• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Hi I have been away from the boards for a while but now I’m planning a trip this summer. I missed the announcement of the summer discount and by the time I saw it it was pretty slim pickings. I was looking for a club level room at yacht club or beach but nothing is available. I was lucky enough to snatch a regular room with the discount. What are the chances of a club level room opening up with the discount? Is there a better time to check the system to see if anyone cancelled? Better to call?

My dates are flexible just looking for a week in July. I think the thing that hurts us is we are a party of 5 so we are unable to book water view club rooms.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!! TIA

Unfortunately the YC and BC no longer allow more than 4 people in any of their CL rooms, that was a change this year. I’ll bet if you search for a party of 4 room availability for CL will show up- that’s what happened to us for our June trip. We ended up booking BWI CL instead.

Unfortunately the YC and BC no longer allow more than 4 people in any of their CL rooms, that was a change this year. I’ll bet if you search for a party of 4 room availability for CL will show up- that’s what happened to us for our June trip. We ended up booking BWI CL instead.
Wow I did not know that, you are correct. I just changed the number of people in my party and yes there are club level rooms. How disappointing. Do you know what the reason for this was? Thanks so much for your reply!!

Wow I did not know that, you are correct. I just changed the number of people in my party and yes there are club level rooms. How disappointing. Do you know what the reason for this was? Thanks so much for your reply!!

I agree, it’s very disappointing. The assumption is cost- 5 people use more CL amenities and eat more food, so it costs more for them. I was really bummed when we went to book our June trip and thought they were just full, and even more bummed when I realized it wasn’t full, that we could no longer stay CL there! However, we aren’t going to book 2 CL rooms so instead of getting more money from us they got none since we booked a different resort. They probably don’t care though, it all goes to Disney anyway and the resorts fill up consistently. FWIW, the BWI, GF, Poly, and CR still let 5 in their regular CL rooms, so we booked those for our split stay.

I agree, it’s very disappointing. The assumption is cost- 5 people use more CL amenities and eat more food, so it costs more for them. I was really bummed when we went to book our June trip and thought they were just full, and even more bummed when I realized it wasn’t full, that we could no longer stay CL there! However, we aren’t going to book 2 CL rooms so instead of getting more money from us they got none since we booked a different resort. They probably don’t care though, it all goes to Disney anyway and the resorts fill up consistently. FWIW, the BWI, GF, Poly, and CR still let 5 in their regular CL rooms, so we booked those for our split stay.
Yeah I totally get what you are saying it goes to money. I would spend more money staying club level with 5 people now I will just book a regular for and probably eat more meals off site. No way I’m booking 2 rooms that’s ridiculous. We are very partial to the yacht club, we don’t do the parks anymore because we go every year. We just like to hang out at the resort. But we loved the club level because it was like an extension of our room. Almost makes you not want to stay there!! Maybe I’ll investigate a split stay at another resort club level. Thanks again for the info!!

Beaches and Cream will undergo a refurb (and expansion?) next summer and fall and will be closed till the project is completed. A temporary location will be available for dine-in, but not carry-out treats. I'm wondering if Ariel's will be the temporary location during the shutdown, just as when Captain's Grille was closed for remodeling and conversion to Ale & Compass.

I really hope that there are no plans to change the iconic name!!

Beaches and Cream refurb starting August 2019

Last edited:
Beaches and Cream will undergo a refurb (and expansion?) next summer and fall and will be closed till the project is completed. A temporary location will be available for dine-in, but not carry-out treats. I'm wondering if Ariel's will be the temporary location during the shutdown, just as when Captain's Grille was closed for remodeling and conversion to Ale & Compass.

Wow, sounds like the long needed expansion is finally happening. I hope they keep the same kitschy decor.

I'm so glad this is after we'll be there in July! We've never been and are really looking forward to it! I also hope it's an expansion. I was surprised to learn from others that ADRs there are actually hard to get because of the limited number of tables.

I wonder if it has something to do with the lounge size. Both lounges are pretty small & they can omit a guest from 15 - 20 rooms, it alleviates some of the crowding.

Maybe, but why now? They had only let 5 in the standard view CL rooms, not garden or water, for as long as I’ve known (which admittedly isn’t long, we only stayed here for the first time 3-4 yrs ago and didn’t need a room for 5 until about 2 yrs ago). We’ve stayed CL at the YC twice and the BC once and never found the lounges too crowded or couldn’t find a seat. But that’s only 3 trips, maybe others found it more crowded. We’ll never know the real reason, just like we’ll never know for sure why 5 could only book a standard room. I would love to know the true reasons why, though. Just for curiosity, even if I don’t agree! But then we would have to find new things to speculate about on message boards! o_O

"To make additional space for Beaches and Cream, the adjacent arcade will be closing."

I know some people use the arcade but........How many years have we been saying.

Love that they’re making Beaches and Cream bigger but my youngest will be sad to lose the arcade :(
He loved spending some time in there during the afternoon storms beating his mum at air hockey :)

I know most will be thrilled with the expansion of beaches and cream but my son only cares about an arcade. I was going to book Yacht club for our trip next Jan. but will have to rethink it now. Does anyone know if Boardwalk still has an arcade?

I know most will be thrilled with the expansion of beaches and cream but my son only cares about an arcade. I was going to book Yacht club for our trip next Jan. but will have to rethink it now. Does anyone know if Boardwalk still has an arcade?
Yes, Boardwalk still has an arcade albeit a small one. It's right next to the fitness center.

I am very happy about this! I think an expansion is long overdue.

Love that they’re making Beaches and Cream bigger but my youngest will be sad to lose the arcade :(
He loved spending some time in there during the afternoon storms beating his mum at air hockey :)
I feel the same way and I’m so torn. We love B and C and always try to eat there when we stay in the EP area. But my son really loves the arcades and now the only ones will be BWI and GF I think and not as much fun. Those are really small too. (We did stay at POR last August and theirs is huge!! He had a blast. )

I feel the same way and I’m so torn. We love B and C and always try to eat there when we stay in the EP area. But my son really loves the arcades and now the only ones will be BWI and GF I think and not as much fun. Those are really small too. (We did stay at POR last August and theirs is huge!! He had a blast. )

Just had a thought - the arcade at Hollywood Studios is pretty good and has a fair selection of games including air hockey and basketball shoot thingy and there’s innoventions at Epcot so , while not exactly as convenient, at least our boys can still have their fun if we make the effort to fit it in. The carnival games on the Boardwalk are pretty good craic too!
I will still miss the arcade but don’t feel just so sad about it now that I can see alternatives plus, let’s face it, ice-cream almost always makes it better!! :rotfl:

Just had a thought - the arcade at Hollywood Studios is pretty good and has a fair selection of games including air hockey and basketball shoot thingy and there’s innoventions at Epcot so , while not exactly as convenient, at least our boys can still have their fun if we make the effort to fit it in. The carnival games on the Boardwalk are pretty good craic too!
I will still miss the arcade but don’t feel just so sad about it now that I can see alternatives plus, let’s face it, ice-cream almost always makes it better!! :rotfl:

Ok I literally have never seen arcade at studios! Where is it?

I've popped into the arcades at various resorts a few times, and there was never anyone else in there. I assume they haven't been a money maker for Disney. Not surprising that Disney is getting rid of them.

(I'm not saying that your families haven't used them, just that I personally have never seen anyone using them.)

Where is an arcade at HS?! How do I not know this :bored:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter