Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Just to help reduce further confusion. There is no "Construction" at the BC. They are currently completing Exterior painting and cleanup. Last week they were working in the drive portico and the Crescent Lake side, with buckets and scaffolding along sections of building near Cape May. The work is primarily scheduled from 9 AM - 5 PM.

Dave

And that painting was going on in May while we were there as well. Granted, we weren't unfortunate enough to have a room involved--and that would be a major inconvenience, but for the most part, the noise was not that horrific and only through the mid-morning to afternoon hours.

And that painting was going on in May while we were there as well. Granted, we weren't unfortunate enough to have a room involved--and that would be a major inconvenience, but for the most part, the noise was not that horrific and only through the mid-morning to afternoon hours.

It was going on when we were there our last two visits as well, it really wasn't disruptive at all, unsightly yes, but not disruptive. We however did not have a room that was impacted by the painting, that would have been much worse. When we were at YC in July SAB was closed a lot due to weather, and also for cleanup once, we had to make alternate plans a few times but that happens especially this time of year.

I just left Monday from staying a week at the Beach Club. I’m sorry to hear of others experiences, but I can tell you for me and my wife, our experience was flawless! This was our first time staying here, and starting with the fresh smells in the lobby, to the clean room, we have absolutely no complaints and booked our Bounce Back for here again next year!

The construction that was going on was not bad. Our standard room overlooked an area being done currently. Twice during our stay, we returned to the room during the day to find painters on our balcony painting. When they were done, they cleaned up after themselves and the job look great. Personally, I think people forget that maintenance has to be done occasionally and unfortunately sometimes that maintenance happens when your there for your trip! In no way whatsoever did the work being done at the resort affect me or my trip.

The staff was friendly and very knowledgeable. I had to call once because it seemed like my refrigerator was not keeping items cold. They sent someone up within minutes who checked it and found there was a problem. I had a replacement within 20 minutes of calling! Concierge helped me twice with some other issues, and although it seemed like they had a lot of staff that were “Earning their ears”, they were not left alone and had someone nearby to help guide them if they had questions concerning my issues.

We used the main pool twice and the quiet pool twice also. No problems. Although I did not use the slide, I never noticed it being closed. The lazy river was a favorite of ours, and the quiet pool came in handy for when we were doing laundry. The ability to walk 5 minutes to Epcot, and basically be central for other parks was great! Loved the walk over to Boardwalk, and were relaxed on the beach a couple nights when returning from Epcot.

I’d say to those that are “worried”, don’t be. When you come to Disney, the trip is what you make of it. A lot of us drive Chevys because we had a bad experience with a Ford, and vice versa. It’s a large resort, with many rooms, don’t let 1 or 2 bad reviews make you second guess your plans. You will find this situation at every resort, whether it be Disney or someplace else…….

I guess we all need to remember that WDW is open 365 days a year, and somehow has to try to do normal maintenance on all the buildings. When large refurbs need to be done, yeah, they usually have some lind of advance notice, but everyday stuff, like painting and general minor repair, happens year round.

It just sucks when it our visits are impacted... we wait and wait, save and save, and if things aren't perfect, well, it's noticed... Like when the crane is up at MK putting up or taking down the Christmas lights on the Castle. We want photos WITHOUT the crane, but there it is... And realistically, when else can they do it? Just like painting, etc., it's a long project to get the seasonal changes done in the parks, and because they are open every day, they have to do it and try to make the smallest impact possible.

Still sucks though if it happens when I'm there! But I try to tell myself that even if there is a crane in my photos of the castle, (or painting on my resort), being at Disney is still better than being anywhere else!

:teeth:

ADDED: And if there is a large impact, such as the OP talked about above with room cleanliness, etc., talk to the front desk, GM, and if nothing is done, send an email to this address, and explain the issue. I can guarantee you will be heard, and someone WILL either call or write to you to talk about it!

wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

Just to help reduce further confusion. There is no "Construction" at the BC. They are currently completing Exterior painting and cleanup. Last week they were working in the drive portico and the Crescent Lake side, with buckets and scaffolding along sections of building near Cape May. The work is primarily scheduled from 9 AM - 5 PM.

Dave

thank you for the clarification!

I just left Monday from staying a week at the Beach Club. I’m sorry to hear of others experiences, but I can tell you for me and my wife, our experience was flawless! This was our first time staying here, and starting with the fresh smells in the lobby, to the clean room, we have absolutely no complaints and booked our Bounce Back for here again next year!

The construction that was going on was not bad. Our standard room overlooked an area being done currently. Twice during our stay, we returned to the room during the day to find painters on our balcony painting. When they were done, they cleaned up after themselves and the job look great. Personally, I think people forget that maintenance has to be done occasionally and unfortunately sometimes that maintenance happens when your there for your trip! In no way whatsoever did the work being done at the resort affect me or my trip.

The staff was friendly and very knowledgeable. I had to call once because it seemed like my refrigerator was not keeping items cold. They sent someone up within minutes who checked it and found there was a problem. I had a replacement within 20 minutes of calling! Concierge helped me twice with some other issues, and although it seemed like they had a lot of staff that were “Earning their ears”, they were not left alone and had someone nearby to help guide them if they had questions concerning my issues.

We used the main pool twice and the quiet pool twice also. No problems. Although I did not use the slide, I never noticed it being closed. The lazy river was a favorite of ours, and the quiet pool came in handy for when we were doing laundry. The ability to walk 5 minutes to Epcot, and basically be central for other parks was great! Loved the walk over to Boardwalk, and were relaxed on the beach a couple nights when returning from Epcot.

I’d say to those that are “worried”, don’t be. When you come to Disney, the trip is what you make of it. A lot of us drive Chevys because we had a bad experience with a Ford, and vice versa. It’s a large resort, with many rooms, don’t let 1 or 2 bad reviews make you second guess your plans. You will find this situation at every resort, whether it be Disney or someplace else…….

Thank you for the reassurance it helps put my mind at ease. and you are absolutely right that the trip is what you make of it

Forgive the question if it's been asked a million times...
I'm staying BWV this fall, as a paying guest, not an owner, and have heard there is a form somewhere for putting in a food order? Maybe an old memory, but is there still such a thing, and as a non-owner, can I use it?

Advice?

Forgive the question if it's been asked a million times...
I'm staying BWV this fall, as a paying guest, not an owner, and have heard there is a form somewhere for putting in a food order? Maybe an old memory, but is there still such a thing, and as a non-owner, can I use it?

Advice?

I went to the DVC member page. I did not log in.
https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com/

At the top of the screen, I hovered my mouse over FIND DESTINATIONS.
Then I clicked on Boardwalk Villas.
I clicked on AMENITIES & RECREATION

If you scroll down, it says this:
Grocery Orders
Disney Vacation Club Members can submit an order form to have groceries they purchase delivered to their Resort.

I assume this service is for DVC members only, but I never tried to order as a non-member.

P.S. You wrote BWV but posted in the Yacht & Beach Club thread. Not sure if you are staying at BoardWalk Villas (which has its own thread) or Beach Club Villas, but it would work the same for Beach Club Villas.

I went to the DVC member page. I did not log in.
https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com/

At the top of the screen, I hovered my mouse over FIND DESTINATIONS.
Then I clicked on Boardwalk Villas.
I clicked on AMENITIES & RECREATION

If you scroll down, it says this:
Grocery Orders
Disney Vacation Club Members can submit an order form to have groceries they purchase delivered to their Resort.

I assume this service is for DVC members only, but I never tried to order as a non-member.

P.S. You wrote BWV but posted in the Yacht & Beach Club thread. Not sure if you are staying at BoardWalk Villas (which has its own thread) or Beach Club Villas, but it would work the same for Beach Club Villas.

Thank you...Yes, I'm staying at BCV...duh, my original reservation was at BWI but a BCV Studio opened up and I grabbed it!!!

It might be that everything I need will be available at Marketplace, stuff like Bagels, cream cheese, snacks... I won't really be eating meals here, other than Breakfast or maybe late night snacks....

Jeanne

Please don’t take my review as a reason to not visit Beach Club. Everyone has their own standards.
The renovations are just noisy in the public areas. We haven’t noticed an issue from our room.

I did receive a call from the housekeeping manager today and they were super apologetic about the nasty that was left in our room. They went above and beyond to make it right.
I’m hoping when we return to our room tonight that the room is clean and the slide is open.

Thank you...Yes, I'm staying at BCV...duh, my original reservation was at BWI but a BCV Studio opened up and I grabbed it!!!

It might be that everything I need will be available at Marketplace, stuff like Bagels, cream cheese, snacks... I won't really be eating meals here, other than Breakfast or maybe late night snacks....

Jeanne

If you were eligible to use the DVC order form, everything is delivered from the Beach Club Marketplace, so it would be the same selection.

Jeanne
Everything on the DVC Order form is obtained from the Marketplace. You will be able to get them yourselves

I wanted to add that we were at the BC in June when our balcony was being painted and didn’t have any problems at all with noise. The exterior of the BC was badly in need of painting so I am very glad that they finally got around to it.

And our resort room was spotless, too. :)

I have that style of mug from Pop Century and it says “Grand Opening”. We stayed there the first month it was open!
Awesome! My All-Star Movies mug was also there, and DH’s Caribbean Beach Resort mug as well (also from 2002- this was the trip where he bought into DVC at BCV). I’ll admit I like the design of the current mugs better but it was fun to have a resort-specific one.

Im so excited to stay here but TBH im getting nervous with all this construction. I switched from AKL to beach club to avoid construction and pool closure and they informed me of that well ahead of time. I know resorts will have construction throughout the year but if its as disruptive as it sounds they should have warned guests. I'm sorry your trip isnt starting off well and I hope it gets fixed soon!

We went in early August and while there was scaffolding up I never really paid attention to the noise. We were in the pool every day (8/1-8/5, checked out on the 6th and moved to the poly) and the only time I noticed if it was something loud/if they talked loud or if I looked up and paid attention. But being at the pool, loud could be the kid screaming, the life guards whistle, the pool party, a team cheering because someone had a good serve in volleyball.

I think we heard more noise from our room and the front/main entrance area then we heard from the construction crews. But that was more my dh since I was awake and at the pool while he was still asleep...as were my kids...who sleeps at 9am on a disney pool day?? My family!

Hi, i am aware that the guest laundry is operated by debit or credit card. I was wondering if you can purchase laundry cards in the resort as i know they were available at some resorts in the past.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter