Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Are washer/dryers in every DVC building at BC?

See Dave's response below.

Also, I believe that all of the 1 Bedroom and 2 Bedroom villas have washers and dryers.

There is a post about all things Laundry at the Yacht & Beach club on Page 1, Post 5 (Amenities), but I think you have the info you were looking for.

:laundy:

There is only 1 DVC building at the BC. The laundry room is on the 4th floor with 2 washers and 1 dryer. You can check the status of the machines using the following.

Link: https://www.laundryview.com/home/6550/4571851/BEACH-CLUB-VILLAS/BEACH-CLUB-VILLAS
Dave

:thanks:

Serious question:

Is there an August activities schedule for the BCV and Yacht Club, which is opening at the end of the month?

:magnify:

Last edited:

Are washer/dryers in every DVC building at BC?

There is only 1 DVC building at the BC. The laundry room is on the 4th floor with 2 washers and 1 dryer.

Also, I believe that all of the 1 Bedroom and 2 Bedroom villas have washers and dryers.

Correct, BCV is all in one building and the laundry room is on the 4th floor.

Correct, all 1 bedroom villas and 2 bedroom villas have washers and dryers in the rooms. The laundry room on the 4th floor is intended for people staying in studios, which do not have washers and dryers in the room.

I have been out of commission for a bit, so I have gotten behind, again.

Anything new going on???

Seriously, I'm making my way through posts, I'll try to capture changes and update the Be Our Guest list. I am now using my virtual pencil, instead of permanent ink for everyone now, not just my friend @pas130 <3

I have no info and I am not going to attempt a guess about whether Stormalong Bay will reopen along with the YC at the end of August. We will know soon enough, I guess, hopefully soon enough for everyone with upcoming trips.

Page 1650-1651

We have canceled our August 2020 trip and have rescheduled for YC August 2021. We’re so sad we won’t be spending our DS 5th birthday at Disney. Hopefully next year we will be swimming in SAB.

I'll update the list and add your trip for next year.

:goodvibes

I didn't mean to be vague about my dates. I'll HAPPILY be at The Beach Club Aug 30 - Sept 3rd! My annual 4 day respite from any of the reality of my world. :genie: THANK YOU!

Have you made a switch to another resort? Where? Hopefully just as HAPPILY.

::yes::

We booked beach Club Villas months ago before craziness hit....specifically for SAB. So disappointed with this...

:welcome: to posting on this thread.

When is your trip? So sorry about the chaos to your plans.

:hug:

We are suppose to stay at the beach club October 14th? Will it be open by then or do I have to call and switch resorts?

We don't know yet, but it looks like Disney will be switching you from the Beach Club. Let us know where you land.

:)

i understand...we had to cancel May at AKL and we had a Nov. trip , booked in Feb. for AKL and had to switch to BC. which is also a favorite. Maybe now YC or CBR.

Let us know where you are switching to.

For our our Sept trip, at first, we were suppose to stay at BWI. Saw it wasn’t going to be opened, had to call (all day & hours on hold), changed to BC, NOW, this morning saw BC not going to be opened, called back & was able to switch to YC. I’m not going to lie, it’s kind frustrating. The CM I spoke to on the phone had no information pertaining to when or IF either BWI or BC would/will open. And basically no more information about anything regarding resorts, parks, etc, other than what’s been posted here on the boards. Also, one thing that did get me a little perturbed, I was told even though it’s Disney closing the resort that is making us more resorts there would be no lateral move for costs. In others words, if the resort we move to is more expensive, we would pay the higher price. Luckily for YC, that wasn’t an issue. But seriously, if they keep YC closed next, what is our option? GF, Wilderness? Then I guess we either pay extra or don’t go. Maybe that’s their master plan to make more money by moving people to higher price deluxe resorts? 🤷🏼‍♀️

I'll update your listing to YC

:cool1:

Well I changed my mind about calling that quickly 😂🤣. I saw that there was availability at Yacht Club for our dates so figured I might as well go ahead and make the change before availability became potentially more limited since we are going Thanksgiving week. So our new information if you want to update the list BOG @natebenma, is 11/19 - 11/28 Yacht Club Garden/Woods View.

Got it!

:woohoo:

Feature pools at other hotels not currently occupied by NBA players are open, correct? That gives me hope that SAB will open in late August when Yacht Club opens for guests. We just switched a November stay from Boardwalk to Yacht Club, and my husband is thrilled because he has always wanted to stay there. We are hoping SAB will be open for our daughter!

Given that they've always checked Magic Bands/room keys at the gate, I wonder if it would be possible to enforce a SAB capacity each day. Although with only YC and BCV open, that's likely not an issue.

Given that they've always checked Magic Bands/room keys at the gate, I wonder if it would be possible to enforce a SAB capacity each day. Although with only YC and BCV open, that's likely not an issue.

Plus, there are three other pools available - 2 quiet pools on the BC/BVC side that I believe will be available to guests at BVC, and the YC quiet pool. In addition, not all guests, (people like me and a few others who have posted here), are all that interested in the big pool - if we want to swim, the smaller quiet pools are our first choice.

And the way the rumors are flying around about capacity at both the Villas and the Resorts that will be open, I really doubt that there will be a problem with capacity at SAB when it opens, for this year anyway.

But who knows what the future will bring.....

For me, it's now the Yacht Club. Same dates. Same hopes and dreams!
Thanks!!!

I have been out of commission for a bit, so I have gotten behind, again.

Anything new going on???

Seriously, I'm making my way through posts, I'll try to capture changes and update the Be Our Guest list. I am now using my virtual pencil, instead of permanent ink for everyone now, not just my friend @pas130 <3

I have no info and I am not going to attempt a guess about whether Stormalong Bay will reopen along with the YC at the end of August. We will know soon enough, I guess, hopefully soon enough for everyone with upcoming trips.

Page 1650-1651

I'll update the list and add your trip for next year.

:goodvibes

Have you made a switch to another resort? Where? Hopefully just as HAPPILY.

:welcome: to posting on this thread.

When is your trip? So sorry about the chaos to your plans.

:hug:

We don't know yet, but it looks like Disney will be switching you from the Beach Club. Let us know where you land.

:)

Let us know where you are switching to.

I'll update your listing to YC

:cool1:

Got it!

:woohoo:

Had to call this AM to (finally) get the PH+ option removed from our tickets. The CM was unsurprisingly unhelpful when I asked about SAB - so, we're just going to continue to wait and see... :rolleyes1 I'm just really struggling justifying our stay at YC for a higher price if A&C isn't open, SAB isn't open, and we could easily switch to BWI for a slightly shorter/less convoluted walk to the parks and other dining options, or a less expensive Skyliner resort. What to do, what to do... :(

I would think that once YC opens A&C and Yachtsman would open even if SAB doesn't. Similar to CG and CM opening once they opened Contemporary. But you never know.

SAB not like other feature pools (as we all know) ... and requires more staffing ... Even before NBA took over, Disney stayed pool would not be open initially as demand wouldn’t be there. Not booking BC and keeping ppl out if YC, isn’t helping with that lol

I was really hoping to stay at the Yacht or Beach Club next year, October 2021. I’m hoping that is far enough out for the resorts to open because things have started to normalize. It is to be our first stay at a Deluxe, so I don’t want the experience limited.

For those that have BC booked for 2021 and were moved, were you offered choices or did Disney just move you? We’d be fine if we were moved to the YC or any of the monorail resorts, but wouldn’t be thrilled with some of the other resorts. I’m wondering if I should just call and change our resort now or wait and see what happens.

For those that have BC booked for 2021 and were moved, were you offered choices or did Disney just move you? We’d be fine if we were moved to the YC or any of the monorail resorts, but wouldn’t be thrilled with some of the other resorts. I’m wondering if I should just call and change our resort now or wait and see what happens.

The way I look at it is, the sooner you talk to them, the more chance that they will have a number of options. If you wait to the last minute for Disney to just put you where they have room, you might not have a choice to move. You can always call and see what options they give you. You don't have to make any decisions on that call and can call back to see what another cast member says.

We had BC for the end of this month and are now at YC (which is fine!). I'm thinking opening SAB with just YC open and BC still closed would be a good way to try to limit the people at SAB. Maybe it's wishful thinking because we REALLY want SAB to open, but a part of me thinks it makes sense. Can't imagine everyone trying to fit and spread out at just the one small/quiet pool. It always sounds nice to be able to use the BWI pool, but in reality it's just more convenient for people to stay put.

We had BC for the end of this month and are now at YC (which is fine!). I'm thinking opening SAB with just YC open and BC still closed would be a good way to try to limit the people at SAB. Maybe it's wishful thinking because we REALLY want SAB to open, but a part of me thinks it makes sense. Can't imagine everyone trying to fit and spread out at just the one small/quiet pool. It always sounds nice to be able to use the BWI pool, but in reality it's just more convenient for people to stay put.

TBH I don't understand why they wouldn't open SAB - you can't argue that it's cost because that's what you're paying a premium on the room for??? And with occupancy limits it shouldn't be an issue, it looks like a huge pool.

We continue to wait and see.......... :rolleyes1

• Love
Reactions: TJA
The way I look at it is, the sooner you talk to them, the more chance that they will have a number of options. If you wait to the last minute for Disney to just put you where they have room, you might not have a choice to move. You can always call and see what options they give you. You don't have to make any decisions on that call and can call back to see what another cast member says.

This is good advice. Thank you!

The CM started looking at other resorts at Epcot, starting with YC and gave a price for a 1 bedroom at BCV and at BWV, same thing happened when we switched another reservation from BWI. On the BC reservation we initially went with BCV, but later switched to Riviera because we realized we just really wanted to try it (and it was only like 3 nights of our 8 night trip, so not a huge deal). For our BWV we chose YC because the price was actually cheaper, and since it's just DH and I we didn't need a villa (what was offered even though a studio would do). They never once looked at prices at resorts outside of the Epcot area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter