Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

We arrive on Sat at BC and I’m looking for a place to grab dinner. We aren’t looking for a table service place...just maybe a fun quick service to use our DDP credit. I know we’ll be tired from traveling so don’t want to venture too far. Maybe Boardwalk area? Or maybe Disney Spings? Any fun 1st night spots?
Unfortunately this is a down side of Y and BC, the quick service. Hurricane Hannah's is outdoor by the pool, there can be long waits and no air conditioned place to sit. You have the BC marketplace, but its just flatbreads, salads, and sandwiches...while indoors, there are very limited places for you family to sit. If you choose the Solarium there are 2 chair tables (if you have a larger party you will need to separate), we were never able to get one of the three tables right outside the marketplace. The upside, the flatbread pizzas were good. If you are on the DDP, I don't think a lot over at the Boardwalk is covered under it--and again its all outdoor seating--so if its hot or rainy, its not the best. You could walk into Epcot and get a variety of yummy quick service, but that may be more than you are looking for.

Just curious how necessary ADRs are for Cape May breakfast. Would we have any luck walking up? We are going the last week of September if that makes a difference.
It would be hit or miss, but if you are flexible for time, we've found walk ups before.

I live in Canada and need to buy something for my trip that is only available online. Is it possible to have it shipped directly to the Beach Club? And if so, are there any fees for this? It’s not a grocery delivery.

I live in Canada and need to buy something for my trip that is only available online. Is it possible to have it shipped directly to the Beach Club? And if so, are there any fees for this? It’s not a grocery delivery.

If it is shipped through the U.S. Postal Service, it will first go to a central delivery area (which will cause a delay), and then to the Beach Club front desk. The Beach Club is supposed to charge $5 per package handling fee:
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/mail-services/

If it is shipped through FedEx or UPS, it will go to the Yacht & Beach Club Convention Center. The Convention Center office is run by an outside company. It charges a handling fee.
Handling fee includes receipt of item from carrier, storage for up to 3 days, onetime Guest package delivery or pickup, placing item with carrier for shipment, and tracking. Postage is not included.
  • Envelope: $3.00
  • Small Box: $3.00 (up to 4 lbs)
  • Med Box: $5.00 (5 lbs – 20 lbs)
  • Large Box: $10.00 (21 lbs – 70 lbs)
  • Golf Club: $10.00
  • Display Cases: $15.00
  • Pallets: $70.00 per 100 lbs
See: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/business-centers/

Just curious how necessary ADRs are for Cape May breakfast. Would we have any luck walking up? We are going the last week of September if that makes a difference.

I would definitely get the ADR. The ADR should be fairly easy to get but walking up is very hit or miss. Depending on how busy it is when you go, and what time of day (very early or very late breakfast) and party size, you may have some luck with a walk-up but it is very popular and once Chef Mickey and other breakfasts become unavailable it fills up quickly. I may be biased but Cape May is my favorite character breakfast.

Last edited:

I would definitely get the ADR. The ADR should be fairly easy to get but walking up is very hit or miss. Depending on how busy it is when you go, and what time of day (very early or very late breakfast) and party size, you may have some luck with a walk-up but it is very popular and once Chef Mickey and other breakfasts become unavailable it fills up quickly. I may be biased but CM is my favorite character breakfast.
I’ve never been to Cape May Cafe, but we are a party of 8. For some reason it wouldn’t let me book a party of 8 but let me book two parties of 4 at the same time. I booked it but just hope we can sit together. Fingers crossed!

I’ve never been to Cape May Cafe, but we are a party of 8. For some reason it wouldn’t let me book a party of 8 but let me book two parties of 4 at the same time. I booked it but just hope we can sit together. Fingers crossed!

Not to worry! It’s an extra step, but call the dining reservation number and let them know you’re all traveling together, they will note the reservations. That way you have good odds of either being seated together at one large table for 8, having them push together 2 smaller tables, or seating you at 2 4-tops next to each other (never a guarantee but I’ve never had this fail me). Cape May has booths as well as tables and so you *could* be seated one booth behind the other. Calling ahead will likely get you one of the seating configurations I mentioned or at the very least, two booths next to each other (unless you want to sit with your back to anyone in your party- I won’t tell on you :rolleyes1 ).

We've had a party of 10 before at Cape May so it's possible to sit everyone together at a table. If it wasn't letting you book for 8 it's probably because there weren't any reservations left. Do as EdnaMarieMode suggested and have them note on the reservations that you're together, but I would also keep checking for cancellations if sitting together is important. I find Disney restaurants to be pretty accommodating, but you never know. You could also set up a touringplans.com reservation finder. It's free and we've had a lot of success using it in the past.

Heard about using the app to unlock guest rooms, very cool. However, is it any different/easier than just using your Magic Band? Seems like more of a hassle to pull my phone out, open the app, and then unlock the door all while my Magic Band is on my wrist and ready to go.

Help me settle an argument.

Background: I HATE overpacking and I REALLY HATE packing toiletries if I don't have to.

We are staying at BCV, where soap/ shampoo dispensers have NOT been installed, so there are little bottles of each on arrival day and then they are replenished on day 4 (unless I missed something). For 5 people (me with long hair, stepdaughter, stepson, DH, and toddler) that's not going to last 4 days and I'm going to have to pack a few trial sizes from home. DH insists they will give us more (at no charge) any time we want (and I'm telling him I'm sure we're getting a $5 bill for a handful of toiletry items I can just bring from home).

So, are we getting shampoo every day even if we have to ask for it, without charge, OR is it going to be $5 when I stick my head out into the hallway and beg Mousekeeping for some conditioner?

Background: I HATE overpacking and I REALLY HATE packing toiletries if I don't have to.

We are staying at BCV, where soap/ shampoo dispensers have NOT been installed, so there are little bottles of each on arrival day and then they are replenished on day 4 (unless I missed something). For 5 people (me with long hair, stepdaughter, stepson, DH, and toddler) that's not going to last 4 days and I'm going to have to pack a few trial sizes from home. DH insists they will give us more (at no charge) any time we want (and I'm telling him I'm sure we're getting a $5 bill for a handful of toiletry items I can just bring from home).

So, are we getting shampoo every day even if we have to ask for it, without charge, OR is it going to be $5 when I stick my head out into the hallway and beg Mousekeeping for some conditioner?
I would love to know the answer to this too. We're leaving for BCV next week!

Question about room cleanliness. We are staying YC CL in 1 month.:cheer2: However the reports of the rooms being dirty is making me a little nervous. We are staying YC for many reasons but one is the “wood” floors... my husband has OCD and cleanliness is a big issue (carpeting especially). So if the floors are dirty when we get there could we ask them to come and mop them and/or do you think it’s ok if I bring wipes and do a quick “wash” myself? I know it’s a weird question, but he hates to travel and is doing this for me and our DDs so I want to make it the least stressful. (I have already promised a less stressful park trip). Thanks.

I can't answer your question specifically for DVC, but in a club level room earlier this month, I couldn't even get more toiletries when I left a note. I had to chase down the housekeeper and ask for more on the spot.

Luckily, I always bring a 3oz travel size of shampoo, conditioner, and shower gel, just in case. I suggest you do the same. 3oz lasts a few days, so worst case, you will have some if you do run out.

Not BCV specific, but at OKW last month, housekeeping stopped by to empty the trash while we were still getting ready for the day. They asked if we needed anything, and we requested a few new towels, another bar of soap and more lotion. They came back with a bag containing at least 3 of each toiletry item (shampoo, conditioner, lotion, body wash, soap) and we were never charged a dime.

Never had to pay for a few extras. With that said, we cannot stand the new line of products that are in the resorts. We keep our own in our Owners Locker now.

Are you staying on points? My thought process is if you are or are not having daily housekeeping. When we stayed at Kidani on rented points in May 2017 we didn’t get daily housekeeping so, no, we didn’t get new toiletries daily. I have a lot of long hair. The stuff they give is very drying to my hair so I don’t use it anyway. When I have used it a bottle pretty much washes my hair once. That’s it. I always bring my own anyway.

I can't answer your question specifically for DVC, but in a club level room earlier this month, I couldn't even get more toiletries when I left a note. I had to chase down the housekeeper and ask for more on the spot.

Luckily, I always bring a 3oz travel size of shampoo, conditioner, and shower gel, just in case. I suggest you do the same. 3oz lasts a few days, so worst case, you will have some if you do run out.

I'm going to just pack some trial sizes and try really hard not to say "I told you so" when we're out of shampoo on day 4 (did I mention the 11 year old has no concept of how much product he needs? So 3 oz is a single use for him and the suds just flow :rolleyes2 ).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter