Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Page 1289-1290

Thank YOU my friend! If you recall last Saturday around here, you'll understand when I say thank goodness for that thundershower in the morning! It broke the humidity in the church!

Ok. Two other questions for y'all...

1. Anyone had luck plugging a Roku device into a YC TV? We recently tried it at a Hilton and it didn't work.

2. They still sell pool noodles at BC Marketplace, yes?

Don't know the answer to 1.

Outdated answer to 2. As of October 2016, my last stay at the resort, pool noodles were still being sold at the BC Marketplace. Bring your gold card. They were $5 each!

:scared1:

Hello Dee!
We'll be coming back to Beach Club. Can you please add me to list: 4/10-4/20/19 Waterview CL Room. This will be out 1st Club Level stay here, so if anyone has any advice/tips/opinions I would appreciate it. I had a CL room booked for April 2018, but switched to a regular room to save some money. This trip will be celebrating DH 50th birthday and DD 16th birthday, so I wanted to do something extra special. Thank you Dee for all the effort you put into this board!
Shelly

Yay!!!

Will do!

I'll start off with a tip... If you purchase something at a theme park or Disney Springs, you can have your package sent directly to your CL room (instead of to the Marketplace for pickup) (I think within a day or two of your checkout day)

:cool1:

Those who have stayed at Beach Club- how easily were you able to unpack and fit things in the room? I have three adults for a week. I know my dad can live out of his suitcase, but my grandmother and I would prefer to take clothing out, and it looks like super minimal storage from the pictures.

:welcome: to the thread!

When is your trip?

Good question. I have stayed twice with 4 adult women to a BC room, but for shorter stays, just a few days. We were fine as I recall.

I'll post pictures of the storage options from our room in 2015:

ETA: I don't have pictures of what I was looking to show you.

::yes::

Last edited:
Page 1289-1290

:welcome: to the thread!

When is your trip?

Good question. I have stayed twice with 4 adult women to a BC room, but for shorter stays, just a few days. We were fine as I recall.

I'll post pictures of the storage options from our room in 2015:

::yes::

We're staying October 5th to 12th this year! Yacht is kinda our "home" resort, so BC is new to us. I've forgotten what it's like to stay in a new place :rotfl: So many things I didn't have to think about before!

Those who have stayed at Beach Club- how easily were you able to unpack and fit things in the room? I have three adults for a week. I know my dad can live out of his suitcase, but my grandmother and I would prefer to take clothing out, and it looks like super minimal storage from the pictures.

Looking for help here on the Beach Club renovated rooms-

I have a picture of this unit that has some storage.

Armoire.jpg

Do some (or all) rooms also have a bureau, near the bathroom. Like that the coffee maker is kept on? Or is the coffee maker on something else? I can't find a picture from the "new" rooms and it has been 3 years since my last BC stay so I am a bit foggy on what was there.

Where is the fridge? In one of the cabinets above? Or is it now in another casing, in the cubby where I am imagining the bureau?

Anyone have a picture that will help me figure this out.

:thanks:

D'OH

Went the links on Page 1, Post 8:

BC open storage cabinet.jpg

BC fridge housing coffee maker thisismyusername.jpg

The fridge is in there ^^^, right???

Last edited:

There were 5 of us so my girls shared a drawer, Dh and I shared a drawer and used the top drawers to the right for overflow. And my son used a drawer. The cabinets on the side I felt were wasteful, they needed a shelf. Also we found someone’s clothing behind the 3 drawers so make sure you check before you check out! It’s like the dryer and eats socks!

The dresser was like the picture posted, our desk was next to the bed/outer wall and we had a day bed.

[QUOTE="natebenma, post: 59601715, member: 203544]

Do some (or all) rooms also have a bureau, near the bathroom. Like that the coffee maker is kept on? Or is the coffee maker on something else? I can't find a picture from the "new" rooms and it has been 3 years since my last BC stay so I am a bit foggy on what was there.

Where is the fridge? In one of the cabinets above? Or is it now in another casing, in the cubby where I am imagining the bureau?

Anyone have a picture that will help me figure this out. [/QUOTE]

I was dissapointed in the space of the room. The sink area was huge, it would of been great to add some kind of shower rod there so while one person is in the tiny bathroom, another could get dressed in that area (or one could go in the shower and another could come out of the bathroom and get dressed minus the steam from the shower keeping the body wet).

There was no bureau near the bathroom but below the double sink there was a shelf which we put our toiletries. There was no place to put clothes post shower in our bathroom, other then the back of the toilet or on the toilet seat flipped closed.

The coffee maker was above the fridge which was enclosed and not cool. We kept the door open for more air flow. They were both as you walked in, our room to our left with the sink area to the right. I feel like we only had one closet. My mind is foggy since we stayed at the Poly too and even though it was an older room, the room was bigger and there was more drawer space and 2 closets.

il_570xN.1219873818_5xbn.jpg
:donald::tigger:

2. On a totally related note....(read: Disneymoon)
There are Keurigs in rooms at YC, yes? Does anyone know if they ever stock them with decaf tea? Chamomile would be perfect.

3. The fridges at YC are unable to maintain ice, yes? We each recently got YETI water bottles and they will keep even Disney fountain water ice cold if there's some ice in the bottom. We plan on carrying them in the parks with us.

Congratulations Scott MC
I can tell you we had decaf peppermint tea in our yacht club room this past July plus English breakfast tea and green tea. We were club level so there was a decent selection of other options from the Twinning's Teas range there. I'm betting you could request the chamomile if you didn't have it in your room.
Wishing you and your new husband many happy years together :)

I’ve been stalking Disney ever since booking the Yacht Club. I dont like that it is pet friendly but we we planned this Oct 4 trip late and the YC was the only deluxe choice. Finally the Beach Club had availability so I booked it! ! A Beach Club Mom Daughter trip it is! Im so excited I was even able to get Cape May breakfast! 53 days!

Does anyone know if the store at Beach Club sells cream cheese? Or if there is anywhere close by (Swan/Dolphin? That gas station?) that would?
Thank you!

Does anyone know if the store at Beach Club sells cream cheese? Or if there is anywhere close by (Swan/Dolphin? That gas station?) that would?
Thank you!

Not sure if it’s in the fridge section but there were the little single serve cups next to the bagels but once it ran out they didn’t restock them for the later part of the day.

Hi everyone! We will be at the BCV again in a little more than a week. Anyway, my friend was there last we and said that there where characters at the pool. I am going to assume they are the Cape May characters. Is this a regular thing? This will be our fourth trip there and I don't think I ever saw that before! If it is a normal time I would like to be by the pool because my son would love it lol. TIA!

Hi everyone! We will be at the BCV again in a little more than a week. Anyway, my friend was there last we and said that there where characters at the pool. I am going to assume they are the Cape May characters.

Not necessarily.

Is this a regular thing?

I wouldn't say regular. They have been popping in every so often lately. But it is totally random and there is no schedule. They have been doing this for the past 5-6 years at CBR and from reports here on the DIS it appears they are starting to do this at other resorts. A couple months ago they started a Character Caravan at the All Stars which has characters at the pools randomly.

Hi everyone! We will be at the BCV again in a little more than a week. Anyway, my friend was there last we and said that there where characters at the pool. I am going to assume they are the Cape May characters. Is this a regular thing? This will be our fourth trip there and I don't think I ever saw that before! If it is a normal time I would like to be by the pool because my son would love it lol. TIA!

The characters came out during the afternoon pool games. There were 4 of them-Minnie, goofy, daisy and...can’t recall who else.

They didn’t pose for pictures or sign autographs. We saw them twice so it may not be daily-just looking at the schedule when we were there and maybe for the dance party or possibly longer. My kids weren’t playing the days they came out they were playing volley ball instead.

I’d say it was closer to 2pm if not at 2. They brought each character out one by one and then at the end they all came out.

Minnie or daisy played some game and if you were on a certain color you had to jump in the pool. They also held part of the stick for limbo.

We took mid day breaks every day and had 2 pool days (plus arrival day pool day) while there but I only saw them twice and we were at the pool from 12/1 until around 4 on park days. Pool days I was there by 8:45 waiting to get in to get a table in the shade!

Page 1290-1291

Could you add us to the list?

June 14-23, 2019 Beach Club - Club Level

Thanks!

Will do!

:cool1:

I’ve been stalking Disney ever since booking the Yacht Club. I dont like that it is pet friendly but we we planned this Oct 4 trip late and the YC was the only deluxe choice. Finally the Beach Club had availability so I booked it! ! A Beach Club Mom Daughter trip it is! Im so excited I was even able to get Cape May breakfast! 53 days!

I'll make the change to the Be Our Guest list.

:goodvibes

Thank you!

I just checked the BCV order sheet (which I assume covers the same items that are at the Beach Club Marketplace) The Feb 2017 list had 8oz. Philly Cream Cheese for $3.79.

:thumbsup2

We land in Orlando at 9am tomorrow and head to the Yacht Club!!Vacation is finally here.:yay:

Wishing you a magical trip!

:woohoo:

Have a fantastic vacation! Please let us know if you run into some characters.

:mickeyjum:donald::goofy:

The characters came out during the afternoon pool games. There were 4 of them-Minnie, goofy, daisy and...can’t recall who else.

They didn’t pose for pictures or sign autographs. We saw them twice so it may not be daily-just looking at the schedule when we were there and maybe for the dance party or possibly longer. My kids weren’t playing the days they came out they were playing volley ball instead.

I’d say it was closer to 2pm if not at 2. They brought each character out one by one and then at the end they all came out.

Minnie or daisy played some game and if you were on a certain color you had to jump in the pool. They also held part of the stick for limbo.

We took mid day breaks every day and had 2 pool days (plus arrival day pool day) while there but I only saw them twice and we were at the pool from 12/1 until around 4 on park days. Pool days I was there by 8:45 waiting to get in to get a table in the shade!

Thank you once again for a very detailed response about your experiences at the resort! This is very helpful to know about the characters!

:thanks:

Congratulations Scott MC
I can tell you we had decaf peppermint tea in our yacht club room this past July plus English breakfast tea and green tea. We were club level so there was a decent selection of other options from the Twinning's Teas range there. I'm betting you could request the chamomile if you didn't have it in your room.
Wishing you and your new husband many happy years together :)

@Scott MC - I just wanted to add my congratulations! May you celebrate and share many magical years together!

(I tried to quote, but made a mistake).

Thank you for the well wishes and information. DH (that's the first time I've used that!) is a coffee drinker and isn't choosy, but I only drink completely decaffeinated tea. I think the best option might for me to slip my own tea bags into my luggage. They don't take up much room, and the Keurig will produce hot water.

Ahhh....48 hours from now we'll be landed and on our way to YC! We haven't decided about ME or just taking Lyft. I think it's sort of magical to arrive by ME and don't mind stopping at other resorts. What I DO mind, and always seems to happen to us, is that we're the first ones put on a ME bus at MCO, and we wait...and wait...and wait. Our record is 45 minutes on the ME bus at MCO before it left the station...then stopped at about 3 resorts before ours! Lyft would be so much faster, so that's a very plausible option for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter