Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

It's booked, flights are confirmed! Mid-August vacation! We are FINALLY getting to stay at BC resort!! I'm still amazed how expensive things have become, I remember the good old days where we could score 7 nights at a Deluxe with dining for 2 adults/3 kids for under 3k...Now, it's 4 nights for 5 adults at over 5k (not counting airfare- but that was gratis because I gave up my seat 3x back in March- WORTH IT!) but that includes dining- I booked the Chase dining deal and have booked all our restaurants (Teppan Edo- never been there, Grand Floridian Café- been there once, but need those shrimp and grits!, Cinderella's Castle- been there twice, but this time purely going because it's smack dab in the middle of the park and hey- it's a castle!, Cape May Café- never been, and some place in AK-Yak and Yeti?)
Having never been to BC/YC (we've stayed at OKW, POR, Poly, ContR, AKL), I'll be going through all these posts looking for tips. I did request balcony, we have a Woods/Garden view...looking for tips on how to enjoy this resort. We are mom/dad and kids are all college aged, we love slides...wondering the best time of day to enjoy the pool....I'm assuming August is the WORST weather month for heat, but we're used to heat living in south Texas now. Are there any events scheduled at the resort? Game rooms- my kids love board games/card games? Any tours that tell cool things about the resort? This will likely be our one and only trip here, so want to plan it all out- we are HORRIBLE, we plan out every hour!!! Daughter was in the college program, so she is itching to get back and see the new changes since just last year- she has already planned out our fastpasses that can't be booked for another 2 weeks. Just to let you know the excitement around here...if you have any tips your family loved about BC- please share!! This trip is a redo for a family cruise that ended on day one last December...medical emergency. We are ready to celebrate healing!!

The Pool. The Solarium. The quiet rooms in the Villas (Breezeway and Drawing Room). Enjoy all the benefits of the Boardwalk. And of course the stolls to EPCOT in the evening.

One of my favorite stories. My wife, my grandson and I were in the Villas after a long park day. It's 8:45 and we're whipped. Then it hits me that I can still see Illumination (RIP), I timed it. 7 minutes from out our door to standing at World Showcase Lagoon. Then I just sat and watched as everyone exited and soaked in the music and atmosphere.

Dive into the incredible page 1 of this thread compiled by Dee and see all the hidden gems.

Having never been to BC/YC (we've stayed at OKW, POR, Poly, ContR, AKL), I'll be going through all these posts looking for tips.

The Pool. The Solarium. The quiet rooms in the Villas (Breezeway and Drawing Room). Enjoy all the benefits of the Boardwalk. And of course the stolls to EPCOT in the evening.

One of my favorite stories. My wife, my grandson and I were in the Villas after a long park day. It's 8:45 and we're whipped. Then it hits me that I can still see Illumination (RIP), I timed it. 7 minutes from out our door to standing at World Showcase Lagoon. Then I just sat and watched as everyone exited and soaked in the music and atmosphere.

Dive into the incredible page 1 of this thread compiled by Dee and see all the hidden gems.

Exactly what we love to find!! The quiet spots and reminders to watch Illuminations! Do they pipe in the music? Thanks for the tips!!

Page 1456

We made some changes to our reservations and will stay 3 nights at the beach club instead of 2 at the WL in June
We book the new offer with the Gift Card.

A few questions.

We made our Reservations for the WL Stay and now i have to change a bit.
We hat a Dining Reservation at Crystal Palace for Breakfast at 9 am. How long is the transfer by Bus from the BC to MK?

We book a garden view room, do you have any tips for room request?

And any more tips for the Beach Club?

:welcome: to the thread!

I'll add your trip to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

I'm behind in replying to questions, but hopefully others have given you timely answers.

The ride to the MK from the BC is about 15 minutes, but the amount of time you have to wait for a bus to arrive is the biggest factor. They should be coming along frequently at that time of day, but I recommend that you be at the stop no later than 8 am.

Page 1456-1457

We will be at the beach club october 18 to the 30th. I just booked a Cabana for the Yacht/Beach Club. It says cabana 2? What does that mean the second cabana? Hopefully we will have better luck with the beach club cabana than the grand. We were at the grand last week and the cabana was infested with love bugs they gave us our money back. Hoping for a nice day in October so we can finally enjoy a down time day.

:welcome: back!!!

I'll add you to the list.

:cool1:

We just got back my daughter and I stayed Club Level at the Yacht Club May 7-11, view was of a beautiful Magnolia tree and back of convention center :-). We did not spend much time on the balcony as this was a short trip. Spent many hours at Storm along pool which was very nice aside from swatting at the Love Bugs no biggie >:(:crazy2: they are a pain but didn't ruin our trip :D I have never had them on any of our previous trips.
We arrived on the 6th and stayed in Disney Springs area went to dinner at the Edison and then did the after Hours at Animal Kingdom, Loved loved!!! not many people at all. Everyone should do Animal Kingdom at night, the Tree of Life Awakenings and Avatar land all lite up is very cool. Also did the Extra early hours at Toy Storyland also Loved. Our last day we were walking around Epcot talking about our next trip. Dee could you put us on the calendar for a family trip for Disneys 50th May 3-11 2021, Yacht Club :jumping1:

So glad I get to :welcome: you back so soon!

Have you been able to book a trip so far out?

:woohoo:

Always learning great information on this thread thanks nannabenma for all of the up-to-date specifics!
Can you add us for trip YC CL 6-8 to 6-11, Mom & DD15 end of school getaway! We are split staying from the Poly to YC, 22 days and counting...

:welcome: and thanks for the kind words.

Yes, I will add you to the list. An end of school trip is an awesome idea and I love your YC/Poly split plans.

:goodvibes:

For those who have had Garden View facing volleyball court, please share ur pros/cons of this location. I’m having a terrible time deciding where to request and my teen boys showed interest n the volleyball court.

We had a garden view facing the volleyball court last June and I can't think of any cons. You can get a sideways view of Crescent Lake. The rooms are relatively close to the lobby and not too far from the Epcot entrance. There is an exit door that leads to the volleyball court and is a great way to get to Storm Along Bay and the boat dock. :)

I also stayed in a room that faced the volleyball courtyard- loved the location and sideways view of balcony. I have a review/pictures of the room on the Beach Club Room View thread. I think it was 45XX, but don't quote me on that!

::yes::

Page 1458-1459

:welcome: to the thread and for making your first post here a very helpful one!

::yes::

I believe the cabana closest to the pool is number 1, behind that number 2, the second row was cabana 3 and the furthest away from the pool is cabana 4.
Hi Dee (@natebenma)-
My undefined August trip date had been finalized to July 27-31. It will be my 24 yo DD and me staying YC CL.
Now for the detailed planning. Thanks!

Loving all the photos and reports.

Got it! I'll update the listing.

:cool1:

Back from another wonderful BC stay! Bit bummed because we’ll probably wait 2 years until the next trip.

We took our DD’s best friend with us, so for the first time ever, we booked two rooms (they are 20 now!). They weren’t connecting but they were right next door to one another. We were lucky enough to pretty much have all our requests fulfilled...the other two were lake view on a higher floor, and a full balcony. Rooms 4541 and 4543 were terrific. We were right above the secret entrance. Here’s the view looking straight out:

74D4F273-91DA-49BC-9976-6FA218645039.jpeg

Being that close to Ample Hills is a bit dangerous, though lol! We went twice; that stuff is heavenly!

:sunny:

Back from another wonderful BC stay! Bit bummed because we’ll probably wait 2 years until the next trip.

We took our DD’s best friend with us, so for the first time ever, we booked two rooms (they are 20 now!). They weren’t connecting but they were right next door to one another. We were lucky enough to pretty much have all our requests fulfilled...the other two were lake view on a higher floor, and a full balcony. Rooms 4541 and 4543 were terrific. We were right above the secret entrance. Here’s the view looking straight out:

View attachment 403939

Being that close to Ample Hills is a bit dangerous, though lol! We went twice; that stuff is heavenly!

:sunny:

Love this! I don't think I have seen this particular view before, or if so, not often, so thanks for posting!!!

:goodvibes

How do you get Disney emojis?

The disney emojis are the rewards you collect when you play Disney’s Emoji Blitz game. It’s available on the app store & im pretty sure there is also an android version as well. Fun game, I had downloaded it to keep my GS occupied during long wait times on a WDW trip - worked like a charm! It’s a bit addicting, especially during the various challenges... lol

The disney emojis are the rewards you collect when you play Disney’s Emoji Blitz game. It’s available on the app store & im pretty sure there is also an android version as well. Fun game, I had downloaded it to keep my GS occupied during long wait times on a WDW trip - worked like a charm! It’s a bit addicting, especially during the various challenges... lol

View attachment 403956
Oh, that’s interesting! How hard is it to get the rewards? I think I might have the game, if not I can download it, but as cool as it sounds i don’t think I’m going to start playing a lot just to get them. Maybe my kids will want to play and can work on it for me also haha!

I'll post my PayPal link so you can get your own. Hah. :rolleyes1

Just click the smiley icon and scroll down. It's a whole new world! (no pun intended.....probably ;))

I'll post my PayPal link so you can get your own. Hah. :rolleyes1

Just click the smiley icon and scroll down. It's a whole new world! (no pun intended.....probably ;))
Was this for me? I know there are Disney emojis that are on the dis, they haven’t changed, have they? This original post was just worded in a way that made me think they had Disney emojis they could use in real life and not just when posting here, if that makes sense? I guess I could also have just googled it...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter