Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I've popped into the arcades at various resorts a few times, and there was never anyone else in there. I assume they haven't been a money maker for Disney. Not surprising that Disney is getting rid of them.

(I'm not saying that your families haven't used them, just that I personally have never seen anyone using them.)
I agree with you about them not probably not making much money so I totally get it. Out a week to 10 day stay, we probably pop in 3 or so times for a bit. My DS likes it the most but my teens do love some Guitar Hero!
It’s never very crowded though.

Just had a thought - the arcade at Hollywood Studios is pretty good and has a fair selection of games including air hockey and basketball shoot thingy and there’s innoventions at Epcot so , while not exactly as convenient, at least our boys can still have their fun if we make the effort to fit it in. The carnival games on the Boardwalk are pretty good craic too!
I will still miss the arcade but don’t feel just so sad about it now that I can see alternatives plus, let’s face it, ice-cream almost always makes it better!! :rotfl:
Many families have resort days where they don't go into a park to save on ticket costs.

Dh and I used the arcade at yc on Wednesday. Lots of games were not on/broken and many are really outdated. We are at pofq now and the por arcade is huge!

My family will be returning to the BC this summer after spending last years vacation at the Polynesian. My kids really missed the BC pool and proximity to Epcot. We will be there in June, celebrating my son's graduation and my daughter's 14th birthday. We can't wait!

Checked into the YC club level this morning. Our room wasn’t ready & we headed to epcot for lunch. Settled in now & waiting for the super bowl to start. We are from Buffalo & always have pizza & wings (yes, we just call them wings!) as we watch. The CM checking us in showed us the 5-7 menu for tonight. And yea! They are having wings too! And shrimp cocktail!

DH is ready in his Brady jersey. He commented on all of the Brady & Pats jerseys around. I had to remind him all the Rams fans are at Disneyland. :rotfl2:

I grabbed a quick picture of the cabana construction as we walked from the boat dock. I’ll try to find out if there is any projected opening sometime this week. I’m kind of hoping they will be finished befor our Easter trip.

E5314265-BA92-4E6C-AB53-A5857F17BBEF.png

Last edited:
Checked into the YC club level this morning. Our room wasn’t ready & we headed to epcot for lunch. Settled in now & waiting for the super bowl to start. We are from Buffalo & always have pizza & wings (yes, we just call them wings!) as we watch. The CM checking us in shows us the 5-7 menu for tonight. And yea! They are having wings too! And shrimp cocktail!

DH is ready in his Brady jersey. He commented on all of the Brady & Pats jerseys around. I had to remind him all the Rams fans are at Disneyland. :rotfl2:

I grabbed a quick picture of the cabana construction as we walked from the boat dock. I’ll try to find out if there is any projected opening sometime this week. I’m kind of hoping they will be fine for our Easter trip.

View attachment 380219
Have a fun trip! I saw tons of patriots gear while we were there and no rams fans

Looks like I have some changes to make on the page 1 posts.

I was waiting until I could figure out what was going on in the Deluxe Rooms before making any updates.

:scratchin

Thanks for responding! We are booked in a deluxe room for Aug 18-23! If the deluxe room was CL....great! If not, no big deal!! We are planning on staying at BC no matter what! So excited!

Page 1385-1386

Halftime!

Sorry I'm so far behind again!

I'm not sure if I want to be tied to any ADRs this trip since it is only 4 days. I'm waffling back and forth on whether I want a special birthday dinner or I want to do all 4 parks in one day...snacking my way through each park. (And the option of yak and yeti for lunch or dinner since I have a Landrys card and don't need to make an ADR)

I did not know that! I have a Landry's card, but didn't realize you get priority there. They did treat us very well as members at Y&Y, though.

:goodvibes

We have decided to deal with the heat of September again this year, for hopefully lighter crowds, instead of going in November for my birthday, so we are keeping our current BCV reservation. If we could be added to the BOG list that would be great! Hopefully, that coffee set up will still be there, and maybe even expanded, WDW coffee has gotten better over the years, but it is still not something that I look forward to on my trips, I miss my Nespresso from home very much.

September 28-October 3- BCV

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the list.

:cool1:

Is there any way to stay at Beach/Yacht for less than $400 night besides renting DVC points? I know the rack rates will never be that low but are there any ever promos?

:welcome: to the thread!

I know a few people have responded- make sure you check out the Discounts thread in the Resorts forum. There may be some ideas for you there.

Please let us know if you book a trip here.

::yes::

Hello!!

I got a great AP rate and am so excited to have our first stay at Yacht Club June 9 - 16! We always said we'd only stay here on a trip with the kids (they like the look of the pool!), but oops! It's just going to be me and DH. The kids are a little miffed, LOL!!

We've stayed at the Boardwalk once in 2016, but all of our other stays have been MK resorts or Animal Kingdom Lodge. We have been drawn to YC since our Yachtsman dinner on that 2016 Boardwalk trip, so we're really happy to be staying here.

Looking forward to learning more about the ins and outs of YC/BC!

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

The first page of this thread has some helpful information, particularly Post 1 (intro), Post 13 (FAQ) and Post 14 (Other Useful Information).

Please let us know if you have any questions.

:woohoo:

I was a bit behind in my reading (lurking), but I am all caught up.

Thank you for adding us ~ we will be there from 3/17 - 3/22. We are celebrating my DS no longer being a teenager. I am just really happy he wants to spend spring break with his mom. However, I guess we have a couple of offers from his college friends to sleep on our floor. :rotfl:

Looks like you got quite few responses on this, but we were able to see it in action while waiting for the bus for the cruise at Christmas time. It was doing booming business then. Several folks looked liked they got their coffee there and then settled in to do some early morning emails. It does look very temporary, my initial thought it was to handle overflow of the Christmas crowd but like you I think it is a good use of that space. However, I liked to go in there because it was quiet and I could get away for a moment. With the coffee service in there it isn't much of an escape in the morning because of the coffee crowd.

Thanks for the dates- I'll update your info.
:thumbsup2

Is there any reason/advantage to check in early? We are less than 60 days out and can't wait!

A couple of reasons are that you can provide your credit card info in advance, saving time on your arrival day. There is also the possibility that you will be able to go directly to your room instead of having to stop at the checkin desk.

:cool2:

Hi - we're staying BC Standard View from 11/1-11/5 and then moving over to the Contemporary from 11/5-11/10. Then we're returning to the BC for a club level stay over a long Christmas Weekend.

Can you please share the differences between the location of the standard room vs. location for a club level garden view room? My daughter has moderate ADHD and has trouble settling down for the night if there's loud noises from kids running around/loud talking in the hallway or jumping on beds in rooms above so I would like to make a room request without driving a CM crazy trying to figure out how to accommodate DD's needs.

So a club level room is on the top floor so there wouldn't be anyone above you.

There are 7 BC CL GV rooms- they are all in the same general location (the pink rooms in the map posted by trishadono). The rooms either overlook the front entrance courtyard or the volleyball courtyard.

My thought is that the rooms at the end of the hall, overlooking the volleyball court would be the quietest of the rooms. Room 5634 and 5636.

If you book a club level stay, let Disney Signature Service know what your request is and why.

Does anyone the 3 fairly new milkshakes at Beaches and Cream,chocolate brownie,Confetti and Strawberry with souvenir glass are available on the to go menu or do I have to get a table?
Thanks!

Just want to give you a :welcome:

Will you be staying at the resort or are you planning a visit.

So so so bummed our one night stay at Beach Club was a bust. We did a split stay to check out the pool but it was pouring rain, windy and real feel of temps in the 40s so they closed SAB. Asked at the front desk about any rainy day activities but seems they were caught off guard by the weather. Stumbled across Martha’s Vineyard which badly needs an update but they had cold beer and the ProBowl on (well the CM gave us the remote to turn it on since she couldn’t be bothered) which was good enough for us. From there we went to Crew’s Cup which is fantastic. Cozy atmosphere. Great service. We had the yachtsman bread service and deviled eggs. Neither were great but the bread was the better of the two with the roasted garlic.

Rooms are great, large and well done. We were in 3723 which was faaaaaar from the elevator so lesson learned there. But the aesthetic of beaches & cream, Cape May, and MV threw me off a little. May check out Yacht Club in a future trip in hopes of actually experiencing stormalong Bay!

Thanks for sharing your feedback about your trip.

Sorry you weren't able to use the pool. :(

Let us know if you return to the resort for a stay.

Just booked our summer trip back home! 7/30-8/3. (Following 4 nights at CSR). Dreaming of poolside frozen drinks and sandy bottomed pool will hopefully get me through the rest of the rough weather in my neck of the woods until then.

Ill add you to the list.

:cheer2:

View attachment 378879 View attachment 378880
I have been looking at these maps lately trying to get familiar with the resort. I'm directionally impaired so it has helped immensely to do this each trip.

I have a std coming up. I know the view will be parking lot or roof which does not thrill me. I have to say after staying at almost all of the resorts BC appears to have the worst view options. Also only 1/2 have a balcony which again bugs me because I like balconies.

However I got a good rate for a holiday weekend and dd and I are doing more different things this trip.(lots of Epcot and HS)

In general I think rooms farthest from stairs or elevators have less foot traffic and are quieter. Also a non connecting room may be helpful for you. I also havea room number map with me so I can check the # they text or assign right away. If I suspect it may be a problem it's easier to fix before going to the room.

All else fails tell them what you want and why and they will try to help at check in. For cl just call or email your request.

Good luck!

Thanks for these helpful suggestions.

Does anyone know if you can turn the yc light off outside your room? There’s one light right on our balcony that is ridiculously bright

It totally annoys me that guests can't control the balcony lights. I get up very early, when it is still dark and it took me a while to figure out that I couldn't turn on the lights and I had to bring my own reading light. I can certainly see how not being able to shut the light off is annoying, but I believe you mentioned that a mask was provided for you. Thanks for letting us know that.

Last edited:
Checked into the YC club level this morning. Our room wasn’t ready & we headed to epcot for lunch. Settled in now & waiting for the super bowl to start. We are from Buffalo & always have pizza & wings (yes, we just call them wings!) as we watch. The CM checking us in showed us the 5-7 menu for tonight. And yea! They are having wings too! And shrimp cocktail!

I grabbed a quick picture of the cabana construction as we walked from the boat dock. I’ll try to find out if there is any projected opening sometime this week. I’m kind of hoping they will be finished befor our Easter trip.

View attachment 380219
We wore our VV Patriots T-shirt’s as a family on our Animal Kingdom day December 23, 2018. We didn’t see anybody when staying at Yacht Club but saw quite a few Patriots fans at AK. We had a really nice retired couple from ME who purposefully came to talk to us during the game while my son rode Kali.

Today, we all 3 wore varying levels of Patriots gear. We live in Pittsburgh. The cashier at the grocery store asked how many people had commented on our shirts. Needless to say, we never saw anyone else wearing Patriots stuff!!:goodvibes

Dee - congrats on the Pats’ win. So which of the players will be in a Disney commercial to let everyone know that he is going to Disney World?

Thanks! Wow, It was definitely not the game I thought we were going to see!

Good question- I would give it to Sony Michel or maybe Edelman, but it was really the whole defense that earned it.

Last edited:
Page 1387

Hi! Staying at the Beach club resort in a garden view room. As we are DVC, we always stay at BCV, but booked an extra getaway. Does anyone know if housekeeping will bring you a proper coffee maker if requested? We are so used to bringing our own coffee and know the hotel rooms have the cuisinart individual coffee pod machine.
Thanks!

:welcome: to the thread!

When is your trip?

I prefer the regular drip machines myself.

Based on recent guest reports, it seems like some of the Beach Club rooms now have Keurig machines, but I have not been able to figure out where those rooms are or why they have switched out some of the coffee makers.

:coffee:

Others have requested and been denied.

Never even thought to ask!

:surfweb:

Dee, can you please add us for the YC Sept. 27th...can't imagine leaving for our cruise without staying here the night before :)

I'll add you to the list.

:sail:

Just recently booked my stay at the Yacht Club May 19-22. I have a work conference there and staying an extra day for some fun!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

We got to stand on our balcony and watch the mk fireworks tonight. We are in a standard view club level room. I didn’t think we would see any fireworks from here but we could see them clearly. We’ve never seen the fireworks far away before so it was cool to see the different colors and shapes of the fireworks

That's awesome!!!

If your trip is over, could you share your room number?

In 2010 we were in Room 5670 and we could see the MK fireworks- at that time it was Nightastic.

We did the regatta run this morning and it was so fun! There were only 3 other people that did it but we all got super into cheering each other on. It was $30 plus tax for the two of us and well worth the price with the stuff they give you. I’ll put a picture of my haul from the run.

Congrats! That is awesome bling!!!

Thanks for sharing your pictures.

We have a water view room (Beach Club) booked for April and I am wondering if it is possible to get a nice view with a full balcony and a king bed?

Probably.

The info and suggestions in the next post are excellent.

We don't have a way of knowing which rooms have king beds, but as shoreward indicates, there aren't many overall throughout the resort. Definitely prioritize your requests according to what is most important to you:

"Full balcony, please. King bed preferred"

"King bed, please. Full balcony, if possible"

I don't have your April trip on the Be Our Guest list so I will add it.

If you are staying at the YC, almost all rooms have a full balcony; only a few do not.

If you are staying at the BC, only about half of the rooms have a full balcony, with most of the rest having a standing balcony.

I can’t really think of a bad water view room, though some could be noisy, if overlooking Stormalong Bay. There are not nearly as many king bed rooms, as there are two queen bed rooms.

All of that being said, you can place a few room requests, ahead of time, with, of course no guarantees. Prioritize your requests in order of importance.

When you arrive, you can ask the CM at the front desk to go over the info of the room assigned. If you are completely dissatisfied, you can politely request a different room, if any others are available.

Keep in mind that during busy season, such as Spring Break, they may be at full capacity.

Thanks for the info in this post!

Page 1388-1390

Hopefully JetBlue release dates aren't far behind!

:welcome: back to the thread!

Let us know if you have a trip booked here.

We checked out of yc today and had an amazing time! The customer service there was the best I’ve had at any Disney resort so far. We will definitely be doing CL sometime again if our budget allows. We ate almost all of our meals in the lounge and even cancelled some of our ADRs to just eat there.

It’s hard to think of cons from our stay so these are the only ones we can think of:
Dh said he didn’t like having to find a cm every time he wanted a drink from the lounge.
My only complaint about our whole stay was the light on the balcony but they brought a Minnie eye mask to our room so I can’t complain at all.

*Sorry ahead for the long story*
I also keep forgetting to post but we rented a sea raycer today and it was one of the best things I’ve done at Disney. We just signed up for half an hour. While we were in the water we noticed a bunch of speedboats driving past. Turns out a transportation boat at hs was on fire and smoking so they had to go help. These sea raycers are tiny boats and we are full grown adults so it was tight. Near the end of our time a speedboat came around the corner and the wake was large. We went over it and water filled into our boat lol. We were completely drenched but we thought it was funny. The manager at the boat rentals said our rental was free and even bought us lunch at hurricane Hanna’s. I told him he didn’t have to because it actually made it more fun for us but he insisted. Anyway, everyone should rent a sea raycer but your experience might not be as exciting haha

Thank you so much for all of the live reports and the feedback about your stay.

That is a great story about the raycers!

:laughing:

Hi I have been away from the boards for a while but now I’m planning a trip this summer. I missed the announcement of the summer discount and by the time I saw it it was pretty slim pickings. I was looking for a club level room at yacht club or beach but nothing is available. I was lucky enough to snatch a regular room with the discount. What are the chances of a club level room opening up with the discount? Is there a better time to check the system to see if anyone cancelled? Better to call?

My dates are flexible just looking for a week in July. I think the thing that hurts us is we are a party of 5 so we are unable to book water view club rooms.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!! TIA

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list for July.

As you have seen from other posts, families of more than 4 may no longer book club level rooms at the Yacht & Beach Club :(

I know most will be thrilled with the expansion of beaches and cream but my son only cares about an arcade. I was going to book Yacht club for our trip next Jan. but will have to rethink it now. Does anyone know if Boardwalk still has an arcade?

Sorry you arrived to disappointing news.

If you do book here, please let us know.

My family will be returning to the BC this summer after spending last years vacation at the Polynesian. My kids really missed the BC pool and proximity to Epcot. We will be there in June, celebrating my son's graduation and my daughter's 14th birthday. We can't wait!

Sounds like an awesome celebration trip.

:woohoo:

Thanks for letting us know about the start of your trip and for the gondola* (eta: CABANAS, not gondola) construction photo.

Hope you enjoyed the game!

party:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter