Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Was this for me? I know there are Disney emojis that are on the dis, they haven’t changed, have they? This original post was just worded in a way that made me think they had Disney emojis they could use in real life and not just when posting here, if that makes sense? I guess I could also have just googled it...
I honestly don't know. I just clicked the smiley icon and there were a bunch of new emoji so I thought, cool! 🤡😈👨‍✈️🌈🌊🥕🥘

My two friends and I have officially booked a 14-day free dining package at Beach Club (Garden or Woods room) for Sept 2020 (yes, taking advantage of super advanced UK deal). The resort will be new to all of us, as well as our first deluxe stay. We're very excited about it. Any helpful tips, recommendations, or warnings we should know about?

My two friends and I have officially booked a 14-day free dining package at Beach Club (Garden or Woods room) for Sept 2020 (yes, taking advantage of super advanced UK deal). The resort will be new to all of us, as well as our first deluxe stay. We're very excited about it. Any helpful tips, recommendations, or warnings we should know about?
Nah - it's the first time for all of us so we're all learning together! :lmao: Just kidding of course ;)

I would suggest flipping through the first 15 posts or so in this thread. There's probably enough useful and well-organized information to keep you occupied until September 2020!

Hey Dee, No I haven't booked it yet the date is too far out. These are going to be our dates May 3 to May 12, 2021!!!! lol, I know were nuts but we are def going for Disney's 50th ::yes::

My daughter dx today w/ feather allergy. Who do U recommend I call to address room? We leave 6/5. Thank U in advance!
I would just call the main number for the resort (which are you staying at?) It'll be a call center but they'll route you to the right person who can help with that. It shouldn't be a problem at all. Have a great trip!

Phone numbers are in post #13 by the way :) (quoting here)

Call the resort 8-10 days before your trip to make sure your request is noted correctly. The numbers you should use for that are 407-934-8000 for the Beach Club and 407-934-7000

https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...-on-page-1-post-1-13-14.3400342/post-53451148

Last edited:

Hey Dee, No I haven't booked it yet the date is too far out. These are going to be our dates May 3 to May 12, 2021!!!! lol, I know were nuts but we are def going for Disney's 50th ::yes::
Nothing wrong with that. I have a calendar reminder set to book BCV for 10/1/2021 right at 11 months in advance, so I might have you beat on the insanity-o-meter ;)

We have a reservation for Beach Club (standard view) for 7-21 September. We've stayed at Yacht Club before but first time staying at Beach Club. Super excited but also getting a little nervous about the balcony thing. When I booked, I totally forgot that not all rooms have a full balcony and the closer we get the more I'm thinking about how much we liked having the balcony.

I had a look at the FAQs and know to make this my only request. I also know we can move rooms during stay if a balcony room becomes available but how much success do people have with this? If there's a strong chance we won't have a balcony I'm wondering if it's worth exploring a move to Yacht Club.

We have a reservation for Beach Club (standard view) for 7-21 September. We've stayed at Yacht Club before but first time staying at Beach Club. Super excited but also getting a little nervous about the balcony thing. When I booked, I totally forgot that not all rooms have a full balcony and the closer we get the more I'm thinking about how much we liked having the balcony.

I had a look at the FAQs and know to make this my only request. I also know we can move rooms during stay if a balcony room becomes available but how much success do people have with this? If there's a strong chance we won't have a balcony I'm wondering if it's worth exploring a move to Yacht Club.

You've got a 50/50 shot at getting one upon check in. If by chance you do not, if you are willing to move in a day or so you'll have a 100% chance of getting one.

My daughter bailed on our July trip due to work she needs to do for her PhD program at OSU. I understand and didn't want to stress her out further. So, I convinced my sister and her two kids to go on vacation with me. First I was just going to take my niece (14) and nephew (16), but my sister wanted to go, too. Yay! My sister can only come for part of the time, so it'll be just me and the kids for the last couple of days. We needed to add a day at the beginning, but changing my original reservation to add one day at YC caused the price to skyrocket. I ended up reserving one night at Pop Century and then we'll move to YC CL for 8/3 through 8/7 (this change is final!). I'm so excited. My sister and her kids have never stayed at a Deluxe, so they are super pumped. I know the kids will love SAB. I got all the ticket and travel party changes made this morning. It's amazing how some finality to planning can put me in such a good mood. Now to plan for our Fast Passes!

Going to be in Orlando in early September for work and sort of stumbled into a great deal on a pool/lagoon view room at Beach Club. So I guess I'm gonna stick around for the weekend. I'll be rolling solo but I was curious if anyone had any tips on the best way to request a king bed room? I know those aren't as plentiful as the two queens but since it's just me, I'd like to have the bigger bed with more space. I remember you used to be able to request through the app but I don't see it now. Should I just request on arrival? Any suggestions?

Dee so sorry we moved our trip one week due to so many snow days for the girls. We are now 6/6-6/11 YC CL girls only trip !

Nothing wrong with that. I have a calendar reminder set to book BCV for 10/1/2021 right at 11 months in advance, so I might have you beat on the insanity-o-meter ;)

Ummm I may have plans to book BCV for Epcot's in 2022 at the 11 month mark so guys are not alone in your insanity.

Going to be in Orlando in early September for work and sort of stumbled into a great deal on a pool/lagoon view room at Beach Club. So I guess I'm gonna stick around for the weekend. I'll be rolling solo but I was curious if anyone had any tips on the best way to request a king bed room? I know those aren't as plentiful as the two queens but since it's just me, I'd like to have the bigger bed with more space. I remember you used to be able to request through the app but I don't see it now. Should I just request on arrival? Any suggestions?
If you booked directly with Disney, call Central Reservations and request a room with a King bed. If you booked thru a TA or OTA, call them and place the request.

Just so you are aware, having a room with a King bed does not necessarily mean a larger room or more open space. I had a King bedded room that was actually smaller, due to room location. It had the bed, desk w/chair, and chair/ottoman. There was less square footage in that room, which was located next to the electrical closet.

Call 407-W-DISNEY and ask them to add the request to your reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter