• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Should I book at Yacht Club in January (keeping in mind that we have a family trip booked in December to Disney)? I've been really wanting to try it out, especially for Stormalong Bay, and the great rates are really tempting me, and I do have an AP.

The time frame (just over a month after our scheduled trip), and the fact that it's January and might not be the best weather for Stormalong are holding me back. Thoughts?
Resort prices are low in January but the weather is very unpredictable. It can be warm enough to swim or cold enough to wear winter coats. There is no way to know ahead of time. :)

Good Morning! We are currently booked in a GV room at BC for Sept 2021. This was originally booked for Sept 2020, we called and moved it in late July before they said they didn't have an official reopening date for BC. We have not been contacted by Disney yet but I recall reading others booked for Fall of 2021 have. Is anyone else on here still booked in a regular (non-DVC) room for Fall of 2021? Would you call or wait it out?

Good Morning! We are currently booked in a GV room at BC for Sept 2021. This was originally booked for Sept 2020, we called and moved it in late July before they said they didn't have an official reopening date for BC. We have not been contacted by Disney yet but I recall reading others booked for Fall of 2021 have. Is anyone else on here still booked in a regular (non-DVC) room for Fall of 2021? Would you call or wait it out?
We had BC for April 2021 (spring break) and we did not wait it out only for one reason- we wanted that area. I had no doubt Disney would do right by us however, I’d be sad if they didn’t have anything in that area. We had our heart set on beach club only. We had standard view and because price was the same for BCV studio we did that.

4th Floor by the main elevators. 2 Washers and 2 Dryers. Laundryview is showing 2 available for each right now!

Are the laundry rooms just for DVC members or anyone staying in the BCV? Also, what is the "Laundry view"? We are staying 5 nights and I'd much rather pack less and do laundry once then pay 50 bucks each way on an extra bag! Thank you!

Do they sell any face masks at The Market at Ale & Compass? I’d love to get some Disney masks prior to getting into the parks!

Proceed with caution with the Disney face masks. The first batch ran very small and had very thick elastic which pulled your ears forward. They have added larger sizes but I hear the sizing is very inconsistent. Take masks with you and consider it pixie dust if a Disney mask fits and is comfortable.

I think masks are like sneakers. (Or bras.) Even if they technically are the right size, that doesn’t mean they fit you well and are comfortable. And being at Disney is not the time to try a new one and discover that you can’t stand wearing it all day.

We are booked for April 2021 and I called because I wanted to get at least the Yacht Club. We were interested in stormalong bay

Proceed with caution with the Disney face masks. The first batch ran very small and had very thick elastic which pulled your ears forward. They have added larger sizes but I hear the sizing is very inconsistent. Take masks with you and consider it pixie dust if a Disney mask fits and is comfortable.

I think masks are like sneakers. (Or bras.) Even if they technically are the right size, that doesn’t mean they fit you well and are comfortable. And being at Disney is not the time to try a new one and discover that you can’t stand wearing it all day.

I’ll definitely be bringing a bunch of masks with me next month (planning 2 per day). I actually already own some of their masks (the attractions collection with HM, IASW, etc.) and want to pick up one or two others, not the 4 pack that they have on the ShopDisney site. But that’s good to know about the inconsistency in sizing- I won’t plan on these being as comfy!

Are the laundry rooms just for DVC members or anyone staying in the BCV? Also, what is the "Laundry view"? We are staying 5 nights and I'd much rather pack less and do laundry once then pay 50 bucks each way on an extra bag! Thank you!
Anyone staying in BCV. Laundryview is an app you can download to monitor machine availability.

I’ll definitely be bringing a bunch of masks with me next month (planning 2 per day). I actually already own some of their masks (the attractions collection with HM, IASW, etc.) and want to pick up one or two others, not the 4 pack that they have on the ShopDisney site. But that’s good to know about the inconsistency in sizing- I won’t plan on these being as comfy!

any concerns about the shopdisney four pack of masks? We were considering buying some.

We ordered two of the shopDisney four packs back in May or early June. They arrived in July and they were terrible. We ordered all size large. Five of the larges were absolutely not large. The others could’ve been described as large but they actually were different sizes from each other so some fit better than others. There was really only one mask that fit well and was cut well. The straps on that one broke the second time I tried to wear it.

any concerns about the shopdisney four pack of masks? We were considering buying some.

None at all- they were great. I just don’t love all the designs in the other 4 packs. I wanted one of the Star Wars designs and a holiday one!

As previously mentioned by others, it sounds like sizing is an issue. Mine worked out perfect for me but not for others.

Page 1711-1712

I couldn't pass up a 40% discount at the Yacht Club for our January 3-8, 2021 trip. We were booked at full price for a studio at Copper Creek but it wasn't available at all, for any dates I tried, with the general or AP discount. Plus, during this continuing pandemic - ugh - walking to two parks is a big plus. So I switched our Copper Creek reservation to Yacht Club and we saved $520 by making the switch. :)

YAY!!! More YC for you! I hope you enjoy your first (and second) stay since the renovation.

I'll add you to the list.

:woohoo:

I booked with the AP discount this morning too. YC March 18- 22. Milestone birthday for our DS. I hope this trip can happen!

Fantastic! I'll add you to the list.

:goodvibes

Super excited. We've just booked our first WDW trip, and will be staying at BCV in March 2021. Taking our daughters, 9 and 5, who I think will love Stormalong Bay and the resort as a whole. This entire thread has so much wonderful information. No questions to ask, just wanted to post with those who might understand my excitement.

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

I'm glad you have found lots of useful information here. Feel free to ask any questions you may have before your trip!

:cool1:

We booked YC this morning for 1/10-16. (Boardwalk was out). We got a standard view. Now, I just need to cancel my reservation for the Cabins. We are losing the space, but YC is costing us only about $100 more than a stay at the cabins, and now we can WALK TO 2 PARKS!! YAYE!! (Plus we budgeted the cost of original rack rates to the cabins, so now we have QS meals covered for lunch and dinner every day).

I know the Yacht Club might not be as cool for the kids as other places, but we can still walk along the boardwalk, great trails along lake, and the atmosphere feels great.

2 Questions... Is YC a moderate or Deluxe Resort? (What is the nightly parking costs?)
We are staying at a close hotel on Saturday 1/9. (Spending about $150 instead of $400 lol). Our first park day is 1/10 (the day we arrive at YC.) Can we drive over to YC very early and park our car and then jump on the Bus for MK? What time do the buses start? If I want to be on first bus, how early should i get there before the start of buses, an hour? 1.5 hours? Are the buses beating the drivers to MK?

Thank you for the information. Just to be clear though, can we park at the hotel early in the day and bus to the park (like say 8am) long before we ever actually go to our hotel room?

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:cool2:

As others have indicated, YC is a Deluxe Resort.

You can park at the resort pretty early on your check in day, definitely before your room is ready. Just let them know at the gate that your reservation starts that day.

Most people recommend using bus transportation to get to the Magic Kingdom entrance gates because driving, or even taking an Uber or taxi will only get you to the TTC. Once you get on the bus, the ride to the MK is about 15 minutes.

I'm not sure about the timing of the bus operation and when you should arrive in these recent months.

:magnify:

View attachment 533926

I know several people ask about the cabanas. We are finishing our rental for today right now and I haven’t seen a dessert tray photo recently, so here was our tray today!

Once again, thanks for posting this photo.

A-MAZING!!!

🍰

Page 1713

We placed a mobile order for Ale & Compass tonight. It took about 30 minutes to prepare when we arrived for pick-up. Something to keep in mind if you are in a hurry or looking for “fast food”. They mention the wait will be similar to dining in the restaurant on their app. Not everything that they serve in the restaurant is listed on their mobile menu. (Like most mobile menus we have experienced here). Overall, everything was good.
View attachment 533943

Thanks again for this photo!

I'll add it to the Ale & Compass post.

:thanks:

Have you ever received a view of the quiet pool instead of a view of the lake when you booked a YC water view room in the past?

:)

Not exactly answering your question, but our last trip was YC GV and we looked out on the YC quiet pool.

The reply below provides more evidence:

:magnify:

Many years ago. They have since reclassified the room views & those are now garden view. This is the map Dee has on the YC info post on page 1. You can see that the rooms facing the quiet pool are garden view. Of course, this was all from before the shut down. So if things changed, none of us know it yet. ;)

View attachment 533998

:thumbsup2

Hello, Dee,

Well, our plans have changed AGAIN (4th time? maybe 5th?) Anyway, we have changed our Yacht Club Garden View reservation from 4/24-5/1 to 4/10-4/17, so we could take advantage of the AP discount.... Saved $900!! YIPPEE!!

We REALLY need to have this trip stick!!! We'll be two wild "mature" ladies on scooters!

When you get a moment, can you change our dates on the BOG list? Thanks!!

Got it!

That's an awesome savings! I'll make the change.

:woohoo:

Haha, I “Disney Mathed” myself from a garden view into a water view for my stay this past September. The difference for four nights was around $200 after AP discount. Zero regrets, it gave balcony time a real Disney feel so that it was an event in itself. It was wonderful to wake up to this every morning!

View attachment 534018

How much time do you plan to spend on the balcony, and are you people and activity watchers? Garden views can be very pretty too, but most of them don’t have anything in particular to look at besides trees and greenery. A very lucky few will get a sideways Gazebo view. Not bad at all, very quiet and pleasant, and you will be away from the entrance and parking areas. It’s a great choice if you use your balcony mainly for a morning coffee or just a bit of quiet time away from the bustle.

HOLY MOLY!!!

That is a gorgeous view and picture!!!

:love:

There is chatter on the Swan & Dolphin thread suggesting to just walk over to BWI and Yacht Club to catch the bus for MK to avoid being dropped off at the TCC.
Is this change in bus service going to cause the YC busses to be too crowded for rope drop?
we have a scooter in our party, and sometimes it’s hard enough getting on a bus at peak time.

There is chatter on the Swan & Dolphin thread suggesting to just walk over to BWI and Yacht Club to catch the bus for MK to avoid being dropped off at the TCC.
Is this change in bus service going to cause the YC busses to be too crowded for rope drop?
we have a scooter in our party, and sometimes it’s hard enough getting on a bus at peak time.

I will say we are normally bus riders and we chose to drive to each park due to Covid. We noticed a lot of others driving from the resort as well. So, maybe it won’t have too much of an impact in the immediate future.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter