Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I feel like I've seen a ton of people on here getting upgraded to a better room lately. We booked standard for our October stay and I really want an upgrade, but I don't want to get my hopes up. We've never been given an upgrade going to WDW and we've gone for our honeymoon and every anniversary since lol.

:tinker:I hope you and yours get pixie dust! You deserve it buddy!

Thank you so much for the warm welcome and posting last years Halloween info. I've been posting on several Resort threads trying to find out where the contests and/or crafts are on Halloween night. I know they do this, just not sure where. Hopefully other's will post too about their resorts. I really want to plan for a stress free, fun, crafty and creative night!

Thank you so much for your warm hospitality! You rock! :thumbsup2

You are welcome!

Thanks for the kind words.

I know they offer fun things at Wilderness Lodge and Ft. Wilderness, I've seen them during our trips. So I'm thinking outside the Wilderness.
I arrive on Oct. 29th and plan on going to Poly Resort - I have NEVER been there! I want to check out the shops, Trader Sams, take a tour of the resort, grab dinner and watch the fireworks on the beach. This is set in stone! I've read the music is piped in too. ::yes::
Oct 30th is my birthday and I'll be spending it at MNSSHP with my buddy!
Oct 31st I'll have lunch with my friends, they will be going to MNSSHP but I'm not. Painting on De’ Bayou sounds really really nice! I will call to find out more info. and I'll continue to search until I know all my options.

Thanks for helping me out. :thumbsup2

Happy birthday month!

I was born on Halloween, so I know how awesome it is to have a birthday at this time of year- always a party or celebration to be found.

:hmghost:

Last edited:
Looking for input/help!!!

Thanks for this info.

It has inspired me to try to clean up the FAQ post about convenience/grocery/dept stores near the resort.

Calling out to anyone who can help me make this better. Especially the info on the Target info below- which location is described below? Is this the one at Rolling Oaks Blvd in Kissimmee?

Does anyone want to comment on distance in mileage or time from the resort, and/or your experience with the cost to get to any of these locations by taxi or UBER.

Many thanks!!!

Grocery/Department/Convenience Stores near the Yacht & Beach Club resort:

Speedway Gas Station (formerly Hess) near Boardwalk resort
No delivery service- must walk or drive there
On foot- walk through the BW parking lot and it's just across the street from the entrance gate for BW. It is a bit of a hike, so if you decide to walk over there for water or other beverages, we suggest you take an empty rolling suitcase to make the transportation easier

Walmart, Kissimmee Super Center, 3250 Vineland Road Kissimmee

(407) 397-1125

https://www.walmart.com/store/5420/kissimmee-fl/details?sourceid=csebrutp15383882019664078439210090301008005&veh=cse&wmlspartner=bizratecom

Open 24 hours

6 miles from Yacht & Beach Club resort

Publix Super Market at Regency Village Shopping Center, 8145 Vineland Ave Orlando

(407) 238-9924

http://www.publix.com/locations/812-regency-village-shopping-center

Full service grocery store, , including a deli and counter for made-to-order subs. The pricing is competitive.

7 am to 11 pm
17 minutes away

Directions to Super Target, from the Beach Club: (What is the address?)

Phone Number
website address

Head towards Animal Kingdom Lodge (not park) and turn left at the light before you get to the Lodge (Sherberth Road). When you get to 192, turn right (west) and it's up the road a bit on the left. Lots of nice restaurants around there and much less crowded that the other side of WDW.

I'm staying at Wilderness Lodge, that's where I love being year after year. This time I'll be going solo, so I am wide open to experience things that interest me! Me, me me! Yep! :flower1:

If you are staying at Wilderness Lodge but plan to go over to other hotels to participate in activities -- before wandering over to Yacht/Beach Club, you want to determine if the activities which interest you are held in the Stormalong Bay area. Normally you need to be staying at Yacht/Beach Club to be able to get into that area.

Does anyone know the current Stormalong Bay hours? I'm debating booking 1 night next week and I'd love to know what time the pool opens. Thanks!

:welcome: to the thread!

In September the pool hours were 9 am to 11 pm. Not sure if that has changed in October. Can someone who is there now let us know.

:fish:

Looking for input/help!!!
Calling out to anyone who can help me make this better. Especially the info on the Target info below- which location is described below? Is this the one at Rolling Oaks Blvd in Kissimmee?
Does anyone want to comment on distance in mileage or time from the resort, and/or your experience with the cost to get to any of these locations by taxi or UBER.

Target, 3200 Rolling Oaks Blvd, Kissimmee, FL 34747
Distance: 7.5 miles from the Beach Club (15 minute drive via World Drive and US-192W)
UberX estimate (each way): $12.69

This Target is open till midnight, under current schedule.
https://www.target.com/sl/orlando-sw/2370

Page 1322

I have the option of booking the BC with a standard room or the YC with a water view room for about the same price. I stayed one night at the YC this spring when a snow storm left us stranded at Disney for an extra day and the room seemed nice enough. I have never stayed at the BC. Just 2 adults going and we have been to Disney many times but generally stay at the BWI. What one would you guys choose?

Let us know when and where you book!

:goodvibes

In case any of you haven’t seen it yet, there are new discounts out for Jan - April. Room & package discounts, including an additional Disney Visa offer. Sooo, I now have 2 new trips to be added to the Be Our Guest list please Dee.

Feb 3- 8, YC water view club level
April 20- 24 YC garden view club level
April 24-27 YV garden view

I was so happy to get a discount for Easter week! Club level wasn’t available for the whole week, thus the split stay. This will be our first stay over a major holiday, so I am thrilled beyond belief that I got club level for Easter week end at all, let alone at a discount! I could have gotten BC Club Level for the second half of the week, but we really love YC & the club at BC was over $800 more for 3 nights. We’ll be perfectly happy in a regular YC room for those nights.

Sooo excited to have these trips booked!!!! :jumping1:

Awesome!!!

Will do.

:woohoo:

I booked today a split stay 4 nights at POR and 4 nights at YC April 3 - 7.
We will be running the Rival Run as a family on April 5 (starts and ends at the Epcot parking lot) and then DH is running the 10K on Saturday and the Half on Sunday. Those start i the MK parking lot and end in the Epcot parking lot. I hope to go watch him finish (maybe)?

Anyone done any races and stayed at BC/YC? Any tips?

Thanks!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

Bump: Anyone have any race advice?

:cheer2:

Will you add me to the Be Our Guest list for October? We arrive on 10/27 and check out on November 3rd. We're celebrating my DH's 50th birthday. We're going to the Halloween party ON Halloween. So excited!

:welcome:

Will do!

Sounds like an incredible trip! Enjoy!

:thumbsup2

OK, here is a better picture of the October calendar. They have them out now around the resort so I got a pic of one that wasn't 'smuggled' out of the back office by a kind CM and that had been shoved in my pool bag.October Calendar.jpg

After SAB yesterday we got dressed for the party and then took pics in Epcot since we were going as Spaceship Earth and Figment. Then we did DVC early entry to the party at 3:30. We got pictures and rode some rides prior to our BOG dinner, which was quite good and much better than last time we were there. More rides then parade, fireworks, and more rides with some trick or treating and pictures thrown in for good measure. It was a great party, crowds were low and we had no wait for most rides, an awesome night!

Laundry now then SAB followed by F&W. We have the Illuminations Dessert party tonight which we have never done so that is exciting!

No Halloween mugs in the Beach Club marketplace yet. I will check out SAB hours once I get down there.

OK, here is a better picture of the October calendar. They have them out now around the resort so I got a pic of one that wasn't 'smuggled' out of the back office by a kind CM and that had been shoved in my pool bag.View attachment 355206

After SAB yesterday we got dressed for the party and then took pics in Epcot since we were going as Spaceship Earth and Figment. Then we did DVC early entry to the party at 3:30. We got pictures and rode some rides prior to our BOG dinner, which was quite good and much better than last time we were there. More rides then parade, fireworks, and more rides with some trick or treating and pictures thrown in for good measure. It was a great party, crowds were low and we had no wait for most rides, an awesome night!

Laundry now then SAB followed by F&W. We have the Illuminations Dessert party tonight which we have never done so that is exciting!

No Halloween mugs in the Beach Club marketplace yet. I will check out SAB hours once I get down there.

Super!!!

Thank you!

Thank for the offer to check out the current hours of operation for SAB.

Enjoy the day!

:banana::banana::banana:

[QUOTE="natebenma, post: 59802119, member: 203544"
Happy birthday month!

I was born on Halloween, so I know how awesome it is to have a birthday at this time of year- always a party or celebration to be found.

[/QUOTE]
Were you the trick or the treat? :)

We've always gone to the Publix @ The Water Tower Shops. We take the route that goes by Pop, then turn at the Gaylord Hotel. Sorry, don't have better directions. Only a few minutes away though.

OK, here is a better picture of the October calendar. They have them out now around the resort so I got a pic of one that wasn't 'smuggled' out of the back office by a kind CM and that had been shoved in my pool bag.View attachment 355206

Have you tried Boardwalk Bakery? That's where I was able to get my mug.

Have you tried Boardwalk Bakery? That's where I was able to get my mug.

No but I will have to check it out. To be honest it is more of a reconnaissance mission for others on the Dis than for me. My husband only drinks water and I just get one iced coffee a day, plus they had tons at DL last weekend when I was there so if I really wanted one I could have had as many as I wanted but we have way too many cups at home.

So the Pool hours are shorter now, 9am-10pm.
Pool hours.jpg

They are also doing some kind of extreme flower planting at the back of The BC, there were just trucks full of flowers and crews of 10+ people just attacking the flower beds, it was impressive.
Flowers 1.jpg Flowers 2.jpg

I have no clue where the 'Seaside Retreat' is, but I can ask the BCV concierge if he is still down there when we go to Epcot in a few.

If you are staying at Wilderness Lodge but plan to go over to other hotels to participate in activities -- before wandering over to Yacht/Beach Club, you want to determine if the activities which interest you are held in the Stormalong Bay area. Normally you need to be staying at Yacht/Beach Club to be able to get into that area.

@Wood Nymph and others have stated I should be able to participate if there is a fee for the crafts. I think I need to wait and see what gets posted, I'm sure the information will be there. Thanks buddy for the heads up. :-)

You are welcome!

Thanks for the kind words.

Happy birthday month!

:hmghost:

Happy Birthday Queen of Halloween!!! I have more Halloween decorations than all holidays combined! pirate:

There will be Halloween activities at the resorts that are free to everyone, not just guests of that resort. :) If they have any activities that you have to pay for then anyone can purchase them, not just guests of that resort. :)

@Wood Nymph and others have stated I should be able to participate if there is a fee for the crafts. I think I need to wait and see what gets posted, I'm sure the information will be there. Thanks buddy for the heads up. :-)

I agree with both Wood Nymph and Best Aunt-

As far as I know, anyone can participate in the activities in the public areas of the resort (for instance, the trick or treat, character meet and greets and campfire from last year). If the Oogie Boogie pool party or the glow party blast take place at Stormalong Bay, which has restricted access for Yacht and Beach Club and BCV guests only, then I don't think that anyone who is not staying at one of the resorts should expect to participate.

Is there anyone who participated in activities last Halloween who can review and comment, maybe let us know which characters were meeting or what kind of candy was distributed. I can't remember if we had any reviews posted last year because as some of you may remember, I was in the dark. Literally. Following the return from my trip last October with my girlfriends, I arrived home to a 2 day power outage!

:headache:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter