 60 days, no idea on the phone number when calling from the UK, and as others have indicated, you can currently only book for a full day. I guess it will be several months before you are able to reserve one for your trip.

:beach:

Thanks for sharing your experience and recommendation.

Yes, Tom is awesome!

The Sunken Treasure has had such a rollercoaster run. Was popular, then discontinued, then brought back following guest uproar, then disappeared again

The Black Cherry Lemonade sounds lovely!

:drinking1

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Many thanks, but can someone explain the Be Our Guest list please? Thanks

Hi-

The Be Our Guest List is just a way we have of keeping track of guests who have upcoming trips to the resort- Yacht Club, Beach Club Village, Beach Club when it is open.

There are no special perks or benefits, but some people find it fun to have a tangible place to celebrate the next vacation. Especially these days!!!

Post 15: Be Our Guest List

:cool2:

Yacht Club Club Level vs Boardwalk Inn Club Level and Beach Club Villas vs. Boardwalk Villas
- Posted to link to Page 1, Post 16, Review Section

GADisneyDad14-you made the leap from BWI club level to Yacht Club and have talked very fondly of the resort. With 19 stays at the Boardwalk what can we expect in terms of differences? I am researching but also like first hand experience.

Best Aunt:

Well I'm not the person you asked, and I'm DVC so I don't stay in the regular hotel rooms, but I've stayed at both BCV and BWV several times.

Pre-Covid: if it was a hot day and you had a late flight, the locker room at BWV was a good place to shower and change before heading to the airport. YC/BC does have showers by the pool, but they were an afterthought and I don't think they have as much space around them as the showers within a locker room do. I hear the YC/BC showers have reopened; I don't know if the BW locker room has reopened.

If it's hot or rainy, YC and BC have gift shops and places to eat within the hotel. At BW you have to go down to the BoardWalk, except for that tiny gift shop in the lobby (which has not re-opened since COVID).

If it's hot and sunny, the walk from YC/BC to Epcot feels a lot shorter than the walk from BW to Epcot. It's not as noticeable in cooler weather. But I suppose if you are walking to DHS, you've got the opposite feel.

I think the grab-and-go food situation at YC/BC is better than at Boardwalk. The gift shop on the BoardWalk doesn't have much grab-and-go food, probably because they assume you will go over to BoardWalk Bakery -- but BoardWalk Bakery doesn't have much grab-and-go either. I'm thinking a salad, or some carrot sticks. The cupcake situation is fine on both sides of the lake.

If you want someplace to sit other than your room or the lobby - BC has the Solarium and BCV has 2 rooms off the little lobby. BoardWalk has nothing except the Belle Vue Lounge.

BWV has a Community Hall (and you do not need to be a DVC member to go in there); BCV doesn't.

People will comment on how the BC has more of a family-friendly atmosphere and YC and BoardWalk feel more adult-oriented, but frankly I've never noticed that.

I'm happy at either one. And if I stay anywhere else, I end up wishing that I was at either one.

**********************************************************************************************************

GADisneyDad14:

Oh gosh, I’m not really a BWI person so I’m probably the wrong person to answer. And if you’ve had 19 stays at BWI, you and I may be wired differently so not sure anything I have to say has any value. :-)

Poly is more of my stomping grounds. One reason I grew fond of YC is that it’s sort of the anti-Poly, in a way. Clean, sleek rooms, a less bustling vibe, a pool where you can spread out/not always be in people soup. I like that you can see/walk to a little more action either over at the BW or walking into Epcot, but you can go home to the slightly quieter confines of YC. And I’ll mention the room itself again - I just really like the latest renovation and style - to me it really makes the most of what are otherwise somewhat small rooms sizes among the Epcot resorts.

I don’t think YC CL can compare to BWI CL, especially for die hard BWI CL fans. If only someday we can get back to those kinds of debates.

I like that YC is a somewhat compact resort and nothing is particularly far from the lobby or SAB, other than maybe the rooms on the end of the wings towards Swolphin. I concede the layout of BWI confuses the heck out of me, YC is something I can handle.

Perhaps interestingly, YC has a ton of appeal to us for both our normal trips with the kids and an adults only trip. It’s a very versatile resort.

Anyway, sorry for the rambling, but maybe it helps!

Two quick questions: are washer dryers available at yacht club still and currently can you still have merchandise shipped back home was wondering if anything new concerning them both.

Two quick questions: are washer dryers available at yacht club still and currently can you still have merchandise shipped back home was wondering if anything new concerning them both.

Yep, both are available as normal. You can have merchandise shipped home, just can’t have it held at the front of the park or sent to your resort.

Hope that helps!

I haven't used this but I assume it still works for determining if a washer or dryer is available in the Disney laundry room of your choice:
https://www.laundryview.com/selectProperty?property=7463
I used the laundry room at the Yacht Club and it has three washing machines. The diagram/picture of the laundry room on the Laundryview website showed two washing machines, which was a little confusing. But the list included three washing machines. There are six dryers.

Hello we are going in November and I wanted to know if anyone can post an image of the current refillable mug.. and where can I purchase this on property. I do not know if I need to walk to bwv somewhere to purchase or if they are avail closer. Thanks

Hello we are going in November and I wanted to know if anyone can post an image of the current refillable mug.. and where can I purchase this on property. I do not know if I need to walk to bwv somewhere to purchase or if they are avail closer. Thanks

You can purchase a refillable mug at any resort QS. If you are staying at Yacht Club, then your QS in the building is the Market at Ale & Compass. If you are staying in the Beach Club Villas, then your QS is in the main Beach Club building and is the Marketplace.

I dont have pics on hand but they are the same mugs as last year, even the xmas mug is the same as last year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter