Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Currently at the airport waiting to board. Got 3 hours of sleep and will be at the Disney after hours event at Hollywood studios tonight. What did I get myself into? :rotfl:

Looking forward to relaxing before the event. We don't have day passes so it will give us time to explore and enjoy the CL lounge!

We were thinking of booking a CL stay. Does the lounge serve beer and wine all day, or is it only in the evening? Also, is it out and available to take yourself, or does a CM need to bring it to you? TIA for any info!

We were thinking of booking a CL stay. Does the lounge serve beer and wine all day, or is it only in the evening? Also, is it out and available to take yourself, or does a CM need to bring it to you? TIA for any info!
You can get beer and wine all day, but you have to ask a CM for it most of the day. I think they are out from 5-7 during apps, I can’t remember if they are out other times or not but I’m sure someone else will know soon. Also, at least for the wine, there is a CM that pours it for you, it isn’t self serve. That has never been an issue for us, though, just a tad less convenient than when it was all self serve.

We were there last week and a CM serves the beer and wine. It wasn't available to grab yourself. But during the dessert period, the aperitifs were out for people to pour themselves. At least it was when I poured the Kahlua for myself. :)

Does anybody know what night the Captain Hooks Pirate Crew adventure runs?

Per previous link to Chip & Company post:
The event taking place near Epcot at the Beach Club Resort will run from 5pm-8:30pm. This timeline includes the boat ride and a delicious dinner. The price for Captain Hook’s Pirate Crew will be $55 per child plus tax. Full payment will be due at the time of booking.

You can get beer and wine all day, but you have to ask a CM for it most of the day. I think they are out from 5-7 during apps, I can’t remember if they are out other times or not but I’m sure someone else will know soon. Also, at least for the wine, there is a CM that pours it for you, it isn’t self serve. That has never been an issue for us, though, just a tad less convenient than when it was all self serve.

Thanks for the info!

We were there last week and a CM serves the beer and wine. It wasn't available to grab yourself. But during the dessert period, the aperitifs were out for people to pour themselves. At least it was when I poured the Kahlua for myself. :)

Thanks for the info!

“Mermaid School

Guests can become part of Ariel’s world at the Mermaid School at select Walt Disney World resort hotels. Guests ages 4 and older can enjoy an hour-long class where they’ll be fitted with a swimmable “tail” and led through activities teaching them how to swim in a pool like a mermaid. Mermaid School will be offered on select dates at Disney’s Art of Animation Resort, Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort, and Disney’s Yacht and Beach Club Resorts. Classes are $50/person (plus tax). Bookings will open mid-March through 407-WDW-PLAY.“

So for $50 do you think the kids get to keep the mermaid tail??

Thank you. I have just booked this for my daughter. It runs on a Tuesday and Sat at YC and starts at 8am in Stormalong bay

Got to the resort a little after 10AM. Our standard view room was upgraded to a garden view room. I had my suspicion because the app said garden view after I checked it when we landed. I didn't want to spill the beans to my husband because I didn't want to be wrong.

Snapchat-63348138_zpsrmxvqpus.jpg

Here is our view looking out to the left...

I would have 100% paid for a garden or water view if it had been available...I even checked availability daily, nothing. I'm ecstatic to get such a beautiful view!

Also, it's a king room! A big beautiful bed!

Everyone we have encountered at this resort has been so friendly. Also, the bus stop is so close to the main lobby! This may be my new favorite resort!!

We are now on our way to Disney springs to grab lunch! No naps for this chick!

Last edited:
Thank you. I have just booked this for my daughter. It runs on a Tuesday and Sat at YC and starts at 8am in Stormalong bay
Did you call the rec line to book? Called them yesterday and they had no idea what I was talking about, but then I read this morning reservations wouldn’t open until the 17th?

Hi can you add us to the the list...we will be staying at YC Aug. 23 - 31, 2019. We are booked in a Garden/Woods view room! I'm taking my 75 yr old mom for her Birthday!!! This will be my 2nd time at YC and my mom's 1st! I love being able to walk to 2 of the parks....and with her in an ECV it makes it so much easier for her!

Last edited:
Did you call the rec line to book? Called them yesterday and they had no idea what I was talking about, but then I read this morning reservations wouldn’t open until the 17th?

I booked through Disney signature services as part of our stay is club. You can book now for dates past the 17th. They have been offering this swim at Cbc since last year and its on the disney blog so they should know about it!! hope you get it sorted

New (old) change to the transportation procedure to the water parks- starting March 17, 2019 Disney will go back to offering direct, but shared, buses from the resorts to Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon. For the Yacht & Beach Club, buses will be shared with the Boardwalk and Swan and Dolphin resorts:

https://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories/new-bus-routes-for-walt-disney-world-water-parks-2/

:fish:

ETA: Note to self, read the next page of the thread before posting duplicate info!

:sad2:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter