Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

In two weeks, I'll be driving to Baltimore to stay a night before flying out for our Disney trip. Very excited! I just swapped out our reservation for a regular table at Flying Fish for the Chef's Table. It really was a great meal and I think my sister will love it. Last time, I got an email from the chef asking about allergies. With any luck, I'll get another and remember to reply that my sister and Amara don't eat meat.

In two weeks, I'll be driving to Baltimore to stay a night before flying out for our Disney trip. Very excited! I just swapped out our reservation for a regular table at Flying Fish for the Chef's Table. It really was a great meal and I think my sister will love it. Last time, I got an email from the chef asking about allergies. With any luck, I'll get another and remember to reply that my sister and Amara don't eat meat.

We are also flying out of Baltimore. We live 20 minutes from philly. We are so excited !

Looking forward to meeting all the newer Disers tomorrow and Monday at the BC!!!!

AND of course the old timers!! (Hurry up and get there already Michael!!) (For all that know and love him, he is stuck at BWI trying to get here today.)
See you tomorrow Teena!!!! ☺️

I just have to say (as I'm sitting on my balcony overlooking the quiet pool) that I'm in LOVE. We've always stayed in MK area hotels, but we have only been at the BC one day and I think I have a new favorite. We were a split stay at PVB studios and this just feels like a breath of fresh air. I can't put my finger on it, but something just didn't feel "right" there :)

I can see plastic on the windows on the first floor below us, and we can access the door at the end of our hall to get to the stairs to go to Epcot, but were told you can't go in that way from the outside, we didn't try because we had sleeping kids in a stroller.

These new rooms are gorgeous! Our bellman told us we were the first to stay in ours, but I thought the second floor had been done for a little while, didn't know if he was just trying to make us feel special? Either way it looks (and smells) brand new.

Does anyone else feel like the sand pool is an amazing exfoliator, I swear I've had sugar scrubs that feel just like that, haha.

Mid-point trip update ☺️We arrived 7/29 on my eldest DD's 15 th bday. Our flight arrived 30 min sooner (yay!). We arrived at the BC by 10:45am & our room was ready! We're on the 4th floor, garden view facing Epcot so we can see Illuminations at night! ☺️ it's one of the refurbished rooms with a full balcony. The beds are heavenly!!! Soooo soft!!

Weather has been great up til today-just a typical rain/thunderstorm that's over fairly quickly each afternoon. Today though, it's been raining since 12:55pm (I know this because our FP for Kali was then & they had to shut it down) pretty hard at times. Supposed to be like this all evening too. I'm doing laundry right now while hubby naps in the soft bed and my 2 teens catch up on Instagram.

It's been 4 loooong years since our last trip-lots of new things to us! Mine train is amazing! Lots and lots of construction in AK & MK. We're getting much accomplished & having a magical time!! Looking forward to catching up with Teena tomorrow!! Only 3 more sleeps left here :(

Oh, and unrelated completely, why is our skin almost perfect when we're here?? No blemishes...nice & soft! I'll have to move not only for Disney, but great skin too!! LOL! Is it the water? Humidity? Dole Whips? No idea....

Last edited:
We are also flying out of Baltimore. We live 20 minutes from philly. We are so excited !

When are you leaving? Harrisburg used to have a non-stop carrier (Frontier), but they left in April, or something like that. We've flown out of Baltimore before, but not for a while. I have a list of things I have to do before we leave. One is calling TSA to see if they can have things ready when we go through security. My toddler has a pacemaker and can't go through most scanners. TSA tends to freak when they realize they have to pat down a toddler because they think someone is there recording things to post on facebook and youtube about how TSA is out of control because they think a toddler will take down a jet plane. I don't mind the security measures at all. Just don't want to have to wait for eons while they find someone to okay the pat down.
Mid-point trip update ☺️We arrived 7/29 on my eldest DD's 15 th bday. Our flight arrived 30 min sooner (yay!). We arrived at the BC by 10:45am & our room was ready! We're on the 4th floor, garden view facing Epcot so we can see Illuminations at night! ☺️ it's one of the refurbished rooms with a full balcony. The beds are heavenly!!! Soooo soft!!

Weather has been great up til today-just a typical rain/thunderstorm that's over fairly quickly each afternoon. Today though, it's been raining since 12:55pm (I know this because our FP for Kali was then & they had to shut it down) pretty hard at times. Supposed to be like this all evening too. I'm doing laundry right now while hubby naps in the soft bed and my 2 teens catch up on Instagram.

It's been 4 loooong years since our last trip-lots of new things to us! Mine train is amazing! Lots and lots of construction in AK & MK. We're getting much accomplished & having a magical time!! Looking forward to catching up with Teena tomorrow!! Only 3 more sleeps left here :(

Oh, and unrelated completely, why is our skin almost perfect when we're here?? No blemishes...nice & soft! I'll have to move not only for Disney, but great skin too!! LOL! Is it the water? Humidity? Dole Whips? No idea....

My skin is so happy when we're in Florida. Even my eyes are happy. I can't wear contacts at work because it's so dry in my office. They are all kinds of happy in Florida. I've already told my husband I'm moving south as soon as I'm allowed to retire.

drea21, I agree about the sand bottom. I wasn't sure what to expect last summer. Something like beach sand. Not those perfect tiny pebbles. I swear, I could have sat there forever squishing the sand between my toes.

A few years back, my oldest daughter was working on her bronze award for girl scouts and she wanted to put together care packages for families staying at the Ronald McDonald house. We saved all of our shampoo and conditioner from Disney and put that in some of the bags (they made tote bags from recycled t-shirts). It was a really neat project.

A few years back, my oldest daughter was working on her bronze award for girl scouts and she wanted to put together care packages for families
The high school I formerly taught at did stockings like this at Christmas, for disadvantaged youths. It's such a great use for all that hotel stuff, everyone has lying around.

When are you leaving? Harrisburg used to have a non-stop carrier (Frontier), but they left in April, or something like that. We've flown out of Baltimore before, but not for a while. I have a list of things I have to do before we leave. One is calling TSA to see if they can have things ready when we go through security. My toddler has a pacemaker and can't go through most scanners. TSA tends to freak when they realize they have to pat down a toddler because they think someone is there recording things to post on facebook and youtube about how TSA is out of control because they think a toddler will take down a jet plane. I don't mind the security measures at all. Just don't want to have to wait for eons while they find someone to okay the pat down.

My skin is so happy when we're in Florida. Even my eyes are happy. I can't wear contacts at work because it's so dry in my office. They are all kinds of happy in Florida. I've already told my husband I'm moving south as soon as I'm allowed to retire.

drea21, I agree about the sand bottom. I wasn't sure what to expect last summer. Something like beach sand. Not those perfect tiny pebbles. I swear, I could have sat there forever squishing the sand between my toes.

A few years back, my oldest daughter was working on her bronze award for girl scouts and she wanted to put together care packages for families staying at the Ronald McDonald house. We saved all of our shampoo and conditioner from Disney and put that in some of the bags (they made tote bags from recycled t-shirts). It was a really neat project.

We fly out 8/26. Philly was very expensive for non stop flights at times we wanted.

We fly out 8/26. Philly was very expensive for non stop flights at times we wanted.

I have friends who said they had some crazy cheap prices to fly SW out of Philly, but we weren't able to find anything reasonable. Philly is about the same distance from us as BWI, so it didn't really matter. And 83S is slightly less painful than driving on the Schuylkill.
The high school I formerly taught at did stockings like this at Christmas, for disadvantaged youths. It's such a great use for all that hotel stuff, everyone has lying around.

I travel for work several weeks out of the year. I was able to stock up a fair amount of product for the bags. I want to do it again. As much as I love the Disney stuff, I like donating it more.

I've got some good news and some bad news.

Good News- I have the August activities schedule! YAY!!! :cool1:

Bad News- It's PINK!

My fault- need to change the blue cartridge on my printer and it is my DH's job. He is watching a movie so I don't want to bug him, but as soon as I can, I'll replace it with the correct color scheme because this WILL drive me nuts.

I am happy to see Trivia on Monday afternoons- I may have to show off the incredible amounts of useless information I carry around in my head.

::yes::

Scanning it now, so hopefully I'll be back soon...

The sun light has bacteria killing waves, around wrinkle smoothing collagen building waves, around melanin producing waves, around the same damaging radiation that causes skin cancer. I was looking at my Disney pictures and really noticed how much better I looked with a tan compared to the pale I started off with at the beginning of each trip.

I have friends who said they had some crazy cheap prices to fly SW out of Philly, but we weren't able to find anything reasonable. Philly is about the same distance from us as BWI, so it didn't really matter. And 83S is slightly less painful than driving on the Schuylkill.

I travel for work several weeks out of the year. I was able to stock up a fair amount of product for the bags. I want to do it again. As much as I love the Disney stuff, I like donating it more.

We come from south NJ to PHL, it's just across the bridge. I stocked our share bathroom with Disney supplies...they are also great in a pinch of you run out of your regular stuff before buying a replacement...

It really is Love at First Sight!! Got hooked on the resort back in 2010, and it's very hard to steer away from it! That sandy bottom pool eased away my tension for a full 7 days our first trip!!!
OK, this is pretty amazing!! Am I the only one so excited about this new Laundry Online Thingy?????
My kids rank SAB among the best pools ever! I used the online app for laundry at CBR-it is so cool!

Spent the last hour trying to book a F&W Festival Sampler Package for Nov 9th. Dining center rep had never heard of it and said it's not in the system yet. I informed her people were buying it yesterday. After being put on hold several times and three dining reps later they were able to find it and book it for us. Yay! One more thing to look forward to. 99 days can't come fast enough. :)
yeah-if you know something is open to book often you have to talk a CM through it-happened to me several times booking Star Wars Weekends special dining and events. Disboards peeps are often far far far (X1000) better informed than those poor phone CM's. I had a CM thank me profusely for walking her through a booking process for a special SWW event lol-and the only reason I knew how to do that was from the Star Wars planning thread! Hopefully it made her life (and the people who called after) easier. I swear we would still be lost in the swamps of Florida without the extremely helpful people I've found here! I do have to say the people on this thread and a couple others on Disboards are so nice! I check in on other boards regularly and people are much snarkier and sarcastic than so many of the regulars here.

And the regulars here will make you look like Rock STARS to your family when you start talking "secret entrances" to BC....:worship:

Are we the only ones who got a good airfare out of Philly?

Non stop flights. 6:30 am on the way down and 8:30 pm on the way home. I checked recently and saw the flights would be $1000 more for the five is than I paid!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter