Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Are you staying on points? My thought process is if you are or are not having daily housekeeping. When we stayed at Kidani on rented points in May 2017 we didn’t get daily housekeeping so, no, we didn’t get new toiletries daily. I have a lot of long hair. The stuff they give is very drying to my hair so I don’t use it anyway. When I have used it a bottle pretty much washes my hair once. That’s it. I always bring my own anyway.

We are staying on points, NOT having daily housekeeping (we'll be at the parks for all but 2 days of the trip so we won't be around enough to warrant any additional housekeeping than day 4 cleaning and day 7 trash & towel). So, same as with your stay we'll have just what's included for our number of days and I am correct that we will not automatically get more toiletries. I'm going to pack some from home and charge DH a dollar when he's asking me if I (the colossal under-packer) packed any from home.

Question about room cleanliness. We are staying YC CL in 1 month.:cheer2: However the reports of the rooms being dirty is making me a little nervous. We are staying YC for many reasons but one is the “wood” floors... my husband has OCD and cleanliness is a big issue (carpeting especially). So if the floors are dirty when we get there could we ask them to come and mop them and/or do you think it’s ok if I bring wipes and do a quick “wash” myself? I know it’s a weird question, but he hates to travel and is doing this for me and our DDs so I want to make it the least stressful. (I have already promised a less stressful park trip). Thanks.
I've never had a dirty room at the YC or any other Disney resort, I'm not saying it doesn't happen we may just have been lucky. I'm not saying I have never seen a speck of dust just not anything really dirty. There is no excuse for dirty floors at any hotel. You certainly can call and have them come and clean the floors if you find them dirty or ask for a different room...one with clean floors!

We are staying on points, NOT having daily housekeeping (we'll be at the parks for all but 2 days of the trip so we won't be around enough to warrant any additional housekeeping than day 4 cleaning and day 7 trash & towel). So, same as with your stay we'll have just what's included for our number of days and I am correct that we will not automatically get more toiletries. I'm going to pack some from home and charge DH a dollar when he's asking me if I (the colossal under-packer) packed any from home.
We were staying on points at OKW as well, and no issues getting extra toiletries, at no cost. But you are correct, you will not get them “automatically.”

Never had to pay for a few extras. With that said, we cannot stand the new line of products that are in the resorts. We keep our own in our Owners Locker now.
We are the same way. We can’t understand why anyone would like the smell of the new products. It stinks that they put the same scent at all of the resorts.

This is directly from the DVC member website regarding toiletries. Now, as with all things Disney there is a lot of inconsistency, some have had no issues getting more products at no charge whereas others have been charged. You will not receive more automatically outside of your normal housekeeping service.

Pay As You Play
With Pay As You Play service, you'll be provided with the following amenities at no extra charge at the start of your stay and during each Housekeeping service. After that, you may purchase more amenities for the following fees (fees are subject to change):

• Toiletries Package: $5 - includes 1 facial soap, 1 bath soap, 1 shampoo, 1 conditioner, 1 shower gel
  • Coffee Package: $3 - includes 1 package of coffee, 8 sugars, 8 creamers, 8 artificial sweeteners
  • Towel Package: $6 - includes 4 bath towels, 2 hand towels, 4 washcloths, 1 bath mat
  • 2 Bathrobes: $6
  • Laundry Detergent (only in 1-, 2- and 3-Bedroom Villas): $1 - includes 1 box for 1 load of laundry
NOTE: Rates are subject to change without notice.

This is directly from the DVC member website regarding toiletries. Now, as with all things Disney there is a lot of inconsistency, some have had no issues getting more products at no charge whereas others have been charged. You will not receive more automatically outside of your normal housekeeping service.

Pay As You Play
With Pay As You Play service, you'll be provided with the following amenities at no extra charge at the start of your stay and during each Housekeeping service. After that, you may purchase more amenities for the following fees (fees are subject to change):

• Toiletries Package: $5 - includes 1 facial soap, 1 bath soap, 1 shampoo, 1 conditioner, 1 shower gel
  • Coffee Package: $3 - includes 1 package of coffee, 8 sugars, 8 creamers, 8 artificial sweeteners
  • Towel Package: $6 - includes 4 bath towels, 2 hand towels, 4 washcloths, 1 bath mat
  • 2 Bathrobes: $6
  • Laundry Detergent (only in 1-, 2- and 3-Bedroom Villas): $1 - includes 1 box for 1 load of laundry
NOTE: Rates are subject to change without notice.

Thanks, I saw the same and that's what I told DH. I was hoping to confirm with some real-life experience (and a pp was able to do that based on her DVC points stay elsewhere).

DH is insisting he has never been charged for toiletries and had plenty of them. I am insisting that perhaps he got lucky, or didn't notice a charge and it's cheap insurance to just bring shampoo/ conditioner/ shower gel from home (which I like better anyway).

Question about room cleanliness. We are staying YC CL in 1 month.:cheer2: However the reports of the rooms being dirty is making me a little nervous. We are staying YC for many reasons but one is the “wood” floors... my husband has OCD and cleanliness is a big issue (carpeting especially). So if the floors are dirty when we get there could we ask them to come and mop them and/or do you think it’s ok if I bring wipes and do a quick “wash” myself? I know it’s a weird question, but he hates to travel and is doing this for me and our DDs so I want to make it the least stressful. (I have already promised a less stressful park trip). Thanks.

When we were at the YC last month, our room was very clean including the floor, but I think it is totally fine if you bring wipes and wipe things down. I always travel with wipes and wipe down tables, remotes, drawers, etc. because I’m a little OCD with that kind of thing.

When we were at the YC last month, our room was very clean including the floor, but I think it is totally fine if you bring wipes and wipe things down. I always travel with wipes and wipe down tables, remotes, drawers, etc. because I’m a little OCD with that kind of thing.

I also travel with wipes and wipe things down (tables/ counters because I prep food there, remote because my toddler will want to carry it around like a prized treasure and then wipe his hands all over his face, and if I encounter a sticky nasty table that is the last place to sit at a QS). Who's really going to know if you wipe the room down from top to bottom? If that makes your stay better, far be it from me to stop anyone.

I also travel with wipes and wipe things down (tables/ counters because I prep food there, remote because my toddler will want to carry it around like a prized treasure and then wipe his hands all over his face, and if I encounter a sticky nasty table that is the last place to sit at a QS). Who's really going to know if you wipe the room down from top to bottom? If that makes your stay better, far be it from me to stop anyone.

When we were at the BC 3 weeks ago we had a very clean room. I also travel with wipes and wipe things down. I even wipe down the lock on the door.

Thank you all. I’m feeling much better. I bring wipes too and wipe down tables and such, I’ll just bring some extra in case.

This is going to sound crazy to likely 98% of readers for a few reasons, but here goes...

We just did an 8-day split stay at BC/WL in June that was so so jam-packed with parks and family/friends etc. We ended up switching to YC after two days because the BC had beautiful Venetian blinds that just did not block out the light and my west coast kids were up until close to 11PM and our 4 year old just couldn't sleep with the sun coming in. Switching was no problem and the cast member said we weren't the first ones to do it.

This summer and through OCT, my husband has been working in NYC and we live in CA. So we try to see him every 2 weeks but its hard. The kids and I were planning on heading out to NYC next week, but my oldest truly just wants to "swim and cuddle with daddy" so we thought we would surprise them with a back to disney trip since we definitely did not get enough pool time when we were there!

YC is full so I'm looking at BC and I know someone mentioned after my post-trip review that not all rooms are the Venetian blinds. Can anyone confirm from a recent stay that there are non-suite rooms that still have the blackout shades?

Will he wear slippers? Some of the CLs have slippers in the rooms. I have a thing about carpet too and always bring socks to walk around in, but loved the slippers this time.

Will he wear slippers? Some of the CLs have slippers in the rooms. I have a thing about carpet too and always bring socks to walk around in, but loved the slippers this time.

Don’t know about slippers but he won’t take his shoes off if it’s bad, the problem is our DDs. They don’t like shoes so they will take them off and that will worry him. But I like the slippers idea... maybe I’ll bring their slippers too. Thanks.

Don’t know about slippers but he won’t take his shoes off if it’s bad, the problem is our DDs. They don’t like shoes so they will take them off and that will worry him. But I like the slippers idea... maybe I’ll bring their slippers too. Thanks.
I'm OCD about that and bring my kids' slippers (those snoozies) with me for them to wear.

I found the floors to be clean BUT when we came in from the pool there was always sand trapped in clothes, bathing suits etc that made its way to the floor so bringing wipes may not be a bad idea.

Thanks, I saw the same and that's what I told DH. I was hoping to confirm with some real-life experience (and a pp was able to do that based on her DVC points stay elsewhere).

DH is insisting he has never been charged for toiletries and had plenty of them. I am insisting that perhaps he got lucky, or didn't notice a charge and it's cheap insurance to just bring shampoo/ conditioner/ shower gel from home (which I like better anyway).

Has your DH stayed in timeshares where the rules say you are only supposed to get toiletries on certain days?

Or has he stayed in hotel rooms which are supposed to replenish the toiletries every day?

Yes, people staying on DVC points have gotten lucky and have been given extra toiletries for free. But that's not the way it's supposed to work, and your DH should not count on it happening.

This is going to sound crazy to likely 98% of readers for a few reasons, but here goes...

We just did an 8-day split stay at BC/WL in June that was so so jam-packed with parks and family/friends etc. We ended up switching to YC after two days because the BC had beautiful Venetian blinds that just did not block out the light and my west coast kids were up until close to 11PM and our 4 year old just couldn't sleep with the sun coming in. Switching was no problem and the cast member said we weren't the first ones to do it.

This summer and through OCT, my husband has been working in NYC and we live in CA. So we try to see him every 2 weeks but its hard. The kids and I were planning on heading out to NYC next week, but my oldest truly just wants to "swim and cuddle with daddy" so we thought we would surprise them with a back to disney trip since we definitely did not get enough pool time when we were there!

YC is full so I'm looking at BC and I know someone mentioned after my post-trip review that not all rooms are the Venetian blinds. Can anyone confirm from a recent stay that there are non-suite rooms that still have the blackout shades?
Most of the BC rooms do not have the Roman-fold shades. The shades are installed in rooms where there is a single hinged door, with a window or two, instead of sliding patio doors.. All of the other rooms have the sheer and room-darkening draw draperies, which do an excellent job at blocking outside light.
During one BC stay, I was assigned a room facing the Quiet Pool. For safety reasons, flood lights around the pool (outside my room) remained lit until daybreak. With the Roman-fold shades on the door and window, it was almost impossible to fall asleep.

The contractor who provided the Roman-fold shades did a poor job of measuring/mounting them.

I suggest calling Disney reservations, or whomever you book through, and have them add a request for a room with the draw draperies. Some non-suite rooms have Roman-fold shades, but most have the draperies.

Has your DH stayed in timeshares where the rules say you are only supposed to get toiletries on certain days?

Or has he stayed in hotel rooms which are supposed to replenish the toiletries every day?

Yes, people staying on DVC points have gotten lucky and have been given extra toiletries for free. But that's not the way it's supposed to work, and your DH should not count on it happening.

He has always stayed as a DVC member booking on points since 2003.

His sister is a member as well and has stayed all over WDW on points and says the same thing- that we are not getting more toiletries until day 4 unless we ask (and get charged) for them.

At this point the mystery is solved as far as I’m concerned.

For some reason I was thinking that some rooms on the 4th and maybe 5th floors had the Roman shades vs. the blackout curtains. I think you find the Roman shades in rooms that do not have the sliding patio door. I can tell you our last BC room on the 3rd floor had the blackout curtains.

For some reason I was thinking that some rooms on the 4th and maybe 5th floors had the Roman shades vs. the blackout curtains. I think you find the Roman shades in rooms that do not have the sliding patio door. I can tell you our last BC room on the 3rd floor had the blackout curtains.
We were just there. Had a 4th floor room behind the quiet pool. We had a single hinged door and one window. We had the Roman shades.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter