Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Nothing available. The original room was gone. I asked if she could talk to a manager, since it had only been a few hours and I had been given bad info from the first CM. (Yeah, my own fault, trusting a phone CM’s info.) Cue the extended hold time. About 15 minutes passed, and she returned to tell me the supervisor had restored my original reservation. Victory!
Whoa! I was holding my breath for that one! Thank goodness you managed to get it back.

If the lunchtime CM had said even once that there were no FPs for the new land, I wouldn’t have switched. We were only doing it to gain slightly fewer headaches accessing the Star Wars stuff.

Nothing available. The original room was gone. I asked if she could talk to a manager, since it had only been a few hours and I had been given bad info from the first CM. (Yeah, my own fault, trusting a phone CM’s info.) Cue the extended hold time. About 15 minutes passed, and she returned to tell me the supervisor had restored my original reservation. Victory!

Well, I’m sorry you went thru that stress. But I have to speak up & defend the lunchtime CM. That CM didn’t give you bad info. She likely had no more information on fastpasses for GE than you did. She might have started work as early as 7 am, information on GE was trickling out as the day went on. I’m sure Disney was not live streaming updates to their working CMs, especially not to CRO CMs on still unopened attractions. You asked to move to CL, she helped you achieve what you asked for. The no fastpasses threw everyone for a loop. That CM had no reason to think FPs wouldn’t be available any more than you did. Sorry. Just not right to blame someone else who wasn’t at fault for your decisions.

Has anyone had the coconut apple coleslaw yet??? Review, please!
If you mean the coconut apple coleslaw that is served on the pulled pork sandwich, then yes, we had it, twice. We each ordered the sandwich on our arrival day, while we were at SAB. Then we ordered it again on our departure day, while we were hanging out at SAB before going home. The slaw was very good and a perfect accompaniment to the pulled pork. It was a good sandwich. :)

Thanks for the heads up! I always come to this thread first when I log into the Dis so this is the first I heard of it. We had booked a bounce back reservation at the Wilderness Lodge when we were at the Beach Club last week and it just so happened that our check out date was August 29th. I quickly got on the phone and was able to extend it by two days. We won't be at the Beach Club, which would have been awesome, but at least we will be in WDW. :) We also just happened to be staying at the BC when Pandora opened a coupe years ago, so I guess we have been pretty lucky. :)

Last edited:

Can you use a refillable mug for a free beverage at Hurricane Hannah's? Or do you need to go into the marketplace to use the mug for a drink?

Thanks!

“Mermaid School

Guests can become part of Ariel’s world at the Mermaid School at select Walt Disney World resort hotels. Guests ages 4 and older can enjoy an hour-long class where they’ll be fitted with a swimmable “tail” and led through activities teaching them how to swim in a pool like a mermaid. Mermaid School will be offered on select dates at Disney’s Art of Animation Resort, Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort, and Disney’s Yacht and Beach Club Resorts. Classes are $50/person (plus tax). Bookings will open mid-March through 407-WDW-PLAY.“

So for $50 do you think the kids get to keep the mermaid tail??

“Mermaid School

Guests can become part of Ariel’s world at the Mermaid School at select Walt Disney World resort hotels. Guests ages 4 and older can enjoy an hour-long class where they’ll be fitted with a swimmable “tail” and led through activities teaching them how to swim in a pool like a mermaid. Mermaid School will be offered on select dates at Disney’s Art of Animation Resort, Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort, and Disney’s Yacht and Beach Club Resorts. Classes are $50/person (plus tax). Bookings will open mid-March through 407-WDW-PLAY.“

I'm imagining quite the split here on ... parents who drove will be all "for $50 we better get to keep that thing!" while parents who fly will be all "crap. they get to keep that thing? How in the world am I going to pack THAT?!"

ETA: Practically speaking I feel like Disney would have mentioned keeping the souvenir mermaid's tail.

“Mermaid School

I am going to guess no.

Has anybody upgraded a ticket at the world showcase entrance ticket booths to an AP? I might be upgrading to an AP and that would be the easiest ticket booth to do it at for me so I'm hoping it's a full-fledged ticket booth that can do what they do at the main entrance?

Has anybody upgraded a ticket at the world showcase entrance ticket booths to an AP? I might be upgrading to an AP and that would be the easiest ticket booth to do it at for me so I'm hoping it's a full-fledged ticket booth that can do what they do at the main entrance?
I've upgraded at the IG Guest Relations booth, which is immediately to the left of the ticket booths, as you are approaching the entrance.

One time, there were no issues. Last year, however, the CM had great difficulties with bridging. I ended up providing the information to him, so that the upgrade cost was properly calculated. I advise that you know your upgrade cost in advance, so that you are not overcharged.

The ticket booth at the International Gateway is a full fledged ticket booth. We renewed our annual pass using MMY tickets for the renewal. I agree with the previous poster to make sure you know the upgrade costs before you go, since they did not charge us what I thought they should.

We have also upgraded our tickets to AP's at the Epcot guest services window on the way out of the park at the end of the day. There weren't any lines at that time. :)

“Mermaid School

If the tail is similar to ones I've seen for sale at beach shops, I'd say no. The fin fun mermaid tails can cost over $100.

https://www.finfunmermaid.com

Sure, I can spare him for a bit... speaking of bits, I've been trying to convince him that wearing a Speedo is not part of the official "Cabana Boy" uniform. If you see him around the cabanas and he isn't wearing his Pirate Pantaloons would you do me a favor and let me know? I'll have to yell at him.

~NM

Will do. We’re planning a lot of SAB time for our Easter weekend trip.

Well, I’m sorry you went thru that stress. But I have to speak up & defend the lunchtime CM. That CM didn’t give you bad info. She likely had no more information on fastpasses for GE than you did. She might have started work as early as 7 am, information on GE was trickling out as the day went on. I’m sure Disney was not live streaming updates to their working CMs, especially not to CRO CMs on still unopened attractions. You asked to move to CL, she helped you achieve what you asked for. The no fastpasses threw everyone for a loop. That CM had no reason to think FPs wouldn’t be available any more than you did. Sorry. Just not right to blame someone else who wasn’t at fault for your decisions.

The second (evening) CM claimed to have gotten the info that morning. She seemed to think the first CM should have mentioned it, and initially berated me a bit as “all of the information was on the website this morning. Didn’t you read it?” I’m guessing however that the miscommunication, however it happened and whoever was to blame, was the reason they were eventually able to produce a room that didn’t exist a few minutes before. Guess someone’s going to have gotten an upgrade to water view out of this, because rack rate water view (non-club) was the cheapest YC room available at the time of my second call. In any case, I was blaming the first CM only because the second CM said she should have told me there were no FPs. I’ll take your word for it that the second CM was wrong, and accept all the blame retroactively. I’m just happy I got my room and rate back.

As others have stated, the ticket booths at IG are fully functioning. I just wanted to add there have been multiple reports here on the DIS of guests being able to do this at the Concierge Desk now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter